10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Money Power=Washington power which is our biggest problem with our government when lobbyist are everywhere and donations can influence someones vote in congress.
    Lobbyists like Donald Trump? You do know he brags about being a lobbyist, right? You do know he's lobbied so hard he broke the law, multiple times, right?

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Finally, an October surprise with some potential:
    Donald Trump is bringing Obama's estranged half brother to final debate.

Trump is really going to put Obama in his place with this move.
    Yeah, one of the Central Park Five wants to go to the debate as Hillary's guest.

Quote Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
    Right, and I got that. I was more responding to the end of your post about still voting 3rd party or doing a write-in. You're certainly free to do whatever you want, but my argument is that it won't make a difference if you do. A more powerful message will be to ensure Hillary wins and solidly denounce all of the absolute batshit crazy on the right. At this point it's not so much a vote for Hillary over Trump, but a vote for decency, respectability, and at least more morality than the other side is capable of.

Beyond that, I completely agree with your general premise that we need to re-build our democracy. Both democrats and republicans have the same issues when it comes to their corruption, they just show it in different ways with the different things that they support. We also need to firebomb people's notions of the two party system and get them to realize that it's not a Red Team vs. Blue Team but a complex series of policies and decisions that have actual effects and ramifications on the future of the world. We need different voices for that to happen, though. Bernie was a good start. Lets see if we can continue that trend.
    Ok, I gotcha. I should have been a little more clear that for me its less "My vote will make a difference!" than "I don't know what else to do." As I mentioned in a following post, if the race is close my vote will likely go to Clinton. I am certainly not a fan of her, but given that its realistically Clinton or Trump, Clinton is the basket I'd want my eggs in.

I believe I mentioned earlier in this thread that I feel Bernie got a raw draw, he was the right candidate/wrong election. Even before the primaries got going I just got the sense that it was always going to be Clinton. This is HER election and she WILL be the first woman president and that's FINAL. Bernie simply got in the way of the Clinton Political Machine. That he hung on as long as he did is impressive on its own, its just irritating that he was treated (outside his supporters) largely as a road obstruction than a contributor to political dialogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Always do... just not for one of the main parties this time around. Can't really get behind either, though I hope Hillary wins.

I'm in the same boat. Except i know my state would vote for trump. kinda wish i was back in Michigan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    It'll make Hillary SO NERVOUS and UNCOMFORTABLE that she'll bomb the debate. It'll be MUCH worse than Bill's accusers sitting there.
    I still do not get what the point of bringings Bill's accusers is, what do they have to do with Clinton's views?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Lobbyists like Donald Trump? You do know he brags about being a lobbyist, right? You do know he's lobbied so hard he broke the law, multiple times, right?

So you are making my point?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    I still do not get what the point of bringings Bill's accusers is, what do they have to do with Clinton's views?
    They don't, it was just supposed to make her nervous. Trump doesn't have any actual way of winning a debate against her, so he has to do stunts like this.

It's the equivalent of making funny faces at someone you're in a staring contest with, or the people who jump up and down and sporting events thinking that it will make the opponent miss.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you are making my point?
    Uh. sure. Why not.

7+ Year Old Account
    All it does for me is calls into question the quality of Trump's staff. These ridiculous tactics are the best they can come up with? Definitely not a group worth my vote.

I think its because she treated them as if they were the bad guys instead of victims which is against the ways of SJW in today's society.

10+ Year Old Account

No way Obama's gonna win this election now!
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Well, it probably isn't doing him any favors with women, but it might appeal to some of his voters who believe that it's the wife's responsibility to make sure her husband never wants to cheat in the first place. Note that they do not share the same view about a husband being responsible for his wife's indiscretions.

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    Well, it probably isn't doing him any favors with women, but it might appeal to some of his voters who believe that it's the wife's responsibility to make sure her husband never wants to cheat in the first place. Note that they do not share the same view about a husband being responsible for his wife's indiscretions.
    Yeah, but those are the people I mentioned earlier who will support him no matter what...so ultimately it's a pointless tactic. Hillary certainly didn't seem too phased by it, probably in part because, oh I don't know, she's been dealing with it already for nearly 20 years?

The real reason is simple: Trump is all about glitz, glitter and showmanship. He's about the "gotcha" moments and the smoke and mirrors that he hopes will keep everyone distracted from the fact that he has NO idea what he's doing.

He called Trump 'humble'.
    Trump is many things, but I'd yet to see even the most die-hard Trump supporter willing to go with 'humble'.
    Last edited by Enthusiastic Steward; 2016-10-19 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    No, no. You got it all wrong. It's only bad, really bad when someone else does it.
    When Trump does it he does it "bigly". He has the best lobby... lobbyling? Lobbylisting? He went to the best schools!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Because there isn't a candidate for sane, remotely intelligent people? They all lost in the primaries.
    Because there is - you just haven't been paying attention. Hillary is the only Presidential candidate on the ticket - the other one is a charlitain.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    The real reason is simple: Trump is all about glitz, glitter and showmanship. He's about the "gotcha" moments and the smoke and mirrors that he hopes will keep everyone distracted from the fact that he has NO idea what he's doing.
    So he's Mr. Satan without the redemption arc at the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    So he's Mr. Satan without the redemption arc at the end.
    Mr Satan was a very accomplished martial artist for a normal human. Takes alot of work to become king of the normal people even in DBZ

Trump is the adult version of Montana Max from Tiny Toons

10+ Year Old Account
    I think its because she treated them as if they were the bad guys instead of victims which is against the ways of SJW in today's society.
    No, she didn't. One of the accusers even described how overly nice she was, to imply Hillary was a willing participant. The biggest thing they bring up in how Hillary admonished them, was from her friend's private letters, released after her friend's death. Hillary did not publicly do what you are accusing her of. But.....

Here is Trump calling Paula Jones a loser and a liar on national television:

https://youtu.be/DPGTrPjkM8w
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    the poor and middle class. i shouldn't need to explain to you why. congress is corrupt as is the senate.
    You should need to explain to me. You can't make a blanket statement, pointing to an overarching institution as failing, and then follow it up with the time tested explanation of: Well, just look.

Yes, things are difficult for many people right now. They've been worse. 175 years ago we had slavery in this country. Now, a person who was considered 3/5ths of an individual by the Founding Fathers is President of the United States. We've moved so far in so many directions I don't think many of you realize how bad it was only 50 years ago in this country.

Yes, this is a low point in the last decade, largely caused by the Finance Sector tanking the whole fucking economy because they were incredibly greedy and incredibly dangerous. That is not a failure of democracy as a whole though.