Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Wealth creates wealth of course.

Beyond that I never said all of Trump's supporters were "white trash," but certainly Trump has a much, much, much higher percentage of the "white trash" vote than Clinton does, obviously.
    I need some kind of argument or logic or evidence. Especially given I already put up some against what you're trying to push.
    Last edited by Kraenen; 2016-10-29 at 09:23 PM.

love this. Nothing to see here, she released all the emails...

interviewer: if Hillary would have released all the emails from the get go...

Biden: well that's true, but we don't know where the leak came from

interviewer: apparently Anthony Weiner

Biden: well...oh god...oh god....

Priceless
    Last edited by anyaka21; 2016-10-29 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    a) you can't help but post unjustified insults, can you?

b) no - I don't hate "low-income Rural white people". I hate Racist Assholes - regardless of class or skin color, and not everybody that's low-income, white and rural is a racist asshole. This is why I specified "racist/sexist white trash".

c) Please do not assume all label all low-income rural white people as Racist assholes. I have family who are in such a bracket of being white, low income (retired) and rural, and they're also happily voting for Hillary. In fact, I fear for their safety as their neighbors are of the "deplorable" category and have already made threats to them if Hillary wins.
    Just to be clear, "white trash" is a racial slur. It's not targeted at "racist assholes" - it's targeted at low class whites. This is the equivalent of saying, "I don't hate all wetbacks, just the wetbacks that have political views I don't like".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I grew up in a rural white trailer park, now I own a half a million dollar home. Mvallas is right, stop playing the white victimhood card, it is a pathetic hand. At a certain point in life you have to put on the big boy pants and accept that not everything is an attack in your skin color and your position in life is due to personal choices and not some conspiracy to throw you down based on your whiteness.
    I dearly wish that people would put on their big boy pants and stop believing that everything is an attack on skin color. I hardly think someone pushing modern Democrat party politics wants to go down that road though.

In @mvallas's case though, "white trash" is an explicitly racial slur, targeted at low-class whites. This really isn't playing any victimhood card, it's saying, "wow, you probably really have some animus group if you insist on using their ethnic slurs when they don't vote how you like".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Why an average? I thought we were talking about Trump and Hillary? In this cycle Trump bags the uneducated easily.
    Would you actually bet any money on that? I would wager that high school dropouts and the lowest income brackets will break Democrat as they usually do.

Gotta love all the Democrats screaming conspiracy about this, hahaha. Conspiracies don't exist except when they supposedly do.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Are conservatives in the US really so desperate now that all they have is unhinged rants and conspiracy theories?

Would love to see some proof of your claims, just once would be such a nice change of pace.
    Conspiracy theories? We already know she mishandled classified material, they just couldn't proof criminal intent. I fail to see how this is a harebrained conspiracy theory.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    Gotta love all the Democrats screaming conspiracy about this, hahaha. Conspiracies don't exist except when they supposedly do.
    They were complaining about election rigging before Trump was, i.e. Russia. Just in line with their stupidity.
    As a warrior, one of our most crucial tasks is... protection. We are the shield of the Horde, and we keep our weaker brethren safe. If you are to join in our ranks, then you must prove your mettle to me. -Veteran Uzzek

10+ Year Old Account
    Not unless you inherited your wealth or got extremely lucky. That definitely explains the income skew among Trump voters, and the education gap speaks for itself.

Once again, none of this is surprising considering the Republicans have admitted to building a coalition of bigots and morons (via the Southern Strategy) for the votes they can't outright steal.
    Honestly, I don't understand how anyone with a degree can vote for Trump. This guy stands against everything related to intellectualism, and people with degrees usually put a lot of importance in intellectualism. It is almost as if a professional physicist was voting for a person who believes the Earth is flat; simply doesn't seem possible. Am I missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ControlWarrior View Post
    election rigging before Trump
    The thing about it is there are legitimate concerns about little Donny Dumps ties to Russia, especially as he has been caught multiple times shilling for Putin. No one would put it past Russia to try to interfere with our elections, but people who actually care about this country won't be too keen to go along with that bullshit.

On the other hand we have Dump himself ranting about "2nd amendment solutions" and not accepting the results of the election unless he wins. Real talk: Republican voters (who again tend to be more religious and less educated than Independents and Democrats) are getting played even harder this election than they ever have before, and that's saying something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Honestly, I don't understand how anyone with a degree can vote for Trump. This guy stands against everything related to intellectualism, and people with degrees usually put a lot of importance in intellectualism. It is almost as if a professional physicist was voting for a person who believes the Earth is flat; simply doesn't seem possible. Am I missing something?
    The umbrella of racism, sexism, homophobia and religiosity that make people vote against their own interests and actively try to harm others in their own society.

Republicans have made a science out of playing these dregs for their votes and making up the rest with mass voter disfranchisement of US citizens.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

10+ Year Old Account
    The umbrella of racism, sexism, homophobia and religiosity that make people vote against their own interests and actively try to harm others in their own society.

Republicans have made a science out of playing these dregs for their votes and making up the rest with mass voter disfranchisement of US citizens.
    I don't know. One of my former roommates was a hardcore Republican, and he didn't have much good to say about Democrats - but even he said that Trump is an abomination and he would vote for the Democrat candidate. And I've seen this attitude a lot among the people with higher education. I literally don't know a single person personally willing to vote for Trump, and among those I know there are quite a few Republican-leaning people.

Maybe educated people usually are just ashamed to admit that they support Trump? But then, the question is: if they are so ashamed of supporting him, then why do they support him? It just doesn't make sense...
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    She is going to shut down the plane or is Russia going to violate a no fly zone. If Russia needs to be given Syria because they don't support terrorists, what exactly would be the point of violating a no fly zone?

See, I don't think she or anyone else would give an order to shut the plane down, but will use it to show Russia cannot be trusted.
    a bullshit no fly zone installed after the russians were already IN the fucking airspace?
    surely you arent that stupid

Infracted - Flaming
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2016-10-30 at 05:07 AM.

I don't know. One of my former roommates was a hardcore Republican, and he didn't have much good to say about Democrats - but even he said that Trump is an abomination and he would vote for the Democrat candidate. And I've seen this attitude a lot among the people with higher education. I literally don't know a single person personally willing to vote for Trump, and among those I know there are quite a few Republican-leaning people.

Maybe educated people usually are just ashamed to admit that they support Trump? But then, the question is: if they are so ashamed of supporting him, then why do they support him? It just doesn't make sense...
    Your personal experiences of a ex room mate hardly count for anything when talking about this many people.

Stop trying to pin agendas on everyone and just face the facts theres a lot of SERIOUS problems in the country/world and people are sick of it. Bernie and Trump represented both sides of this unsettlement with the establishment

- - - Updated - - -

So anything concrete come up from the emails yet. Lets not get distracted by white noise on both sides and just look at the facts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Your personal experiences of a ex room mate hardly count for anything when talking about this many people.

Stop trying to pin agendas on everyone and just face the facts theres a lot of SERIOUS problems in the country/world and people are sick of it. Bernie and Trump represented both sides of this unsettlement with the establishment

- - - Updated - - -

So anything concrete come up from the emails yet. Lets not get distracted by white noise on both sides and just look at the facts
    I didn't claim my experiences proved anything, but they are demonstrating my point: Trump and being intelligent and educated aren't compatible, on many levels. I genuinely do not understand the reasoning behind anyone smart and educated going ahead and voting for him. It makes zero sense to me.

Problems or not, you can't just grab a hammer and start hitting your desktop case, hoping that it will fix something. You need a bit more intelligent approach, and it is anything but Trump. Bernie does fit into it somewhat, although still not quite. And even if someone hates Clinton and would never vote for her, why vote for Trump still? I don't know, maybe there is some reason that's been hidden from me all this time?

Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21 View Post

love this. Nothing to see here, she released all the emails...

interviewer: if Hillary would have released all the emails from the get go...

Biden: well that's true, but we don't know where the leak came from

interviewer: apparently Anthony Weiner

Biden: well...oh god...oh god....

Priceless
    Massive lulz to be had.

I didn't claim my experiences proved anything, but they are demonstrating my point: Trump and being intelligent and educated aren't compatible, on many levels. I genuinely do not understand the reasoning behind anyone smart and educated going ahead and voting for him. It makes zero sense to me.

Problems or not, you can't just grab a hammer and start hitting your desktop case, hoping that it will fix something. You need a bit more intelligent approach, and it is anything but Trump. Bernie does fit into it somewhat, although still not quite. And even if someone hates Clinton and would never vote for her, why vote for Trump still? I don't know, maybe there is some reason that's been hidden from me all this time?
    Because Hillary represents another 4 years of the same and you have obamacare prices soaring.

You have half the country ready to go to civil war. I don't think they care too much about smashing up a desk or two.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I don't give a shit weither you believe it or not. It's happened... and this shit is happening.

Shit, that's happened to me in 2008 when a snow-plow that was trailing behind me sped up, drove next to my side and dropped its plow to deliberately covere my entire front wind-shield with mud n' slush for about 2-4 seconds, lifted it and tore off down a side-street before I could get a clear view of his info. I wondered why the fuk he did that, until I realized I had an Obama sticker on my bumper..
    Sounds legit...

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Hillary represents another 4 years of the same and you have obamacare prices soaring.

You have half the country ready to go to civil war. I don't think they care too much about smashing up a desk or two.
    "I don't want another 4 years of the same, so I will elect a walking meme." - I can understand this reasoning somewhat from a random person from the streets, but not from someone who has put in a lot of brain work in their personal development.

The only (very poor, but still) reason I can possibly see is the hope by a Republican-leaning person that Trump will get along with Republican-dominated Congress well and, rather than his, the general Republicans' ideas will be pushed through. But that is just grasping on the straws, really.

"I don't want another 4 years of the same, so I will elect a walking meme." - I can understand this reasoning somewhat from a random person from the streets, but not from someone who has put in a lot of brain work in their personal development.

The only (very poor, but still) reason I can possibly see is the hope by a Republican-leaning person that Trump will get along with Republican-dominated Congress well and, rather than his, the general Republicans' ideas will be pushed through. But that is just grasping on the straws, really.
    I cant speak for others but also don't forget a lot of people probably buy into the bullshit Trump sold that he was just racist/said stupid shit to get the vote and all will change when hes in the office. Some people probably believe that

- - - Updated - - -

"Being presidential is easy"

10+ Year Old Account
    I cant speak for others but also don't forget a lot of people probably buy into the bullshit Trump sold that he was just racist/said stupid shit to get the vote and all will change when hes in the office. Some people probably believe that

- - - Updated - - -

"Being presidential is easy"
    I suppose. One of the problems is that the election process has become too dependent on stunts and scandals and much less so on the actual content. It is not that important any more to actually properly explain one's policies and plans, it is more important to keep people interested and entertained. In some sense, the predictions the Founding Fathers made are coming true: politics is turning into a populist contest. Not that it is a new trend; even in the past, moments like "youth and inexperience" were able to turn tables by their emotional effect alone. But this election is demonstrating a new level in that trend. And, I suppose, even highly educated people are getting caught in it.

Deleted

Most of the media, most politicians and most of the "establishment" are against him. And yet he still has a chance to be president.

This says more about Clinton than it does about Trump and his voters. People are so fed up they will even vote vor a walking meme just to screw over the "establisment".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    [video=youtube;pADHLsECWxY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pADHLsECWxY[video]

Most of the media, most politicians and most of the "establishment" are against him. And yet he still has a chance to be president.

This says more about Clinton than it does about Trump and his voters. People are so fed up they will even vote vor a walking meme just to screw over the "establisment".
    Well, if it was just about Hillary, then it still wouldn't explain how Trump managed to win the primaries. There were quite a few decent candidates, with their own issues, of course, but decent nonetheless: Rubio, Bush, even Kasich... I think it is more about showmanship winning over pragmatism in the way people perceive the political process. Perhaps if someone like Jim Carrey ran for president, he would win stunningly by his act alone. Luckily, Trump isn't as good an actor as he thinks he is.

10+ Year Old Account
    This website is beautiful. For those of you wikileaks challenged, here's the compilation of the most damaging leaks from Wikileaks.

http://www.mostdamagingwikileaks.com/

1. Obama lied: he knew about Hillary’s secret server and wrote to her
    using a pseudonym, cover-up happened (intent to destroy evidence)

2. Hillary Clinton dreams of completely "open borders”

3. Hillary Clinton received money from and supported nations that she
    KNEW funded ISIS and terrorists

4. Hillary has public positions on policy and her private ones

5. Paying people to incite violence and unrest at Trump rallies

6. Hillary's campaign wants "unaware" and "compliant" citizens
    What's more, this website even has links to sources including wikileaks, but also .gov websites, youtube videos and a lot of journalistic websites.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..