Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Kits View Post
    So?
    "So?" You are gunna say "so" to kids having a better chance at a future? Do you even—?! I mean—

I see you are a wonderful empathic person, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Strange... Doesn't sound like McCain; he's always been more or less decent towards Hillary. Has the "alt-right" blight affected his thinking too?
    doubtful, the GOP establishment are going to continue on as they did under Obama because they have the benefit of being "someone else's problem" in regards to keeping their jobs. Trump wasn't a big enough wake up call for them it seems.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    they DO have to consider the president's nomination and vote on them (either for or against), which they are flat-out refusing to do.
    Right, I see. Well, I do understand not voting on the issue being a problem, certainly. That's not, however, what McCain said. He said they would be united against any nominee, which would mean they would vote that nominee down.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Kits View Post
    I'm not seeing how any of this is hurting people.
    That's because you lack critical thinking skills, likely due to the continuous cuts to the education budget.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Holy shit is this 2007 and not 2016, fuck my computer calendar must be off.
    Oh okay, it was okay in 2007 but not in 2016? thanks for clearing that up

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    that doesn't make this any better, but sure, drag whataboutsim into it, like that justifies anything.
    whoa president skyhigh calm down.

Look ,im not saying its right. I don't believe in this partisan bullshit from anyone, regardless of the party. Bring it to a vote..do your fucking job.

The point im making here is that, regardless of what many on the forum here believe, both parties do this kind of shit and is a bit hypocritical to criticize one side for it and not the other.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Oh okay, it was okay in 2007 but not in 2016? thanks for clearing that up
    He wasn't talking about the same thing, even then. So your comparison is still false. The closest would be what's going on with Garland right now, but even then I don't believe he threatened to refuse to even talk to the nominee, simply not confirm them.

We're also not talking about him talking about categorically refusing to confirm any nominee from Bush, as McCain is doing here with Hillary, but rather extreme nominees.

So again, it's a false comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    Basically old rural religious whites nolonger get to dictate policy and the direction of travel of the country. There isn't enough of them anymore and since they've grown so accustomed to having their own way they go mental when they don't. So given they can't get their way anymore they resort to blocking the majority getting theirs. Thankfully its a holding action at best. The liberal millennial tide is going to drown them in a decade or less.
    Meanwhile, the Republicans continue to have large majorities in midterm elections as their voters bother to go to the polls. The Democrats have been saying they're demographically inevitable for at least 50 years. Hasn't seemed to happen yet.

When you claim that they're "blocking the majority", remember that these "obstuctionist" congresspeople and senators are representing the people who voted them in.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    So 8 justices are going to be the Supreme Court's new thing?
    Probably 5 by the end of the first term, some of them are pretty old now and/or will retire soon.

Then just 2 the following term.

And then there were none.

T-minus 3 election cycles until there is literally no Justice left in America
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm...haven't democrats done the same thing in the past?

/video snip

appears so.
    I love when you post things and don't view them. And then they aren't related to the topic, and actually prove the point of the OP rather than whatever the hell you thought your (unread) link would demonstrate.

Given Clinton is pro-Sotomayor and wants more like her , and the bullshit that lady says, I'm glad someone is there to stop people like that from fucking up this country for generations to come

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Probably 5 by the end of the first term, some of them are pretty old now and/or will retire soon.

Then just 2 the following term.

And then there were none.

T-minus 3 election cycles until there is literally no Justice left in America
    It's the perfect plan! Probably a joint effort on both sides!

Eliminate one branch of government and the other 2 grow stronger!

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I love when you post things and don't view them. And then they aren't related to the topic, and actually prove the point of the OP rather than whatever the hell you thought your (unread) link would demonstrate.
    Guess I should have issued you a trigger warning.

The overall point is still valid, ANYTIME congress refuses to do their job because of partisan issues, it is a failure of the elected officials. To pretend that Democrats are somehow blames is amusing. Perhaps we should look into how many bills Harry reid refused to bring before congress due to political grandstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That should be legally actionable in some manner.
    I almost hope that they do delay it 2 more years, and then lose Congress
    That prospect should be punishing enough.
    Leaving that to the voters, instead of legislation, has the ncie effect of eventually culling all kinds of obstruction and radicalism.
    Both the people and the parties are excessively polarized today. They'll need to compromise or be steamrolled out of relevancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Given Clinton is pro-Sotomayor and wants more like her , and the bullshit that lady says, I'm glad someone is there to stop people like that from fucking up this country for generations to come
    Like making Obama a 1-term president?

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    indeed, and as Wikileaks continues to show the nation the extend of her corruption, I'm hoping the likelihood of her getting elected continues to drop.

I guess this is what happens when you don't spank your children, they don't learn how to stop being bigger children.

whoa president skyhigh calm down.
    woah duuuude, didn't know a simple response could take you a back so much, I'll be more polite next time. /snorts
    The point im making here is that, regardless of what many on the forum here believe, both parties do this kind of shit and is a bit hypocritical to criticize one side for it and not the other.
    oh so BOTH are bad in this case because one threatened to do it and we're months into the other side doing just that? what a fucking joke.

indeed, and as Wikileaks continues to show the nation the extend of her corruption, I'm hoping the likelihood of her getting elected continues to drop.
    I think she'll probably win, followed by a fair chance of the Democrats getting steamrolled in the 2018 midterms and the 2020 general (where "I'm not Donald Trump" can't be a winning strategy - it has to be concerning that she can't adequately pull away from ostensibly the worst presidential candidate ever). (Off topic, I'm fairly sure a bunch of Republicans are willing to deal with 4 years of Hillary for the chance of mobilizing people in the 2020 general which has the added bonus of affecting redistricting).

In 2018, Democrats have to defend 23 seats to the Republicans' 8, and several Democrat seats are in Republican leaning states.
    Last edited by Sargerasraider; 2016-10-17 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    That's because you lack critical thinking skills, likely due to the continuous cuts to the education budget.
    Please stfu about things you don't know about.

"The US is the leader in funding education" - straight from the Department of Education website. America spends more than enough for education to be successful. Our method is the problem. Your progressive ideology of "take more!Spend more!" has beeen proven time and time again to not fix the education issue in America. Find some other talking point to regurgitate.

Besides, the federal government makes up 8.3% of a K-12 school budget. The rest is state and local taxes. Namely property taxes. If a schools budget is cut, it's because the people paying for it want it to be so.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So...more of the crybaby obstructionism that they're engaged in right now?

Are we supposed to believe they're even attempting to do their jobs or act like adults?
    Between behavior like this, Trump as the nominee and the GoP imploding in general all around it's pretty surprising the Dems haven't a chance at flipping the house and only a tiny chance of flipping the senate.