Page 1 of 28
... LastLast
    Deleted

I think Blizzard are overestimating how many people actually Mythic

Or even raid...

90% of 7.1 is Mythic and Raid content and though I don't begrudge Blizzard adding content for Mythics and Raids but I worry they may be overestimating the numbers that actually do this regular. Now I know a number will say "If you don't like raiding then quit" and granted I imagine many well but that attitude will just cause massive sub drops and less $ for content

eng game content with groups is what an mmo is about. if you really dislike the other players of wow that much and donty want to do mythics, please find a single player game you like and go play that. skyrim is out again and thats still fun.

this is an mmo, play with others or kindly go elsewhere

Mythic Dungeons are the old Heroic Dungeons. They're super easy, and literally require just a small amount of brain power to complete. People whining about Mythic being the end-game are being pathetic, because Mythic sounds scary, let's all be terrified.

Mythic is piss. Just do it, get a guild group if you have too, and wreck it. I honestly do Mythics without a Healer most of the time, we go in as a guild group and our Druid just nukes 99% of the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Or even raid...

90% of 7.1 is Mythic and Raid content and though I don't begrudge Blizzard adding content for Mythics and Raids but I worry they may be overestimating the numbers that actually do this regular. Now I know a number will say "If you don't like raiding then quit" and granted I imagine many well but that attitude will just cause massive sub drops and less $ for content
    They don't overestimate jack. They *know*
    They have all the numbers and feedback.

They also have a vision of which way they want to drive the development of the game. Right now it seems to be towards "small group content" since various 5-man difficulties have been in the front seat this expac. In WoD is was very much 20-man mythic raiding.

The only people estimating are people posting in forums. We know nothing (Jon Snow).

What content would you like to see then? More WQuests for casuals? More Battle pets for Pokemon fans?

Or even raid...

So tell us, what else is there to add. New Quest Hubs with more quests? Outside of raids and Mythic's that really all there is left. Blizz was clear before launch there would be some Mythic only 5 mans, it should not be a shock.

7+ Year Old Account
    Where did you get the 90% figure tho?
    It's Kata(and attunement quests) and Trial of Valor(which will have casual LFR too).
    While for non raid/mythic content there is:
    A lot new world quests, suramar weekly quest chain leading up to the NH release, Illidan new quest, the falcosaurus pet/mount quest chains (about 60 different quest total, tho 15 types), new First Aid and Cooking stuff, worldquest gear iLvL raised to 840+.

There is also the Nagrand arena update to which you would probably say "lol pvp in 2016 kek". But in my opinion it is really nice.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    They know that very few people actually run Mythic dungeons. The problem was that Karazhan was already done and they didn't want to dump MORE resources into it and look bad by changing their plans by making a heroic difficulty for it. I honestly doubt we'll see more Mythic only dungeons in future patches for Legion. If anything we'll see Mythic added to the group finder and either Heroic or Normal 5-mans phased out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Mythic Dungeons are the old Heroic Dungeons. They're super easy, and literally require just a small amount of brain power to complete. People whining about Mythic being the end-game are being pathetic, because Mythic sounds scary, let's all be terrified.

Mythic is piss. Just do it, get a guild group if you have too, and wreck it. I honestly do Mythics without a Healer most of the time, we go in as a guild group and our Druid just nukes 99% of the time.
    Mythic is easy if you're in a guild that runs them. If you're not at this point though, good luck. I have no problem running Mythics, but I'm painfully aware of how inaccessible they are to average players especially if those players didn't pick the right class/spec.

3 boss and 1 dungeon are 90% of a patch? lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Such a rational observation, OP. I guess. Be sure to share it with Blizzard they're doing it wrong.

I am pretty sure their change is philosophy did not come from guestimating.
    They have been experimenting with more difficult small group content for a while now and keep pushing it. As long as we dont see them making a Uturn on this, I think its safe to asume that people are actually staying in the game longer, when there is challenging 5 man content available.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    They know that very few people actually run Mythic dungeons. The problem was that Karazhan was already done and they didn't want to dump MORE resources into it and look bad by changing their plans by making a heroic difficulty for it. I honestly doubt we'll see more Mythic only dungeons in future patches for Legion. If anything we'll see Mythic added to the group finder and either Heroic or Normal 5-mans phased out.

Mythic is easy if you're in a guild that runs them. If you're not at this point though, good luck. I have no problem running Mythics, but I'm painfully aware of how inaccessible they are to average players especially if those players didn't pick the right class/spec.
    Didn't they say in the Q&A's that future dungeons will be mythic only so that the gear they reward could be relevant and the difficulty can be made for the patch they are added in? Also, mythics aren't that difficult, its just the casuals yelling they cant do it because they can q for it.

What are you talking about, very big amounts of people do raids and/or mythic dungeons. Even in RP guilds there's people doing them (the dungeons).

10+ Year Old Account
    ... but that attitude will just cause massive sub drops and less $ for content
    Oh well, happy to take the risk.

Play something you enjoy since WoW is so unenjoyable right now.

Stick it to those corporate fat cats.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    They don't overestimate jack. They *know* They have all the numbers and feedback.They also have a vision of which way they want to drive the development of the game. Right now it seems to be towards "small group content" since various 5-man difficulties have been in the front seat this expac. In WoD is was very much 20-man mythic raiding.The only people estimating are people posting in forums. We know nothing (Jon Snow).
    well we all know what blizzard do with there feedback just ask the warrior community, they dnt do jackshit with feedback

Deleted
    I think people overestimate how "hard" mythic dungeons are.

Hint: They're not hard.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    "Overestimate"? That is funny giving that Blizzard collects all the numbers. They are not estimating. They certainly know it down to the last digit.
    It would be pretty interesting if MMO Champ did one of their infomercial doodads on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangymew View Post
    I think people overestimate how "hard" mythic dungeons are.

Hint: They're not hard.
    Kara is slightly overtuned but to be fair that's a good thing. Means people can't just steamroll their way through straight away.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    "Overestimate"? That is funny giving that Blizzard collects all the numbers. They are not estimating. They certainly know it down to the last digit.
    This. Feedback is one thing but knowing how many people are doing Mythics is certainly something they know.

I mean, they've posted statistics like "this specific roaming elite has killed this exact number of players since Legion launched", I think they can tell how many people have run Mythic dungeons how many times.

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    well we all know what blizzard do with there feedback just ask the warrior community, they dnt do jackshit with feedback
    Because listening exclusively to feedback without taking a look at raw data is stupid.

Every class cries how shit their class/spec is, if you would actually do what every class asks for, you would have insanely broken classes all around.