10+ Year Old Account
    I have a new found hatred for Chimaeras. Floors 180-190 have patrolling Chimaeras. So, almost all of their abilities one shot unless you're a tank or a pet. It does an aoe lightning that you need to hug, and an aoe frost that needs to run that are untelegraphed (and some other telegraphed obviousness). They hit decently hard so it's not like rolling them over. It's not too bad until you got 7 of them fucking coming up conga style and just one by one trying to murder you to the point where you're oom and actually decently worried about not dying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    You know that Tanks can put out solid damage, can interrupt and have to dodge unavoidable damage too right? So if I were to follow your example, the logical conslusion is that you proved my point all along. Tanks have to do everything a DPS does and a little bit more. therefore they possess more responsibility.

Mind stating what class you play that you consider boring/broken/whatever else?

Agreed that Legion is not very alt friendly for the average player. With that said though, I could argue that FF14 is just as alt unfriendly as WoW. Farming a relic weapon on one job, doesn't transfer over to alt jobs. Buying tomestone gear is gated weekly which limits you to one class as well, thus limiting alt growth. I could also argue that FF14 is MORE alt friendly than WoW (and I personally agree), but I would not say it is an alt friendly game for the reasons above. Fun fact BNS is worse than both of them. Very alt-unfriendly.

I also agree that the two of them being mainstream is VERY good for us MMO'ers for all the reasons others have already stated. As they continue to iterate systems that players like they'll become better games.

Agreed definitely a good thing, I can imagine you'd be annoyed that they finally commit to it now (when it's too late for you as a player).

May I ask what your chosen class was?
    Ffxiv Is alt CLASS friendly but full on alt unfriendly wow is both. Mostly because we need to do the story over and over on every alt which can get old fast. In ffxiv we just need to once.

Well i got my NIN Relic (picture here because photoshop is a sea of browser crashing pop up ads right now - http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.c...take-long.html) and i am so wary of whats next. This quest confirms the next stage is the final form and it involves repairing an Allagan Machine so i'm expecting the worst grind yet to finish it off followed by another pity victory lap glow quest

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    I have a new found hatred for Chimaeras. Floors 180-190 have patrolling Chimaeras. So, almost all of their abilities one shot unless you're a tank or a pet. It does an aoe lightning that you need to hug, and an aoe frost that needs to run that are untelegraphed (and some other telegraphed obviousness). They hit decently hard so it's not like rolling them over. It's not too bad until you got 7 of them fucking coming up conga style and just one by one trying to murder you to the point where you're oom and actually decently worried about not dying.
    So typical chimaera mobs in this game...only here you can have more than one at a time. Sounds like fun. o.o

Agreed that Legion is not very alt friendly for the average player. With that said though, I could argue that FF14 is just as alt unfriendly as WoW. Farming a relic weapon on one job, doesn't transfer over to alt jobs. Buying tomestone gear is gated weekly which limits you to one class as well, thus limiting alt growth. I could also argue that FF14 is MORE alt friendly than WoW (and I personally agree), but I would not say it is an alt friendly game for the reasons above. Fun fact BNS is worse than both of them. Very alt-unfriendly.
    From the gearing perspective, buying tomestone gear is limited to one class to be geared at utmost optimum choice, sure. But until WoW, the idea of an alt was something on the side, not 10 classes in BiS gear like it was no big deal (*cough* Cataclym *cough*). XIV does a decent job with that. I mean right now I'm in a mix of i250 and 260 on my main (NIN) and I've got most of left side gear in 250 for tank. I don't need anything for NIN in Alex anymore, so now I could run Alex to gear tank in 250 while filling up NIN in 260 gear. That's two jobs geared up close to each other, but the alt is just under. And in 2 weeks, that tank can have a 250 weapon as well.

Next patch I can use Void Ark's final entry to gather up 250 gear for a third class fairly easily.

That's without factoring in Savage raiding and using Extreme Primals right when they release as a half step in the equation and it doesn't factor in the relic as a weapon route or if you're leveling a new job you can have a decent weapon the moment you hit 60 if you utilize Palace of the Dead.

XIV is really not too bad on gearing alt jobs and there are a lot of options to do so. And if you're particularly behind, the new dungeons add pretty quick catch up gear as well.

That said, for me, WoW's system of having actual alts is more fun for me than just having multiple jobs on one character. I like the variety of different characters doing different things and imagining who that character is. In XIV so far I've played one alt up to 50 in the pre-Heavensward lull month and it as primarily to unlock the FC private chambers so I could make a sufficiently piratey cabin style room.

I expect in a later patch, Blizzard will further ease the alt'ability of Legion by making faster and faster methods of transferring Artifact Knowledge to alts or making Artifact Knowledge an account based thing. They're already making rep changes and gated aspects account wide. I imagine the Suramar storyline will require those DF queable heroic dungeons rather than mythic as well.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2016-11-08 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    ...but do they drop mimics that drop mimics that drop mimics that drops mimics that drop a pomander of strength, though?
    Or after all that they explode in your face >_>

Its always fun so much trolling XD.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    XIV is really not too bad on gearing alt jobs and there are a lot of options to do so. And if you're particularly behind, the new dungeons add pretty quick catch up gear as well.

That said, for me, WoW's system of having actual alts is more fun for me than just having multiple jobs on one character. I like the variety of different characters doing different things and imagining who that character is. In XIV so far I've played one alt up to 50 in the pre-Heavensward lull month and it as primarily to unlock the FC private chambers so I could make a sufficiently piratey cabin style room.
    For me that has always been the biggest road block actually.

After 10 years of wow I never made it past my max level hunter (and a lv 80 DK raided with it on Wotlk) and a laundry list of alts somewhere between 20-80 ish (used a lv boost on one and brute forced leveled a druid in Mop just to be able to gather) but I was never really able to get in to them seriously.

In ff14 i have 2 max lv classes a WHM and DRK my main WHM.
    Have all Crafters leveled to 60, miner and botanist lv 60 as well fishing is still on the road when i am bored.
    Even started working on my SCH/SMN recently and even been messing around on a bard the last couple of days.
    No messing around with inviting alts to the guild. Just being able to swap on the fly when needed gave me incentive to work on other classes as well. that ans a lot of different ways to get geared up helps as well.
    Last edited by Malackai; 2016-11-08 at 02:31 PM.

Can't speak for Legion, but I could easily get alt jobs geared to respectable levels right now in FF14. That said, keep in mind one very important detail: I'm a crafter. Specifically, GSM/LTW/WVR spec, which covers a LOT of armor.

- Scripture: Goes to BLM for at least this week and next; I have 260 anima weapon so will save up my gears from A12 for now
    - Alex: I'm a shaft and cog away from gloves and chest for tank set, which will then be complete until I start throwing scripture items at it in a few weeks. I'll get 2 bolts from 9 and 10 for my healing set I'll cobble together next. After that, I'll just do 9 and 10 for neck and wrist for other jobs (possibly belts as well, depending on the job)
    - Crafting: Minus wrist and neck (all from CRP spec), I can cover pretty much all left and right side for caster and healer (the latter of which I'll make next). After that, I can make nearly everything for MNK, NIN, BRD and MCH as well (belts for those are from ARM, I think).
    - Weapons: Sophia Ex/PoTD, or if I'm having a hard time with those somehow, just buy one off MB. Sadly I can only craft the BLM and AST weapons.

All of this sounds like a lot of work, in a way...well, having a max level crafter in this game doesn't happen overnight. It's turned out to be so worth it, though. Kinda looking forward to getting my remaining anima weapons to 260 so I can go back to buying mats with lore, although I believe I have enough mats on hand to build the healer set as well as MNK (which is the only other job I have interest in playing at 60 besides tank/healer/BLM).

so any hints/rumors on if kefka will be showing his face, since we are coming up to the last of the warring triad?

Quote Originally Posted by cocoapuffs View Post
    so any hints/rumors on if kefka will be showing his face, since we are coming up to the last of the warring triad?
    I doubt it will actually be Kefka, but I think the Garlean that we've been encountering is essentially going to be his stand in.

I'm actually hoping that we don't see Regula or the Emperor become the stand in for Kefka. Both have much more potential as long term rivals/antagonists I believe. If Regula does end up going down that path, though, I can't see it happening willingly. Both his behaviour in-game and the wording of the lore book makes it clear that he's a pretty decent guy (though obviously his interests are purely based around Garlemald and protecting the Emperor).

I'd much prefer that white robed 'Ascian' to become 'Kefka'. Having him go down that route would be more unexpected - and he is seemingly serving Elidibus so whether or not it happens intentionally on his part could serve to make it all the more tragic.

I do think something bad is going to happen once Zurvan (the last of the trio) is defeated. It just seems far too convenient for me and I predict a massive 'Nice Job Breaking It Hero' moment on part of the Warrior of Light and the Scions.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I primarily played a Warlock. I tried to make the switch to a Warrior numerous times but felt obligated to stick with my Warlock simply because that was the character I had achieved so much on. Even when a lot of stuff became 'account bound' I was still faced with the predicament of my Warlock having items that could never again be acquired elsewhere.

It's largely why I love FFXIV's approach - I can have one character and do everything on them. If I lose interest in one job I can switch to another easily enough without losing progress elsewhere.
    Ah, a Warlock. That would probably explain the pain. I am a single toon guy. I don't have any REAL alts. As a matter of a fact I don't think I even have a single other level 100, let alone 110. I still have 2 boosts on my account, because if I do want a new character its typically for the leveling journey, not the endgame grind.

I will say it here and now - I think FF14s alt system as terribly designed as it is, is superior to WoWs. I do however see where some people who may want say a female caster, but male tank etc., suffer from this. I understand there are purchasable cosmetic swaps to accommodate this need, but that is not a valid solution to the average player.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Warlock is my main and has been since I started playing this game.

Class fantasy based around being a stationary turret and having the tools to absorb the damage you take. Yeah that doesn't really work when boss mechanics at higher difficulties one shot you or close enough were it just becomes a burden on the healers.
    Fair enough - Warlocks really did get the short end this expansion (ps. I'm a Ret, so its nice to not be terrible for once these past 6 years, even if its at your expense).

I am REALLY glad I have the cheat death legendary bracers + my cheat death bubble. It makes for some incredibly fun, degenerate gameplay.

Affliction Artifact weapon that hasn't been fixed since Beta ever since it got redesigned and got told "we'll fix it before Legion is out". Yeah we're waiting.
    I will tell you right now 100% that Blizzards QA dept is the worst I have ever seen it, it's honestly a disgrace. Content is pushed riddled with bugs relying on the playerbase to find them all, then when they are found (i.e. in beta or live) they go unfixed for months. Ret has one too, making a talent completely useless at the moment.

Having to go all in into either decent cleave or decent ST with no in between were you can do a bit of both. Is that a bad thing? Not really but when you have a few other classes that can do both without a huge drawback well yeah that ain't fun. They've done a really bad job of balancing this expansion. Well no actually its not really that much worse than any other expansion but the Artifact system makes it stand out more.
    I don't actually see as large of a dps imbalance as people imply. I know there are outliers, but generally every class is viable (some specs withstanding). With that said though, there is definitely an elephant in the room when it comes to having to choose between ST/AOE/Cleave. I wholeheartedly agree with you it is not fun having to choose between these. I long advocated that the better talent design paradigm would be 3 talents that effect one specific thing in different ways. Changing AOE type to Cone/Line, changing range on abilities, changing costs of abilities, etc, not this mess they have now. Every class should have the ability to do all 3 well, baseline. No exceptions.

Of course cant forget a big one is that we don't have an interrupt unless you're Affliction. That's a big deal in a Mythic+ scenario were lack of interrupts can lead to wipes.
    I'm torn here. I understand that not having an interrupt sucks, but if ranged had perfect reliable interrupts like melee why bother bringing melee when ranged are at less risk, deal more damage (most of the time), and are usually more mobile?

It honestly sucks because I had fun in the two months that I had played Legion. Progressing through EN while not the best raid was fun. Doing high level of Mythic+s was some of the most fun I've had in WoW. World Quests got stale fast but still some fun to be had occasionally there with some of the more unique ones.
    Agreed.

Its not that bad though. Gear mostly is shared between classes so if you play one tank you have a base set for all three of them. Same goes for most other classes. The only item being the weapon which isn't so hard to get. A 255 is perfectly fine for anything you're going to do compared to having to grind out all that AP to be even relevant.
    Tomestone gear is now shared between roles? I.e. War/PLD? I know accessories are.

If you're going to argue that a weaker weapon is "perfectly fine", then i'm going to argue that a lower level artifact is fine for anything you're going to do as well. That's kind of the entire point of my post. Is that some of you are saying oh its fine in FF14, but shit in WoW, when its pretty obvious both games suffer the same issue. I'm arguing both games have the same issue. Sure you can hardcore grind out equal gear across alts/jobs, but then again you COULD in WoW if you wanted too as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    Putting out damage would fall into the category of holding enmity, doing a lot of damage would be going above and beyond (if you bothered reading the little bit I wrote below, this would be explained). Interrupting is something they are capable of, NOT a requirement, doing so would be a mark of a superior tank. Avoidable damage falls into the category of "survival".

So, still not seeing this "more responsibility" that you profess they have. Honestly, it's like saying that DPS have the responsibility for maintaining health with defensive cooldowns, using their enmity management skills to avoid taking extra enmity (or redirecting it, in the NIN case), using a heal cooldown (like that monk skill) if they DO take damage, or providing group boosting skills like tp/mp regen, increased damage done to the target and debuff for enemy stats (like blunt resist and INT reduction). While also doing damage, avoiding taking the extra damage and interrupting.

You are making tanks out to be more complicated than it actually is, hence the illusion.
    See below.

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    What am I even reading.... no all of the above are not the job of a superior tank. They are the job of every tank in a raid environment. And I m assuming we re talking about raid environment because outside of it every role can slack and not do their job and it wont matter.
    I cannot see how during progression in FFXIV savage raid the tanks can slack with their dmg and still get past the dps checks. Pulling a steady 1300+ as DRK now (could be doing better I guess) and we re just on point on a12s.
    This guy gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    My whole argument is that it isn't an additional responsibility put on the tank, it's something that happens naturally playing the role. In non-raid content DPS is slackable, obviously, and that you can focus on the enmity gen rotation and survival. But in raids the rotation isn't so much that it can be argued as much more responsibility for a tank. If that were the case, then just maintaining proper positioning for a monk to be doing optimal dps would be "additional" responsibility. Interrupting is typically doable with competent dps, without absolutely needing a tank to do it. I'm not saying they can't/shouldn't/wouldn't, but honestly the tank could use their interrupts more offensively or for enmity gen and the actual interrupting could be handled by dps.
    LOL this one actually made me laugh out loud at work. If i was drinking milk it would have erupted from my nose violently.

So to be clear here, you're saying that the additional responsibility the tank is faced with occurs naturally playing the role?

Thanks for agreeing with me. That's what I've been saying all along.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Ffxiv Is alt CLASS friendly but full on alt unfriendly wow is both. Mostly because we need to do the story over and over on every alt which can get old fast. In ffxiv we just need to once.
    I agree with your first statement. However, the second - couldn't I just argue that doing the story over and over on every alt sucks just as much as spam running the same dungeons, or doing the same fates over and over again? PotD not-withstanding.

From the gearing perspective, buying tomestone gear is limited to one class to be geared at utmost optimum choice, sure. But until WoW, the idea of an alt was something on the side, not 10 classes in BiS gear like it was no big deal (*cough* Cataclym *cough*). XIV does a decent job with that. I mean right now I'm in a mix of i250 and 260 on my main (NIN) and I've got most of left side gear in 250 for tank. I don't need anything for NIN in Alex anymore, so now I could run Alex to gear tank in 250 while filling up NIN in 260 gear. That's two jobs geared up close to each other, but the alt is just under. And in 2 weeks, that tank can have a 250 weapon as well.
    I can't disagree with this, but you COULD do the same in WoW. You could literally gear up a second DPS to 860 and artifact to like 20 (main is 870 w/30) for a the effort. That's 2 jobs geared up close to each other right?

I expect in a later patch, Blizzard will further ease the alt'ability of Legion by making faster and faster methods of transferring Artifact Knowledge to alts or making Artifact Knowledge an account based thing. They're already making rep changes and gated aspects account wide. I imagine the Suramar storyline will require those DF queable heroic dungeons rather than mythic as well.
    I touched on it above a little bit. I do agree that FF14s system is better. The gear catchups in WoW help you get caught up nice and quick too, esp with all the different routes of attaining it (dungeons, WQs, pvp, etc.).

As far as your RP comment goes, I agree. Personally I'm a one toon person, but I can completely see/understand the draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Can't speak for Legion, but I could easily get alt jobs geared to respectable levels right now in FF14. That said, keep in mind one very important detail: I'm a crafter. Specifically, GSM/LTW/WVR spec, which covers a LOT of armor.

- Scripture: Goes to BLM for at least this week and next; I have 260 anima weapon so will save up my gears from A12 for now
    - Alex: I'm a shaft and cog away from gloves and chest for tank set, which will then be complete until I start throwing scripture items at it in a few weeks. I'll get 2 bolts from 9 and 10 for my healing set I'll cobble together next. After that, I'll just do 9 and 10 for neck and wrist for other jobs (possibly belts as well, depending on the job)
    - Crafting: Minus wrist and neck (all from CRP spec), I can cover pretty much all left and right side for caster and healer (the latter of which I'll make next). After that, I can make nearly everything for MNK, NIN, BRD and MCH as well (belts for those are from ARM, I think).
    - Weapons: Sophia Ex/PoTD, or if I'm having a hard time with those somehow, just buy one off MB. Sadly I can only craft the BLM and AST weapons.

All of this sounds like a lot of work, in a way...well, having a max level crafter in this game doesn't happen overnight. It's turned out to be so worth it, though. Kinda looking forward to getting my remaining anima weapons to 260 so I can go back to buying mats with lore, although I believe I have enough mats on hand to build the healer set as well as MNK (which is the only other job I have interest in playing at 60 besides tank/healer/BLM).
    That's a lot of playtime lol. I'd imagine you could have quite a few alts in WoW cutting edge geared , which kinda proves me point
    Last edited by Wrecktangle; 2016-11-08 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    rrraagghblhgbhgblghbglhglhbgl

5 deep dungeon runs trying to level PLD doing 41-50 and every time i had a different MCH in ironworks gear spamming knockback while pulling more mobs and running over traps and then running off to grab 4 coffinbros that are roaming going "FFS HEAL ME PLD!" and every single one with a name based on illidan or sylvanas.

MCH was a mistake. This is worse than DRG ever was.
    I really wanna find/start a LS on my server for deep dungeon so I can grab a premade and just hammer PoTD without having to worry about horribad pugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, a Warlock. That would probably explain the pain. I am a single toon guy. I don't have any REAL alts. As a matter of a fact I don't think I even have a single other level 100, let alone 110. I still have 2 boosts on my account, because if I do want a new character its typically for the leveling journey, not the endgame grind.

I will say it here and now - I think FF14s alt system as terribly designed as it is, is superior to WoWs. I do however see where some people who may want say a female caster, but male tank etc., suffer from this. I understand there are purchasable cosmetic swaps to accommodate this need, but that is not a valid solution to the average player.

Fair enough - Warlocks really did get the short end this expansion (ps. I'm a Ret, so its nice to not be terrible for once these past 6 years, even if its at your expense).

I am REALLY glad I have the cheat death legendary bracers + my cheat death bubble. It makes for some incredibly fun, degenerate gameplay.

I will tell you right now 100% that Blizzards QA dept is the worst I have ever seen it, it's honestly a disgrace. Content is pushed riddled with bugs relying on the playerbase to find them all, then when they are found (i.e. in beta or live) they go unfixed for months. Ret has one too, making a talent completely useless at the moment.

I don't actually see as large of a dps imbalance as people imply. I know there are outliers, but generally every class is viable (some specs withstanding). With that said though, there is definitely an elephant in the room when it comes to having to choose between ST/AOE/Cleave. I wholeheartedly agree with you it is not fun having to choose between these. I long advocated that the better talent design paradigm would be 3 talents that effect one specific thing in different ways. Changing AOE type to Cone/Line, changing range on abilities, changing costs of abilities, etc, not this mess they have now. Every class should have the ability to do all 3 well, baseline. No exceptions.

I'm torn here. I understand that not having an interrupt sucks, but if ranged had perfect reliable interrupts like melee why bother bringing melee when ranged are at less risk, deal more damage (most of the time), and are usually more mobile?

Agreed.

Tomestone gear is now shared between roles? I.e. War/PLD? I know accessories are.

If you're going to argue that a weaker weapon is "perfectly fine", then i'm going to argue that a lower level artifact is fine for anything you're going to do as well. That's kind of the entire point of my post. Is that some of you are saying oh its fine in FF14, but shit in WoW, when its pretty obvious both games suffer the same issue. I'm arguing both games have the same issue. Sure you can hardcore grind out equal gear across alts/jobs, but then again you COULD in WoW if you wanted too as well.

See below.

This guy gets it.

LOL this one actually made me laugh out loud at work. If i was drinking milk it would have erupted from my nose violently.

So to be clear here, you're saying that the additional responsibility the tank is faced with occurs naturally playing the role?

I agree with your first statement. However, the second - couldn't I just argue that doing the story over and over on every alt sucks just as much as spam running the same dungeons, or doing the same fates over and over again? PotD not-withstanding.

I can't disagree with this, but you COULD do the same in WoW. You could literally gear up a second DPS to 860 and artifact to like 20 (main is 870 w/30) for a the effort. That's 2 jobs geared up close to each other right?

I touched on it above a little bit. I do agree that FF14s system is better. The gear catchups in WoW help you get caught up nice and quick too, esp with all the different routes of attaining it (dungeons, WQs, pvp, etc.).

As far as your RP comment goes, I agree. Personally I'm a one toon person, but I can completely see/understand the draw.

That's a lot of playtime lol. I'd imagine you could have quite a few alts in WoW cutting edge geared , which kinda proves me point
    Wellll what I meant was in ffxiv redoing the story is optional on alt classes you have alot of ways to level right now Wow pretty much demands you do the story no matter due to rep requirements which while relaxed still play a big part in various things such as the best way to get artifact xp.

In ffxiv it is optional and not needed but optional.

10+ Year Old Account

I see you didn't bother to read it.

It is not ADDITIONAL responsibility. Not even when compared to DPS or healers. You are actively hitting buttons to form a rotation. Basically the same exact thing a dps does and a healer does. Not in addition to anything. GG.

Tanks: Position self to position boss/mobs, handle rotation for enmity and damage, utilize skills available and proper positioning to reduce damage taken. Interrupt as needed.
    DPS: Position self to maintain highest possible damage, handle rotation for damage and buffs/debuffs, utilize skills and positioning to reduce damage on themselves. Interrupt as needed.
    Healers: Position self to increase effectiveness of aoe heals, handle rotation for damage and mp control, utilize skills and positioning to reduce/avoid incoming damage. Remove debuffs as needed.

Adjusted my wording for you.
    Last edited by Sylreick; 2016-11-08 at 10:20 PM.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

I long advocated that the better talent design paradigm would be 3 talents that effect one specific thing in different ways. Changing AOE type to Cone/Line, changing range on abilities, changing costs of abilities, etc, not this mess they have now. Every class should have the ability to do all 3 well, baseline. No exceptions.
    See this is what I thought they were going to do when they originally talked about this change. We'll probably get another class overhaul come whatever is after Legion unless they go full throttle during the patch cycle.

I agree with you but then you have Mages, Hunters and Shamans who have interrupts/stuns and we're only ones that don't. Heck Boomkins have an AoE silence. Huge disparity when it comes to toolkits in Legion. They did say they're going to address some of this stuff in 7.1.5 but we'll have to wait and see.

True if that's always the case. For example the NIN 255 SophiaEX wep is better than the 260 weapon. Why? Because you only gain one more weapon damage versus losing out on two secondary stats that are much better than what's on the 260 weapon. Now compare it to some of the classes in WoW were having a certain number of artifact traits can make or break the spec, hello Fury Warrior and Demonology Warlock.

In the end I can get a full set of Sophia gear in a matter of hours and be ready for whatever. On the other hand I can grind AP for a few days non stop and barely catch up on one character for one spec. That's the difference. Maybe it'll be different in 7.2 when we're almost a year into Legion but for now if you want to switch classes it's a bit of a pain in the ass.

Yeah most is. For example the healer pieces can be worn by all three jobs. Same goes for tanks. DPS are a little different were BRD/MCH share sets where as MNK/DRG/NIN don't outside of accessories.

I love how some classes have this. I used to do this all the time on Iron Juggernaut with the bombs as a Monk. I'd use Touch of Karma and jump on them and eat one of them so a tank doesn't have to do it on top of dealing a crap ton of damage on the boss. Heck the ability that did the most damage on Immersius was ToK because I'd stack the sha pools and stand in them ;P. Fun stuff.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2016-11-08 at 10:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I have every character at 100+, with 5 of them at 110. ><

I can never decide on a class for some reason.
    I am the complete opposite. Pretty much throughout WoW and FFXIV I've only played two classes at a time, lol.
    Vanilla was just mage though cause, reasons. BC was Prot pally / mage. LK was Blood DK / mage(?). Cata was... something.. I quit there.
    Still am SCH / SMN (lazy level yay!).

Anybody play on Adamantoise server give any info on how the server populations doing? Thinking of checking the game out again. Last I played I got my Black Mage to max lvl, Dread Knight(Or whatever the new tank class is called, I forget) to max lvl and started grinding dungeons for currency some months ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    So... finished floor 200. 3 of us and a pug, need a better pug, was underperforming too much for our liking but oh well, we did manage to get through it.

Anyways, we had 1 minute left seeing as this is our first time finishing it. In a sense you can 3 man this if you have the right class and good RNG but I doubt anything below that is happening. We also got amazingly fucked with RNG with 5 floors of a billion mobs on one tile that we need to clear because either the stone is there or the stone is connected to it.
    Last 10 floor's tile set is a lot easier than the previous 20 imo. Basically floors 170-190 are the annoying ones imo, just depends on how rng screwed you get.

Also solo finished floor 140, yay.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2016-11-09 at 02:43 AM.

Perhaps, but I'm not inclined to find out first hand, for a variety of reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally got last squadron members, was stuck at 6/8 for ages.

Now it's just matter of leveling them up and.. possibly obtaining proper chemistry for them.

---

Also starting our A11S tonight, looked at some guide and so not looking forward to it.