Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    You don't need to raid mythic tho! No one plays a video game for any need. You play a video game and want things in that game. You don't need anything. Of course people want the best gear they can get from the level of play they do. That can be said from LFR to World Fist Mythic. They all want the best gear they can acquire.
    Yes you do in fact need things in games. The game presents you with problems and sometimes you need to acquire certain tools to be able to solve the problems.

"No one plays a video game for any need." This is also false.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Go tank one of the WQ elite bosses in NM 5man gear or try to solo HFC in NM 5man gear and tell us how well that works out for you.

Once again champ you don't get to decide what others feel like they need.
    The game isn't based around u soloing last expansions raid. Its completely irrelevant to the discussion

Good question.

You don't need to raid mythic tho! No one plays a video game for any need. You play a video game and want things in that game. You don't need anything. Of course people want the best gear they can get from the level of play they do. That can be said from LFR to World Fist Mythic. They all want the best gear they can acquire.
    Your point is what exactly

Because limited time has nothing to do with not wanting high dps? or limited time does not mean people want to be inefficient with the tasks that they do, or when soloing stuff like old raids? Don't have to be a hardcore raider to want to solo mop or later raids.

Quote Originally Posted by hammbone View Post
    I also got an 870 from a emissary chest. Doesn;t mean I like it. and its stimulating enough to have 10 pages ina couple hours and keep me entertained.
    I got a 890 chest from a WQ proc and my healer friend got a 890 relic from one.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Because limited time has nothing to do with not wanting high dps? or limited time does not mean people want to be inefficient with the tasks that they do, or when soloing stuff like old raids? Don't have to be a hardcore raider to want to solo mop or later raids.
    OK so solo them in a later patch when the non raid rewards become better.

This is the same line of logic that people like OP used when PVE gear was BiS in PVP. "Get good" How about this, you're not as good as you think you are.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    The game isn't based around u soloing last expansions raid. Its completely irrelevant to the discussion
    Yeah, I kek'd at running old stuff. I run old stuff for gold sometimes but if we go back to my original post- I'm talking about people that don't want to do instanced content in groups. kinda funny that theyll do it once it has 0 chance of them dying. The sort of casuals im referring in the title are those afraid of any and all challenge. Im sorry my title wasnt more indepth. I myself identify as casual. but I am not entitled.

Yeah idgi

This expansion has given casuals access to the highest ilvl available through random upgrades and legendaries. Raid finder gives access to 99% of raid content sans when they do mythic only surprises.
    Normal tier difficulty is also easier than ever - it's a small step up from raid finder, which at times can be even easier because you cleanse a lot of trolls and afk players who queue for raid finder.
    Even mythic+ provides an easy way to get gear through the weekly cache. Doing a difficulty you can't complete in time - you still get 2 pieces from it, and your cache will be based off that completion.

Asking for anything more is excessive. You can only cater so much to a subset of your audience before you destroy your game for the majority - which some people claim has already happened. Blizz has done a fine job at making their content accessible to a broad variety of players.

There's different levels of play in what you can consider casual as well. I only raid 2 nights a week 3 hours a day and I put in 1-2 hours a few days outside. My guild has cleared heroic EN and we are moving into mythic now. Our schedule is pretty casual but the effort we put in is a step above that.
    On the other hand you may have players who come to this game for a stress free 0 effort play session. Their life could be stressful as hell outside of WoW and all they are looking for is a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonjoon View Post
    Yes you do in fact need things in games. The game presents you with problems and sometimes you need to acquire certain tools to be able to solve the problems.

"No one plays a video game for any need." This is also false.
    You do difficult content because you want to. No one is holding a gun to your head. When do you ever need to play a video game? I guess if it is your job? Can't think of any other reason.

"Casuals" - lets define that as people who don't do instanced content that requires certain item levels - don't need higher item level gear. But guess what, neither do the people that do that instanced content when outside that content. You want to claim "casuals" don't need gear? Fine, set a maximum ilvl outside current instanced content and scale everyone to that item level - "problem" solved, no?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lustrick View Post
    Yeah idgi

This expansion has given casuals access to the highest ilvl available through random upgrades and legendaries. Raid finder gives access to 99% of raid content sans when they do mythic only surprises.
    Normal tier difficulty is also easier than ever - it's a small step up from raid finder, which at times can be even easier because you cleanse a lot of trolls and afk players who queue for raid finder.
    Even mythic+ provides an easy way to get gear through the weekly cache. Doing a difficulty you can't complete in time - you still get 2 pieces from it, and your cache will be based off that completion.

Asking for anything more is excessive. You can only cater so much to a subset of your audience before you destroy your game for the majority - which some people claim has already happened. Blizz has done a fine job at making their content accessible to a broad variety of players.

There's different levels of play in what you can consider casual as well. I only raid 2 nights a week 3 hours a day and I put in 1-2 hours a few days outside. My guild has cleared heroic EN and we are moving into mythic now. Our schedule is pretty casual but the effort we put in is a step above that.
    On the other hand you may have players who come to this game for a stress free 0 effort play session. Their life could be stressful as hell outside of WoW and all they are looking for is a good time.
    Well said. That was my original point in when I made the thread. What I should've titled was why do Non-raiders want more than what they are already given in this expansion even though its more than any other expansion ever??

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    "Casuals" - lets define that as people who don't do instanced content that requires certain item levels - don't need higher item level gear. But guess what, neither do the people that do that instanced content when outside that content. You want to claim "casuals" don't need gear? Fine, set a maximum ilvl outside current instanced content and scale everyone to that item level - "problem" solved, no?
    Nah, people with high raid/PvP gear should always light up squirrel farmers like a fire cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    Or people could stop having an inferiority complex because people have better shinies for doing more demanding and challenging activities.

7+ Year Old Account
    People bashing OP and citing “life outside the game” or “some don’t share your view” are missing the point. I suppose using the term “casual” triggered some people too.

Refusal to do the content that is readily available to you to attain that higher ilvl gear is not a valid reason to complain. The content in question does not have any significant obstacles put in place by Blizzard (gating, attunement, item level requirements) that would prevent the “casual” from doing it.

If one was to postulate that the “casual” logs into the game and steers clear of Mythic/Mythic Keystone dungeons, any difficulty for raids, random battlegrounds or arena queues, to instead do world quests or old content then that is his choice. Because the gear he wants to receive just so happens to be in the aforementioned content, he has no valid claim to it.

For reasons of not having enough time, content is too hard, or they do not like to deal with other players is their reasons and nobody is faulting them for it. However, there are no significant obstacles preventing them for attaining that level of gear.

It boils down to people wanting to get things the easy way. It’s a bad mentality and some people who see that are quick to anger like what we’ve seen in this thread.

EDIT: I understand the notion that is may be hard for "casuals" who have limited time to get into groups (Mythic dungeons, non-LFR raids) and actually complete content and win items. However the nature of a MMORPG requires that group effort and Blizzard has already implemented (to much of the player base's disdain) ways to fix through LFR.

Getting into mythic dungeon + raid groups may be frustrating but it's no where near as bad as some people make it out to be. If your limited time is an issue, perhaps you should rethink what game you should play with that time.
    Last edited by MechaCThun; 2016-10-24 at 05:51 PM.

I got triggered when I read the latest Q&A and this guy is asking blizz why he can't get higher than 850 without going into dungeons
    I think the point of all this is not casuals vs not casuals. Or what type of player deserves loot. There always needs to be player progression....but do people think player progression should exist while avoiding group content.

How far should Mr. Solo be able to progress his character? Current WQ loot can proc up to 865...which is = to heroic raid gear. We also have artifact power which grows over time, making players more powerful as time goes on. There is more gearing outside of group content then ever before.

Should Blizzard ignore the solo heroes and focus on group content?

I know i have done a lot of things in wow over the past 10+ years...but my fondness memories are doing things WITH people.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Or people could stop having an inferiority complex because people have better shinies for doing more demanding and challenging activities.
    I love everything this person has to say. I'm happy with my 855 ilvl I don't mind that people have 870+ for doing raid content that I don't have time for. I'm not asking blizz to let me farm squirrels so that i can get 870+ every day. I think it's okay that they buffed WQ chests so that questers can progress (slowly). But going back to my OP the guy I was refering to was asking blizz for moooore. and many of you say that gear should be equal. Sorry RPGs arnt for you. You want equal? play OW or something.

You do difficult content because you want to. No one is holding a gun to your head. When do you ever need to play a video game? I guess if it is your job? Can't think of any other reason.
    You need the gear to beat many fights when properly tuned.

Example. Butcher, Ultraxion, HLK, RagH as a few examples. Gear is required tools NEEDED to beat these encounters. Period the end.

Solo content? No such need exists

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Casuals are all people with more luck than other people, who go to work and don't play for 12h+. Hardcore players are self entitled people, who play 12h+ and don't have this luck.
    Heh, that was a new description.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Well for one as you add more tiers the gap between players increases. This makes it harder for new players as well as casuals who want to switch to raiding to get into the current content because they are so far behind.

Also casuals are what keep the lights on and the game running, if all the casuals quit they would need to cut down on devs and support and expansions would take longer and have less content causing several raiders to quit and eventually getting so low that they would have to shut the game down entirely. And the easiest way for them to add new content for players without taking tons of time is gear.