Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Didn't she admit to raping some guy and makes fun of it?

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    they are to the left because our country is so far right that even the left is still right. and people do tend to become more left once they become educated. that is because, again, they are indoctrinated into right wing thinking at a young age, via school and their parents. so there is a significant difference in what they are taught in college vs the right wing ideology taught ib gradeschool. like evolution, basic history (evolution and the crusades are apparently "leftist lies"), critical thinking etc.

so yes... lets say "i'm correct" about schools.
    the same thing applies to the media; they are only "left" in comparison to the right wing broadcasting companies. most others have been around long before the "media left" narrative became a thing. what better way to attract an audience of right wingers to your new broadcasting network than to claim all the others cant be trusted?

the koch brothers have even come out and said they use right wing news networks as a way to push their political agenda.
    thats partly why fox news said "we dont have to be factual in our shows, because they are entertainment not news."

so its a two punch move. keep the voters as uneducated as possible, then manipulate them by saying journalism cant be trusted: only blatantly right wing news sources can be trusted, anything that disagrees with us is a lie.
    cults use many similar methods. isolate the people from outside sources, limit the information they can recieve, and indoctrinate that only the cult leader can be trusted.
    Perhaps you are so far left that from your perspective something one micron right of center is extreme right wing to you? My 9 years in Texas public school system has 0 classes on creationism, that bullshit doesn't fly with all right winger either just so you know. My last 3 years of high school in New Hampshire didn't have any either, imagine that. Strange since you seem to think every one in this nation is a right wing religious nut unless they go to collage. I took biology twice because of that, as a fresh man in Texas and as a senior in Hampshire, its was precaticly identical in source content, and they total taught about evolution. And sexual genders..but all that shit bogus now because gender is just a social construct these days right? Was all that gender shit in evolution just a right wing bullshit?

You do not want to go down the path of the Crusades, they happened, do you know why they happened? Current Liberal history generally wont get into Islam and how it spread because frankly it makes early Christianity look kind. See your mistake is thinking im some hard right winger, and its because as i said you see all right as far right because of where you rest on left. But its easy to see how this country is moving left to the point where folks like you will treat folks like me as a die hard Trumpeter would treat a Muslim.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Didn't seem like those 200 "fans" even knew who she was.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Perhaps you are so far left that from your perspective something one micron right of center is extreme right wing to you? My 9 years in Texas public school system has 0 classes on creationism, that bullshit doesn't fly with all right winger either just so you know. My last 3 years of high school in New Hampshire didn't have any either, imagine that. Strange since you seem to think every one in this nation is a right wing religious nut unless they go to collage. I took biology twice because of that, as a fresh man in Texas and as a senior in Hampshire, its was precaticly identical in source content, and they total taught about evolution. And sexual genders..but all that shit bogus now because gender is just a social construct these days right? Was all that gender shit in evolution just a right wing bullshit?

You do not want to go down the path of the Crusades, they happened, do you know why they happened? Current Liberal history generally wont get into Islam and how it spread because frankly it makes early Christianity look kind. See your mistake is thinking im some hard right winger, and its because as i said you see all right as far right because of where you rest on left. But its easy to see how this country is moving left to the point where folks like you will treat folks like me as a die hard Trumpeter would treat a Muslim.
    yea the country is so left...

https://www.politicalcompass.org/uselection2016

if you bothered to read my first link, you would see that while not being *entirely* successful in their goals, the texas board of education can and has influenced early education across the country. their more egegrious attempts were, fortunately, pushed back.

yea the country is so left...

if you bothered to read my first link, you would see that while not being *entirely* successful in their goals, the texas board of education can and has influenced early education across the country. their more egegrious attempts were, fortunately, pushed back.
    This thread is mocking folks who took "offense" to Amy's skit. Yet we take the idea that saying merry Christmas as an insult so serious we changed it to happy holidays. Women of the year was once a man...seems like we are very progressive.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Why is a woman who raped a man and has joked about it chastising someone about joking about sexual assault that is less than rape?

Am I going deaf? I tried hitting up some of her works on Youtube, and I can't comprehend it
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    This thread is mocking folks who took "offense" to Amy's skit. Yet we take the idea that saying merry Christmas as an insult so serious we changed it to happy holidays. Women of the year was once a man...seems like we are very progressive.
    you could make the argument, but all people are really doing is try to adhere more closely to the principles that founded the country in the first place.

in any case, oversentitiveness doesnt seem confined to the left at all (never has been really). nobody wants to hear those with different opinions or indeed seems capable of fact based, impersonal political discussion anymore. (I amit to being guilty of jumping the gun on occassion).
    but i think that is really a symptom of a problem in society as a whole, where people do not stop and consider things. its all about the latest scandal or tweet or cute meme or 2 minute youtube video of being told what to think. and thinking and logic are (to the delight of certain people) not emphasized in education anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Circle-jerking with this amount of saltiness is painful for your genitals, I highly recommend against it.

Whether you agree or disagree with her style of comedy, the fact still remains that a lot of people find her funny to the point she is performing in sold out large venues. She's made a successful comedy movie as well if I recall, though I haven't seen it yet.

But I'm sure discussing how unfunny she is and patting yourselves on the back for noticing her political affiliation/weight/(insert something to be outraged about here), is going to make tremendous amounts of difference and teach her a lesson .
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

that is because, again, they are indoctrinated into right wing thinking at a young age, via school and their parents. so there is a significant difference in what they are taught in college vs the right wing ideology taught ib gradeschool. like evolution, basic history (evolution and the crusades are apparently "leftist lies"), critical thinking etc.
    Listen, I went to college and loved it, but to think you're not being indoctrinated at a university is very ignorant. I don't know what specifically you mean by "right wing ideology taught in gradeschool". Maybe my public schools were different than yours, but teachers made it a point to keep religion and bias out of evolution and history. There was certainly a patriotic bias in US history, but it was neither 'left' nor 'right'. College, on the other hand, was the most brain-washed I have even been haha. I'm smart enough to research both sides of the story, but I can tell you there are a lot of collegiate students who hear professors' words as the ultimate beacon of truth. Ironically, a professor's textbook has become the bible of the college graduate.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    Nah. Anyone who 'supports' him, for any reason at all, is clearly and irrevocably suffering from at least one major mental illness.
    Not sure if joke or serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Pence View Post
    Listen, I went to college and loved it, but to think you're not being indoctrinated at a university is very ignorant. I don't know what specifically you mean by "right wing ideology taught in gradeschool". Maybe my public schools were different than yours, but teachers made it a point to keep religion and bias out of evolution and history. There was certainly a patriotic bias in US history, but it was neither 'left' nor 'right'. College, on the other hand, was the most brain-washed I have even been haha. I'm smart enough to research both sides of the story, but I can tell you there are a lot of collegiate students who hear professors' words as the ultimate beacon of truth. Ironically, a professor's textbook has become the bible of the college graduate.
    i guess i'll have to link this again;
    http://www.nybooks.com/articles/2012...xtbooks-on-us/

and you are correct that some students swallow professors words whole; this is a product of their earlier education, and some are just easily dazzled by new ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    Not sure if joke or serious.
    Dead serious.

Even if you hate Clinton, you have to be seriously mentally ill to support anything Trump stands for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    Dead serious.

Even if you hate Clinton, you have to be seriously mentally ill to support anything Trump stands for.
    You can't be for real.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Nah, if your not voting you're a retard. At least the people voting are willing to do something rather than watch the drool slip from their chin.
    Candidate A is a misogynistic, dimwitted braindead imbecile, frankly the dumbest person I have ever come across, with multiple lawsuits for litigation, fraud, breach of contracts, illegal contracts, defamation, assault and rape accusations, was forced into numerous bankruptcy filings because he's incapable of running a legit profitable business, and this all is likely not the worst of it all.

Candidate B has notoriously mishandled SENSITIVE information, abuse of power, warmongering, WAR CRIMES, CORRUPTION of THE absolute HIGHEST degree and again, that is likely not even half of it.

And you're saying not voting is being a retard? I mean Americans had other choices and they messed it up. Not only for America but for the entire world. Presently in America live the singularly DUMBEST people on Earth. Those people are the reason the names Trump and Clinton are currently famous.

They have done inexcusably horrible things that nobody would've known about and that might have been for the better. At least Obama did something for America, something good. Trump thinks the unemployment rate in America is 42%. 136.5 million Americans are unemployed, sounds legit. If that were the case the country would implode.

The fish rots from the head. If your president stinks your country will start to smell very soon. The only thing this presidential election will do for America is undo all the good Obama did and further increase the crime rates. You think the Mexican drug lords are simply gonna sit there and wait for Trump to "build a wall"? HA! Good luck.

More than half of your country isn't even of "American" descent. You have so many immigrants that Trump allegedly wants to get rid of that if he inexplicably somehow manages to do so there'd be literally no one capable of coherent thought left in there.

That election is farcical at the very least. If you're smart you're not going to vote for either of them.

Quote Originally Posted by sciarc View Post
    I'd bet just about anything that the people walking out of the show are "anti-PC" types who can't take their views being challenged. Also, what part of "orange, sexual-assaulting, fake college starting monster" is not true?
    Views being challenged? Like getting security to bounce anyone you don't agree with? Who doesn't like your jokes? Hahahahaah

Deleted
    When i go see a movie or a comedy show or play a game. I'm going there to relax and pretty much forget the rest of the world.

At least the cast of the avengers made a youtube vid and didn't lecture me during the movie. If i really want to feel guilty or have someone patronize me i'd stop and listen to those people on the street trying to sign you up to a charity.

She took the audience money based on her entertaining them and not lecturing them.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Even though Amy Schumer's 'comedy' is literally verbal refuse, I love the Trumplings running to their safe spaces.

Off topic though, I wish George Carlin was still around to make a fortune off of this joke of an election.
    Last edited by Putin-Chan; 2016-10-19 at 01:05 AM.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

10+ Year Old Account
    When telling controversy jokes you need to know your crowd. Ashame "anti-pc" people chose to be be offended and can't take a joke.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Schumer has a lot of class and it's all low lol. I don't even care that she made a joke on Trump, the chick is setting females in comedy back about 50 years.