Poll: Is it the best?

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    After playing this game for so long, I've learned to take these kind of threads with a grain of salt.

When playing TBC, people swore that Vanilla was infinitely better.
    When WotLK came out, people swore that TBC was better and the content was just an AoEGrindFest.
    When Cataclysm came out, people swore than the content was too hard and said WotLK was better.
    When MoP came out, people DESPISED the daily grind. They said Siege was horrible and lasted too long. They said it was the worst expansion to date.
    Lastly when WoD came out, people said the leveling was too easy, the raid was a joke, etc. etc.

My point is just this: every expansion will hail older ones as the best, when at their present time they were being hailed as the worst. Five or six years from now, the same people will who are bashing Legion right now will be saying it was the best thing since sliced bread, all while bashing the current expansion.

My personal vote would be: Wrath > BC > Legion > Vanilla > MoP > Cata > WoD.

Deleted
    WOTLK>Legion=Vanilla=TBC>MOP>CATA>WOD for me.
    Lets see if Legion can keep up in the long run, really good so far.
    Has the potential to be my fav. expansion.

All a matter of opinion. MoP was the first expansion that made me quit actively playing the game. I'd return to see whatever new raids were released and to catch up with guildies but that was it. The asian theme was way overdone imo even though I actually really liked pandaren.

I cannot agree with the OP from my experience, I do see it often as the 2nd or 3rd favorite expansion but rarely the 1st. But WotLK is still considered the best expansion among the playerbase, pretty much every poll tells it so.

My ranking from best to worst would be:

1. WotLK
    2. TBC
    3. Vanilla
    4. Legion
    5. MoP
    6. WoD
    7. Cata

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion > MoP = LK > Cata > WoD > Classic >>> TBC

Scrub Resto Druid Trying to Make a Difference

10+ Year Old Account
    seems like you have made a big generalised statement without any actual data to back it up.
    Hi

The BIGGEST problem most people had with Mists, aside from the eyeroll-worthy people that hated it just because of Pandas, wasn't with the expansion as a whole, but the duration that Siege of Orgrimmar lasted (and the generally lack-luster nature of the raid as a final tier raid). Aside from that, people also felt there were too many dailies. But the game at its core was in a pretty solid place during Mists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Deleted
    Not the best but clearly ranking 2-3 on my list. I raided in Mists, killed Garrosh shortly before the nerfs on Normal, then HC. So, while not an elite raider, I finished the content as a casual and I enjoyed it immensely. It was also the first time I hit max on more than 2 characters. Mists had more +'s than -'s. As of right now, Legion takes the 1st place in my book, but as we venture deeper into the woods, I'm starting to see it's lesser attractive sides.
    - alting is not optimal
    - rep grinding being a bother as usual
    - the community, but that's not the developers fault
    and a few other things, such as the difference in length of the class hall campaigns, gear stats not being favorable etc.

7+ Year Old Account
    Poll and post seem a bit bias. Personally, MoP ranks lower than TBC, Wrath, and Legion.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordAmbrosia View Post
    Legion > WoD > MoP > Wrath > BC > Cata > Vanilla

The game only gets better and better (Except cata). But people get older and older and become jaded, and nostalgia deceives them. They dont really want BC back, they want to be a carefree 12 year old again.
    That's true to some extent. There's no denying that gameplay and QoL get better and better as time goes on. Not everyone likes every change (I still miss blood DPS) but overall the game has only improved with time. For all the talk about "the good old days", I don't think anyone really wants to go back to 5 minute blessings and bags full of soul shards.

On the other hand, while nostalgia definitely plays a role in Wrath and BC's popularity, that's not the only reason people tend to universally love Wrath. Wrath had sense of atmosphere that hasn't really been recreated since. It was also just plain fun. Experimental and often completely unbalanced, but fun none the less. People love to talk about things like how the Wrath dungeons were mostly a bunch of easy AoE fests. That's true, but everyone I know enjoyed them anyway. Tearing through waves of easy mobs like a badass is more fun and entertaining than most people like to admit.

It was a decent expansion. Not that good, but good enough.

What MoP did have though, was the by far worst PvE balance of any expansion. The most refreshing thing about WoD launch, was that the Dps classes were actually able to compete with eachother, as opposed to the 1st spot always being a Mage or Lock.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Mists was better than Wrath?

Ok m8. What are you smoking? I want some.

TBC all the way, they extended what was a good game, after tbc they started to experiment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stormare View Post
    Tbc is the best expansion
    I second this. They probably won't admit to it, but they either didn't play back then, were a noob or had no interest in guild raiding. If you played from the get go and were a hardcore raider/pvper, there's no way in hell you can say MoP is better than TBC. The only thing MoP did was create more solo content for the extreme introverts. TBC had better raiding, better heroics and a better story. Are people really implying Illidans story is less impressive than some pandas and their version of ying/yang?

Now I'm not implying MoP is bad, but when you stand it up next to Wotlk and TBC, it falls short. Now if we compare it to cataclysm/WoD, then we can say it's better.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

I enjoyed it a lot had the most pvp fun with my warrior. Banners were fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    tbc > wotlk > mop > legion > cata > wod
    I can get behind this. The first 2 are spot on but I'm not sure where i'd have MoP and Legion. Definitely cata and WoD are at the end lol
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

MoP > Wrath > Cata > TBC > WoD

Left Legion out since too early to tell.

MoP is my favorite expansion. My 2nd favorite race introduced in it, the continent was amazing and it felt very alive.

MoP had its fair share of blunders, the dungeons and the SoO content drought were two biggies. But I still regard it as a pleasant experience throughout.

Given that a lot of the current players who play wow started in Mists, yes Mists has a following. Heck, I will even say it was a good expansion. But anyone who played pre-cata is not likely to think Mists was the best xpac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    man, i miss the days of pressing shadowbolt and being top deepz.....
    More abilities doesn't make something great just like a million boss mechanics doesn't make a boss great, there is a saying......less is more......I like not having to read a novel just to know how to play my class or beat a boss, there could be 3 mechanics and have them be brutal as long as it was engaging and helped tell the story I would be happy.

Oh and my expac favs go WOTLK > TBC > Legion > MoP > WoD (Raids put this above Crapaclysm) > Crapaclysm.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.