Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrclyde-79 View Post
    And you are so immature that you just can't let the positive vibe happen without poking around to see who will get angry, right?

*snipped*

So i don't think there will be many threads/posts if that is the way to go from now on. By that time people will get used to it and act accordingly. But you are free to make a thread if you really want to ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

You might have missed the announcement that 7.2 will hit PTR right after 7.1.5 leaves the PTR. And looking at the patch speed, somehow i doubt that it will be 6 month or more until flight returns. ;-)

And really it doesn't matter much (not to me at least) when it will be in the game as long as i have a definitive answer what patch it will be in. No vague statement like "somewhere between release and last patch", but a clear "flight is coming back in 7.2".

BTW, did you noticed how it was handled at the Blizzcon WoW-panel? Not like "no flight in Draenor" on a side note in an interview after the panel. This time it was announced as if it was something great to come, a good feature and selling point of 7.2. ;-)

Is that your pathetic hope right now? Blizz is disappointing players who want flight because "reasons" just so that the few of you are happy because those "pesky pro flight people" don't get what they want?
    I don't know... but that didn't look like "we hope to bring flying in 7.2".... it was a pretty solid statement like "will be patch 7.2 and flight will return". But i don't have high hopes right now. I already said i will be waiting until more information about 7.2 is released and base my decision on those rather than vague statements. ;-)
    The passive aggressive salty is strong. if 7.1.5 spends 90 days on PTR, and 7.2 spends 90 days on PTR... according to my math, that would be... oh wait... 6 months. As for Blizz not pulling the rug out, they've done it before and I hope they don't repeat that trick. When it comes to a "No flying confirmed" thread, I'll show up long enough to call out the liars and poke holes in the conspiracy theories. So, unless the next two PTRs run ultra smooth and are in and out in record time, we have 6 months before the unlock. If everything goes perfect, maybe 90-120 days. I don't recall the last perfectly smooth PTR, unless you count Selfiegeddon 6.1.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Yeah, it wasn't at all a "Flying breaks immersion and is overall terrible, but we have to cater to these idiot whiners so we are adding it in some reduced form" slide which Flying Monkey would love. It was "Hey, flying is great, come and get it! We won't bother you much with the requirements either (second part of the achievement seems way faster than the first). Here are some new mounts for you!" slide. Go figure.
    Have we actually SEEN the PF2 requirements? Or are you taking a page from Mafic's "Make shit up as I go" book?

Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post
    Even though 7.2 will probably be a bit down the road, this is FAR sooner than I was expecting it (nice).

Since they buckled this soon (and even gave a patch for its arrival), I wonder if they have finally dumped the idea of delaying (or removing) flight in future expansions. Time will tell I guess.
    How did they buckle. They were pretty clear from the get go the flying would be IG at some point and it would be gated behind a pathfinder achievment.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    This is why I keep arguing for the inclusion of BOTH ways of playing by making ground and air mounts more equal in terms of power and utility. People should be able to play the way that they choose to instead of feeling like they have to deal with stuff they don't want to. People who want flying have to deal with the Pathfinder nonsense, and people who want to stay grounded feel like they're forced to use a flying mount to stay competitive.

So why not make a better system where both types of players get what they want?
    People feeling that they need to use a flying mount to "stay competitive" are just being obstinate most of the time. Who are they competing with? Other players? Because everything's on such a fast respawn rate these days that there is no real competition. I could understand those feeling left in the dust during Tanaan, but on the other hand... they chose not to get flying even after we'd been grounded quite some time in that place...

I don't see how a flying and a grounded mount could ever be made more "equal". One goes above everything, one doesn't no matter how fast it becomes. It's up to the players to decide how they play now that flying is an investment rather than a vendor item.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Pro-flyer here, and you're wrong in your silly assumption.
    Pro-flier here too.... and I doubt it.

I mean, think about it for a second. You get to choose your class, your spec, and your talents.

Wouldn't it be better, and more in line with the rest of the game, if you also got to choose whether to fly or not? And have that choice actually be one that impacts your character and gameplay as much as the choice of those things I just mentioned? It's clearly already effecting people's gameplay and enjoyment in a major way, so why NOT make the choice equal to it's impact?

Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post
    Even though 7.2 will probably be a bit down the road, this is FAR sooner than I was expecting it (nice).

Since they buckled this soon (and even gave a patch for its arrival), I wonder if they have finally dumped the idea of delaying (or removing) flight in future expansions. Time will tell I guess.
    "Buckled this soon"... Did you follow the no-flying debacle during WoD?

The model we're seeing now is likely what they'll be running with from here on out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Monkey View Post
    Pro-flier here too.... and I doubt it.
    Doubt what? That there are other pro-flyers that make sure to finish requirements for flying asap? Thinking you're somehow special in that department?

LOL!

I have it. Took 5 days. Then again I am not lazy and enjoy my ground mount. For a pro-flier? Probably take them 7-10 days for all the whining about having to do actual work and not being able to fly to everything.
    How did you go from 0 to exalted with the night fallen in 5 days?

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I mean, think about it for a second. You get to choose your class, your spec, and your talents.

Wouldn't it be better, and more in line with the rest of the game, if you also got to choose whether to fly or not? And have that choice actually be one that impacts your character and gameplay as much as the choice of those things I just mentioned? It's clearly already effecting people's gameplay and enjoyment in a major way, so why NOT make the choice equal to it's impact?
    It already is a choice which impacts your gameplay either way with the new Pathfinder system...

This compromise is fine, no need to further complicate shit just because people can't accept that both camps get what they want like adults.

"My immersions break if I see people fly in a fantasy game!!" = tough shit, it's here to stay, you'll have several months to indulge your ground fetishism licking every rock on your 200th passing through an area and feeling challenged by dumbass AI dazing you despite there being an item to prevent dazing in Legion... And, chances are that at least one new area in every expansion will be strictly no-fly. Hell, we'll be grounded for x amount of time come 7.2 either way.

"I can't play if I can't fly from the start!!" = Even tougher shit, the compromise we have no sure as hell is better than the alternative... no flying in new content ever again. If someone can't enjoy the bloody game unless they can fly, that's their own personal issue. The developers want us to conquer (see from a specific angle) their content before we're allowed the freedom of flight? Then that's what we'll get.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-11-07 at 06:01 PM.

Have we actually SEEN the PF2 requirements? Or are you taking a page from Mafic's "Make shit up as I go" book?

1. Pathfinder Part One, speaks for itself
    2. Defender of the Broken Isles. Probably has something to do with Invasions considering the Infernal moniker for its label.
    3. Legionfall Commander. More than likely finish the 3 buildings in Legionfall, or become exalted with the Faction.
    4. Explore Broken Shore. Speaks for itself.
    5. Breaching the Tomb. Probably a questline leading up to raiding the Tomb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Sounds like "None of your sorry asses will fly before 7.3"
    Top kek.

Jokes aside, I can easily see it taking upwards of a month, especially if it involves becoming Exalted with Legionfall.

Imo that's pretty practical.

It will be one of those things "flying in 7.2", but you'll only be able to actually fly months later. Keeping my expectations low at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    How are you trapped? To unlock Pathfinder Part 1, you have to do a bunch of content from launch. You're not just handed it.

It's literally the same exact thing with 7.2? How are you drawing that conclusion? Because you have to, again, work for it?
    haven't you looked at the shot?

Defender of the broken island: probably involve doing 50 of the new invasin
    Legionfall Commander Legionfall is the new campaign that involve the buildings and the new rep (so another rep to grind exalted)
    Explore of the broken shore
    Breaching the tomb probably the instance 5 man
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    haven't you looked at the shot?
    Considering I just stated what each of them likely are, yeah, I have.

And I fail to see a single issue with it?

Do your work for it. They come through simply playing the game anyways. I really can't see an issue with doing that.

I felt no need to rush getting Suramaritan, and got it like, a week after people grinded it hard.

Just play the game and you'll be fine. You're judging something before you have any idea how long it'll take, but if you wanna be practical, likely a month.

People feeling that they need to use a flying mount to "stay competitive" are just being obstinate most of the time. Who are they competing with? Other players? Because everything's on such a fast respawn rate these days that there is no real competition. I could understand those feeling left in the dust during Tanaan, but on the other hand... they chose not to get flying even after we'd been grounded quite some time in that place...
    The important part is how the player FEELS. Isn't that one of the major arguing points of a lot of pro-fliers? They just want to feel like their a hero, soaring above their enemies?

Even if they aren't directly competing against anyone else, they're still struggling with their own desire to use the power of flight over their chosen playstyle because it's more efficient. The whole "path of least resistance" argument. If the ground mounts were more powerful or had more utility, and flying mounts were maybe toned down a little, then they wouldn't have to be put in that situation.

I don't see how a flying and a grounded mount could ever be made more "equal". One goes above everything, one doesn't no matter how fast it becomes. It's up to the players to decide how they play now that flying is an investment rather than a vendor item.
    Well, it's something that would need to be addressed from several different angles. We've been over this quite a bit in the previous thread, so I won't go into the full detail. But basically Flying would need to become a little more dangerous, through things like patrols of enemy fliers, environmental hazards, and better ground design to make flying have to risk something to land on top of objectives. The core mechanics of flying would probably need to change slightly as well, to make it more interactive instead of full-unlimited-hover on all axis. Not a lot of change, because WoW doesn't need to be a flight-sim. But just enough to keep players from hovering/helicoptering.

Ground mounts could be improved in a number of ways. We've already seen things like the waterstrider. But we can take it a step further with abilities like being able to climb walls, blink, glide, leap, stay mounted in combat, dismount protection, or even buffs to various combat stats while mounted.

I'm not saying that ALL of this has to be used, or that all of these are even the best way to go about reaching parity between the two types of mounts. They're just ideas and possibilities. Even if none of that ends up being feasible, all Blizzard really has to do is release new content zones that have both open areas AND ground-only areas. A new zone where half of it is open to the sky, but has lots of buildings, caves, or portals leading to areas where only ground mounts work, and fill both types of areas(ground and air) with relevant objectives that will bring players together again and again and again, like with WQs or Invasions.

Considering I just stated what each of them likely are, yeah, I have.

And I fail to see a single issue with it?

Do your work for it. They come through simply playing the game anyways. I really can't see an issue with doing that.

I felt no need to rush getting Suramaritan, and got it like, a week after people grinded it hard.

Just play the game and you'll be fine. You're judging something before you have any idea how long it'll take, but if you wanna be practical, likely a month.
    are you trolling? it's not how much it take it's the fact that you need to basically complete the patch and flying will only be useful to alts.
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

are you trolling? it's not how much it take it's the fact that you need to basically complete the patch and flying will only be useful to alts.
    Yeah.

And?

Yeah.

And?
    i don't like it

problem?

i don't like it

problem?
    I just find it laughable if anything.

I like that they are implementing flight again, also class flying mount!

BUT I'd rather they make some no fly areas like in MoP, like Suramar City and some other elite mob areas, just like they did in with Isle of Giants and Isle of Thunder, pretty plx.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as it does not have PVP or Mythic dungeons I don't have any problom with it