Thread: 7.1 Hotfixes

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Are mage really so strong that we need a 10% int nerf?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pereqt View Post
    It's the go to when using the tuning knobs for the pvp.

10% here, 10% there, 10% for everybody! Up or down, we don't give a fuck! Happy Pvping!

I have seen someone go from 100 to 20% in a 3s window from a frost mage. That being said, they LITERALLY just nerfed your guys health, and didn't wait to see the after effects of that change at all... so this seems like too soon for my liking. Mages are supposed to be glass cannons. If you start nerfing their damage, you take away the "cannon" part"

They should leave shadowburn alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krassz View Post
    http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20750164829

So, they're addressing the most problematic specs (WW, Frost DK, Destro Lock) and also buffing specs that were lacking a lot (Arms, Ele)

Hotfixes came out fairly fast, just wondering if the nerfs will be enough to stop the shitfest that is currently arena gameplay.
    No clue why they buffed Havoc's damage. They were already topping the damage done before getting the Agi buff...

Destro did need a nerf though, was getting killed by those fucks without even being able to touch them. CB > fear > CB > fear > SB > dead
    Last edited by Saverem; 2016-11-01 at 07:17 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Those nerfs won't stop Enhance, nor will they stop Windwalker. Elemental is a lot better now, but it still has the mobility of a statue.
    Can you show me on the doll where the shaman bursted you?

You seem to be missing the fact that other than damage, the enh shaman has absolutely nothing on the defence side - a 40% damage reduction on 1,5min cooldown and a root removing sprint on 1 min cooldown. Counterstrike is useless when the shaman himself is getting focused - which they do, as everyone knows they have no self-defence.

Nerfing their damage would make them literally worthless just as they always were in the past.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    No clue why they buffed Havoc's damage. They were already topping the damage done before getting the Agi buff...

Destro did need a nerf though, was getting killed by those fucks without even being able to touch them. CB > fear > CB > fear > SB > dead
    Topping damage in what?

Maybe in RBGs where its all clv and aoe or even 3s where you have ton of pets to clv...but when it comes to ST and scoring kills DH are total shit, thats why there are only 4 DHs above 2.2k last time i checked 1 week ago or so, and one of those DHs is afking since Bloodlet/TG nerf. In 2s when i face a dh/healer team, if you do not stack with your healer, DH does 0 dmg to your team, you simply need to sit Ehealer and you will win 100% cuz Dh will not be able to kill ur healer nor you.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Blizzard is only content when noone plays locks.

After this nerf you'll need to cast 4-5 Chaosbolts to kill someone. We're back to just unbinding that ability. Hey at least we can play the Shadowburn spec.. wait that got nerfed just in case someone still wanted to play warlock.
    The problem with destruction is it takes no skill and is designed to just roll face and blow someone up with no thought. If the spec is strong it becomes too prevalent and frustrating to play against at most levels of play. But then if it's bad, it's really bad because it has to stand and cast which people can CC or LoS. The spec needs more moving parts before it can really be a balanced, well designed, and POWERFUL spec like people want it to be.

And don't flip out just yet. The nerfs aren't THAT bad. Chaos bolt will still hit for about 500k which no other caster can compete with on a semi-rotational spell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    They should leave shadowburn alone.
    I agree. It feels nice when classes have multiple different playstyle options. Shadowburn wasn't too strong, Chaos bolt was just too weak.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dippinsawse View Post
    And don't flip out just yet. The nerfs aren't THAT bad. Chaos bolt will still hit for about 500k which no other caster can compete with on a semi-rotational spell.
    - - - Updated - - -
    It doesn't matter since no one will play destro after this change .. Why take this talent when you cannot havoc chaos bolts .. It will do the exact same damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemlol View Post
    It doesn't matter since no one will play destro after this change .. Why take this talent when you cannot havoc chaos bolts .. It will do the exact same damage.
    Yeah, they should remove the havoc penalty.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    Can you show me on the doll where the shaman bursted you?

You seem to be missing the fact that other than damage, the enh shaman has absolutely nothing on the defence side - a 40% damage reduction on 1,5min cooldown and a root removing sprint on 1 min cooldown. Counterstrike is useless when the shaman himself is getting focused - which they do, as everyone knows they have no self-defence.

Nerfing their damage would make them literally worthless just as they always were in the past.
    There's a good reason why enhance is in 9/10 tourney teams atm and the teams with it have facerolled through most of it. I play one. I rarely die if targetted unless it's retarded burst, they normally swap off me. Oh btw ele is godly again gg. Ww I tried a little in 3's tonight and its alright.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.

It's been said a million times - if you're standing around letting a Destro get CB & Fear chains on you without kicking, juking, LoSing, or countering, then you deserve to have your empty skull wrecked. No different than letting that happen from any other caster.

CB should have high damage, it's DPET (Damage Per Execute Time - the amount of damage output for the amount of time needed to cast) should be on par with other spells; it also has a higher resource cost and is hard cast (stationary). Thus it should nuke you down if you're out of position or didn't manage your CDs well. It's named Chaos Bolt, not Chaos Wet Noodle.

Where are the squawks about a pally's long ass stun, in which you do nothing while your head is caved in? Is that not a free "I win" button? And then there's pally bubble. Several other examples with other specs.

Destro was passed over for many teams in WoD because it was easily shut down by any team with average competency, or if they got no peels. Even so, they seldom got top 3 DPS in a group but would have higher KBs if played well, which IMO is more important than cheesing the meters like rot specs can do. All else being equal, it's infinitely better to put 3 players in the GY at ~20% then have them live at 10-20%, heal up, and stay in the fight. That's why you bring burst/execute specs as well as rots.

But then they nerf Shadowburn again. Blizz truly has their heads up their asses, obvious when their lead class dev plays the game on a fucking tablet.

Every time they make Destro decent again (but not OP) like it was in 5.3, it's usually the bad melee that do the bulk of complaining.
    Last edited by Caolela; 2016-11-02 at 01:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    There's a good reason why enhance is in 9/10 tourney teams atm and the teams with it have facerolled through most of it. I play one. I rarely die if targetted unless it's retarded burst, they normally swap off me. Oh btw ele is godly again gg. Ww I tried a little in 3's tonight and its alright.
    back in MOP i ran with my mates just for lolz Elem/Ret/Disc up to 2.3-2.4k, do u think it is viable @ current state to hit 2.3k+ with that comp? Lets say Elem/Ret/MW or Rdrood

Why did they buff havoc? If anything it could have used a nerf. As soon as I get tagged with glaive throw I contemplate just taking my hands off the keyboard, you can never escape them or out damage them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    lol "buffing specs that were lacking a lot (arms)" you mean defensive right? certainly not damage i just had an arms warrior in a bg hit me for 70% of my health with 1 attack....oh it is damage. yeah they still dont know how to balance.
    im pretty sure there were some shenannigans. my highest ms (wich includes casting cs debuff on target, having 3 stacks of fr up and sharpened blade on) do like 450 k dmg. I have 875 gear, and there are not many better geared arms warrior around. This talent setup is absolutely unviable for rated / serious pvp, and its highest hits are not even half a million. a normal ms crit can go up to like 290- 330 in standard pvp spec, with the colossus debuff on the target (which needs a global btw). In no way a warrior could delete 70 % hp in one global, not even with flask, pot and berserking up.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAmbrosia View Post
    Why did they buff havoc? If anything it could have used a nerf. As soon as I get tagged with glaive throw I contemplate just taking my hands off the keyboard, you can never escape them or out damage them.
    Havoc is extremely weak atm in rated arena, only 4 above 2.2k cr US wide last time i checked a week or so ago, 1 of those DH has been afk since Bloodlet/GT nerf. DH's clv dmg is good but when it comes to ST/utility they are total crap. Don't get me wrong 1v1 and in RBGs they are decent/good but when it comes to rated arena, they are worst dps class in game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LordAmbrosia View Post
    Havoc is pure battleground hero, they push scary numbers in BGs due to cleave/aoe but are very weak in arena, especially in 3v3 which is supposed to be what PvP is balanced around. If you go check their representation DH is least played class above 2000 rating in 3v3 (by wide margin as they have below 1% rep). It's gotten to the point where it's actually quite hard to find people willing to queue with DH.

Then again buffing agi/stam is very lazy way to go about fixing DH as their main issue is complete lack of utility, wonky abilities and low single target pressure outside 4min cd.
    That 5% agility will mostly just serve to pad BG-dmg numbers even further.
    Last edited by mmoc70716bef22; 2016-11-02 at 05:55 AM.

Deleted
    Well, judge four yourself.

https://clips.twitch.tv/spb_89/LuckyWoodcockBibleThump

It's okey they nerf and buff, but this 10% nerf here, 10% buff here, just makes them look like idiots.
    Usually every first season in the expansion is cancer, but now I'm starting to wonder if they can even make S2 or 3 any good.