Actually let me rephrase that.

A vote for Bernie at this point, is a vote for Egotism. Why do I say this? This is a man who has SPECIFICALLY asked that you not do that, in order to make sure his candidate, Hillary Clinton is President.

If you vote for him now, over that request, it is really a vote for YOURSELF. You are voting for Bernie not because you want to make yourself feel good about something that isn't a real protest in any meaningful way. It is an expression of nothing. There will not be a magic fifth line on CNN's screen that says "and look at this, 20,000 votes for Bernie Sanders!".

It is to make yourself feel good in the very immediate sense - in the polling booth, and that's it. It's the very definition of a wasted vote, coming from the guy whose name you're writing in.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    I'm not going to be able to vote until late afternoon tomorrow. If I see that my state is "safe" Hillary, I'll write in Bernie. If it's close at all, there's no choice. Hillary is a saint compared to Trump. Trump is blatantly fascist, and him getting elected will mean the US turns into 1936 Germany.
    As a fellow Ohioan I would say to vote Hillary if that's what you're leaning towards. Plus don't the votes get counted only when the polls close, so how would you know it was safe for Hillary?

I would just sit home and not waste hours of my life to write in a candidate that won't even get .01% of the national vote. Maybe I'm crazy, but my life is better spent doing school work than trying to make a political statement that won't even make a ripple in the ocean and will be forgotten in a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    A true patriot sticks to their guns.

I'm voting Bernie. Stand your ground.
    Wrong. A true patriot compromises and accepts half a loaf of bread when it's in their interests. There is absolutely nothing patriotic about being an absolutionist.

Hey don't take my word for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    A selfish idiot puts his own pride over real measurable gains.
    You either die fighting, or die a coward.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post

A vote for Bernie at this point, is a vote for Egotism. Why do I say this? This is a man who has SPECIFICALLY asked that you not do that, in order to make sure his candidate, Hillary Clinton is President.

If you vote for him now, over that request, it is really a vote for YOURSELF. You are voting for Bernie not because you want to make yourself feel good about something that isn't a real protest in any meaningful way. It is an expression of nothing. There will not be a magic fifth line on CNN's screen that says "and look at this, 20,000 votes for Bernie Sanders!".

It is to make yourself feel good in the very immediate sense - in the polling booth, and that's it. It's the very definition of a wasted vote, coming from the guy whose name you're writing in.
    You nailed it. Voting for Sanders now is patting yourself on the back and telling yourself a good job while you're actively hurting the chance that the majority of his agenda actually ends up in the white house.

Its narcissism and egotism under the guise of "sticking to your guns" even when Sanders himself is saying to not do it.

Because such facile sloganeering is how the world... or anything for that matters... works.

By the way you're not "fighting" anybody. You're the outvoted faction of the liberal part of the center-left party of this country. Votes were had. You were out-numbered.

Be classy, not obnoxiously stubborn, in your defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21 View Post
    And Snopes didn't even dismiss this, if you actually read. Just hasn't been proven. The methodology of the paper is sound.
    It really isn't. They're using the discrepancy between exit polls and actual results to infer "fraud".

That's why we have peer review.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I don't think people voted for Bernie because of some cult of personality around him, it was because of what he stood for, and what the Bernie movement stood for is against everything that Hillary Clinton represents. I think most Bernie bros know how it went down:

The brought Bernie into a dark room, one of Hillary's jackals held him down in a chair and another one popped out a tactical knife and pressed it to his right cheek and said 'we are here to make sure you get a message, and whether you get that message will determine if you and your wife and several of your grandchildren are going to the Democratic National Convention or whether you are going to have your plane crash into the back hills of Wisconsin.'

Bernie got the message, he wasn't willing to be a martyr for the cause, but the Bernie bros don't have to make that same decision.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

How many people do you know who died fighting?

We die in our comfortable first world hospital beds, surrounded by the best modern medical science has to offer, old and fat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Because such facile sloganeering is how the world... or anything for that matters... works.

By the way you're not "fighting" anybody. You're the outvoted faction of the liberal part of the center-left party of this country. Votes were had. You were out-numbered.

Be classy, not obnoxiously stubborn, in your defeat.
    You can't defeat an idea. Bernie wasn't a man. He was an idea.

I will carry his name to the ballot, I will be his torch-bearer in the darkness that snuffed his flame, even if that torch be a smoldering stick.

I still have my Bernie 2016 shirt from back in April baby, I'll wear it to the ballot!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

We die in our comfortable first world hospital beds, surrounded by the best modern medical science has to offer, old and fat.
    I like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I don't think people voted for Bernie because of some cult of personality around him, it was because of what he stood for, and what the Bernie movement stood for is against everything that Hillary Clinton represents. I think most Bernie bros know how it went down:

The brought Bernie into a dark room, one of Hillary's jackals held him down in a chair and another one popped out a tactical knife and pressed it to his right cheek and said 'we are here to make sure you get a message, and whether you get that message will determine if you and your wife and several of your grandchildren are going to the Democratic National Convention or whether you are going to have your plane crash into the back hills of Wisconsin.'

Bernie got the message, he wasn't willing to be a martyr for the cause, but the Bernie bros don't have to make that same decision.
    So we're now inventing scenarios to justify narcissistic beliefs? If you actually believe this, you don't get to protest the next war launched on shaky evidence, because you will actually have engaged in the exact same behavior of filling in knowledge gaps with beliefs.

So we're now inventing scenarios to justify narcissistic beliefs? If you actually believe this, you don't get to protest the next war launched on shaky evidence, because you will actually have engaged in the exact same behavior of filling in knowledge gaps with beliefs.
    I think that its fair to infer that the Clintons don't conduct business too much differently from their Saudi Arabian backers who have a whole desert filled with those they 'disappeared'.
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Bernie was proof politics isn't about being popular and being for the people. It's about money and corruption.

But Bernie will live on, and his people will take his word over the presidents. He has more power than he realizes. Bernie can inspire congregation through a Twitter post, and that is what I stand for. Not the quack in the suit.

You can't defeat an idea. Bernie wasn't a man. He was an idea.

I will carry his name to the ballot, I will be his torch-bearer in the darkness that snuffed his flame, even if that torch be a smoldering stick.

I still have my Bernie 2016 shirt from back in April baby, I'll wear it to the ballot!
    You absolutely can defeat an idea. Who ever told you that? You can actually do it in three steps.

Step 1: Buy off the the ones you can.

Step 2: Throw a sufficient amount of bones to the marginal people who are indifferent

Step 3: Malign and isolate the dead enders.

I just described both how Hillary and Trump took over their parties after contentious, and broadly how the US fought terrorism in Iraq. It's kind of a universal approach. Why? Belief depends on people and people are if nothing else, fickle and can be counted upon to put self interest first.

In any event, you're entitled to do whatever you want of course. But you're making no point and nobody cares.

It's more amusing than anything that you think ideas can't be smacked down hard. Centrist Democrats have been successfully doing that since Dukakis blew it in 1988.

The greatest tragedy of the Bernie Bro is that they managed to convinced themselves that "this time it's different". Yes. Except for 2008 (Barack Obama). And 2004 (Howard Dean). And 2000 (Bill Bradley). And 1992 (Jerry Brown / Paul Tsongas).

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

I know some. Had a uncle who died in WW2. My son has served 4 tours in Iraq in the 82nd Airborne. He knew some who did. You are correct it is not that common now, but let us not forget the over 8 thousand who did die in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I think that its fair to infer that the Clintons don't conduct business too much differently from their Saudi Arabian backers who have a whole desert filled with those they 'disappeared'.
    No. It is in fact, not at all fair. Your little scenario is extraordinary. Such an extraordinary accusation requires extraordinary evidence.

You might as well accused the Clinton's as being Lizard-Men in rubber skins.

Bernie was proof politics isn't about being popular and being for the people. It's about money and corruption.

But Bernie will live on, and his people will take his word over the presidents. He has more power than he realizes. Bernie can inspire congregation through a Twitter post, and that is what I stand for. Not the quack in the suit.
    He should never have endorsed Clinton, and why didn't he retract his endorsement when the extent to which the DNC rigged the primaries was revealed? It really seemed like he was a man who had strong convictions, so either he was bought off or something more sinister happened. Heck, he would have done more good for his cause if he had endorsed Jill Stein.

He should never have endorsed Clinton, and why didn't he retract his endorsement when the extent to which the DNC rigged the primaries was revealed? It really seemed like he was a man who had strong convictions, so either he was bought off or something more sinister happened. Heck, he would have done more good for his cause if he had endorsed Jill Stein.
    Because compromising and accepting half a loaf is what people over the age of 15 do.

No. It is in fact, not at all fair. Your little scenario is extraordinary. Such an extraordinary accusation requires extraordinary evidence.

You might as well accused the Clinton's as being Lizard-Men in rubber skins.
    All you have to do is look at powerful people who sought state power throughout history, we like to pretend that human nature magically works different in our country but in almost all other cases you see people who literally had skeletons buried all over the place.