Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    World first players in Vanilla (and even early TBC) were clicking their spells, typing messages to other people during the boss attempt, keyboard turning, autoattacking and zoning out when they have abilities up, not using voicecom to coordinate things, etc.
    ^This.

I was going to type somthing out along the same lines. MMOs for many at the time were a new frontier.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    The more the game moves forward the farther from the Vanilla experience it gets.
    In retail its impossible to change LFR, LFG, Aggro management, Mana management, Transmog, epics rarity, server community, raid gating etc

And some people enjoy those aspects of the game.
    Server community was never a thing.
    I played in early tbc with all the community you talk about.

People were living in their own bubble and nothing else.
    Aggro management please give me a break there was no such thing ppl were just no capable of playing so you needed to hold back just cause the players around you sucked balls.
    Epic rarity.......... what does it matter if you wear green/blue/orange/purple item?
    Nothing items are tools for progression and nothing else they are not something that you should be proud of they are TOOLS.

Raids never were gated unless blizzard decided to put some artificial wall them selfs , it is the players 99% of the time that make the gates not the content.

LFG is amazing tool if used correctly any one who says otherwise just looks for something to be butthurt about.
    LFR i guess could go without that but honestly it is not mandatory content and you do not need to do it either way so it the grand scheme of things it does not matter one bit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post

Aggro management please give me a break there was no such thing ppl were just no capable of playing so you needed to hold back just cause the players around you sucked balls.
    Epic rarity.......... what does it matter if you wear green/blue/orange/purple item?
    Nothing items are tools for progression and nothing else they are not something that you should be proud of they are TOOLS.

Raids never were gated unless blizzard decided to put some artificial wall them selfs , it is the players 99% of the time that make the gates not the content.

LFG is amazing tool if used correctly any one who says otherwise just looks for something to be butthurt about.
    LFR i guess could go without that but honestly it is not mandatory content and you do not need to do it either way so it the grand scheme of things it does not matter one bit.
    Server community was never a thing? I remember clearly having Healers and Tanks in mt friends list, also another well known players with skill in case i ever needed them to group with.
    Server reputation was a thing because of "no lfr", "no lfg", "no crz".
    Also the fact that there was only one difficulty of raiding made you know the progression of different guilds from your server in order to compare your guild to everyone elses.

"Aggro management please give me a break there was no such thing"
    WTF, a Aggro addon was mandatory. Absolutely mandatory. Big huge deal back then. I could easily pull aggro from the pure DPS of my Rogue away from my Paladin main tank. Easily. If i wasnt careful i would die in every pull.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2016-10-26 at 09:05 PM.

Server community was never a thing? I remember clearly having Healers and Tanks in mt friends list, also another well known players with skill in case i ever needed them to group with.
    Server reputation was a thing because of "no lfr", "no lfg", "no crz".
    Also the fact that there was only one difficulty of raiding made you know the progression of different guilds from your server in order to compare your guild to everyone elses.

"Aggro management please give me a break there was no such thing"
    WTF, a Aggro addon was mandatory. Absolutely mandatory. Big huge deal back then. I could easily pull aggro from the pure DPS of my Rogue away from my Paladin main tank. Easily. If i wasnt careful i would die in every pull.
    Omen ............... oh omen how you are not missed.
    Again you played with very bad people if you were able to pull aggro from a paladin tank no ifs no butts it is that simple.

I have healers/dps and tank friends on my friend list still up to this date.
    I have not taken a break from this game since i started in early tbc.
    But unlike you my friend list actually expands and doesn't stay in the same bubble like you want.

Server reputation ................. please just no god oh no..........
    What does it matter if you have normal/heroic/mythic at the moment?

Apart from having options what is the problem?
    Not every one wants to put the time to raid mythic well they have hc they cant beat that?
    They have normal.

The only boss i haven't beaten on highest difficulty is Sinestra/Ragnaros due to Cataclysm just been god awful and couldn't be bothered to swap guilds at that time.
    There is plenty of content and good content coming on retail AGAIN STOP LIVING IN YOUR OWN PERSONAL BUBBLE and try new things.

Deleted
    Omen ............... oh omen how you are not missed.
    Again you played with very bad people if you were able to pull aggro from a paladin tank no ifs no butts it is that simple.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPLXCfcNDHQ&t=6m30s

"NO Tank could hold aggro of a DPS who was going all out. It was impossible"
    "Controlling your threat as a DPS'er was a huge deal"

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    I never played EQ, but from what I understand all that separates WoW from EQ was time. For example, it took hours for a boat to travel between continents when in WoW it's every few minutes. That's more of a quality of life than being casual. Also, just because WoW was made more "accessible" doesn't mean the game was originally meant for a casual audience. That's like taking a Vanilla pudding and then someone adds some cinnamon and now you declare it a cinnamon pudding. Nowadays Blizzard has been pouring so much Cinnamon that it really is a Cinnamon pudding. It's like the Cinnamon Challenge where it's making you want to throw up.
    Many people claim Vanilla was unforgiving in the world. Well take these things into consideration. When you died in EQ you lost experience first of all. Also you spawned no where near your corpse and to top that off you came back with no gear. Meaning you had to get back to your body or hope you got rezzed. Well the other problem is that rezzes didn't give you back full experience, if you were lucky you got 96% of the exp back. That is just the first problem, death was far more punishing than anything you've dealt with in WoW. Leveling took WAY longer in EQ than it ever did in WoW even during Vanilla's 'grind'. Early on in EQ there were things called 'hell levels' which boiled down to simple terms meant they just took far more exp to hit the next level than you were used to.

Another feature that was early on in EQ was that certain race/class combinations ALSO had an experience penalty. If you were playing an ogre you had a penalty, if you were playing a ShadowKnight another penalty. You were also Kill on Sight to many NPC factions and would take massive rep penalties just because of what you picked. Combat was also far more deadly...as an example you know how in some fights in Vanilla you pulled aggro and had a high risk of death? Well in EQ that was assured death, the boss would spin, 1 shot the offending fool and then go right back to what it was doing.

Another thing was mob trains. To explain this one, you know how in WoW you see a fight going bad and you turn and run? We'll use STV tigers, you know how you take off from them and maybe a few hundred yards later the mob leashes and leaves you be? Well in EQ the mob chased you the ENTIRE zone. So if shit was going bad and you did not want to suffer a massive EXP penalty you tried to run to the zone. If you made it, the mobs then started to make their way home, but they'd aggro and kill anyone in their path. Some trains were just a brutal path of death and you had to be constantly aware of what was going on.

EQ was a separation from WoW in time sure, but overall risk factor was higher and it was far more punishing for mistakes. EQ also had very painful keying systems to unlock other zones, it was one thing that separated the casuals from the dedicated raiders. There were certain zones people just could not even go to unless they did the raiding at the highest level. In WoW early on those existed to an extent but were no were near as punishing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyzr View Post
    At least you calmed down a bit.
    Give it a rest, Eleccybubb has been one of the most rational people in this entire thread and you obviouslly just drove by and fired a few shots at him for whatever reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPLXCfcNDHQ&t=6m30s

"NO Tank could hold aggro of a DPS who was going all out. It was impossible"
    "Controlling your threat as a DPS'er was a huge deal"
    Did you really link me a Preach video?
    While i find his videos entertaining from time to time they are not the WoW GOSPEL and this is enough for me to repeat my self.
    You didn't play with very good players if you pulled aggro from a paladin tank.

Considering mds/tricks and all that jazz .........

I do like all the people shitting on vanilla servers and how they should never happen. What is it to you people? Blizzard putting people on this project wont make wow any less shity, it will only draw in more players back to the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I do like all the people shitting on vanilla servers and how they should never happen. What is it to you people? Blizzard putting people on this project wont make wow any less shity, it will only draw in more players back to the game.
    That is untrue, as you have to get those employees from SOMEWHERE, so you can relate it to meaning less work on content for the live version of WoW, which is what the majority play and would play.

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    That is untrue, as you have to get those employees from SOMEWHERE, so you can relate it to meaning less work on content for the live version of WoW, which is what the majority play and would play.
    Not nesc true, they can be pulled from other stagnant projects like diablo or others. You can also hire more. And whos to say the population for vanilla servers wouldnt rival that of live servers? Blizzard is to afraid to even post current sub numbers anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobblo View Post
    My statement stated there was no evidence. Your statement is not evidence. Now, i think you are referring to one whole video of the world first Ragnaros kill.
    On Drama's WF Nefarian you can literally see people typing in party chat "there must be another stage, this is too easy". Kungen didn't play optimally or use voice chat on the WF Magtheridon. Nihilum's OTs are making errors like taking unnecessary autoattacks from the Guardians of Icecrown in the back instead of running properly in the WF Kel'Thuzad.

Raiders in classic WoW quite obviously did not prepare or execute at the level of modern hardcore raiding guilds - in part because there was no need to, as tuning and execution checks barely existed.

Considering mds/tricks and all that jazz .........
    Should someone tell this guy misdirection and tricks of the trade didn't exist in vanilla? I mean, I can tell him if no one else wants to.

Quote Originally Posted by devven9 View Post
    Should someone tell this guy misdirection and tricks of the trade didn't exist in vanilla? I mean, I can tell him if no one else wants to.
    We are talking TBC mate learn to read everything not what ever you like.

Deleted
    We are talking TBC mate learn to read everything not what ever you like.
    Were we talking about TBC? Did tricks of the trade exist in TBC?
    This conversation is getting weird xD
    But even in TBC aggro was a thing. Specially with Pala Tanks.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2016-10-27 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    ^This.

I was going to type somthing out along the same lines. MMOs for many at the time were a new frontier.
    Even going back, as a much better player I still found nost challenging.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Blizzard is to afraid to even post current sub numbers anymore.
    Yeah. "Afraid". Love the baseless, completely unbiased assumption about Blizzard's reasons to no longer post sub numbers. (/sarcasm).

Honestly, though, I think you can make your arguments with less inane assumptions, please. Also, how do you know for sure that the Diablo franchise is 'stagnant'?

I will probably get lynched for asking, but what is the appeal of Classic WoW?

I have played since then and the game has its problems now still. But there is no way I would want to play in Classic conditions ever again.

I have nostalgia thinking back to it, but that was because WoW was my first MMO and all new and exciting to me, like when I first played Ocarina of Time or Baldurs Gate I, II.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Yeah. "Afraid". Love the baseless, completely unbiased assumption about Blizzard's reasons to no longer post sub numbers. (/sarcasm).

Honestly, though, I think you can make your arguments with less inane assumptions, please. Also, how do you know for sure that the Diablo franchise is 'stagnant'?
    Since diablo 2 has a higher average population than d3 does?

And what do you think the reason they stopped reporting sub numbers to the public. we saw almost 2 years of sub numbers dive and then when it hit what 4million they said they are no longer publicly reporting it? If you think there is any other reason besides them hiding how low its getting your a fool.

Sorry but they have plenty of money, and plenty of resources to make these realms a thing and it wont detract from thier other games at all.

People saying they wish it would never happen are just trying to shit in other peoples cheerios.

Since diablo 2 has a higher average population than d3 does?

And what do you think the reason they stopped reporting sub numbers to the public. we saw almost 2 years of sub numbers dive and then when it hit what 4million they said they are no longer publicly reporting it? If you think there is any other reason besides them hiding how low its getting your a fool.

Sorry but they have plenty of money, and plenty of resources to make these realms a thing and it wont detract from thier other games at all.

People saying they wish it would never happen are just trying to shit in other peoples cheerios.
    Diablo 2 has a higher average population than d3? Based on what? I've not seen any data to indicate that.

They likely stopped reporting sub numbers because people cause drama over them, I mean look at how much of a big deal sub numbers are to you! Also they are making more money than purely subs from wow because of the shop, game tokens and so on.

Oh just because they have plenty of money and resources they should just throw it in a money bit because Zeta333 says it won't detract from their other games! You need to get to Blizzard right now with your ideas!!

We have plenty of fucking reasons for not wanting Blizz to do Legacy servers and it gets quite boring replying to the same type of post over the 1600 pages.

Do you actually think that if you post something you clearly didn't experience that people are going to believe you? Server community never a thing? Sure there were jerks then like there are now but if you got blacklisted for bad behavior or being a jerk you were done. The best players on a server were known. I had my pvp enemies and our guild KOS list. I doubt those even exist anymore.

Are you joking about about the aggro management because you are just making it up. I was on the highest progression TBC guild on our server. We had a great paly tank named Christof. As a pure DPS class you needed to start slow and watch the threat meters. Thats right the threat meters. Not the DPS meter. I needed to shatter more often than not and if he was picking up adds you needed to hold off before you started seeding. Why? Because if you didn't you were about to have ten things on you that could one shot you. DPS was hard to control and Brutalis was an excellent example. They put a DPS hardwall boss in the game that was slightly easier to hold aggro on. Your DPS needed to burn and if they couldn't Brutalis would wipe the raid. A boss mechanic like that was put in just to see if the tank could struggle WITH HELP to hold threat while the DPS went all out. Without the buff Brutalis would have lost agro on the tank and it would have been over. http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Brutallus

Read the second bullet and you will see what they did with Taunt on Brutalis. The taunts magnafied the threat instead of being a temporary increase to threat. Back in TBC you could not taunt a boss for threat. They put this in just so you could go all out on DPS. Go read any strat guide for a boss in TBC. They always list tips: don't blow CD too quickly or the tank will lose threat.

So yeah, as you can tell from Brutalis even Blizz thinks you are full of s#17.
    Last edited by Sabever; 2016-10-27 at 03:44 AM.