Quote Originally Posted by Chloe Price View Post
    The corpse/walker that was hanging on the bridge, wasn't he human from last episode? from that point to the Lucille part should've been only a few hours. the walker's body fell apart so easily like it was rotten for ages.
    There were a lot of ridiculous scenes in this episode so it wouldn't surprise me. That scene where negan is sitting at the steering wheel with rick and the axe eight or so feet behind him but is able to turn around with a full size rifle before rick gets there... ridiculous. In reality he has a hatchet in his skull right there. There were at least half a dozen times through out that sequence with rick and negan alone where negan should have just been dead. The whole concept of negan is ridiculous though. Who would follow a man like this? He would of been beaten to death or killed in his sleep within the first month of the apocalypse. Its not like the governor where he pretends to be a decent human being to his followers, he's just straight ruthless and his following is too large to be believable.

Then there is the whole this clearly should of been the finale thing... any producer with half a brain should of been able to figure that out.

I think this show might have jumped the shark. The whole thing just feels a little cheesy.
    Last edited by cordrann; 2016-10-24 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post
    Yes

His name is Steven Ogg and he played Trevor Phillips in GTA V as well, which got him a lot of work

Oh ok. I haven't played a GTA since Vice City, and didn't realize everyone was talking about the same guy earlier.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Officially no longer a fan. Red I had been hoping would die since he screwed over Rosita. And, Glen I could have been ok with had he been simply killed. However having his head half caved in and made to suffer before finally having his head beat into sauce was overboard. Anyone who enjoyed that scene has serious issues.
    And yet that is his(Glenn) exact death from the comics if anything it was fan services for those who read the comics. I also don't understand how people aren't ok with that his type of scene is a zombie show. What is because they are people instead of a walker?

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Officially no longer a fan. Red I had been hoping would die since he screwed over Rosita. And, Glen I could have been ok with had he been simply killed. However having his head half caved in and made to suffer before finally having his head beat into sauce was overboard. Anyone who enjoyed that scene has serious issues.
    I don't think anybody except Negan was meant to be ok with that scene, kind of the point of it.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree it was hard to watch though

10+ Year Old Account
    One of my favorite TV episodes, ever.

They needed to set Negan apart from any other bad guy we've seen so far, for the Survivors, for Rick, for the viewer. We've had cannibals, we've has psychopaths, we've had rapists, we've had bandits. See the Survivors and viewers not familiar with the book, Negan seems liked any old bad guy, even in the season finale his seemed like the biggest threat they faced but not one they couldn't defeat once they got on their feet. The writers needed Negan to break the spirits of the Survivors and the viewer, and they did just that. There was not an ounce of happiness or joy in this episode, no silver lining. One could even argue that they pushed the boundaries of televised story telling.

I liked well they illustrated Negan breaking the group and bringing them to heel, how he was more willing and able to ramp up the violence to get rid of the people with the strongest wills. Killed the biggest one first, the most undeserving one second, show the group what they'll have to endure for standing up to Negan - Glenn died because of Daryl's definition and Daryl's probably going to end up Dwight's personal bitch, Carl nearly lost an arm

Maggie's breakdown was the most tragic imo, you could see how she was blaming everything on herself. You could see what she was thinking without her actually saying it. She was left in a completly irrational state of mind, no one in the group has endured more loved ones dying in terrible ways at that moment her mind was completly gone.

Never have I liked so much something that also made me feel like absolute shit

Resident Cosplay Progressive

They stole the bat from Cactus Jack.

Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Fuck it. Killing Glenn was fanservice to comic readers. Not for shock value. If they really wanted shock - they would kill off Maggie/Michonne. Abe death's lame too - it was predictable. And for fuck sake where is point to change his death from Dwight and then kill him off couple episodes later. I'm so mad...

PS Atleast Anrew Lincoln did great job.
    Abe died as a bait and switch to make people think Glenn was safe yet again.

They did a great job with last nights episode but it really should have been the finale instead of the horrible attempted cliffhanger.

Did anyone else get annoyed at the start of the episode with Rick having flashes to the batting scene and feel like AMC were gona drag it AGAIN,

but then the episode came together nicely with him up on the Camper van having a short lived break down?

And negan shooting at him/taunting him from down below. That was some good tv

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Holy fucking shit. This is amazing

Wtf did I just watch... meh, I get keeping people on their toes, but sheesh... This show is getting too meta for me.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    One of my favorite TV episodes, ever.

They needed to set Negan apart from any other bad guy we've seen so far, for the Survivors, for Rick, for the viewer. We've had cannibals, we've has psychopaths, we've had rapists, we've had bandits. See the Survivors and viewers not familiar with the book, Negan seems liked any old bad guy, even in the season finale his seemed like the biggest threat they faced but not one they couldn't defeat once they got on their feet. The writers needed Negan to break the spirits of the Survivors and the viewer, and they did just that. There was not an ounce of happiness or joy in this episode, no silver lining. One could even argue that they pushed the boundaries of televised story telling.

I liked well they illustrated Negan breaking the group and bringing them to heel, how he was more willing and able to ramp up the violence to get rid of the people with the strongest wills. Killed the biggest one first, the most undeserving one second, show the group what they'll have to endure for standing up to Negan - Glenn died because of Daryl's definition and Daryl's probably going to end up Dwight's personal bitch, Carl nearly lost an arm

Maggie's breakdown was the most tragic imo, you could see how she was blaming everything on herself. You could see what she was thinking without her actually saying it. She was left in a completly irrational state of mind, no one in the group has endured more loved ones dying in terrible ways at that moment her mind was completly gone.

Never have I liked so much something that also made me feel like absolute shit

I think you're right, and it succeeded in what it had to do.

I'm not sure all that pop psychology would work in real life though. At most you could get the victim to pretend to agree with you meanwhile the victim is actually plotting your downfall. Skinner boxes don't work on humans especially on someone with such a strong will.

Some of our more warlike native American tribes, when one of theirs would get captured by the enemy they'd declare him dead and hold a funeral for him, that way the enemy couldn't use him as a hostage.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Did anyone else get annoyed at the start of the episode with Rick having flashes to the batting scene and feel like AMC were gona drag it AGAIN,

but then the episode came together nicely with him up on the Camper van having a short lived break down?

And negan shooting at him/taunting him from down below. That was some good tv
    Thats just the show being self-aware. They read the internet, they know how people reacted to finale, they know that during the break a lot people went back and read the comic to see who died in the book. Not showing who died right away was obviously (anti) fan service. Killing Abe was (anti) fan service, a lot of people unfamiliar with the book though it was going to (or just going to) be Abe because of how Abe acted in the finale and the final dialogue from Negan. Killing Abe was used to throw everyone off, even book readers, probably pissed off a bunch of book reads at that particular moment as well. Daryl being the one to retaliate against Negan was a nod at the fans because it seemed like Daryl was next with the way Negan had it set up and seeing that he killed Abe as well.

But if you watch the scene when Negan telling them that there would be consequences for Daryl's actions they made it obvious that Glenn was going to die and gave you just enough time for it to soak in. Its a beautiful shot with Glenn background-center and a full length shot of Negan in the foreground. Someone took their time to come up with the angle.

I forgot to mention Rick crying. It was so ugly, awkward, and anti-cinematic that it felt real.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I think you're right, and it succeeded in what it had to do.

I'm not sure all that pop psychology would work in real life though. At most you could get the victim to pretend to agree with you meanwhile the victim is actually plotting your downfall. Skinner boxes don't work on humans especially on someone with such a strong will.

Some of our more warlike native American tribes, when one of theirs would get captured by the enemy they'd declare him dead and hold a funeral for him, that way the enemy couldn't use him as a hostage.
    Well that was kind of Negan's thing and the point he wanted to make when he told Rick to cut off Carl's arm. The look that Rick was giving Negan (from Negan's perspective) was that last ounce of hope/revenge that Rick had left in him. Losing Abe sucked but Abe was a man who would take one for the team. Losing Glenn gave Rick a reason to fight. Negan saw that and then used Carl to completly break Rick.

You're point about the Native American's, I think thats coming. Unless Negan makes a point for the Survivors to see Daryl doing bad stuff that Negan is forcing him to do, I belive that the Survivors will presume him dead/lost.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

meh, never read the comics, but the show is really nothing but a ´bigger fish´ story. At first I thought the science and zombie stuff was interesting, then the survive and thrive was cool.. but now it is just wait for a bigger fish to come. Too much repetition.

Towards the end of the episode, I half expected Negan to throw Rick in a dungeon, cut his dick off and rename him Reek.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    meh, never read the comics, but the show is really nothing but a ´bigger fish´ story. At first I thought the science and zombie stuff was interesting, then the survive and thrive was cool.. but now it is just wait for a bigger fish to come. Too much repetition.
    I agree with this, it's getting a tired formula and throwing in a few kills of the OGs is not enough to liven things up imo.

Deleted
    The only thing that irritated me about this episodes was that once again we get shown that Zombies mean absolutely fuck all anymore.

Ricks running around with nothing just punching zombies left and right, before Negan comes in and mows down pack after pack.

And yet when they want to kill someone off, they'll bring out the ol ninja zombie again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that is another good point, I thought that whole scene was a bit ridiculous. I know they're bona fide zombie survivors but that was a bit much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cordrann View Post
    The whole concept of negan is ridiculous though. Who would follow a man like this? He would of been beaten to death or killed in his sleep within the first month of the apocalypse. Its not like the governor where he pretends to be a decent human being to his followers, he's just straight ruthless and his following is too large to be believable.
    History shows these sort of people can and in fact do gather these types of followings, I'm sure I don't have to name names when it comes to History of the last few hundred years to make my point. Hell, even some weird ass cults with incredible demands/rules become a thing... As they say, it takes all sorts to make the world go round.
    That aside, Negan wouldn't have started out as he has - Like Rick, time in the apocalypse will have built Negan into who he is. Negan would just have to have a very small following and things that people want to become what he has, several years into the apocalypse.
    This season will show the dynamics of Negans "Saviours", I dare say that'll clear up some of the questions about how and why people follow him. One small yet important aspect of it is that Negan guarantees you your 3 Meals per day if you're one of his Saviours and when food is becoming more and more scarce, that in itself is a lot to turn down. (I believe Dwight mentioned the 3 Square Meals when he met Daryl for the first time and thought he was a Saviour hunting him and th two women when they decided to leave).

Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Negan helps Maggie raise her kid as a show of respect towards the father, Glenn.

The kid is afraid of bats for some reason.