Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I die far less than other players. This is only a problem for idiots. I had the fewest deaths on our mythic nyth progression.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

I don't really get where this raging berserker class fantasy came from about Fury. I usually associated that with only Troll/Orc Warriors. MoP Fury felt more tactical and I liked it a lot.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    It is more of an issue for your group than for you. You see, in dungeons and raids, your healer is the one picking up the slack from the increased damage that you take over raid/party wide damage. When you're soloing, your own issue is self-healing compared to taking more damage.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    It's really noticeable in PVP were you can't learn to avoid standing in the fire or dodging that cleave, in PVE you are generally not supposed to get hit as a DPSer, and during raid-wide unavoidable dmg you have major healing cooldowns being used pre-emptively.

In PVP however you go out-of-commision too easy, sometimes you are near-dead just from splash dmg alone because that 30% increase affects all enemies, you'd need something like "your hp is increased by X% for every enemy attacking you" in order to for the whole concept to be fair in PVP.

It just got nerfed on PTR from 30 to 20%, with warpaint its only 15% increased DMG taken.

Deleted
    They should just add a perk like rogues (I think?) had in the past where they received extra healing from any healing source.

Just add something like that to fury and it will be easier to heal fury warriors.

Blizzard reiterated themselves when they said they intend to fix fury by saying they still want fury to sacrifice defense.

Dont count on this getting much better.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Deleted
    Fury is in a pretty good spot for pve. Yeah it does take more damage, but got some self healing to help out on that issue. Really good at trash mobs because of ww+ rampage or BT, which can create insane high cleave dps.
    Single target is also pretty good, nothing to really complain about.
    Reason why I don't play fury is mainly pvp. Imagine getting trained in arena when taking 30% more damage ?
    Yes I have done some random bgs as fury (without anything but 1-2 traits) and it does make insane damage - topping the meter and stuff. Problem is that its cleave damage (most of it) and it don't secure important kills in the same way as arms.
    Fury is fun and great for pve. Pvp and AP is the real problem for me.
    I focus on 1 artifact, and arms are more versatile (and I enjoy the spec 1% more than fury) which is why I don't play fury that much.

Get the leg cape, then you won't need more healing

The overall laziness of Blizzard on the Fury Warrior front is astounding.

Quote Originally Posted by Novoal7 View Post
    The overall laziness of Blizzard on the Fury Warrior front is astounding.
    These are the devs who recently said they dont wish to buff frost to much elsewise fire mages will feel betrayed.

Who stated Nighthold is meant to be done with legends, and in the same interview said many wont have a legend by nighthold.

A company who insists that the bad legends are good and players are just dumb.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRonin00 View Post
    Mythic ursoc you become a liability to get one shot only because of this.
    That is not true, done over 80 pulls on mythic ursoc not onehit by it a single time

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    Or a reverse form of stagger, the extra damage you take is also applied as a dot to the enemy because you're so angry about it hitting you you fight back.

'Class fantasy'.
    This is probably the most entertaining use for the damage taken I've seen someone mention so far. +1 where to I sign a petition for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fury's overall defensive design is terrible. Losing DbtS and enraged regen being overall terrible now coupled with the obnoxious amount of extra damage fury takes makes it bad for both pve and pvp (not to mention the dps just isn't there).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    Fury is in a pretty good spot for pve. Yeah it does take more damage, but got some self healing to help out on that issue. Really good at trash mobs because of ww+ rampage or BT, which can create insane high cleave dps.
    Single target is also pretty good, nothing to really complain about.
    Reason why I don't play fury is mainly pvp. Imagine getting trained in arena when taking 30% more damage ?
    Yes I have done some random bgs as fury (without anything but 1-2 traits) and it does make insane damage - topping the meter and stuff. Problem is that its cleave damage (most of it) and it don't secure important kills in the same way as arms.
    Fury is fun and great for pve. Pvp and AP is the real problem for me.
    I focus on 1 artifact, and arms are more versatile (and I enjoy the spec 1% more than fury) which is why I don't play fury that much.
    Literally everything you said is false.

Fury does Jackshit cleave Damage and Jackshit Single target Damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the Problems and How I would fix Fury.

>Remove Furious Slash, It's useless replace it with Fustration: Every time Bloodthrist fails to critically strike, gain a stack of Fustration, increasing Bloodthrists critical strike by 33%, Stacks 3 times. Rampage gives you a stack of Fustration when it's enrage ends.

>Enrage causes you to take 20% increased damage but gain 10% Leech.

>Enraged Renegeration: Clears CC as well as it's use now.

>Defensive Stance: Because Screw you Blizzard, we need it too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post

>Defensive Stance: Because Screw you Blizzard, we need it too.
    I would make the argument this should be baseline for arms and fury. I hate being a situation where my raid is having issues mid fight, the healers are struggling, and i die to unavoidable mechanics due to lack of personal survivability.....when our other melee counterparts have far stronger personal defensive abilitys which happen to also have shorter CDs. Not to mention, in PvP both Arms and Fury (but especially fury) have a known weakness with lack of personal survivability. Opening up another talent in PvP, while granting better PvE survivability would be a huge asset to our class atm.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Yep. And it is a liability in raiding, just a smaller one.

Fury certainly doesn't deal more damage than other specs to compensate for taking more damage. It can't, or raids would stack Fury.

That's why I suggested changing the enrage drawback from % damage taken to disabling dodge and parry combined with more self-healing when you do get hit by melee. This would essentially remove the drawback entirely in raiding, and compensate for it when solo and PvP, while maintaining the spec fantasy of a berserk warrior shrugging off wounds.
    Not being able to parry and dodge would make so much more sense than taking additional damage, even and especially for class fantasy. When you picture a raging berserker, like a bloodthirsty viking with 2 huge battleaxes, you don't picture him getting hurt a lot, especially not getting hurt more than his companions in the same armor. Actually normally berserkers take LESS damage while enraged, or at least shrug it off until later.

Also you certainly don't expect that Fantasy Berserker to parry and dodge blows like a swordsmasters.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by MexicanGolf View Post
    This is the misconception he's referring to.

During Enrage I've got 3 million health (Battle Scars ahoy!), which means it takes a 2.5 million hit to kill me if I have Enrage up. There isn't a single guild member, except our tanks, that has over 2.5 million health unbuffed right now. What this means is that, on Mythic Ursoc, if I die to a legitimate "one-shot" so does anybody else taking that same damage.

Enrage is a potential problems if you're not being topped enough quick enough and for that reason I do believe Warriors should get slightly more healing received (would also buff Bloodthirst healing, slightly) when Enraged. This would lower the cost of having a Fury Warrior in the raid, and would help with some of the sustain issues experienced by Fury Warriors in solo content.

There is a potential problem to be had with our defensive cooldowns, but I personally think Enraged Regeneration is pretty strong for a personal.

EDIT: Should add that even without Battle Scars an enraged Fury Warrior still has higher effective health (assuming Warpaint, without it is about equal) than most. Warriors have roughly 30% more health than anybody else and there's no funny interaction (that I've seen anyway) that makes Fury squisher. The one problem with Enrage is not that we get oneshot, is that we need more healing (the "cost" of a Fury Warrior I mentioned above) and it's a pretty small one.
    I couldn't have said it better myself. Enraged Regeneration is a really good personal CD especially on a fight like Ursoc. On most fights I'm usually the last man standing because of how much I can heal myself, although I don't run with Warpaint as I prefer avoiding taking damage rather than taking less of it( *cough* Furious Charge for mythic Ursoc *cough*)

I wouldn't mind if there was a sort of shittier version of Die by the Sword as that would help on fights like Elerethe, where you might be out of healing range/you can't heal yourself via any means as there's nothing in melee range to attack.

I suggest ability called "Edgelord" - Fury Warrior cuts himself in anger and frustration of doing worse than Arms, releasing endorphins, reducing damage taken by 30% and healing 30% of his max health over 8 seconds.

I recall that since fury warrior's took an extra 30% damage when enraged, their health was increased to compensate for that effect, is this true? Is that compensation a 30% health increase? Since the enrage debuff is being decreased to 20% extra damage taken when enraged, is their health going to be reduced by an equivalent amount now?

I also see absolutely 0 point in making them take increased damage if you are going to compensate them with extra health.....What's the point.....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by figglesfiggles View Post
    I recall that since fury warrior's took an extra 30% damage when enraged, their health was increased to compensate for that effect, is this true? Is that compensation a 30% health increase? Since the enrage debuff is being decreased to 20% extra damage taken when enraged, is their health going to be reduced by an equivalent amount now?

I also see absolutely 0 point in making them take increased damage if you are going to compensate them with extra health.....What's the point.....
    Enrage is not a problem when it comes to effective health. People like to whinge about getting one-shot because of it and that's just not true; A Fury Warrior with Warpaint has higher effective health than any other DPSer at the same itemlevel.

It still has a potential problem but it's one of sustain. Since we take more damage we also need to be healed more, although we're one of the few classes with True Passive self-healing so I don't know how that actually evens out.

As for the Patch I haven't heard anything about an equalization nerf, so don't think it's happening.