Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Troll Threads -> Epic Troll Threads -> Jlck Troll Threads

wbat we really need is bad dps protection. if you cant reach 90th percentile as dps you get no loot period.

Quote Originally Posted by Servos View Post
    Troll Threads -> Epic Troll Threads -> Jlck Troll Threads
    Seriously enough with this. Why do people always come in these threads to bash the OP?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Especially in LFD/LFR, should the game have some sort of "bad tank" protection if in fact the tank isn't pulling their weight / wiping the group / failing at pulls etc?

I've seen so many bad tanks when I do happen to use the LFD tool for the daily heroic, its almost getting unbearable. It really seems like the queue section of the player base has fallen in skill this expansion. Could just be my experience though.

So getting back to penalizing bad tanks, maybe if they solo queued for the bag, they don't get the bag at the end of the run? Or instead of 3 players required to vote kick, only 2 are needed? What suggestions can we make to fix the bad tank situation?
    vote-kick exists for this when they truly are being bad and not just new.

Then again, it's Jaylock. So it's probably about as serious as a jumping mushroom in a pink pyjamas

this has got to be one of the funniest threads i've ever seen. really.

on topic though. lets be clear. the tank no longer really is the key of the group in legion, its now the healer. if your healer cant cut it, just throw int he towel, because tanks we don't even get to call shots anymore. we just keep aggro really and move the boss around.

and as many people have pointed out, there's far more shit dps than shit tanks, maybe op is blind, but half the time i queue for a heroic im doing more dps than the dps.

and while i'm at it, i think its funny people saying tanks and healers are in a 'special bubble of instant queueing' we are instant only because there's less of us with the balls to get out of the 'special bubble' of big dick dps and no responsibility that dps live in, so lets call a spade a spade shall we? you want more parity between healers and tanks? ROLL ONE.
    Last edited by chaos61988; 2016-11-08 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Seriously enough with this. Why do people always come in these threads to bash the OP?
    You're absolutely right. If I see "Should bad tanks be penalized if the run doesn't go smooth?" and I say "what a fucking stupid idea" , I should stay away and not see who thought this was a good idea. And if I do click, I should just not comment. No sarcasm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    P.S. I know Jaylock thread... Weren't you a big fan of no-queue content and now you complain about the queue content, isn't that a bit weird? I personally do very little queue content unless I have a garrison, sorry order hall quest for lfr / dungeon or there is WQ for hefty reward in a dungeon. I don't see a reason to do daily heroic for AP if you can run a m+ with friends and save yourself "random" experiences.
    I still am not a fan of queue content, but the very few times that I do queue I don't want my runs to be filled with cesspool tanks, or any bad play for that matter.

You're absolutely right. If I see "Should bad tanks be penalized if the run doesn't go smooth?" and I say "what a fucking stupid idea" , I should stay away and not see who thought this was a good idea. And if I do click, I should just not comment. No sarcasm.
    Then comment related to the topic and not the poster. No need for name calling in the thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry you feel the need to lash out just because you disagree. Serious question though, why do you come rushing to the aid of bad tanks? Why do you feel like you need to defend bad gameplay?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    There should be a system that forces every warrior, paladin, death knight, demon hunter, monk and Druid into their tank spec if the queue takes longer than 50 seconds for a healer.

The outright disgust when you're stuck as a healer in a group with a DK, DH and Ret pally sitting around waiting for a tank. you could be twice as useful if you change specs you turds.
    Someone's pretty butthurt. Deal with it. If blizz forced me to tank I would ask my $ back. Simple.

Brilliant. This will surely reduce queue times.

I barely want to queue for stuff on my tank as it is, due to idiotic or downright bad DPSers, or, on the other hand, DPSers who think they're "pro." Luckily, Blizzard will never implement something as idiotic as this suggestion.

Deleted
    Putting up with idiotic comments and suggestions like OP, should be punishment enough for even the worst tank imaginable?

How about we use a carrot instead?

How about we offer really nice rewards for known good tanks to carry "newbies"?

By that I mean let's have a checkbox for "I'm new" and "I'm willing to teach". I have no problem teaching people willing to learn or even people who want to be carried --- so long as I know what I'm walking in to.

The OP has a point that it is a problem in that people will queue as tanks for the shorter queue when they have no taking gear or tanking knowledge. For raids there is usually at least one DPS that can take over so you can go ahead and kick him and you should. In 5 mans it is problem. Unfortunately your best bet is just to kick him and endure and a rather long wait for the next tank. Any other solution would carry more perils than benefits.

Conversely how do you think tanks feel about doing a 5 man with 3 DPS where none of them can break 100k?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I still am not a fan of queue content, but the very few times that I do queue I don't want my runs to be filled with cesspool tanks, or any bad play for that matter.
    Random queue content by default will be filled with random players. Some of them will be good some of them will be bad. Non queue content is there to let players cherry pick their teammates and protect themselves from "bad play", does it work in practice is another story, depends if you pug and have no indicator of a skill of a stranger or just run with guild / friends.

The whole idea of queue content is to be all-inclusive. It's there for all the players who can't get into any other content due to lack of skill, gear, time or ability to socialize.

It's like going to the cheapest, worst-reputation bar in the vicinity and then complaining about bad mannered drunkards bothering you in there.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2016-11-08 at 04:26 PM.

Deleted
    Ironically they used PG silver as a requirement for heroics in WoD, which was to make sure people "were up to the task". And generally it was not well received.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    because jaylock is known to make troll threads
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, if I find myself healing more then my healer. Do I get their bag also?

Quote Originally Posted by BannedForViews View Post
    yes, forcing people to do something because you find it useful is always the solution. That idea has NEVER been a bad one in the history of humanity. it's even MORE applicable because you know, this is a video game, which people play for enjoyment.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Did it ever occur to you that this is a video game and not everyone enjoys playing every role? I play tank and healer and to be honest with you I cannot begrudge anyone that doesn't enjoy the playstyle. It's honestly not for everyone.
    Oh my bad. I failed to realize we were taking this thread 100% seriously.
    Fuck Election Day, people are on a whole new level of debate hostility.

This forum should have Jaylock protection.