Page 45 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    For those who don't know, I spoke with Macrologia and submitted a trinket tier list for his big doc of tank trinkets.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...h.lwmlezsz87if

I assume you're ranking based on mitigation only?

When did they nerf our tier bonuses and how did I miss getting made over it?

Deleted
    They nerfed our tier set in 7.1 from what I've seen.

I was also curious about trinkets: I have a 890 goblet, 880 instinct and DDI (855), that I swap between. My other trinket is an 865 arcanocrystal which I don't consider swapping. Is the DDI actually superior to both of the other trinkets? I tend to use goblet in M+ (worked good enough in our CoS15), instinct for raids and DDI for dragons on Cenarius.

Any consensus?

Quote Originally Posted by grizzlysaurusrex View Post
    I assume you're ranking based on mitigation only?
    Yes that's what the doc is for. Mitigation only.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post
    When did they nerf our tier bonuses and how did I miss getting made over it?
    In 7.1, it will probably get nerfed again before Nighthold anyway, no point worrying about it for another month or 2.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Avalya View Post
    They nerfed our tier set in 7.1 from what I've seen.

I was also curious about trinkets: I have a 890 goblet, 880 instinct and DDI (855), that I swap between. My other trinket is an 865 arcanocrystal which I don't consider swapping. Is the DDI actually superior to both of the other trinkets? I tend to use goblet in M+ (worked good enough in our CoS15), instinct for raids and DDI for dragons on Cenarius.

Any consensus?
    Do DMC and either Instinct or Arcanocrystal. Arcano will have more of a mix of dps and surv, BTI will lean more on the surv side.

Since we're on the subject of Nighthold and trinkets, what's your opinion on the trinkets available in Nighthold?

Quote Originally Posted by grizzlysaurusrex View Post
    Since we're on the subject of Nighthold and trinkets, what's your opinion on the trinkets available in Nighthold?
    Havent looked in forever, I'm not concerned with it until Dec/Jan cause things can change.

Hi, thanks so much for the guide. Would you consider DDI still top tier for M+? I also recently got Devilsaur's Bite from the WQ. Is this worth using in M+ over some of the better trinkets you've mentioned? Trying to figure out differences for M+ usage vs. raids. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by champstark View Post
    Hi, thanks so much for the guide. Would you consider DDI still top tier for M+? I also recently got Devilsaur's Bite from the WQ. Is this worth using in M+ over some of the better trinkets you've mentioned? Trying to figure out differences for M+ usage vs. raids. Thanks!
    That list isn't just for raiding, it has specific things in raids as well which are listed next to the trinket. Otherwise it's joint M+/raid.

Deleted
    So for my third Tank i decided on demon hunter but it seems to be incredibly squishy, im only at 842 though.
    Does Vengeance scale very well or something ?

On my warrior i did Mythic +5 at barely 825 while my DH sometimes has issues at +0

I do enjoy the crazy HPS, sometimes im at 120k+ and the sigils are oh so much fun so im hoping its either an issue of my playstyle or that Vengeance scales well

Quote Originally Posted by Marinchen View Post
    So for my third Tank i decided on demon hunter but it seems to be incredibly squishy, im only at 842 though.
    Does Vengeance scale very well or something ?

On my warrior i did Mythic +5 at barely 825 while my DH sometimes has issues at +0

I do enjoy the crazy HPS, sometimes im at 120k+ and the sigils are oh so much fun so im hoping its either an issue of my playstyle or that Vengeance scales well
    We are one of the weakest tanks, and you are comparing us to a Warrior. It gets better over time and with skill. But other tanks are definitely better. People have been clearing M+15 with DH as well as 7/7M since week 1 with it. So we can do the content, it just won't be as easy.

Deleted
    What do you think of kirel narak vs sephuz for mythic+? Also got defiler's lost vambraces of which I am pretty sure I should use it for the extra silences and grips, but can't really decide between the other two. Assumed sephuz was better for how often you use silence/fear but extra single target dps and dmg reduction aren't that bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfarrior View Post
    What do you think of kirel narak vs sephuz for mythic+? Also got defiler's lost vambraces of which I am pretty sure I should use it for the extra silences and grips, but can't really decide between the other two. Assumed sephuz was better for how often you use silence/fear but extra single target dps and dmg reduction aren't that bad either.
    Check the guides.

Quote Originally Posted by pay928 View Post
    It's literally in the OP:
    I have the DH Tank ring (leech when Demon Spikes is up) wouldn't haste be a better stat as it lets you get more DS up-time? or is the reduction of the cd not as valuable as the increase damage reduction via mastery?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    I have the DH Tank ring (leech when Demon Spikes is up) wouldn't haste be a better stat as it lets you get more DS up-time? or is the reduction of the cd not as valuable as the increase damage reduction via mastery?
    In mythics, tanks generally gear for more damage, to help AoE down large packs quickly. Mastery and crit are the best stats for DPS (since mastery ups attack power). Mastery does make for stronger Demon Spikes and the other side of tanking mythic+ is having strong cooldowns for the (hopefully short) amount of time that the big packs are up. Between Fiery Brand, two charges of Demon Spikes and, potentially, two usages of Metamorphosis, you should ideally have some form of cooldown up for the amount of time that enough things are alive to be dangerous.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    In mythics, tanks generally gear for more damage, to help AoE down large packs quickly. Mastery and crit are the best stats for DPS (since mastery ups attack power). Mastery does make for stronger Demon Spikes and the other side of tanking mythic+ is having strong cooldowns for the (hopefully short) amount of time that the big packs are up. Between Fiery Brand, two charges of Demon Spikes and, potentially, two usages of Metamorphosis, you should ideally have some form of cooldown up for the amount of time that enough things are alive to be dangerous.
    Ok. Thanks for the clarification.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking at the B-tier list, apparently it has Shivermaw's Jawbone at the top there, so it's actually a good trinket for 5mans?

Also, at what ilvl does the Darkmoon card start getting better than Unbridled Fury(865)/Parjesh(875)?

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Looking at the B-tier list, apparently it has Shivermaw's Jawbone at the top there, so it's actually a good trinket for 5mans?

Also, at what ilvl does the Darkmoon card start getting better than Unbridled Fury(865)/Parjesh(875)?
    The Darkmoon card is arguably the best trinket. Unbridled and Parjesh are lower tier.
    Jawbone gets better with 5 targets, so yes it's good in 5 mans.
    Last edited by Munkky; 2016-11-09 at 10:37 PM.

How fucked up has this spec become if 805 timewalking vendor trinkets are better than raid ones?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthrix View Post
    How fucked up has this spec become if 805 timewalking vendor trinkets are better than raid ones?
    It's not a problem with the spec; it's just that the timewalking trinkets don't scale properly with level and have a similar item budget to 860 trinkets. Those trinkets also have the advantage of giving armour, which is much cheaper than any secondary by far and so gives very high defensive value compared to most tank trinkets.
    Last edited by Khiyone; 2016-11-11 at 12:07 AM.