Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    It's cosmetic. It doesn't hinder your (limited) gameplay in any way.
    It does. Want the world boss artefact appearance?
    Fuck you, scrub, only raiders deserve that.

Want the Glory dungeon artefact appearance?

Those non-raiding appearances shouldn't be locked behind raiding.
    Best way would be for the questchain to be doable in LFR, but for the first appearance to drop off normal or higher Gul'dan for players who'd already done the questchain.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Rewards, for accomplishing somewhat difficult feats....astounding (/end sarcasm).

Sorry OP, for some reason Blizzard thinks it makes perfect sense to unlock and finish all of the color variants before you can even get the base one. Logically speaking it doesn't make sense, and for a group of devs that spend so much time about rewards feeling awesome! When it comes to legendaries, it apparently doesn't apply the same logic to weapon skins.

Quote Originally Posted by Donze View Post
    Mythic +15
    Legion hero

And we cant get skins after questline to the nighthold?

Abit salty tbh
    It's a bit silly to gate dungeon content behind raids, I agree.
    Not sure what they were thinking here.

7+ Year Old Account
    Mythic +15
    Legion hero

Abit salty tbh
    Oh no! God forbid we can't get access to everything in an entire expansion IN THE FIRST PATCH. You'll live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Its the great american way of looking at stuff. You maybe don't know why you want or need it, but you know you want it NOW!
    If you're going to bash 'Murica, you shouldn't make a claim that's more in tune with whatever Eurotrash welfare state you come from.

Deleted
    Play the game, achieve stuff and shut the fuck up kid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    It does. Want the world boss artefact appearance?

Want the Glory dungeon artefact appearance?

Those non-raiding appearances shouldn't be locked behind raiding.
    Best way would be for the questchain to be doable in LFR, but for the first appearance to drop off normal or higher Gul'dan for players who'd already done the questchain.
    Or just do the damn normal raid if you want the appearance. It's like asking for a Gladiator title from doing skirmishes.

People please read and comprehend. The OP is not complaining that anything is too challenging, the OP is simply stating that it is BS that he has earned the color variants in the Balance of Power row and can't use them for months because it can't completed yet.

If you don't know it can't be completed till after Nighthold, which isn't even released yet, and will be easier to do than the color variants they have already earned.

The complaint isn't that something is to challenging, the complaint is they can't use a reward that they have earned. It really isn't that difficult to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    And I guess the extra appearance that has been datamined since forever will require the 7.2 raid. Essentially the Valorous appearance takes place of weapon models for the Nighthold raid.
    Sad part is I have terrible luck with those essences
    Terrible time? ... I have zero chance... I don't have a dedicated uninterruptible set of time ever in my week. I play when I can, as long as I can, and if I have to get up, I have to get up, and attend to what I have to attend to.

This basically means, regardless of my skill level or wish to obtain such an appearance, it will forever be out of my reach. 30-40 min in a Mythic dungeon I can do with group finder. But Raids, other than LFR take dedicate periods of time, I can hop into a pug from group finder, but the next time I pick it up, I have to start over. so 30-40 min in, If I have to leave, next time I start over. I never get to the end. On top of this, peoples reluctance to take anyone whos time commitment changes so frequently, gives me no ability to get into Guild Groups. And even if I did, they'd be finished with it if I had to afk, they would kick me, and id end up not getting it done anyways. ... Basically not being able to complete this optional thing in LFR, which is ALL I HAVE in this game, is the optional shit. Im already stuck at 850 for basically ever. ... so the only stupid shit I have left keeping me playing is the optional graphics ... and I cant get it. Because "they wanted to keep it in line with the difficulty of Mythic-1" ... (Which is a 30-40min event, not a 3-4 hour event) ...

In before every f*cking raider in existance jumps down my throat for "f*ck you, you don't deserve it then" ... I dont need to hear it, honestly, this sh*t sucks enough as it is. I dont need some elite f*cks telling me I dont deserve things.
    Last edited by Concequence; 2016-10-20 at 10:39 PM.
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Actually - given some of the achievements like doing a Mythic+15 - it's more like qualifying for Gladiator and then the game telling you to go clear Nighthold before you can get the title.

It would just be really weird and unwieldy and not make a lot of sense.
    The more I think about it, the worst this seems to me, particularly in OP's case.

Mythic + doesn't scale with gear, so the further we are in the expansion, the easier it will become to reach Mythic 15, because the average gear inflates and the relative difficulty of this mode decreases.

This is not just any reward, it's a time-sensitive status symbol. The earlier you get it, the bigger the challenge, and the more special you'll look. At this point, I believe only mythic players would have the gear and/or skill to beat a level 15 dungeon. Very few people would have it, and they'd get a real chance to stand out, while the release of Nighthold will already make it slightly easier. By the time Legion's second and third tier arrive, any decent player interested enough to go for it will probably have access to Mythic 15.

The OP and others like him are robbed of the few months when showing off the Mythic 15 reward would be worth the most. Shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    The more I think about it, the worst this seems to me, particularly in OP's case.

Mythic + doesn't scale with gear, so the further we are in the expansion, the easier it will become to reach Mythic 15, because the average gear inflates and the relative difficulty of this mode decreases.

This is not just any reward, it's a time-sensitive status symbol. The earlier you get it, the bigger the challenge, and the more special you'll look. At this point, I believe only mythic players would have the gear and/or skill to beat a level 15 dungeon. Very few people would have it, and they'd get a real chance to stand out, while the release of Nighthold will already make it slightly easier. By the time Legion's second and third tier arrive, any decent player interested enough to go for it will probably have access to Mythic 15.

The OP and others like him are robbed of the few months when showing off the Mythic 15 reward would be worth the most. Shame.
    Not to mention the time and effort into getting it and then finding out afterwards that you can't use it. It's kind of like Balance of Power itself, nothing there told you it had to be done on normal and above so people just assumed it could be done on LFR. Nothing in the Artifact system really tells you that you won't be able to use it once you complete it. All of the rest of the rows you will have the base model done before you even have a shot to complete the color variations.

Really feel like the dropped the ball on this row. The base should have either been something that could of been completed sooner, or the base and the color variations should have been untied on that row. At a minimum there should have been a simple " must be completed first " tagged somwhere so people knew not to even both with trying to get it until right around January.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    People please read and comprehend. The OP is not complaining that anything is too challenging, the OP is simply stating that it is BS that he has earned the color variants in the Balance of Power row and can't use them for months because it can't completed yet.

If you don't know it can't be completed till after Nighthold, which isn't even released yet, and will be easier to do than the color variants they have already earned.

The complaint isn't that something is to challenging, the complaint is they can't use a reward that they have earned. It really isn't that difficult to understand.
    Nice to see someone who also actually read the original post. Seems we're very few in number nowadays.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    Nice to see someone who also actually read the original post. Seems we're very few in number nowadays.
    Yeah it's really annoying when people only read the title and then immediately jump to conclussions. At least skim what they wrote before you start condemning them for something they aren't even talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    It's like asking for a Gladiator title from doing skirmishes.
    No, it's like asking for a dungeon title to not be locked behind raiding.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Propainn View Post
    If you're going to bash 'Murica, you shouldn't make a claim that's more in tune with whatever Eurotrash welfare state you come from.
    ....Dude, its a 30 rock /parks and recs joke xD And who said that i am from europe? Don't assume stuff

And it is actually a teori in some sociology circles, that there is a tendency in western/archamerican culture, where waiting is something which is greatly disliked.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    No, it's like asking for a dungeon title to not be locked behind raiding.
    If we look at OP's situation, it's more like he qualifies for Gladiator, but Blizzard is asking him to get 100 wins in the next battleground they'll release before they grant him his rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    ....Dude, its a 30 rock /parks and recs joke xD And who said that i am from europe? Don't assume stuff

And it is actually a teori in some sociology circles, that there is a tendency in western/archamerican culture, where waiting is something which is greatly disliked.
    Depends on what it is. If its a wait just to have a wait, yeah generally it is pretty disliked. If its a wait because it's part of the normal process ( say like dining for example) it's generally not a huge issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    If we look at OP's situation, it's more like he qualifies for Gladiator, but Blizzard is asking him to get 100 wins in the next battleground they'll release before they grant him his rewards.
    Pretty much, and I'm not entirely sure Normal Nighthold will be even that difficult.

I see it more along the lines of someone in Mythic raids earning the title and mount from the achievement, only to be told they can't use it until they clear normal mode of the next raid that hasn't been released yet. It's kind of like whaaa???

Stood in the Fire n7stormreaver's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I can't really understand some people in this thread.

Did you even try doing Mythic+15? You think Normal Nighthold will be even 1\10th as difficult, really? Even if you have to grind it for weeks, man has EARNED his artifact skin, anything beyond M+15 is just time gating, and people still defend such system. Some even claim it's a challenge. What the hell is wrong with you if you think that NORMAL Nighthold is a challenge compared to M+15?

Unbelievable.

Comparison for you: Let's say, you've killed Mythic Last Boss and he dropped a mount. You get that mount and now you have to wait 2-3 months to use it. It just stays in your bag literally laughing at you for wasting effort on it. Are you okay with it? Well, you should be, because if not, people will tell you:
    Play the game, achieve stuff and shut the fuck up kid.

People actually consider waiting Nighthold to open and running it on normal a couple of times "stuff takes work" compared to Hero and +15. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    People whine that the game hands them everything.
    People like you whine that stuff takes work.
    Which is it?
    Last edited by n7stormreaver; 2016-10-20 at 11:45 PM.
    Space magic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mythic +15
    Legion hero

Abit salty tbh
    People whine that the game hands them everything.

People like you whine that stuff takes work.

Which is it?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.