Quote Originally Posted by Marakesh View Post
    Rift did some of those same things in its marketing to try and grab a niche, and yet because it was successful, it hardly gets mentioned. Rarely do I hear about the long line of casual mmo's that have failed, and that's a long list now. Just saying, the fact that this argument keeps going around Wildstar tells me which side is more obsessed. As for Wildstar being heavily marketed? I mean there are quite a few mmo's that had actual TV time. Do you think anyone not into mmo's heard much about Wildstar? It got talked up here and other sites mostly dedicated to mmo's.

And yeah, after all these years, trying to reinterpret CoH closing as the fault of Wildstar is hilarious.

edit - And here's another thing, if there are only a few thousand people playing Wildstar, that might be more than are in this thread still crying about it years later. Most of you don't even see much potential in what it did have, which is about all I got out of it, but its funny that there's one thread on a mmo site with thousands of them, and yet you're all running into this one and getting all worked up 2 years later.
    Honestly like I said on the CoH part I have no idea dude. And yeah there are other MMO's that are essentially going the same way. Rift is going downhill now for example but let's not get into that. I'm not saying Carbine and Wildstar deserve to go downhill just that the game could have been handled way better.

Deleted

19th October - 1st November

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The bolded doesn't say much when there is barely any top MMO's in the first place.

The list mainly is (not in any order)
    1) WoW
    2) FFXIV
    3) Runescape
    4) BDO
    5) Guild Wars 2

and that's really it, saying its in a list that's stupid short isn't something to brag about. Wildstar was not and has not ever been the top of anything. As much as I hate Trion Worlds I would even rank it behind Rift and Defiance. That list gets even longer once you start adding MMO's like EQ1&2 to it. Wild Star is way down on that list and it sits behind Rift IMO.

NCsoft/Carbine handled Wildstar poorly at release and when it went f2p. They didn't lissen to feedback and tried to make (A hardcore MMO for the hardcore player) not realizing they are 11 years late if not longer.

I get it you like the game and that's fine, there is aspects of it I like as well. But don't blind defend it or blind praise it.
    Lol, okay, just stop

Quit speaking objectively, that list is your opinion just as much as my list would be mine.

I did not say it was doing well

I said in terms of quality, I said it was in the top 10 or 5 themepark mmorpgs today

I then said: IMO as in, my opinion. I also don't blind defend it, I haven't "defended" anything to a major extent in the last few days, I asked why it gets so much more hate than other mmorpgs, and even agreed with how shitty it's managed. How is that "blind defending"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Having make believe categories that only apply to how you view something doesn't really contribute to a great narrative. 3 feature patch: Most Important Patch of All of MMOs. Game that failed harder than any other MMO in the last decade: Top 5 MMORPG of all time.

I flipping love Wildstar and wish it had taken off, because now it's never getting content and won't even match LotRO's output. This makes me sad, but I'm not going to stick my head in the sand and have a conversation with myself about how it's really something amazing and everyone else is just crazy for not thinking the same.
    WHy do two people now think I said it's really amazing and others are crazy

I just said that it was in the top 5 thempark mmorpgs

I
    M
    O
    That means, it is in MY top 5 themepark mmorpgs. I'm speaking subjectively, unlike so many others on this website, I don't believe my thoughts or opinions are set in stone facts.
    Last edited by ryanmahaffe; 2016-10-19 at 04:22 AM.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Lol, okay, just shutup

And I said saying its in the top 10 or 5 themepark MMORPG's is a bullshit statement. Even more so when there is less then 10 themepark MMORPG's. You can't something is in the top 10 when there is only 10. There is nothing of quality about Wildstar and it has been handled piss poor.

We know you said IMO and we find that opinion to be stupid since there is less then 10 MMO's that fit that list.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-10-19 at 04:40 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Someone is salty.

And I said saying its in the top 10 or 5 themepark MMORPG's is a bullshit statement. Even more so when there is less then 10 themepark MMORPG's. You can't something is in the top 10 when there is only 10. There is nothing of quality about Wildstar and it has been handled piss poor.

We know you said IMO and we find that opinion to be stupid since there is less then 10 MMO's that fit that list.
    I disagree, there are tons of themepark mmos, older ones as well. Again, you shouldn't treat your opinion as objective fact, it's not, BDO went to shit way faster than Wildstar in the eyes of many people, I wouldn't know, I only played it for a week.

I also edited the shutup thing because I shouldn't read forums when I just wake up :/
    Diablo Bore.

I disagree, there are tons of themepark mmos, older ones as well. Again, you shouldn't treat your opinion as objective fact, it's not, BDO went to shit way faster than Wildstar in the eyes of many people, I wouldn't know, I only played it for a week.

I also edited the shutup thing because I shouldn't read forums when I just wake up :/
    You feel how you feel.

You originally came off like you was blind defending the game. If that was not the case then I admit fault and say sorry.

In my opinion its not in any list because there is a ocean full of MMO's that is better. But hey like I said you feel how you feel and I may have taken the comment the wrong way.

(Edited out the salty part)
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

I hate to point this out, but being a "top 10" game in a category that lists about 12 total entries even worth mentioning in the entire genre (everything else falling under that category being pretty well stillborn so they don't count) is not exactly "glowing praise".

That's literally the equivalent of being proud that you came in 8th place in a race with 10 people......... never mind the fact that the guys who placed first, second and third all whooped your ass by a country mile.........

- - - Updated - - -

I disagree, there are tons of themepark mmos, older ones as well.
    Name 10. Anything that didnt last longer then 2 years doesnt count. Go ahead, i will wait. (and no, glorified browser games dont count either).
    Last edited by Surfd; 2016-10-19 at 05:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Name 10. Anything that didnt last longer then 2 years doesnt count. Go ahead, i will wait. (and no, glorified browser games dont count either).
    Older than WildStar?

DCUO
    LOTRO
    DDO
    EQ2
    WoW
    Rift
    SWTOR
    GW2
    Aion
    Age of Conan

I could list some more if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    Links aren't working, servers not found.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    I love how you say this just to try to not count Runescape.

Runescape is still a active MMO and has a decent size player base. I think edges post summed it all up quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Older than WildStar?

DCUO
    LOTRO
    DDO
    EQ2
    WoW
    Rift
    SWTOR
    GW2
    Aion
    Age of Conan

I could list some more if you want.
    Runes of Magic
    Allods Online
    Perfect World (I think)
    BnS
    ESO
    FFXIV
    Tera
    Revelation
    Defiance
    Destiny (I call it one)
    Devilian
    Archeage
    Diablo Bore.

I don't consider Devilian to really be an MMO, I mean it's more of a Diablo style game imo.

Also Aion was successful for more than a year? Damn

Also no mention of the Original Guildwars which was far better than GW2 IMO :C

To be fair, I don't want to admit Runescape is still around, that game sucked way to much time out of my life and now it's trying to do some weird MMO actionbar thing that seems poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    I don't consider Devilian to really be an MMO, I mean it's more of a Diablo style game imo.

Also Aion was successful for more than a year? Damn

Also no mention of the Original Guildwars which was far better than GW2 IMO :C

To be fair, I don't want to admit Runescape is still around, that game sucked way to much time out of my life and now it's trying to do some weird MMO actionbar thing that seems poor.
    Devilian is a MMO with all elements of one, just a MMOARPG and even Trion has labled it as one.

The Runescape action bar thing isn't too bad once you get use to it. You can have it setup to auto do ur basic ability's as well and you can play just fine that way. It is odd but easy to get use to.

I haven't delved into Devilian since Alpha/Beta as I lost interest in it pretty quickly, good to know though.

Runescape with an actionbar just feels weird though. I mean I've been playing it since it came out so after so many years of being use to one thing having it suddenly changed feels wrong.

As for Wildstar itself, does anyone here still actually play it?

I haven't delved into Devilian since Alpha/Beta as I lost interest in it pretty quickly, good to know though.

Runescape with an actionbar just feels weird though. I mean I've been playing it since it came out so after so many years of being use to one thing having it suddenly changed feels wrong.

As for Wildstar itself, does anyone here still actually play it?
    Ya the Runescape action bar felt odd at first for me as well. Been playing RS since RS1 but mostly since RS2007. But now when I go back to it I kinda dig it. Also may depend the style you play on how quick you get use to it.

Melee IMO is the most easy.....

Thx DJriff now I want to go play Runescape again lol.

As for people playing Wildstar, barely anyone does.

Melee has always been the easiest IMO.

But we're getting wayyyyy off topic here.

I didn't think anyone played anymore :/

Melee has always been the easiest IMO.

But we're getting wayyyyy off topic here.

I didn't think anyone played anymore :/
    Ya a super small amount do, IMO ill be impressed if a year from now Wildstar is still going.

DCUO - actually quite good and fun. Enjoyed it much. Dunno how populeted its now. F2P
    LOTRO - havent tried it.
    DDO - havent tried it yet.
    EQ2 - Beggining of my "drug adict" life. B2P with some paid options endgame.
    WoW - actual drug im addicted to. Not much to say about it, its almost text book knowledge now days. P2P, montly sub.
    Rift - WoW clone done right and even in some segments a bit better. Excellent game, dunno about population now. But i think it has its niche fans. F2P
    SWTOR - mixed feeling here. Such potential, semi poor deliverance. Graph quality is good, but overall design and actual gameplay not so much. Paid content here too. F2P with big limitations. Count it as P2P for full experience
    GW2 - hate to admit it.. but its actually a good game. Really good game. Community is good, helpfull and friendly overal. Grap is beautiful, but Development team tends to slack a bit more than usual, poorly interact with playerbase and, worst of all, promise su much, deliver not even half of it. B2P
    Aion - enjoyed it much. New Aion even has mecha robot class. Enjoying part of the game thats a bit anime-sh. F2P
    Age of Conan - havent tied it. Not my slice of the cake.
    Runes of Magic - Oldish game with now far outdated graph. F2P
    Allods Online - one of best wow copies that i saw around. F2P
    Perfect World - Modern world apocaliptic settings, real weapons like AK40, M4s, M16, shootguns, hammers, swords combined with elements. Loved the game and comunity was good back then. Havent checked it recently, but i can recommend it bigtime. B2P with paid content ingame.
    BnS - Specific character design, specially female, ideology "less armor is more armor" flashy attacks and overall anime feel? Sign me UP! F2P
    ESO - Havent tried it yet.
    FFXIV - One of the best mmos in my oppinion, ability to have ALL classes and ALL professions on one character allows you to put everything in it and feel as your avatar in game. B2P with P2P
    Tera - Similary to BnS, less armor is more armor, big guns, loli shadow assassins and rocket launcers? F2P
    Revelation - Havent tied it yet.
    Defiance - Enjoyed it much on its release. Post apocalyptic. Game was following the TV series back then. Controls felt a bit crude and untuned, but overall good feel. F2P with option for minor boost packs for QoL while leveling.
    Destiny (I call it one)
    Devilian - a lot looking like Aion. So if you like one, youll like another. F2P
    Archeage - Loved it. F2P

I can also add to the list:
    Firefall - 3rd person post apocalyptic shooter with powersuites. F2P
    The Division - my personal fav beside WoW. Havent had chance to play anything like it so far. Highly recommended. Personally i world switch my WoW drug addiction to Division long time ago, but sadly i have really bad case of motion sickness so i cant play it longer than half an hour.
    Beside that, its one of the best games that iwe played. B2P
    BDO - Dunno whats happening with it currently, i see A LOT of popular streamers leaving it and a lot of fight community vs Devs. B2P
    Neverwinter - excellent game. Too much of a paid content, atleast for me, to be a dedicated player. F2P with paid content like classes, stories and races.
    Riders Of Icarus - Look at Aion.
    Skyforge - Fairly new MMO with beautiful graph and good gameplay. As lifelong melee only player, I would put some time in it IF there was a melee DW class, sadly there isnt so im passing it just because of that. Otherwise, highly recommend. F2P
    Last edited by Gurg; 2016-10-19 at 05:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    It's not nerfed unless it's live.

Yeah, we're definitely getting a bit too off-topic now (myself included). Let's keep discussion on WildStar, please.