Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    No. But you are the people picketing outside the store shouting abuse at the others who you judge are undeserving.
    If anything you lot are the planned parenthood protesters. "casual" no progress shitters are the westboro baptist church of gamers.

Game: "Group up, do X and recieve Y"
    You: "We don't want to group up, or do X, and we'll whine until you give us Y"
    Us: "No, fuck off. You don't get Y if you don't group up and do X"

This is how all these threads go, have gone, and will go
    Last edited by kary; 2016-10-29 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Why did you "sidestep" the questions "what if you weren't entitled/lazy?"
    Because I'm neither entitled nor lazy, so that question has no relevance to me. I have never expected reward without effort, or service without cost. I'm not even subbed at the moment, gear means nothing to me. Try an argument that's not just throwing ad hominem blindly and hoping it sticks.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispraise View Post
    Because I'm neither entitled nor lazy, so that question has no relevance to me. I have never expected reward without effort, or service without cost. I'm not even subbed at the moment, gear means nothing to me. Try an argument that's not just throwing ad hominem blindly and hoping it sticks.
    *yawn*
    Why are you even here, then? To play devil's advocate? To increase your post count? I'm curious.

Also, FYI, neither lazy nor entitled are attacks

entitled
    ɪnˈtʌɪt(ə)ld/
    adjective
    believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.

lazy
    ˈleɪzi/Submit
    adjective
    unwilling to work or use energy.

It is, however, what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Traxwow View Post
    858ilvl, clears normal and m2-4. m2-4 drops 845-855 baseline. Expects titanforged gear. Lazy people don't deserve better loot. Lazy people will always complain that they aren't getting loot. Casuals wanting better loot that out-scales content they do are lazy. Sorry, but you don't need that loot, nor do you deserve it, because you haven't earned it. Want to buy it? WoW tokens are about $15 and they go for something around 30-40k on US servers. Pick up about 100 of them and you can afford to buy mythic BoEs that people got from not being lazy.
    Yes, RNG factors in laziness. I'll keep that in mind next time a world quest rolls up an 865 for me.

This thread should have been locked long ago.

Why are you even here, then?
    I'm in this thread because the topic asked a question to which I provided an answer. I'm on these forums because I've been a part of this community in some form or another for close to a decade, and despite not playing at the moment, I have a vested interest in the direction the game takes.

What an enormously silly thing to ask.

Also, FYI, neither lazy nor entitled are attacks
    Spare me. I needn't ask why you are here. That is more than readily apparent.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispraise View Post
    I'm in this thread because the topic asked a question to which I provided an answer. I'm on these forums because I've been a part of this community in some form or another for close to a decade, and despite not playing at the moment, I have a vested interest in the direction the game takes.

What an enormously silly thing to ask.

Spare me. I needn't ask why you are here. That is more than readily apparent.
    So post count, then. Cool.
    It's not like anything on MMO-Champ actually matters, WoW forums are that way, though I guess you can't post in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    You COULD play with a casual guild and have ilvl greater than that. No odiousness need be tolerated.

Go to a sufficiently high ilvl and you'll see "sorry, you're bad so you're getting sat", but 855 isn't the boundary where that kicks in, if you play in such a guild.
    Happy just pottering about as i am just now. Most raiders on these forums are insufferable snobs and that is enough to put me right off. I know there are plenty raiders who aren't raging egomaniacs but finding such a guild seems like such a nuisance.

Why do you people refuse to retire this retarded af argument? jesus christ.
    The game is PvE. You get PvE gear from raiding. World content is also PvE. The gear you get from PvE is usable in all other PvE situations. Get over your feelings of inadequacy.
    Probably because you people refuse to retire the same "retarded AF" arguments. Any inadequacy I've read in this thread hasn't been coming from the casuals. There's a certain hardcore mentality that's firmly rooted in a need to be a special snowflake and have rewards that carry over to every aspect of the game even though the same isn't true for any other playstyle. I'd wager most casuals wouldn't care as much about gear if WoW offered any other means of character progression at end game whereas that snowflake syndrome's going to carry over to everything no matter what.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Probably because you people refuse to retire the same "retarded AF" arguments. Any inadequacy I've read in this thread hasn't been coming from the casuals. There's a certain hardcore mentality that's firmly rooted in a need to be a special snowflake and have rewards that carry over to every aspect of the game even though the same isn't true for any other playstyle. I'd wager most casuals wouldn't care as much about gear if WoW offered any other means of character progression at end game whereas that snowflake syndrome's going to carry over to everything no matter what.
    Just because you don't want to step in instanced content doesn't mean that instanced content rewards should be nerfed.
    You're the one trying to be a special snowflake, lol. You're the one "suggesting" things change because you're unwilling to do things by the traditional means.
    Gear and progressing to get gear has been what this game is about. If bad players refuse to understand that, there are a lot of other games that they should play.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    If people enjoy a game for reasons you don't understand, that's for you to figure out.
    People playing a game in a way different than it was designed, and then complaining about.... that needs to be figured out. I don't need/want to figure them out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    "Change this multiplayer game to single-player to suit me!"
    Yep, that's basically what the complaint reads as to me as well. People buy a multiplayer game and then complain that the bulk of the content is multiplayer related. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post

Yep, that's basically what the complaint reads as to me as well. People buy a multiplayer game and then complain that the bulk of the content is multiplayer related. Good stuff.
    People who buy a MMO (massively multiplayer) game and think it's just a multiplayer game, I can't figure that out either. There's a huge difference between multiplayer and massively multiplayer. Google is your friend.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chipwood View Post
    People who buy a MMO (massively multiplayer) game and think it's just a multiplayer game, I can't figure that out either.
    Yeah, I don't get that either. Personally, I expected there to be some solo content in WoW, just like there has been in every other mmo I have ever played. At the same time, I fully expected the best gear/rewards to be gated behind group play. People not understanding that is the mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    "Change this multiplayer game to single-player to suit me!"
    "force everyone to be social because i am too lazy to do it myself."
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I think this is just a rage and rant thread without any substance at all. You are just like that asking that question in the Q&A.

Oh well, have fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chipwood View Post
    People who buy a MMO (massively multiplayer) game and think it's just a multiplayer game, I can't figure that out either. There's a huge difference between multiplayer and massively multiplayer. Google is your friend.
    I am sorry but you got worst explain in years for what MMO stands.

I would like to try to explain the term MMO for a few peoples as simple as possible:

MMO = Massive Multiplayer Online

Please notice, this definition does not mean:
    - group based
    - raid based
    - guild based

It only means an online game with technical possibility to have a massive number of players in same time in game. This does not means also it has to be PVP, or faction based or any kind of group based. Also this can be a full solo game online w/o basic interaction between peoples.

Also "multiplayer" does NOT mean PVP.

I do not understand why the first reason on all dungeons/raids fire topics starts from premise that "it's an MMO".

Also, you can check wikipedia or history of gaming, to see from where this terms comes.

Just because you don't want to step in instanced content doesn't mean that instanced content rewards should be nerfed.
    You're the one trying to be a special snowflake, lol. You're the one "suggesting" things change because you're unwilling to do things by the traditional means.
    Gear and progressing to get gear has been what this game is about. If bad players refuse to understand that, there are a lot of other games that they should play.
    I never said they should be nerfed, but there should be multiple means of progression to accommodate differing playstyles.

I'm not trying to be anything and if the only way you can strengthen your argument is by making false (and condescending) assumptions about the person you disagree with then you don't have much of one.
    Last edited by Lane; 2016-10-29 at 06:58 PM. Reason: typo
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by NightGamer View Post
    It only means an online game with technical possibility to have a massive number of players in same time in game.
    By this definition, Smash 4 is an MMO because there is a massive number of players playing online at the same time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    By this definition, Smash 4 is an MMO because there is a massive number of players playing online at the same time.

Never played Smash4 but if fallows the definition then it is.