Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    Eya;

I recently switched mains due to tankshortage within the guild and picked up a prot paladin.
    Now when i started the advise i got was 'go for vers!' so i did.
    But now i see every prot paladin going for full haste, and i dont really understand why.
    Haste is just the default AS buff or am i completely missing something?
    Or is it just for the higher ilvls that it becomes important?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ascadin/simple

Yeah im a little baby protty compared to alot here but i really like the spec so any pointers would be much appreciated!
    No one is ignoring verstialtiy is it just itemization is pretty poor at the moment, in a perfect world you would only equip items that have Haste/Vers (For raids) but they are not very common so you take what you can, Haste is very important and I personally changed the stat weights listed in the Prot Pala discord channel to favor haste slightly over vers. But if a item is +10ilvls and has Vers but no haste personal I woulld still equip due to the other benfits.

Unless you have the time to run M+ a lot and hunt down gear with haste/Vers and have luck with titanforge then you are kinda stuck with gear you can readly get from raids/WQ and what M+ you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by versuslol View Post
    How FS can save you from Talons cast to incorrect target? FS locks the boss on you for duration of bubble. During winds she pushes you away even through the bubble. Cast lasts for 8 sec, so much lasts FS. Right after it she casts Talons. How FS can handle that please explain.

We always use 3 tank on that boss esp for simplisity of the fight (web, spiders, solosoak winds). Meanwhile winds are on pally in bubble - 2nd tank taunts the boss, Talon#1 goes to his face, 3rd tank take Talon#2 > pally is back to the boss meanwhile, taunting her and ready to solosoak second Winds with BoSW
    Sorry I should've clarified. Using Final Stand just means you'll never drop aggro like you would with not using it. It's still up in the air, if she starts casting Violent Winds somewhere in the middle of the second platform you could theoretically run in range for the first Raking Talons but the best way to handle it is to just have the off-tank take that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    Eya;

I recently switched mains due to tankshortage within the guild and picked up a prot paladin.
    Now when i started the advise i got was 'go for vers!' so i did.
    But now i see every prot paladin going for full haste, and i dont really understand why.
    Haste is just the default AS buff or am i completely missing something?
    1. Are the any versa items in EN at all except chest form Nythendra?

2. Haste is there to reduce recharge rate (cooldown) on many abilities on top of lowering gcd abit, I don't think any class takes it for attack speed, it's usually for resource regen (like runes on dk) or cooldown reduction (paladin, monk, demon hunter tanks), also it makes dots / hots tick faster (shadow priest, resto druid), however this doesn't apply to paladin case.

It has also a personal preference flavour to it, many people don't like their class to feel "slow", and more haste means they have more buttons to press because they come faster off cd, also global cooldown is shorter. I remember with Legion redesign of tanks many people complained not every tank has now a no-cd filler ability, that they have "empty globals" and don't enjoy this playstyle any more.

It generally allows more APM-heavy playstyle, on top of allowing defensive benefits like higher uptime on the shield buff (active mitigation). I know a fully haste stacked prot pala with chrono shard has about 10% better uptime than me on the buff, even though if you read backwards through the thread where I asked what's a good uptime to consider I was answered it's a deceptive metric and pure uptime doesn't matter as much as timing it during the biggest damage periods.

3. Side note: how is it that nearly every guild that needs a tank always asks some guy to reroll instead of recruiting one. I hear this story since wotlk, so kinda as long as I raid. I see so many tanks on trade / realm forums looking for guilds and no one picks them.

Haste decreases all of our short cool downs, including Shield of the Righteous, Light/Hand of the Protector, and Blessed Hammer. It interacts favorably with Judgment's SotR-cooldown-reduction effect. It's also our top DPS stat.

Vets isn't bad by any means (it's certainly the only other stat that can be argued to compete with Haste), but Haste is generally accepted to be a bit stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    SimC is updated for all 7.1 changes.
    Awesome! Will play around with it tonight.
    Last edited by Adaren; 2016-11-03 at 01:46 PM.

Hey guys! Wich talents are you guys using for Mythic 10+ ? And, what about the stats? Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cetraben View Post
    Depends on your group comp and what your healer is like (similar to any content really). Personally I run with:

Level 30 row:
    Each talent here has it's merits, but I tend to go with the extra Avenger's shield damage, Crusader's Judgement has it's defensive merits also, due to lots of mobs so lots of procs thus having higher SoTR uptime on trash (coupled with seraphim)

Level 100 row:
    Seraphim, as the pulls are fairly bursty (large) so the extra vers is quite a big defensive gain here.

The rest of the talents I barely even touch.

In terms of stats, I don't have any particular shift in what is used. Same ol' Haste => Vers >>>>>>Crit>>>>>Tertiary Stats/Stamina/Who Cares >>>>>>>>> Mastery
    Although seraphim is great for nuking those packs down, saying it's a defensive gain is not really correct. If you want defence on big packs in M+ you're better off going last defender.

Deleted
    I like the synergies between CJ and Fist of Justice for higher M+.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluegeltuer View Post
    I like the synergies between CJ and Fist of Justice for higher M+.
    Yeah I find the ability to stun something for 6 seconds every 20 pretty good.

10+ Year Old Account
    So it seems in 7.2 we'll be further empowering out Artifacts, with some more traits, including a new Gold Trait!

What would you guys like to see, for our new Gold?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    What would you guys like to see, for our new Gold?
    Something active/reactive that does damage and is worthwhile for defense.

Maybe like "After <condition> your next Judgment will strike all targets within X yards (standing within Consecrate?). Each enemy hit will reduce the cooldown of ShoR by 2 seconds, or 4 seconds for critical strikes."

*shrug*. Might be too strong.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2016-11-05 at 04:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    *shrug*. Might be too strong.
    Just a bit, yeah...

I'd REALLY like to see something along the lines of:

Seal of Truth:

Your melee attacks apply Censure to all target hit, dealing (20% AP) damage a second for 5 seconds, stacking up to 5 times. Enemies deal 2% less damage per stack of Censure.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Just a bit, yeah...

Seal of Truth:

Your melee attacks apply Censure to all target hit, dealing (20% AP) damage a second for 5 seconds, stacking up to 5 times. Enemies deal 2% less damage per stack of Censure.
    What even counts as melee attacks ?
    Cons likely doesn't, i doubt that AS does, no idea about BH.

10+ Year Old Account
    What even counts as melee attacks ?
    Cons likely doesn't, i doubt that AS does, no idea about BH.
    If I was in charge? Basic attack, the target of your HoTR/BH, Judge, ShoR and AS.

Basicaly, all of your ST damaging abilites, plus AS.

Deleted
    Just a bit, yeah...

Meh. The last thing I want is just another passive. The reason seals were removed was because they were boring. I don't want one back as a golden, even if it is strong.

The point of the one I posted was just to have something that alters the flow a tiny bit, and that can also be "wasted" if you're not paying attention.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2016-11-05 at 05:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Meh. The last thing I want is just another passive.
    Yeah that's fair enough. Maybe if they made your Judge hit everyone, but only apply the CDR to the main target, that could work.

How about something like "When it consumes Grand Crusder, your Avengers Shield also reduces the CD of your ShoR by 2 seconds, 4 on crit"

Deleted
    Conc follows paladin around and silences enemies for 2 secs.
    Tyr's enforcer damage silences all enemies struck for 3 secs

Why can't we have something like BrMs's https://www.wowhead.com/spell=196736/blackout-combo

If I was in charge? Basic attack, the target of your HoTR/BH, Judge, ShoR and AS.

Basicaly, all of your ST damaging abilites, plus AS.
    I mean currently in game.

Also, our ST damaging abilities are J and auto attack. Everything else is AoE

10+ Year Old Account
    Why can't we have something like BrMs's https://www.wowhead.com/spell=196736/blackout-combo
    That could work... Maybe ShoR causes your next move to have an extra effect.

AS: Silence/interupts ALL targets hit, not just the first.
    Judge: doubles the CDR.
    Cons: follows you around.

Also, our ST damaging abilities are J and auto attack. Everything else is AoE
    What about ShoR? That's a ST attack isn't it? As is Hammer, because the splash when you're standing in Cons is a seperate attack... I think. Tbh I've not actually used it since BH was added.
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2016-11-05 at 06:25 PM.