Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    And another one who is not able to grasp that not the BEST loot is requested, but PROGRESSION. Like getting a +1 increase to your overall item level now and then because you get some pieces with +5 bonus.
    Titanforging, Obliterum upgrades.

You can't possibly tell me you have a casual schedule and full 7/7 Obliterum (or 8/8 now).
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    You asked and then answered own question lol.
    Rhetorical question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    Wanna know what makes me Chuckle? Dudes that are lazy, Dont want to work and think they should get better loot because they cant grow up and want to sit & play video games for 12 hours a day and think the hard working man that pays taxes, works should sit at the back of the bus.
    That feel when less than a handful of hours a week gets you 870.

Get good.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    This explanation is utterly implausible. It requires that players who could not or would not do hard content -- the vast majority of players WoW has ever had -- would quit if the content were tuned closer to what they could do.

A far more reasonable explanation is that Blizzard's insistence on including difficult versions of content destroys the ego value of the game for most players who won't be doing that content. When the game is designed to tell the great majority of its players that they suck and should feel bad, don't be surprised if they don't stick around for long.

But let's look at one implication of your theory there. You are saying that hardcore players will quit if the game tries to cater to anyone else, even if it still has difficult modes. "Serve us and no one else!" is the message you are saying they're sending. Faced with that, and given the small number of actual hardcores, the rational response would be for Blizzard to take these hardcore subs and flush them down the toilet.
    You do realize that its the hardcore players who enable the casual players to have content / a game in the first place right?

Its called trickle down game playing.

The hardcores get catered to, and the casuals have something to aspire to.

If casuals have nothing/ no one to look up to then interest declines, and subs fall since they can consume all the easy content (in your fantasy land scenario) in a matter of days / weeks. Oh where the fuck is the content Blizz!?!?! Ive already consumed it all, and since there is no other difficulties to master, i guess I quit! (speaking as Johnny Q. Casual).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Why do 12 year olds need black belts (and like 17 different colors to get there)? Think about it, and you will know why casuals get gear.
    No reputable Dojo just hands out Black Belts.

- - - Updated - - -

But let's look at one implication of your theory there. You are saying that hardcore players will quit if the game tries to cater to anyone else, even if it still has difficult modes. "Serve us and no one else!" is the message you are saying they're sending. Faced with that, and given the small number of actual hardcores, the rational response would be for Blizzard to take these hardcore subs and flush them down the toilet.
    The game shouldn't cater to shit players, but it should cater to casuals.

There's a very big difference there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    Wanna know what makes me Chuckle? Dudes that are lazy, Dont want to work and think they should get better loot because they cant grow up and want to sit & play video games for 12 hours a day and think the hard working man that pays taxes, works should sit at the back of the bus.
    So you are mad that you actually have to put minimal effort into getting gear instead of clicking a button to get loot?

I'm surprised that Mr. Taxpayer would say that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by hammbone View Post
    I got triggered when I read the latest Q&A and this guy is asking blizz why he can't get higher than 850 without going into dungeons? He goes on to say that they need a "casual in their office telling them every day that he has nothing to do". If you don't want to do instanced PvE or PvP YOU DON'T NEED GEAR! If you are really that "casual" why do you need a HARDCORE ILVL!?!? go farm mounts or pets or xmogs or does that require an 880 ilvl? If you don't want to play WoW than don't play WoW don't whine and complain that it isn't Hello Kitty Island Adventure. I work AND go to school full time and I'm 855 ilvl and ready for karazan tomorrow. I'm a casual by my own definition and I never feel entitled to gear.

TLR Want gear? Get good. You don't deserve anything from WQ.
    I mean uhhh, as far as I'm concerned, if someones not going into an instance (arena/battleground/dungeon/or raid), they aren't even a casual to me. You can't even say that you are anything by just leveling up to 110 and doing world quests... I consider myself a casual.. and I've cleared normal EN each week, have cleared kara, etc.. so to me.. just because you did world quests, it doesn't mean jack shit. You aren't even playing the game unless you go into an instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    You do realize that its the hardcore players who enable the casual players to have content / a game in the first place right?
    No, I don't realize that, because it's nonsensical bullshit. There is absolutely nothing about the presence of hardcore players that is necessary for Blizzard to make content.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Wrong, hardcore players do not enable anything since AQ opening.

If casuals have nothing/ no one to look up to then interest declines, and subs fall since they can consume all the easy content (in your fantasy land scenario) in a matter of days / weeks.
    True, Blizzard pushing every player through the content at same time is what cause this. (ignore difficulties)
    Casual raiders are happy with clearing it on lesser difficulties, or at a much later time when they overgear the content.

Oh where the fuck is the content Blizz!?!?! Ive already consumed it all, and since there is no other difficulties to master, i guess I quit! (speaking as Johnny Q. Casual).
    When casuals or raiders whine about lack of content, it is not because of difficulty settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    The game shouldn't cater to shit players, but it should cater to casuals.

There's a very big difference there.
    The game should cater to the massive center of its audience, which is "shit" compared to the top players that keep clamoring for all the dev love.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

Everyone pays to play this game, so paying wont give you items and gear and doesnt give you the right to anything, paying just gives you the right to play this game NOTHING MORE, people these days want everything handed to them, its crazy, you cant get the same gear doing nothing when another person did a lot of grinding and different things to get that gear, gear isnt and shouldnt be handed to anyone, otherwise the "reward" feeling would be gone long time ago

Deleted

Question: What purpose does gear serve a casual who only does world quests and chooses not to raid? So they can kill those nasty 1m health mobs a fraction of a second faster? This question still hasn't been answered through this whole thread.
    Yes, they want to kill quest mob faster. Same as raiders who want to kill raid boss faster.
    Is it really that hard to understand all players have same goals, only on different scales?

so you are a casual. thats what i see here.

Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    Yes, they want to kill quest mob faster. Same as raiders who want to kill raid boss faster.
    Is it really that hard to understand all players have same goals, only on different scales?
    Are you really comparing a mob with a raid boss? this is so funny and crazy in many levels, anyway, all pve players have the same goals, the difference is that casuals want everything handed to them without doing anything, if you get more gear you are able to do more difficult content and that way you feel you are progressing with your character, since the rewards are better, but hey, they are just so afraid of everything so they will just shout at blizz so they can get good gear for free, no thanks, they must stop being afraid of the "Mythic" word in something and they must get out of their world quests bubble

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    Get good.
    What it always comes down to with the tryhards, although you spelled the last word wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    they must stop being afraid of the "Mythic" word
    No one's afraid of the "Mythic" word. People are afraid of the assholes who have made Group Finder their home, because most well-adjusted humans don't like sharing their game experience with raging nutbags.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    What it always comes down to with the tryhards, although you spelled the last word wrong.
    Not a lot of effort required to get to 870, so yeah, it does come down to not being bad.

Sorry if that offends you (well, not really).

Why is this an argument? The people that complain about loot when they refuse to raid to progress into higher M+ don't deserve better loot. They have access to the same gear as everyone else, they just refuse to go and obtain it. That's like saying you want $10,000 so someone should just give it to you. Everyone has access to money, some people have it easier depending on their skill set, while others have to work harder. People who run dungeons/raids put more effort into the game than someone who logs on for an hour to do a couple world quests and pet battles. Why should people have their time devalued because you refuse to put more time in. The casual base is absolutely awful at understanding how rewards work and think because it's a game that they should be handed everything they want for $15 a month. When I say casual, I mean people who have no desire to progress their character and want to be handed everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Traxwow View Post
    Why is this an argument? The people that complain about loot when they refuse to raid to progress into higher M+ don't deserve better loot.
    The game isn't (and shouldn't be) designed based on a moral calculus of who deserves what, but rather on the basis of what retains subs. This may have nothing to do with notions of just reward.

Deleted
    The game isn't (and shouldn't be) designed based on a moral calculus of who deserves what, but rather on the basis of what retains subs. This may have nothing to do with notions of just reward.
    So very true.
    What's important and is missing is player retention.
    Stuff like fun, immersion, nerdgasms, feeling of acomplishment etc

People dont need gear, they need emotional connection to the game and fun.

Rhetorical question.
    So you know killing things faster is always preferable in every level of the game then and that is achieved via better gear? Why are you in this thread then?