Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Maybe one day I'll see a cop get shot and survive just so they can say "don't look at me i was just doing my job" then maybe ill believe there are some good cops out there.
    So like these...?
    http://www.kristv.com/story/28148191...t-on-churchill
    http://www.khou.com/news/local/texas...rant/154087269
    http://www.usatoday.com/videos/news/...9/10/90186568/
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/03/20...n-indiana.html
    http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/M...243993261.html

Or not enough for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Your post demonstrated that concussions satisfy none of the criteria.
    There is no substantial risk of death. Suggesting there is is akin to suggestion a paper cut has a substantial risk of death because "sometimes people bleed to death!"
    There's no extreme physical pain. You might feel a bit nauseous at the worst.
    No protracted disfigurement. Obviously not.
    No protracted loss impairment of the body. You're most likely to go back to doing exactly what you're doing immediately after you suffered a concussion. In the event of a bad concussion, someone might hang out with you for a while to make sure everything's fine, while you watch tv, or read or play some video games.

Also, pro tip: A beer league is a community hockey league.
    /facepalm

(1) substantial risk of death or that causes death: concussions can be anywhere from mild to severe, thus a concussion of any significant impact meets the criteria of substantial risk of death.

Your paper cut analogy shows how little you understand this concept or concussions. A paper cut on your finger is never going to be a substantial risk of death, but that's largely because we understand how basic vascular flow works and can relate it directly to an amount of blood lost. However, incisions (being a far broader category) CAN satisfy the first element because despite including paper cuts, they also include any other slicing of the body. Size of incision is irrelevant vs WHERE the incision is. A 1" gash on your palm is annoying at best, debilitating at worst for only that hand. A 1" gash on your inner thigh is annoying at best, deadly at worst. That you are simply taking the least lethal example of a concussion makes you intellectually dishonest. Concussions can and do regularly meet the first element of substantial risk of death.

(2) serious permanent disfigurement: this one goes without saying given the large body of evidence about SIS (second impact syndrome) that makes ANY person who has received ONE concussion highly more susceptible to injury in the future

Disfigurement is any sort of reduction in the use of limbs, senses, job loss, etc. Serious simply cuts the difference between a few weeks off vs completely unemployable (in that line of work), or obvious from casual visual inspection. The laundry list of mental impairments from even a single concussion fits this easily. As much as insurance companies hate it, proving a concussion allows for quite a bit of tort recovery, even if the guy is upright and speaking clearly and succinctly at the moment in court.

I'd go on but you only need ONE element to prove it, not all, hence the "or" that exists between lines.

My favorite bit though is your "hockey league" comeback. That a bunch of amateur knuckleheads don't actually understand physiology or injury is indicative of nothing in this regard. There's a reason the stereotype of punch drunk stupidity persists around hockey players, boxers, football players, and other bruiser activities. You may be standing, walking, talking, functioning on a basic level... but you're impaired and permanently so. Your appeal to your silly league is like a smoker claiming they breathe just fine because right now (at age 22, smoking for 1 year) they're not having any issues whatsoever.

You don't understand the terms presented and you think your personal (and bad) anecdotes mean something definitive. As determined earlier in this thread and in the last one... you really don't know what you're talking about whatsoever. The irony of all of this is someone who does amateur hockey, a person more likely than not to be addle brained from concussions, is defending the notion that of COURSE concussions aren't a big deal!! Much like the withered hippocampus of pot smokers making them more susceptible to false memories and ideas... your own condition feeds into your wrong headed thinking.

Sad.

- - - Updated - - -

Firefighters are taught how to maximize the chance of them and anyone they try to save comes home.
    The same is true of cops. You're not helping your case.

I didn't mean "always" quite so literally. Most of the time though, they do.
    Don't say always if you don't mean always. Also most of the time, they don't.

Statistics show cops kill many more people than cops that die?
    /snicker
    Oh so only fatalities count? Cops who are nearly killed doing their job, trying to help someone, aren't relevant... OOOooookay.

Uh, it's literally not a strawman because many people have been gunned down by cops after stealing cigarettes, maybe they tried to run, maybe they put their hand in the pocket, neither of those are reasons to kill someone.
    One event, unsubstantiated I might add, does not a characteristic make. That's why it is a straw man. No one is actively saying cops can shoot whoever they want for whatever reason they want because they're selfish pricks... other than you. If you want to make a logical case for police training being awry, don't use a ridiculously contrived example.

I think most people aside from a tiny minority can be given what they need to stay away from a life of crime. Most people are not willing to give them what they need.
    Oh... wow. People don't resort to crime purely out of "needs" motivation. There aren't even studies from the most "humans are intrinsically good" schools of thought that support that...

I'd rather see a cop survive and say that than another minor criminal shot to death in the streets to be honest.
    You'd rather see a cop shot, survive, and compliment someone that shot them?

/backs-away-slowly

None of those show any comment from the officer so no not like those.

Obviously cops get shot. They work in a violent profession.

What I meant is i want a police officer who gets shot while taking someone into custody to try deflect all the attention they get towards actually helping the person they brought in and their victims.
    So you want a cop to get hurt and then make sure the media say nothing about it nor his police chief or anything else? What magical land are you living in where cops need to be the greatest of altruistic champions...?

Quote Originally Posted by Fasc View Post
    /facepalm

(1) substantial risk of death or that causes death: concussions can be anywhere from mild to severe, thus a concussion of any significant impact meets the criteria of substantial risk of death.

Your paper cut analogy shows how little you understand this concept or concussions. A paper cut on your finger is never going to be a substantial risk of death, but that's largely because we understand how basic vascular flow works and can relate it directly to an amount of blood lost. However, incisions (being a far broader category) CAN satisfy the first element because despite including paper cuts, they also include any other slicing of the body. Size of incision is irrelevant vs WHERE the incision is. A 1" gash on your palm is annoying at best, debilitating at worst for only that hand. A 1" gash on your inner thigh is annoying at best, deadly at worst. That you are simply taking the least lethal example of a concussion makes you intellectually dishonest. Concussions can and do regularly meet the first element of substantial risk of death.

(2) serious permanent disfigurement: this one goes without saying given the large body of evidence about SIS (second impact syndrome) that makes ANY person who has received ONE concussion highly more susceptible to injury in the future

Disfigurement is any sort of reduction in the use of limbs, senses, job loss, etc. Serious simply cuts the difference between a few weeks off vs completely unemployable (in that line of work), or obvious from casual visual inspection. The laundry list of mental impairments from even a single concussion fits this easily. As much as insurance companies hate it, proving a concussion allows for quite a bit of tort recovery, even if the guy is upright and speaking clearly and succinctly at the moment in court.

I'd go on but you only need ONE element to prove it, not all, hence the "or" that exists between lines.

My favorite bit though is your "hockey league" comeback. That a bunch of amateur knuckleheads don't actually understand physiology or injury is indicative of nothing in this regard. There's a reason the stereotype of punch drunk stupidity persists around hockey players, boxers, football players, and other bruiser activities. You may be standing, walking, talking, functioning on a basic level... but you're impaired and permanently so. Your appeal to your silly league is like a smoker claiming they breathe just fine because right now (at age 22, smoking for 1 year) they're not having any issues whatsoever.

You don't understand the terms presented and you think your personal (and bad) anecdotes mean something definitive. As determined earlier in this thread and in the last one... you really don't know what you're talking about whatsoever. The irony of all of this is someone who does amateur hockey, a person more likely than not to be addle brained from concussions, is defending the notion that of COURSE concussions aren't a big deal!! Much like the withered hippocampus of pot smokers making them more susceptible to false memories and ideas... your own condition feeds into your wrong headed thinking.

Sad.

- - - Updated - - -

The same is true of cops. You're not helping your case.

Don't say always if you don't mean always. Also most of the time, they don't.

/snicker
    Oh so only fatalities count? Cops who are nearly killed doing their job, trying to help someone, aren't relevant... OOOooookay.

One event, unsubstantiated I might add, does not a characteristic make. That's why it is a straw man. No one is actively saying cops can shoot whoever they want for whatever reason they want because they're selfish pricks... other than you. If you want to make a logical case for police training being awry, don't use a ridiculously contrived example.

Oh... wow. People don't resort to crime purely out of "needs" motivation. There aren't even studies from the most "humans are intrinsically good" schools of thought that support that...

You'd rather see a cop shot, survive, and compliment someone that shot them?

/backs-away-slowly

So you want a cop to get hurt and then make sure the media say nothing about it nor his police chief or anything else? What magical land are you living in where cops need to be the greatest of altruistic champions...?
    Again, there's no substantial risk of death. Concussions are a mild to moderate, routine injury that no one should get worked up about. They're a regular part of a number of professions and several sports I've worked and played in. None of us were cheating death.

Also, that's not what disfigurement is. That's loss of control or impairment. Disfigurement is serious damage to something's or someone's appearance (in legal situations, this would be major scarring, etc). There is no reasonable likelihood that a concussion will result in any lasting impairment. There's no likelihood at all that a concussion will result in disfigurement.

You also don't seem to understand the rationale behind mentioning a community hockey league. The fact of the matter is, concussions are a regular part of competition even in casual, low level sports. No one holds their breath when someone gets a concussion.

Again, there's no substantial risk of death. Concussions are a mild to moderate, routine injury that no one should get worked up about. They're a regular part of a number of professions and several sports I've worked and played in. None of us were cheating death.
    Given the amount of death and permanent injury resulting from head trauma... you're really hurting your argument relying upon NFL and boxers for shining examples of "no big deal." Medical science and common law disagree with you.

Also, that's not what disfigurement is. That's loss of control or impairment. Disfigurement is serious damage to something's or someone's appearance (in legal situations, this would be major scarring, etc). There is no reasonable likelihood that a concussion will result in any lasting impairment. There's no likelihood at all that a concussion will result in disfigurement.
    /facepalm

Disfigurement is not merely scars or physical impairment, as someone who has mental retardation and/or moves erratically would ALSO be disfigured. Blindness and deafness are also disfigurements as well since nothing stipulates it being obvious. Further, this is a non-point even if we restricted it to mere beauty/symmetry standards since protracted loss is also included.

You also don't seem to understand the rationale behind mentioning a community hockey league. The fact of the matter is, concussions are a regular part of competition even in casual, low level sports. No one holds their breath when someone gets a concussion.
    Okay...? Smokers don't worry when people smoke. Drinkers don't stress at the sight of bars.

/facepalm

Given the amount of death and permanent injury resulting from head trauma... you're really hurting your argument relying upon NFL and boxers for shining examples of "no big deal." Medical science and common law disagree with you.

/facepalm

Disfigurement is not merely scars or physical impairment, as someone who has mental retardation and/or moves erratically would ALSO be disfigured. Blindness and deafness are also disfigurements as well since nothing stipulates it being obvious. Further, this is a non-point even if we restricted it to mere beauty/symmetry standards since protracted loss is also included.

Okay...? Smokers don't worry when people smoke. Drinkers don't stress at the sight of bars.

/facepalm
    That amount is very very small. Untreated concussions are a longterm quality of life issue the same way an untreated broken leg would be a longterm quality of life issue. Neither are serious injuries, though. And no, blindness and deafness are not disfigurements. You fundamentally don't understand what the term disfigurement means at any level.

The same is not true of cops because cops quite often kill people which is not something a firefighter would usually do.

I would have thought it was obvious that it was not an objective "literally every single time" always rather and more often than not "always" but i mean if i have to clarify that so be it.
    Words mean things... hyperbolic language does more to confuse or make the reader think you're an idiot than clarify anything you have to say. Also you're being highly myopic about the fatality and only the fatality statistic...

Cops also cause more injuries than they receive. Fatalities are just a lot more final and severe than injuries, especially when many of the fatalities are preventable.
    [Multiple Citations Needed]
    That's a lot to claim all of a sudden without a shred of anything else.

What you're doing right now is a strawman.

I never said they shoot people for whatever reason.

Police training =/= police action. Anyone with their nose so far up the justice systems ass should know that.
    If it is a lone asshole... then it isn't a cop problem, it is a lone asshole problem. Hence your straw man... deerrrrrp.

"So you want a cop to get hurt and then make sure the media say nothing about it nor his police chief or anything else? What magical land are you living in where cops need to be the greatest of altruistic champions...?"

No i want a cop to get hurt and them to put focus on the rehabilitiation of victims and families.

I live in a world where I do not think people should be able to take power over others without proving that they have their best interests at heart. Realistically cops are just regular people, usually those who are more hungry for power than others, who take it upon themselves to enforce what some people see as right.
    "So Officer Smith, you got shot 4 times trying to serve a warrant to a crack house that's been plaguing the neighbors, how do you feel?"
    "Well I want the world to know that crack houses aren't all evil and crack users are just normal people trying to get by! You should feel zero harsh feelings towards any of those involved in my near-death because they are blameless!!"
    "Thank you Officer Smith!"

/wut

Also love the dig that cops are just bullies... well done.

Keep that hate going strong!

- - - Updated - - -

That amount is very very small. Untreated concussions are a longterm quality of life issue the same way an untreated broken leg would be a longterm quality of life issue. Neither are serious injuries, though. And no, blindness and deafness are not disfigurements. You fundamentally don't understand what the term disfigurement means at any level.
    Concussions have acute issues you dolt.

And yes, blindness and deafness are absolutely disfigurements. Depending on criminal vs civil and what court you're in, levels of obviousness are really all that separate them. A man walking with dark shades and a cane is obviously blind, if that was a result of an accident or assault, disfigurement applies. However, as you keep missing the point, disfigurement is only ONE SINGULAR ELEMENT necessary for serious bodily injury. You're being stupidly obtuse (again).

Words mean things... hyperbolic language does more to confuse or make the reader think you're an idiot than clarify anything you have to say. Also you're being highly myopic about the fatality and only the fatality statistic...

[Multiple Citations Needed]
    That's a lot to claim all of a sudden without a shred of anything else.

If it is a lone asshole... then it isn't a cop problem, it is a lone asshole problem. Hence your straw man... deerrrrrp.

"So Officer Smith, you got shot 4 times trying to serve a warrant to a crack house that's been plaguing the neighbors, how do you feel?"
    "Well I want the world to know that crack houses aren't all evil and crack users are just normal people trying to get by! You should feel zero harsh feelings towards any of those involved in my near-death because they are blameless!!"

/wut

Also love the dig that cops are just bullies... well done.

Keep that hate going strong!

- - - Updated - - -

Concussions have acute issues you dolt.

And yes, blindness and deafness are absolutely disfigurements. Depending on criminal vs civil and what court you're in, levels of obviousness are really all that separate them. A man walking with dark shades and a cane is obviously blind, if that was a result of an accident or assault, disfigurement applies. However, as you keep missing the point, disfigurement is only ONE SINGULAR ELEMENT necessary for serious bodily injury. You're being stupidly obtuse (again).
    Yes, generally none of which are worth worrying about. And no, blindness and deafness are not disfigurements. I've already explained that concussions satisfy none of the four criteria to constitute a serious bodily injury. Seriously, just wrap yourself in bubble wrap.

Welp, since concussions aren't serious, I want to push for cops to go with beating people in the head with nightsticks as a first response to anything. No one will complain about head trauma.

Well whatever enjoy being swayed by rhetoric if you can't tell when someone is being hyperbolic.

Most people who assault police officers are in the news. Check it out some time. (i'll pm you sources tomorrow but im going to be now)

"If it is a lone asshole... then it isn't a cop problem, it is a lone asshole problem. Hence your straw man... deerrrrrp."

If it's a lone asshole sure. I'm guessing you've never known many cops personally eh.

""So Officer Smith, you got shot 4 times trying to serve a warrant to a crack house that's been plaguing the neighbors, how do you feel?"

I mean if that's what you think i mean't then you have issues understanding compassion, rehabilitation and support and i feel for you.

After working for the police for almost 10 years this is the conclusion i came to. If you have even some experience with actually dealing with the police on either side im willing to listen. But from as far as i can tell many people are in the police force for power and a misguided sense of justice.
    You might wanna spell out what you want then ex-cop instead of demanding intangibles while calling cops assholes and bullies. /shrug

Concussions aren't as serious as death.

Also having watched cops in a gun controlled country beat people with nightsticks i can say that it's brutal.

- - - Updated - - -

Working with the cops =/= cop

I'm not demanding anything just complaining about a flawed system.
    No it isn't. There is zero danger in beating people in the head. So they should do that.

Yes, generally none of which are worth worrying about.
    Thank you Dr. Polyxo with that amazing proof and evidence!
    /snicker

And no, blindness and deafness are not disfigurements.
    They are, but you're stuck on the beauty/symmetry side of disfigurement so I'll leave you to your fiction.

I've already explained that concussions satisfy none of the four criteria to constitute a serious bodily injury. Seriously, just wrap yourself in bubble wrap.
    Hahahahahahaha

There it is... the "I'm tougher than you so I know better than you"

Explains a lot about your character really... you defended PCP vigorously while having a patent misunderstanding of Tasers and now you're arguing as an expert hockey player that concussions are no big deal...

We get it. You think you're tough and thus feel that your toughness allows you to dismiss contrary arguments on that "fact" alone. Doctoral studies, common law, etc be damned, you're just too tough to be tricked otherwise! Ah to be young and think yourself bulletproof hahaha...

- - - Updated - - -

Working for cops =/= cop (I was working for a business which supplied many cops and was partially state owned.)

I'm not demanding anything just complaining about a flawed system.

Anyone neurotypical and fit person can apply and become a cop (or the army) and have the right to kill others. I don't think this is right. I don't think anyone deserves power over others.
    You were a supplier and you think you know cops? Oh my... hahahaha...

You can think whatever you like but you're hilariously wrong.

Have you ever seen protest footage?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks pal but you don't know what I was supplying and how closely it worked with out police department. Where I worked was about 50% state owned at the time and was in the same building lol. I literally worked with these people on a day to day basis.
    So there wasn't a long train of people saying concussions aren't dangerous? Maybe you should think about what you say.

Thanks pal but you don't know what I was supplying and how closely it worked with out police department. Where I worked was about 50% state owned at the time and was in the same building lol. I literally worked with these people on a day to day basis.
    Well, buddy, you are awfully short on the details so how can I even bother to care about your supposed expert knowledge when you only give the sage nodding of "I know more"

Pony up something specific instead of merely bemoaning this dark and dreary world that just refuses to see the light as you do despite you providing zero evidence other than wistful thought.

I'm not saying concussions cannot be dangerous (it's literally bruising/bleeding in the brain).

I'm trying to say that cops don't avoid hitting people in the head.
    Well you need to supply a reason for why a cop shouldn't hit someone on the head other than "no one should have that kind of power"

This discussion about lethal force spawned from proportionality doctrines so blows to the head ARE warranted in some situations. However, blows to the head in general have been restricted heavily in the last decade for the exact reasons people are now saying are not a big deal: concussions and other TBIs.

https://www.policeone.com/police-pro...-brain-injury/
    Everything listed here as a reason why cops should beware applies to perpetrators as well, hence the lessening or outright banning of nightsticks/blackjacks being used to just wail on the heads (not bodies mind you) of perpetrators. However, proportionality exists and grants leeway to a cop to defend himself or another, to include lethal force.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not about to give details of my personal life that could identify me. Enough people here know where i live and if I told people where I worked they would be able to track me down because of how small my country is and to protect my friends and family I'm willing to lose this argument.

On my first day at work one of the cops in the office looked up my record and started trying to discuss things like the race of people who assaulted me an stole my car.
    Well then your testimony is safely discarded. Bring up something else worthy of discussion.

Thank you Dr. Polyxo with that amazing proof and evidence!
    /snicker

They are, but you're stuck on the beauty/symmetry side of disfigurement so I'll leave you to your fiction.

Hahahahahahaha

There it is... the "I'm tougher than you so I know better than you"

Explains a lot about your character really... you defended PCP vigorously while having a patent misunderstanding of Tasers and now you're arguing as an expert hockey player that concussions are no big deal...

We get it. You think you're tough and thus feel that your toughness allows you to dismiss contrary arguments on that "fact" alone. Doctoral studies, common law, etc be damned, you're just too tough to be tricked otherwise! Ah to be young and think yourself bulletproof hahaha...

- - - Updated - - -

You were a supplier and you think you know cops? Oh my... hahahaha...

You can think whatever you like but you're hilariously wrong.
    I just don't want someone to be accused of attempted murder for, you know, lightly brushing a shoulder against you. I'm wondering if this is you:

I would say most of the world is tougher than you. Because the general reaction to hearing someone has a concussion is: "Oh, that sucks. You want to go get something to eat?" The danger is miniscule.

As for disfigurement, it seems the English language is hooked on that fiction as well.
    Last edited by Polyxo; 2016-10-21 at 06:09 PM.

A cop shouldn't hit someone in the head because they could kill them. And that would directly interfere with the idea that they protect and serve.
    And if that person is attempting to attack the cop with a knife or other deadly weapon, or has already cold-cocked the cop into a compromising situation...? You seem to think only cops do bad things by this statement.

The law provides leeway for self defense for most people, but if you hit a cop you go to jail because a cop could never be violating your rights.
    False on both counts. All people can self-defend, as you would have noted that one of the shootings I linked was a man who killed a cop serving a warrant because he claimed "self-defense" thinking it was someone breaking in. If you hit a cop for no reason, yeah you're going to jail, that's a given. But if a cop can lawfully restrain you and you hit him... you're still wrong because his actions were not incorrect.

Blows to the head shouldn't be legal for cops obvious reasons, like the potential for severe brain damage and death. If they believed in justice, killing people wouldn't ever be justified because they would never be tried in a court of law.
    Yes because all criminals go quietly... /sigh

Ah yes the old, you better spill all the details about your life otherwise I wont even consider you position technique. Very nice.
    When your experiences are dubious at best, any attribution to them is irrelevant. Why would I care about your would-be interactions with cops in your small country if what you sold and how you interacted with them are withheld entirely? Janitors work for DHH but that doesn't make them experts on public health or safety. You're being melodramatic.

I don't take what I'm saying as an absolute truth, I've made it clear i am speaking from my own experiences. If you have experiences or statistics which disprove my beliefs then go ahead and show them to me.
    Your "experience" is that cops are bullies and no cop should ever even remotely endanger the life of another regardless of what is happening, given your above examples. There are no statistics to use as counter factual... you're just being an ideologue.

Also im not giving testimony. This isn't a court, this is a forum, it's a social place not one that is held to rigorous academic and/or legal standards.
    Court or not, you've provided nothing of value.

I just don't want someone to be accused of attempted murder for, you know, lightly brushing a shoulder against you. I'm wondering if this is you:

I would say most of the world is tougher than you. Because the general reaction to hearing someone has a concussion is: "Oh, that sucks. You want to go get something to eat?" The danger is miniscule.

As for disfigurement, it seems the English language is hooked on that fiction as well.
    You're under this ridiculous notion that minor bruising constitutes a concussion... /snicker

But yeah... double down on the tough guy routine with an appeal to the general population (the BEST source of medical/legal information) as proof...

As for your silliness about the English language: Wong v Graham, 2001

In the above case, a man underwent cataract surgery that eventually rendered his left eye blind. He won the trial case for medical malpractice for the following -

"physical pain and mental anguish, disfigurement, physical impairment, and medical care"

He won $700,00. The disfigurement was specifically contested in appeal and the court found that the deteriorated condition of the eye was enough because although the ulcer created proximately to the eye was visually a problem, the defense argued it healed up and was of no problem. The Court simply said "Yeah the visual unsightliness of the ulcer is irrelevant, his eye doesn't work anymore, he's disfigured."

Please stop while you're 10 feet under.

A cop shouldn't hit someone in the head because they could kill them. And that would directly interfere with the idea that they protect and serve.

The law provides leeway for self defense for most people, but if you hit a cop you go to jail because a cop could never be violating your rights.

Blows to the head shouldn't be legal for cops obvious reasons, like the potential for severe brain damage and death. If they believed in justice, killing people wouldn't ever be justified because they would never be tried in a court of law.

"Well then your testimony is safely discarded. Bring up something else worthy of discussion."

Ah yes the old, you better spill all the details about your life otherwise I wont even consider you position technique. Very nice.

I don't take what I'm saying as an absolute truth, I've made it clear i am speaking from my own experiences. If you have experiences or statistics which disprove my beliefs then go ahead and show them to me.

Also im not giving testimony. This isn't a court, this is a forum, it's a social place not one that is held to rigorous academic and/or legal standards.

At the very least I just want you to put a little thought into the other side of the argument. I have no plans to sway you to my side.

"Well you need to supply a reason for why a cop shouldn't hit someone on the head other than "no one should have that kind of power""

I mean cops can hit anyone over the head they like so long as they don't pretend to be a force of good.
    Actually regardless a lot of them hit anyone over the head they like.
    You know that outlaws using everyone's favorite go to when complaining about guns, the taser, correct? It also outlaws even touching someone since bruising, sprained and pulled muscles and cracked bones exist. People have hurt themselves to not be detained and people like you blame the cops.

Cops have stab proof vests for a reason yo. Cops usually outnumber and "outgear" the people they are taking into custody.
    I always love this one. "You have better gear than the average crack head so you must go easy on them!"
    [Citation needed]

If a cop unlawfully restrains you and you hit them you go to jail too.
    Yeah because even if he just cuffs you for the wrong reason, the LAW doesn't allow you to knock them into next week as the police being in contact with you isn't beyond the pale. However, in such cases I do think cops should get sanctioned hard for abusing that leeway if they're actually abusing it.

No they don't. Most of them try to run. Some try violence.

Obviously. I dunno why you're trying to pin me as someone who doesn't understand police work lol.

It doesn't justify potentially lethal force.
    If the perpetrator uses violence that is lethal (firearms for example), the cop shouldn't be able to shoot them dead? Yeah I'm going to go with you don't understand how policing works. At all.

The janitors probably know more about the inner workings of the DHH than you do considering they interact and work with the people there. I'm not really being melodramatic, I just respect the privacy of my friends and family who are not related to this, who could potentially be dragged into this stupid discussion/my activities on this forum.
    Except I worked as an engineer for DHH and I know the janitors know NOTHING of the daily work of even a single person in that place because their job is to clean the office, not read memos, answer calls, or anything else. Never mind the field work I spent 90% of my day doing... /snicerk

You can keep your privacy but without actual details as to what your job entailed as someone who "worked with cops in supply" I'm left with little else other than "You saw them in the same building and sold them neat pins and medals when they had the right merit forms" or something similarly pointless and ill-informed.

I literally said i was being idealistic you nutsack.
    Right, my point exactly. Being idealistic without any evidence or proof just makes you an ideologue on par with street corner doomsayers.

And all you've provided is another tongue in the eternal rimjob that is the justice system.
    Aww... don't be mad.

everyone does seem to be ignoring the fact that the Chicago police department is one of the most corrupt ones in the world.
    /wheezing

Oh yes. Those police in Kenya are the saintliest bunch I've ever read about!

http://www.wonderslist.com/10-most-c...-in-the-world/

INB4 "I didn't mean LITERALLY the world!!"