Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Reaons the Necromancer is a good change

I've been reading the negative comments and reviews and here's my list of reasons why I think this will save D3.

- New seasons
    I've played all the classes to max level as far as I want to go. With the new class this gives more incentive and rewards to start a brand new character. At least 2 (male and female).

- Two pet classes
    Witcher Doctor you just lost first place, new types of pets to reanimate

- New zones
    Brand new zones themed around the Necromancer, maybe we will even get a short story of where they came from and how they came to be.

- New type of weapon
    Every class needs there reason to be who they are, we will see what happens with the Scythe.

- New competitor on the ladder
    New classes are always OP, get ready for some insane PVP

- Character packs
    This only proves now that they plan to add more classes in the future, of course we have to pay for them but that is the life of a gamer.

- Time to adapt
    Yeah there wasn't a new expansion released, but now you have plenty of time to master the Necromancer class before you grave through another region of Sanctuary.

- Exploding corpses?

If I think of anything else i'll edit. Comments!
    Last edited by zsecmmo; 2016-11-04 at 08:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have been more interested to see a druid. As blizzard has stated in the past, Necro overlaps a lot with WD. I see this as a concession to fans in an attempt to breathe life back into an aging game.

But honestly, I don't think D3 was well designed from the start. It's a gambling game, not a dungeon crawler RPG. Most of the critical RPG elements and psychological factors were eschewed in favor of ease of access and addictive gameplay. I was hoping for D4 on this basis - with the idea that maybe, if they try again, they can get it right.

Oh well.

Deleted
    ''Reasons shit with cinnamon is good''

''It's better than shit whitout cinnamon''

That's actually a good point, I agree.

If it takes you any more than, say, 5-10h to master the class, I'd say D3 is a perfect game for you.

I love how one of your points is "PvP will be imbalanced" as if imbalance is fun and as if PvP exists in D3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    I would have been more interested to see a druid. As blizzard has stated in the past, Necro overlaps a lot with WD. I see this as a concession to fans in an attempt to breathe life back into an aging game.

But honestly, I don't think D3 was well designed from the start. It's a gambling game, not a dungeon crawler RPG. Most of the critical RPG elements and psychological factors were eschewed in favor of ease of access and addictive gameplay. I was hoping for D4 on this basis - with the idea that maybe, if they try again, they can get it right.

Oh well.
    They even very strongly implied Necromancer was introduced entirely because of popularity.
    Last edited by Segus1992; 2016-11-04 at 09:18 PM.

Completely disappointed. This game needs a breath of fresh air, I'm glad to see Necromancer, but I think I would have preferred to wait for Necromancer in an expansion or the potential D4 in the future. Preferably the latter. As someone who played a LOT of Necromancer in D2, and love all the builds and play styles on offer, I dread seeing Necromancer in D3. Diablo 3 also is in dire need of some sort of mix up, or overhaul. It feels so stagnant at this point, and seasons do little to change that.

Quote Originally Posted by zsecmmo View Post
    I've been reading the negative comments and reviews and here's my list of reasons why I think this will save D3.
    [...]
    lol at that part. None of your 'reasons' will save the game. The core of the game is flawed and they're not addressing it. The necromancer is not a 'change'.

Seasons will still be a 1-3 week adventure.
    Pets are awful. They're barely viable after numerous fixes.
    Nobody fucking cared about the previous new zones and nobody will now.
    Barbarians already had this 'Scythe'. Useless.
    New classes op? People laughed at the clunky crusader for seasons on end.
    PVP? Have you been drinking?
    Master the necromancer? A few hours endeavor.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2016-11-05 at 06:58 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    There was no point to a new expansion if all it was going to do is give us higher numbers. I'm pretty sick of rifts, but it's such a flawed game in its own right that I wouldn't know what viable endgame it could even have. It's funny ros was praised and fixing everything, but at this point it just turned back into vanilla d3 where it's just as boring to play because of flawed design.

Dunno if Necromancers will be the most amazing class to ever exist, but I, at least, am excited about it. I might actually start playing Diablo 3 again. Necromancer was my most (and frequently only) played class in Diablo 2. And I loved them primarily because of the pets.

"Witch doctors pretty much do the same thing". Not really. They are the closest alternative, but they are a pale shadow compared to the massive armies necromancers marched around with.

Sure, necromancers might suck, but that won't stop me from playing them.

Don't mind me though, please return to blatant bashing of Diablo 3. And I don't mean this in a bad way; to an extent it deserves it.

The Witch Doctor was an absolutely abysmal replacement of the Necromancer. Admittedly it is silly for both classes to exist but since they won't throw away the Witch Doctor in favor of the Necromancer, I am more than happy to see them add the class. This addition alone is enough to interest me in Diablo 3 once more and I can already tell I'm going to play it far more now than I ever have.

The class is fine.

Everything around the class (The fact that its paid DLC without an expansion or D2 HD remake or SOMETHING) is what's bad. Its a joke and a slap in the face to fans of Diablo.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    The class is fine.

Everything around the class (The fact that its paid DLC without an expansion or D2 HD remake or SOMETHING) is what's bad. Its a joke and a slap in the face to fans of Diablo.
    A small part of me agrees with you and knows this is Blizzard taking advantage of their players (yet again) but the greater part of me does not care in the slightest because Necromancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    A small part of me agrees with you and knows this is Blizzard taking advantage of their players (yet again) but the greater part of me does not care in the slightest because Necromancer.
    I mean the fact that the 20th anniversary of Diablo came and went with nothing interesting but paid DLC coming next year should tell you all you want to know.

Diablo is dying because they haven't released an expansion in over two years (And probably will hit 3, and maybe even 4), so they take the most hyped class not in the game, and release it as paid DLC with nothing else that normally would come with a new class (ie: an expansion).

Its an incredibly shady business practice. Up there with Squeenix ripping the FF7 remake into 3 full priced games because they know a large portion of their fanbase will still barf out 180 bucks for it.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I mean the fact that the 20th anniversary of Diablo came and went with nothing interesting but paid DLC coming next year should tell you all you want to know.

Diablo is dying because they haven't released an expansion in over two years (And probably will hit 3, and maybe even 4), so they take the most hyped class not in the game, and release it as paid DLC with nothing else that normally would come with a new class (ie: an expansion).

Its an incredibly shady business practice. Up there with Squeenix ripping the FF7 remake into 3 full priced games because they know a large portion of their fanbase will still barf out 180 bucks for it.
    Did it? Was there anything to unlock? I stopped playing Diablo 3 a while back because even the "free" set of armor for Seasonal characters was not enough to keep me interested. However, my issue with the game has always been the Witch Doctor. I mean, it's had plenty of other problems and still does but they've changed a fair bit over the course of its life and so for the most part, my issue is that I have never truly enjoyed playing the Witch Doctor. As I said in my previous post it's a poor replacement for the Necromancer and never captured the enjoyment I had back in Diablo 2 walking around with a literal army of skeletons and golems smashing my way through everything. If they can manage to pull this off well enough, I'll easily be able to justify purchasing this "DLC".

Way too little way too late

Next season EVERYONE will be a necromancer - especially if they make him even slightly OP,.
    thisll be a heck of a fun >_> time >_> finding groups.

and if he's a bad roll for GRs,. then everyone will be complaining about everyone playing necro and being too weak for GR,. telling them to leave, etc.

Necromancer will feel fresh for 1 or 2 seasons, that's assuming you like the Necromancer gameplay. After that it's "been there done that", which is the case with every other class right now. Unless they're gonna start adding new items, skills or building options, people are gonna get bored out of their minds with Diablo 3 in no time again. So far it doesn't seem like we're getting anything along those lines.

I mean, does anyone see them logging in for season 12 (just an example) and being like "let's refarm the exact same gear and use the exact same skills I've used for the past 7 seasons (since S5 is the last time we got big gear changes)"? It's not like in PoE or D2 where any drop can excite you, since gear is so set in place you only get excited for very specific drops. The majority of legs not even being worth the 2 secs is takes to discover, for example.

My major problem with this is that it'll be almost a full year before we see this one class actually implemented into the live game. I'm not waiting around for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    The dibbelz team is a lot smaller than it used to be. I think that's part of the driving force behind doing a dlc style pack for a class rather than a full blown expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by zsecmmo View Post
    - New seasons
    I've played all the classes to max level as far as I want to go. With the new class this gives more incentive and rewards to start a brand new character. At least 2 (male and female).
    Sooo, you'll start one of these 'new' seasons with a male Necro, blaze to lvl 70 get your starter (and prob only) set in 1 hour, collect some legendaries and throw away all the others you don't need. Get duplicates ? Let a friend boost your fresh and exciting female Necro to lvl 70 in 3 rifts and let her equip the duplicates. Boy, what a gamesaver.

- Two pet classes
    Witcher Doctor you just lost first place, new types of pets to reanimate
    Necro will be cool for 1 week, then D3 kicks in and it's getting boring AF.

- New zones
    Brand new zones themed around the Necromancer, maybe we will even get a short story of where they came from and how they came to be.
    ... You don't really want to tell me THAT TWO ZONES WILL SAVE THIS GAME ? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW !?
    Surely people will log in, start a rift, get one of these TWO NEW AWESOME MAPS and think to themselves how much fun this new area is and how it'll encourage them to log in every day.

- New type of weapon
    Every class needs there reason to be who they are, we will see what happens with the Scythe.
    I'll be running around in one of the two new superawesome zones while being hyped about the fact that I carry a scythe on my back. 'WOOHOOOO A SCYTHE, I GOTTA LOG ON TOMORROW BECAUSE THIS IS SO COOL'

- New competitor on the ladder
    New classes are always OP, get ready for some insane PVP
    PVP. I hope you mean this as in one player fighting for a good spot on the ladder against others.

- Character packs
    This only proves now that they plan to add more classes in the future, of course we have to pay for them but that is the life of a gamer.
    Look, I'd be willing to pay for a character pack, if they'd do anything to make this game better. At the current state of the game they can gladly take their pay2play Necromancer and shove it up their asses. Sure the armory stuff with the equipment saver is nice, but there are still too many things that make a lot of people not want to log in after they get their extra stash. What do you need an equipment saver for when there are no people playing this game ?

- Time to adapt
    Yeah there wasn't a new expansion released, but now you have plenty of time to master the Necromancer class before you grave through another region of Sanctuary.
    How long do people need to get a hang on how to play a class ? Let's say there's a new expansion in the works. It's released in August 2017 and the Necro is released December 2016. People need one month to get familiar with Necro. That would give us 8 more months of boring seasons (bear in mind that they don't have a release date. For one.fucking.class). BUT HEY, that'll be no problem because we get 2 new zones we can explore while fighting 4 new mob types and looking at that awesome scythe we're wearing on our backs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    The dibbelz team is a lot smaller than it used to be. I think that's part of the driving force behind doing a dlc style pack for a class rather than a full blown expansion.
    That's something that confuses me. I obviously don't have access to the numbers but I could have sworn that Diablo was just as popular as the other two series so why let it go to waste? I suppose I can see not wanting to put in the effort of continuing development for Diablo 3 if their team is truly that small but why they do not "remaster" the first two games (and their expansions) is beyond me. It would take little effort yet would easily make them enough money to justify expanding the team or at least allow them to move on with some dignity. Oh well. The only thing I can truly complain about at this point is that there is no reason it should take until next year to release a single class.