Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Angry Diablo 1 event "only available in January"?

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20362179
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    • New Feature: 20th Anniversary Event
      • A mysterious group of Cultists is stirring up trouble! Hunt them down in Adventure Mode to uncover clues that reveal a portal into Tristram’s past, and rediscover the terrifying darkness that took hold of the town so many years ago…
      • This event is only available in January
    So... Uhh... What the hell, Blizzard? Look, I know it's an anniversary and all, but like...must you? I mean... I kind of wanted to enjoy the Diablo 1 stuff for a bit longer than just a single month. I'm sorry, this is just depressing. I don't know why.

Or have I misunderstood something? Is the "16 levels of the Cathedral, Diablo 1 bosses" -stuff they were so much hyping at BlizzCon really just a short-lived one month long event that you will never get to play again?

Way to kill the hype, I guess.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Easily one of the largest pieces of content to arrive with the anniversary update and they're going to shelve it after a month. I don't understand why they can't just leave it in the game and treat it as an entirely separate entity like Whimsyshire. It's basically a extra-deep Rift so why not even treat it as such with fixed mobs and leave the portal in Old Tristram.

I'm sure it won't have much lasting appeal once you've done it a handful of times but what benefits are there from removing it over just letting it be?

At this point, I really can't be bothered to question the head-scratching decisions the developers make anymore.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

"Content". It's a dungeon using the act 3 stock walls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it is pretty stupid. But it seems the D3 team doesn't listen to anyone so it isn't going to change.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    It's still content even though it's nothing more than a fancy Rift with unique parameters. Are Rifts not considered content?

I'm not saying it's meaningful content as they probably put more work in to Ruins of Sescheron but it's still something new(ish).
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2016-11-09 at 10:43 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

If I recall correctly they mentioned during Blizzcon that they intended for the D1 event to be available only during January, every January.

So even if you miss it, I guess next year, then there's still 2018, 2019, etc.

At least, that's what I remember from Blizzcon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    ^ This, exactly. They're going to use stock textures to make it while sticking some classic names on the enemies/bosses.
    Whoooooo so much content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLordDariusCrowley View Post
    If I recall correctly they mentioned during Blizzcon that they intended for the D1 event to be available only during January, every January.

So even if you miss it, I guess next year, then there's still 2018, 2019, etc.

At least, that's what I remember from Blizzcon.
    Yeah, I thought they said it was going to be an annual event.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    ^ This, exactly. They're going to use stock textures to make it while sticking some classic names on the enemies/bosses.
    Whoooooo so much content.
    It's actually funny if you think about it. It's been over 2 years since the release of river of souls and what "new" content did we get afterwords? 2 maps?

All of D3 endgame is recycled content. Rifts use maps from classic, greater rifts just put rifts on a timer, all mobs are just reused from the game, bounties are just re used quests from story mode and now this dungeon is just D1 with new graphics.

And necromancer is coming (from D2 hmmm hmm) and that isn't til the SECOND HALF OF 2017

wtf do they do at diablo development? Play musical chairs? Overwatch just came out this year and already has 2 new heroes (3 if you count symmetra rework) and a new map like hello....
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    It's actually funny if you think about it. It's been over 2 years since the release of river of souls and what "new" content did we get afterwords? 2 maps?

All of D3 endgame is recycled content. Rifts use maps from classic, greater rifts just put rifts on a timer, all mobs are just reused from the game, bounties are just re used quests from story mode and now this dungeon is just D1 with new graphics.

And necromancer is coming (from D2 hmmm hmm) and that isn't til the SECOND HALF OF 2017

wtf do they do at diablo development? Play musical chairs? Overwatch just came out this year and already has 2 new heroes (3 if you count symmetra rework) and a new map like hello....
    Their team is really small at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

Diablo team is pretty small these days. Sad really
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Their team is really small at this point.
    It just proves that they put their eggs in one basket

Imagine if Diablo got the support that overwatch does? They could push a new hero half a year and sell them for $10 to fund the game really. No expansion and the fact that they started all this only a couple months ago proves they don't give a shit anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

oh so apparently in the D1 dungeon they just use the same monsters from D3

Then that's not really a D1 dungeon is it?!?!!?

They just reused mobs from D3 for the D1 dungeon lololololololol and Cain isn't even there so much for a remake that was 100% a lie

It's just D3 with D1 graphics

theres no content in d3 because theres nothing for you to buy in d3. no monthly fee or micro transcations = no one cares about making content

Quote Originally Posted by Natureseer View Post
    theres no content in d3 because theres nothing for you to buy in d3. no monthly fee or micro transcations = no one cares about making content
    when it was making money via the AH it still got no content

Watched a stream of it last night. Was a total snoozefest.

They'll probably make it recurring. Maybe they don't want us to get tired of it.

There's nothing D1 in that dungeon. Except 8-way crutch movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    They'll probably make it recurring. Maybe they don't want us to get tired of it.
    Kinda funny to think about, since the whole game is meant to be repetitive.

Every January, not just 2017, its a new yearly event
    Rejoice, For very bad things are about to happen...

Quote Originally Posted by Sarix View Post
    Watched a stream of it last night. Was a total snoozefest.
    yup

it's basically a 16 level rift with D1 graphics, really stupid and they falsed advertised the crap out of it at blizzcon. Misleading as hell.

It makes sense why it's only a yearly event because it's not even D1.