Help assassination with mythic +

Hi guys, I need your help for mythic + performance. I don't have any problems with single target rotation, but I'm strugling with AOE, don't know if I am doing it wrong or if assassination rogues are just that BAD for AOE. All I do is spam Fan of Knives, apply rupture in 3 or so targets and envenon when I can, hoping to proc Bag of Tricks, whenever it procs, my DPS is actually OK, but if it doesn't is just terrible.

That said, what can I do in a mythic + to help me out? Since there is a lot of AOE involved, and if assassin rogues don't have good AOE, in high end mythic+ we just suck and won't ever get invited?

Help me out guys, and thank you!

Deleted
    ye i kinda struggle with the same issue, just go higher, like +6 to 10, more hp on the mobs, so more time for the rupture and posion to tick before they die. the pulls are not that big which is also good. maybe look out for MoS and others with fewer mobs but high hp ones. In low m+ its really hard .......

That makes sense. I run Agonizing Poison for bosses and stuff, you think Deadly Poison is better for mythic+? For the extra damage in AOE?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by divinoob View Post
    Hi guys, I need your help for mythic + performance. I don't have any problems with single target rotation, but I'm strugling with AOE, don't know if I am doing it wrong or if assassination rogues are just that BAD for AOE. All I do is spam Fan of Knives, apply rupture in 3 or so targets and envenon when I can, hoping to proc Bag of Tricks, whenever it procs, my DPS is actually OK, but if it doesn't is just terrible.

That said, what can I do in a mythic + to help me out? Since there is a lot of AOE involved, and if assassin rogues don't have good AOE, in high end mythic+ we just suck and won't ever get invited?

Run with exsang, open with garotte on high health mobs into 6cp rupture exsang, this will give you energy for fok, start spaming fok and spread rupture with 3+cp to as many mobs as possible 3 to 5 mobs with rupture should give you plenty Nrg for fok spam - envenom. fishing for BoT is not very strong, multi rupture is better in almost every situation ( big packs of small mobs is garotte fok spam envenom).

Don't forget 45 sec is very short cd and should be up for almost every pack, exsang rupture give you a lot of energy and mobs dying with poison + bleed give energy back.

That Exsanguinate strat actually makes a lot of sense man. I'll try that next keystone! Thank you guys so much!

here's a long-ass complicated explanation (it's at the end of the guide)

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748968342

but if you're serious about mythics+ just run outlaw, seriously. there is a reason we can switch specs on the fly

Thanks for the guide man. The thing about switching to outlaw is my artifact weapon is level 1, just leveled my assassin weap... But I can sure try that out to see what happens, thanks for the tip man!

Quote Originally Posted by starlite View Post
    here's a long-ass complicated explanation (it's at the end of the guide)

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748968342

but if you're serious about mythics+ just run outlaw, seriously. there is a reason we can switch specs on the fly
    ye ye I forgot switching specs makes my mastery gear autofix to crit/versa for outlaw

Quote Originally Posted by Laurix View Post
    ye ye I forgot switching specs makes my mastery gear autofix to crit/versa for outlaw
    Luckily for you, crit is the best stat for both outlaw and assassination 'til you swap to agonizing - at which point mastery is *incredibly* close to crit, slightly edging it out at 10k+ crit rating.

Deleted
    Outlaw is pure shit. For me there is no way outlaw can reach the performance of sin at higher gear levels, esp if you have legendaries. The legendarys for sin are much stronger than the outlaw pieces. Its not easy to handle the prejudice as sin, but I surpise my pugs every fckng time with my insane aoe and single target dps. My last run for example: m+9 arcway with overall 550k dps (teeming and necrotic / only flask, no pots no food).

Quote Originally Posted by Citrush View Post
    Outlaw is pure shit. For me there is no way outlaw can reach the performance of sin at higher gear levels, esp if you have legendaries. The legendarys for sin are much stronger than the outlaw pieces. Its not easy to handle the prejudice as sin, but I surpise my pugs every fckng time with my insane aoe and single target dps. My last run for example: m+9 arcway with overall 550k dps (teeming and necrotic / only flask, no pots no food).
    Not really surprising on +9, but on most things lower than +4, outlaw WILL be better, since mobs just die too fast for sin to shine. Running both myself, and yes, on higher stuff sin outperforms outlaws greatly, however for spam farming +2 3chests, or something like that, I eat sin rogues alive with outlaw, even with terrible rng.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Not really surprising on +9, but on most things lower than +4, outlaw WILL be better, since mobs just die too fast for sin to shine. Running both myself, and yes, on higher stuff sin outperforms outlaws greatly, however for spam farming +2 3chests, or something like that, I eat sin rogues alive with outlaw, even with terrible rng.
    I'm doing a dozen of m+ per day (boost grps etc). This never happend to me, and i met some awesome geared outlaws in any difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by divinoob View Post

Assuming you are playing EP/AP: During trash mob fights use Deadly poison and during single target fights use Agonizing poison. What I usually do is have DP applied for the trash fights and while fighting the last pack of mobs before the first boss, just before they die I'll start applying my agonizing poison and let my other two dps teammates finish off the mobs.

If you really want to use AP for mythic+, there isn't anything wrong with that, but you should know that you will be screwing youself on trash packs.

On another note, as a dot class, you are going to be outclassed in burst aoe, so don't expect to top trash dps in low M+. It's a matter of class homoginization, and it a good facet of the game. If you REALLY need to top meters in those easy dungeons, then yes, you should be playing outlaw. But seriously, mut does great in all content.