Page 36 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Read the 1st page but can someone tell me what is the stat prio for guardians.

I read that crit is by far the worse stat but I am full in crit and tbh I dont have that many issues, yesterday we did Arcway (+0 ) without a healer and most i ever tanked was +9 but I also never had issue there.

So my question is should i scrap some moonkin/healing gear that has more mastery/vers instead of the gear with crit?
    I think with the right amount of gear that Guardian is just really strong regardless of stat distribution. With enough stamina and armor from gear we can just use Ironfur regardless of stats and survive. I've been using DPS trinkets till recently cause I didn;t have anything better, and now I have some survival trinkets and I'm seriously considering going back, cause there's really nothing that threatens me so much that I need the trinkets. I'd rather just add the extra DPS.

I'd look for Versa/Mastery gear when you can get it for your tank set, but I wouldn't worry too much about it if you are doing the content you want to do anyway without it.

With the 7.1.5 patch they'll look at secondary stats again and how they compare to eachother and primary stats, so it's also worth keeping an eye on PTR datamining and notes to see if anything changes for Guardian in this regard. Things might change (though I doubt crit would ever come out as our best survival stat).

Since 7.1 I have had more problems with rogue GG proc which pulls additional unintentional packs for my M+ group both here and there.
    Most of the time the pack more or less infront of me but sometimes I have pulled packs not behind me but almost.
    Anyone else seen this?
    Any good ideas on how to avoid this except better positioning and looking away from the other packs?

Deleted
    @spda242 what exactly do you mean by "rogue GG procs"? GG can only proc on things that you are already damaging, I am uncertain how that can be "rogue".

Has happened to me aswell, i'm just trying to be super careful, it's annoying though.

Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    @spda242 what exactly do you mean by "rogue GG procs"? GG can only proc on things that you are already damaging, I am uncertain how that can be "rogue".
    What he's likely referring to is an automatic GG Moonfire hitting/applying to a target we haven't even hit or may even not be in combat. For example, you have a clump of mobs you're Thrashing/Swiping, and then you see a Moonfire hit a out-of-combat mob that's 40 yards away that you're not even targeting (nor even hit with any ability) when GG procs an auto-cast Moonfire. I've had it happen, but it's extreeeeeemely rare. I tend to recall this happening a few times in mythic+ dungeons, because that's about the only time you really care about pulling extra mobs you don't need.

On a separate note, I'm still having the initial Moonfire application threat issue.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    On a separate note, I'm still having the initial Moonfire application threat issue.
    OMG I thought this was just me ... I did a huge amount of damage to Mythic Taerar from my side with moonfire (a TAUNTED moonfire!!) and the other tank still pulled with just heal aggro. Seemed worse this week for some reason but man it really sucks taunting and hitting moonfire 6+ times and still losing aggro to passive tank healing :/

With Trials of Valor coming soon, anyone know the amount of random secondary stats on the Eye of Guarm trinket?

If it's the same formula as most other stat trinkets, should be 1002 for the 870 version. The versa one would be just as good as Goblet of Nightmarish Ichor with 36% uptime, but less random.

Both vers+mastery items (neck and legs) drop from Helya, decent choice for a bonus roll target I guess.

Otherwise rather mediocre loot, the three relics are a bit disappointing (2x 1% stam, 1x 0.5 sec ironfur/mark duration).

Deleted
    Hey I would like to ask a question, of what I read here so far is that. Armor is our "BiS" stat, which means More Ilvl = More Armor.

The thing is - i've so far not played guardian yet, but I wish to do so. I was wondering if it was possible to tank with

29% crit , 36% haste, 12% mastery, 2% versatility, 19% dodge, 6782 armor and 21.5k agility. (unbuffed 3.7m health in bear form with 16 traits can get more as well, as i've ak level 14)

the thing is I've no actual guardian gear - so the concern is more about that do you think i can tank mythic+ with the current gear, or am i forced to find some in favor of guardian gear before that is a possibility?

I was thinking of mythic 7-10 or lets say 5-10. should i be fine in some of them, or better gear is a must?

Quote Originally Posted by Valkon View Post
    OMG I thought this was just me ... I did a huge amount of damage to Mythic Taerar from my side with moonfire (a TAUNTED moonfire!!) and the other tank still pulled with just heal aggro. Seemed worse this week for some reason but man it really sucks taunting and hitting moonfire 6+ times and still losing aggro to passive tank healing :/
    Having the same issue and really getting tired of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna pls View Post
    Hey I would like to ask a question, of what I read here so far is that. Armor is our "BiS" stat, which means More Ilvl = More Armor.

The thing is - i've so far not played guardian yet, but I wish to do so. I was wondering if it was possible to tank with

29% crit , 36% haste, 12% mastery, 2% versatility, 19% dodge, 6782 armor and 21.5k agility. (unbuffed 3.7m health in bear form with 16 traits can get more as well, as i've ak level 14)

the thing is I've no actual guardian gear - so the concern is more about that do you think i can tank mythic+ with the current gear, or am i forced to find some in favor of guardian gear before that is a possibility?

I was thinking of mythic 7-10 or lets say 5-10. should i be fine in some of them, or better gear is a must?
    There's no such thing as guardian gear. if you want to tank, go tank. Have fun. While doign new content try and aim for high ilvl gear or vers/mas gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CenariusTheForestLord View Post
    There's no such thing as guardian gear. if you want to tank, go tank. Have fun. While doign new content try and aim for high ilvl gear or vers/mas gear.
    I know right - but would you say that I could right now tank a mythic+10 with these current stats i'm sitting on.

when i stated guardian gear, i was refering to gear which has stats that favors being a guardian druid obviously.

just like how haste + crit gear could be counted as balance druid gear.

I know right - but would you say that I could right now tank a mythic+10 with these current stats i'm sitting on.

when i stated guardian gear, i was refering to gear which has stats that favors being a guardian druid obviously.

just like how haste + crit gear could be counted as balance druid gear.
    I'm positive your current gear would not be the limiting factor for a Mythic +10. My bear easily tanks Mythic +10s, been clearing them for the past 3 weeks, and I just use the highest ilvl pieces I have for more armor, which for my character means 34% crit, 14% haste, 11% mastery 7% vers. My gear has more crit (worst defensively) than yours and similar mastery with a minor amount more vers, and I have no issues tanking +10s. Did HoV this week on Necrotic/Teeming/Tyrannical, which is an absolute nightmare and we were still able to clear it, not once was my Bear the limiting factor.

tl;dr - your "non-guardian" gear is fine for 10s and beyond

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by v1perz53 View Post
    I'm positive your current gear would not be the limiting factor for a Mythic +10. My bear easily tanks Mythic +10s, been clearing them for the past 3 weeks, and I just use the highest ilvl pieces I have for more armor, which for my character means 34% crit, 14% haste, 11% mastery 7% vers. My gear has more crit (worst defensively) than yours and similar mastery with a minor amount more vers, and I have no issues tanking +10s. Did HoV this week on Necrotic/Teeming/Tyrannical, which is an absolute nightmare and we were still able to clear it, not once was my Bear the limiting factor.

tl;dr - your "non-guardian" gear is fine for 10s and beyond
    thx - all i needed to hear.

thx - all i needed to hear.
    This week all you need to do is figure out how to do the affixes perfectly in 10+. There's a difference with raging and necrotic where gear matters a lot more. If you want to try out tanking and do mythic+ wait for the overflowing/sanguine week. That's the easiest on tanks in the next few weeks (EU). Avoid Necrotic if you're a newbie tank.

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    What he's likely referring to is an automatic GG Moonfire hitting/applying to a target we haven't even hit or may even not be in combat. For example, you have a clump of mobs you're Thrashing/Swiping, and then you see a Moonfire hit a out-of-combat mob that's 40 yards away that you're not even targeting (nor even hit with any ability) when GG procs an auto-cast Moonfire. I've had it happen, but it's extreeeeeemely rare. I tend to recall this happening a few times in mythic+ dungeons, because that's about the only time you really care about pulling extra mobs you don't need.

Yeah that is what I am talking about, has happend about 4 times since 7.1 dropped

It just dawned on me. I wonder how we're going to keep the Bear Forms. By transmogging obviously won't work, at least I hope so anyway. Because that'd mean we'd be stuck with Fist Weapons forever. It's not that much of a big deal, but staves/polearms just give way more options in this game.

Meh I'm guessing we'll keep the order hall (like we kept the garrison) and can just go there to "activate" the artifact forms and choose one of those we unlocked during legion, then come back there to change/disable it.
    Not too far-fetched since at least mages and warlocks have npcs they can talk to for cosmetic effects.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    By transmogging obviously won't work
    Why wouldn't it ? Wouldn't be hard to add a separate tab in transmog window for bear/feral skins. They kind of already got that in place via the artifact system in our class halls.

Deleted
    I just have to ask, have the threat bug with moonfire been reported by people? (assuming that it is a bug and not intended)
    I'm doing really good dmg compared to most other tanks but so much lower threat which became very noticeable this week in m+ due to skittish.

Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    Why wouldn't it ? Wouldn't be hard to add a separate tab in transmog window for bear/feral skins. They kind of already got that in place via the artifact system in our class halls.
    Yeah, then technically it'd be transmogging, but not in the classical sense. That being said, this is by far the best solution imo. Basically illusion transmogging but with forms.