Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkonion View Post
    This is why people are hesitant to go into a tanking/healing role, every dps and their mom expect Method level tanks and if they fall too short they get hammered by the rest of the group.
    No they don't. Just stop lying to yourself and everyone else. These posts contribute nothing.
    "Do fish have dreams?" - Nick Cage
    The Cage!! In his most primal form!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Should we make DPS pay for the wall?
    lol!

There are a lot of terrific fantastic tanks out there, just terrific.. BUT, there are a lot of baddie mcbad tanks out there too, and they are the ones who should not benefit from the hard work of the DPS and Healers carrying their weight. Tanking is such a vital role to the success of the group, and if they screw up, usually it doesn't end well for the group they are supporting.

If anything DPS should be able to pull at will and a good tank would know to pick up threat and tank it appropriately.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    lol!

There are a lot of terrific fantastic tanks out there, just terrific.. BUT, there are a lot of baddie mcbad tanks out there too, and they are the ones who should not benefit from the hard work of the DPS and Healers carrying their weight. Tanking is such a vital role to the success of the group, and if they screw up, usually it doesn't end well for the group they are supporting.

If anything DPS should be able to pull at will and a good tank would know to pick up threat and tank it appropriately.
    To be fair I've had to pick up the slack for bad healers in the past to. Just as irritating. Remember our raid team in 6.0 we had Me, another Shaman, Priest and 2 druids and a Holy Pala as backup basically we had easy pickings. Our Priest used to claim he was the best thing since sliced bread but usually wound up last on the meters during raids. Anytime someone tried to call him out on it he would kick up a fuss and demand those people were spoken to. Eventually we just said "fuck it if you are not gonna pull your own weight and own up to your mistakes then you aren't raiding with us for the better rewards". Brought our Holy Pala in and we ended up clearing Normal in 1 lockout

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    How do you know?
    Because when everything someone says is a lie, the things they say can be considered lies.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutricul View Post
    How about removing the bag.
    Sure if you want to triple your queues. I personally think DPS should be made more expendable. Since there are so many, and so many of them are bad or just plain annoying.

Man, I've gotten a lot of reasonably good tanks. The small percent who aren't at least reasonable are generally willing to listen if you explain things. The percent of that who won't there's usually no issue in kicking.

Try talking to the person - help them get through it. You'll get your stuff done sooner with less hostility.

This goes true pretty much throughout WoW. I don't step foot in LFR often, but when I do I simply ask if anyone has questions about a fight and explain it quickly if they do. I've had maybe 2 band runs in the history of LFR, and those were people specifically trolling which is going to happen no matter what.

As a tank myself, fuck no.

We don't penalize bad DPS or bad healers, why would we penalize a bad tank? Also I call into question your assertion that "daily heroics are unbearable" due to a glut of bad tanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Because when everything someone says is a lie, the things they say can be considered lies.
    One having said lies in the past doesn't make it a valid argument that the things they say in the future can be considered lies.

Just saying your conclusion is flawed.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Basically a wall should be built to keep bad tanks from tanking with good players. If not a wall, some sort of penalty for bad tanking should be put in place, thats all im advocating.

As long as that same wall keeps out shit dps and healers. 75% of the dps I get in heroics do less dps than me.

Penalize bad tanks, or tanks that are barely starting out and/or getting the hang of their role, and expect pug wait times for dps to skyrocket. The last thing you want to do is discourage people from trying out a role that is easily the most stressful role in raids & sometimes the most stressful role in 5 mans.

This is clearly a dps biased thread.
    Last edited by Pantalaimon; 2016-11-09 at 10:48 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather have a bad tank than wait in queue for hours for a decent one.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

So queue times are lengthy because there aren't enough people rolling tank (and healer) and you want to implement a penalizing system if they do a bad job? Right...

Especially in LFD/LFR, should the game have some sort of "bad tank" protection if in fact the tank isn't pulling their weight / wiping the group / failing at pulls etc?

I've seen so many bad tanks when I do happen to use the LFD tool for the daily heroic, its almost getting unbearable. It really seems like the queue section of the player base has fallen in skill this expansion. Could just be my experience though.

So getting back to penalizing bad tanks, maybe if they solo queued for the bag, they don't get the bag at the end of the run? Or instead of 3 players required to vote kick, only 2 are needed? What suggestions can we make to fix the bad tank situation?
    If you want bad tank protection, you should simply form your own grp with the tanks you know to be good. It is that simple.

You should not complain if you use the queuing system and get a bad tank, because you choose not to form your own grp and therefore accepting the risk of such occurrence!

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    Sure if you want to triple your queues. I personally think DPS should be made more expendable. Since there are so many, and so many of them are bad or just plain annoying.
    The bag is the only reason for me to queue.

Especially in LFD/LFR, should the game have some sort of "bad tank" protection if in fact the tank isn't pulling their weight / wiping the group / failing at pulls etc?

I've seen so many bad tanks when I do happen to use the LFD tool for the daily heroic, its almost getting unbearable. It really seems like the queue section of the player base has fallen in skill this expansion. Could just be my experience though.

So getting back to penalizing bad tanks, maybe if they solo queued for the bag, they don't get the bag at the end of the run? Or instead of 3 players required to vote kick, only 2 are needed? What suggestions can we make to fix the bad tank situation?
    And now... we see one of the many reasons people don't want to tank. Good or Bad.

Na remove vote kick all together. Learn to get along and teach the bad people.

Stop beeying selfish douch and be nicer to other peeps. You know helping and be nice wont kill you!

I refuse to tank because dps want to pull all the time making my job harder. Want to pull reroll tank.

The problem is not bad players. It are people and their horrible additude.
    Last edited by Az0na; 2016-11-10 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Melquina View Post
    Na remove vote kick all together. Learn to get along and teach the bad people.

Stop beeying selfish douch and be nicer to other peeps. You know helping and be nice wont kill you!
    Except there are always going to be trolls or AFKs. It's not always even the persons fault - But an AFK healer can pretty much brick a run.

Sure, go for it. But if I see you below my DPS for even a second, you'll get a permaban on MMO-C, deal?

There's a reason why the tank is the least played role in WoW. It's because tanks have too much of a responsibility and are the first ones to get shit on for anything that goes wrong during a run. People always complain about tanks, but the complainers will never play as a tank because they don't know how to play one themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Tisane View Post
    There's a reason why the tank is the least played role in WoW. It's because tanks have too much of a responsibility and are the first ones to get shit on for anything that goes wrong during a run. People always complain about tanks, but the complainers will never play as a tank because they don't know how to play one themselves.
    To be fair, wouldn't you be intimidated by the tank's role when you're so used to a 4-5 button rotation? Switching to a tank (Guardian Druid anyway, I'm sure others as well) means just your DPS rotation goes to 9-10 buttons. And that's without a single non-DPS button in there.