Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Does Legion have more content than MoP? No. Does it have more content than WoD? HELL YES!

Legion is a step in the right direction after the disaster that was WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Can someone explain how there's always someone that manages to think "Hm, let's compare this expansions launch patch / first major patch to an entire previous expansion"?
    I think it's pretty fascinating, how narrowminded people can be. Special kind of stupid.

Come back when we've had every Legion major patch, k?

And considering that Blizzard has finally realized that "yearly expansions" will NEVER work, I am confident we're looking at ATLEAST 4 major patches. And then I mean actual major content patches. WoD had 1. The mythic+ system allows them to release additional dungeons that doesn't make previous ones completely barren (hello ZA/ZG), AP keeps us in the world, Class order hall campaigns delivers on "class quests" more than any previous expansion ever did. The upgrade system keeps more content relevant longer as even something you've passed long ago can give you an upgrade. Professions are no longer something you cap in 45 minutes.
    But yeah, it's easy to reduce everything to arbitrary numbers in order to prove a point.

Legion manages to return to designs that work, keeps players feeling like they have things to strive for. It's inclusive and accessible, but not to the point where everything is cleared the week it's released. Hell, we might even see a raid release where 90% of guilds are NOT ready to clear half of it on the first raid night. That is a GOOD thing. People are NOT going to feel like they log on just to pick up AK and send missions any time soon. 7.0 is more than WoD combined, and we're quickly approaching MoP levels when it comes to amount of content for the most amount of people, without things being cleared to quickly people rather unsub.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    You don't want to play the game which is running with a formula that's been working for 12 years. Congratulations, my diagnosis of your problem is free! Might I recommend an FPS? Or a single-player RPG? Or a different MMORPG perhaps since that's the only way to get something entirely different than WoW... Playing WoW and expecting something "entirely different" than WoW, is moronic.

There's nothing different with the Suramar questline, it's still something you do within the limitations and themes of the game, you pick up quests and complete them for rewards. Plenty of people couldn't care less about the Suramar questline story, that doesn't change the fact that it exists and others are enjoying it like hell. Just shows how clueless people are about what they're whining over...
    Seems to me that the fanboi's are the ones who seem to be the most clueless. You're the one who's told me soo much more was done in Legion, and yet i fail to see anywhere in your post where I was wrong. Its pretty much the same dribble over an over. WQ's are fresh new and exciting, Mythic+ and Mythic Keystones is fresh an New. What next, Karazhan going to be brand spanking new?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Can someone explain how there's always someone that manages to think "Hm, let's compare this expansions launch patch / first major patch to an entire previous expansion"?
    I think it's pretty fascinating, how narrowminded people can be. Special kind of stupid.

Come back when we've had every Legion major patch, k?

And considering that Blizzard has finally realized that "yearly expansions" will NEVER work, I am confident we're looking at ATLEAST 4 major patches. And then I mean actual major content patches. WoD had 1. The mythic+ system allows them to release additional dungeons that doesn't make previous ones completely barren (hello ZA/ZG), AP keeps us in the world, Class order hall campaigns delivers on "class quests" more than any previous expansion ever did. The upgrade system keeps more content relevant longer as even something you've passed long ago can give you an upgrade. Professions are no longer something you cap in 45 minutes.
    But yeah, it's easy to reduce everything to arbitrary numbers in order to prove a point.

Legion manages to return to designs that work, keeps players feeling like they have things to strive for. It's inclusive and accessible, but not to the point where everything is cleared the week it's released. Hell, we might even see a raid release where 90% of guilds are NOT ready to clear half of it on the first raid night. That is a GOOD thing. People are NOT going to feel like they log on just to pick up AK and send missions any time soon. 7.0 is more than WoD combined, and we're quickly approaching MoP levels when it comes to amount of content for the most amount of people, without things being cleared to quickly people rather unsub.
    100% agree that it finally feels like they have a grasp on some solid ideas and direction. There is some stuff I could live without in this expansion, sure. But overall this is going to be a pretty content heavy expansion, or it seems to be on that path. So glad the 1 expansion per year "idea" is gone.

Only reason I did an analysis of where we are now to where we have been by this point is to counter the OPs lack of any legit argument and not just his personal opinion based on what he likes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    The problem with your argument about it being better in the older days is that this is how it was in Vanilla-Wrath as well. You would quest through a zone and it would send you into a dungeon at the end.
    You had the option to do a dungeon, if there was one. You generally weren't funneled into it other than a 'go to' quest (if that), you didn't miss out on much of anything if you didn't do it, and it didn't keep the zone's storyline from being complete without it. The only dungeon I remember during that time period which fits the criteria was Drak'Theron Keep because you couldn't complete the Drakuru quest chain without it. Otherwise, the dungeons were mostly a separate entity from what was going on during questing with only a few barely being linked into the zone storyline.

I'm not interested in debating what type of game WoW is and who should/shouldn't be playing it. I simply disagreed that their gating system in Legion is the best way to go about ushering players into instanced group content.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Forgot to add some things to go along with your laughable post.

Legion has no content...LUL!
    Not as laughable as using Twitch emotes on a forum.

I really couldn't care less what your "content count" says about this expansion, or any other. There are exactly two questions that matter to me:

1. Do I have things to do?
    2. Do I want to log on and do them?

The answer to both is yes. I have plenty to do and I am enjoying doing it, which means I am getting more than my money's worth. Why should anything else matter?
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    So they just build an algorythm and they are having less dungeons, raid bosses than ever before, they just have different difficulties.
    Legion (at the start) has got highest amount of dungeons since WotLK.

The issue with that is that people get burned through that content, lets see how long people will like to repeat mythic+ for.
    It is more than 2 months and i still enjoy it ALOT.

Also 7.1 so far has not a lot of things in it
    1 big dungeon, 1 small raid, some new WQs, new Suramar quest line etc.
    It is more than enough for big patch and we had to wait only 2 months for it.

I just get annoyed by people saying that Legion has so much content. IT DOESN'T.
    Compared to a few prevoius xpacks? It does (so far).

It just has more repeats than any previous versions of the game.
    The only repeatable thing here is your whinning how Legion is repeatable, lol.

If you're genuinely unsatisfied with the amount and variety of content we've seen in the first two months of Legion, WoW in 2016 is probably not for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Lol, no, "we" don't. Speak for yourself, I ain't on the train that you and the OP are riding nor will I be associated with such blatant lack of logical thinking and disregarding of facts.
    So it's facts and numbers you want, I can't give you that, but i can prove you wrong and make you see why Legion has little [B]relevant[B] content.

So here it goes, Legion had a great progression system in the beginning of the expansion, and it was amazing.... for about 2 weeks.

In the begging your character progresses a significant amount because all your gear is shit and each time he gets a new piece of gear he gets significantly more powerful because all the upgrades are great in comparison, and because of this you achieve 80% of your total character progression really quickly, in about 2-3 weeks. (the same goes for AP)

Now 2 months in the expansion all the relevant character progression has been done, but people still claim to have content to do. That supposed "content" is nothing but a really diminished way of rewarding players, due to the new loot system (pray to rngesus and hope for them titanforges). So now the "content" that gives you progression is basically the same thing as playing the lottery, (Ex: you do a M+ and you pray for your item to tintanforge because if it does not titanforge it's complete shit and useless,) but here is the fun part, even when a good item with correct stats titanforges it's not a significant upgrade because it only gives you small and marginal power increase because all the big significant ones have already been acquired.

So basically yes blizzard has given the players infinite content to do, but the problem is that the content does not offer any relevant progression in terms of character power, and all the AP farming and dungeons players are doing for multiples weeks only reward 1-2% increase in their overall power.

Content you don't want to do ≠ content.

I know am gonna get burned by Blizzard fanboys but yes the content in Legion isn't a lot and not what promised.
    The first sentence and I already know OP is willing to completely blow off logic.

Are the Broken Isles "iterated" content? There are more dungeons than the past few expansions had at launch and Karazhan is the first dungeon of its kind. EN, NH and ToV are all technically out currently, just gated.

This is the problem with the term "content". To me, content literally just means "shit I can do". To you, content is "whatever I'm interested in". Objectively, Legion has way more content than all of WoD combined. More dungeons, more raids, and WQs are pretty much a brand new system, as well as countless hidden secrets and easter eggs that players are still finding, even shit back in the old world has been updated.

It's shocking how you see this exact post every expansion, with some sort of bizarre, convoluted opinion of what "content" means.

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    Bullshit.

Link me your armory. Show me your progress on:

1 - Hidden faction.
    2 - Any level of raid content.
    3 - Mythic+ progress.
    4 - Professions
    5 - Opening hidden artifact appearances.
    6 - World treasures/toys.
    7 - Broken Isle pet battling & collection.
    8 - PvP prestige.
    9 - Achievements.
    10 - Kara progress
    11 - New mounts and toys
    12 - Suramar quest line
    13 - Artifact quest lines

... and the list goes on and on easily, so that I'm just pitching you the giant softballs. You either won't link your armory because it will show that you have barely scratched the surface on things or you'll say you don't have interest in those things, which has nothing to do with quantity of content.

And notice I left out anything do do with AP andI only only referenced things like dungeons once.

If anyone honestly thinks that Legion has a lack of content, then it says more about you than anything else ... and your inability to locate the plethora of content which is almost hand-fed to you in WoW. You don't like the content they have on the table? Np, that's your prerogative. But to say the expansion lacks content? You just look stupid.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ent-to-be-done
    Unless you link your profile with all of these completed, you can't really say that Legion has more content than WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jpedrote52 View Post
    So it's facts and numbers you want, I can't give you that, but i can prove you wrong and make you see why Legion has little [B]relevant[B] content.

So here it goes, Legion had a great progression system in the beginning of the expansion, and it was amazing.... for about 2 weeks.

In the begging your character progresses a significant amount because all your gear is shit and each time he gets a new piece of gear he gets significantly more powerful because all the upgrades are great in comparison, and because of this you achieve 80% of your total character progression really quickly, in about 2-3 weeks. (the same goes for AP)

Now 2 months in the expansion all the relevant character progression has been done, but people still claim to have content to do. That supposed "content" is nothing but a really diminished way of rewarding players, due to the new loot system (pray to rngesus and hope for them titanforges). So now the "content" that gives you progression is basically the same thing as playing the lottery, (Ex: you do a M+ and you pray for your item to tintanforge because if it does not titanforge it's complete shit and useless,) but here is the fun part, even when a good item with correct stats titanforges it's not a significant upgrade because it only gives you small and marginal power increase because all the big significant ones have already been acquired.

So basically yes blizzard has given the players infinite content to do, but the problem is that the content does not offer any relevant progression in terms of character power, and all the AP farming and dungeons players are doing for multiples weeks only reward 1-2% increase in their overall power.
    It´s not up to you to decide what content is relevant for other people. So when you make a blanket statement like that, you are disregarding that there are people that see that as relevant content.

The artifact gets even better with the paragon trait, so no, there is still a power bump to acquire by the end of the 34 traits. And it´s a huge upgrade. Not to mention that having you artifact maxed out makes a hell of a difference.

Gear has always been like this. People always farmed in the beggining and it got incremental upgrades in the long run. OFC the increase will not be that great after you are geared, it has always been like this.

Mythic+ is content and rewards you with extremely rlevant gear. If you do a +10 mythic, the gear will be worth it, even if does not titanforge.

The only valid complain that you got is the RNG system. But your argument was that the content was not relevant, guess what? For casuals, even the WQ are relevant.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by jpedrote52 View Post

Of course 80% of the numerical character progression happens in the first two weeks, because you're coming from a previous expansion's gear/leveling greens. Just because the numbers are tighter doesn't mean the progression isn't significant. You're not going to be clearing Heroic (never mind Mythic) Nighthold in Normal EN gear, or doing Mythic +15 in gear you got in Mythic 0. That isn't a problem, that's how MMOs work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ent-to-be-done
    Unless you link your profile with all of these completed, you can't really say that Legion has more content than WoD.
    Actually he can, because that is objectively true. In your train of thought, what he could not say is that WoD had no content. Because he did not do all the achvs, battle pets, mythic progression and all that stuff.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Actually he can, because that is objectively true. In your train of thought, what he could not say is that WoD had no content. Because he did not do all the achvs, battle pets, mythic progression and all that stuff.
    Well, half the stuff he mentioned is the same non-content. Namely
    Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    4 - Professions
    5 - Opening hidden artifact appearances.
    6 - World treasures/toys.
    7 - Broken Isle pet battling & collection.
    8 - PvP prestige.
    9 - Achievements.
    11 - New mounts and toys
    13 - Artifact quest lines

Quote Originally Posted by Kelraxx View Post
    It's a lot better than Warlords was.

2 Months into WoD we were all standing in our Garrisons AfK waiting for raid time, clicking on a dumb table.

At least now there's reasons to get out into the world and do things more interesting than 'kill 2309254797 re-skinned orange orcs' to hit exalted with a reputation that has little to no impact on the overall story.
    No kidding. There is still stuff to do in every zone and I still have a lot of things I have not even gotten around to yet. Pretty much WOD at this time frame it was pretty raid or garrison or gtfo. Their only daily stuff was apexis quests which were mind numbing grinds with basically no real rewards.

Deleted
    I know AP kinda substitudes for it, but I really miss gathering Emblems / Badges from Heroics, and using those to get even better Gear.

How are we having less dungeons than EVER before when so far we've had more dungeons than MoP and Warlords and we're already just 1 patch in?
    How are we burning through ALL content when we don't even have the last raid of this tier open yet? I mean, we've only had 1 raid (1 more tomorrow) and we're expected to have the other one open soon?
    What the hell do you mean 7.1 doesn't have much content? I mean, it has freaking Karazhan, a new raid, a new rep and little bits here and there, plus a long-ass quest campaign in Suramar... There's more shit in it than in most X.1 patches from previous expansions.
    Dude, you're just wrong.