10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ovm33 View Post
    Worst case scenario: Your life will be like it was two years ago. How horribly oppressed where you then? That's absolutely worst case you could possibly dread.

Second worst case: You can no longer force someone to bake you a wedding cake. Still can get married and everything. Just have to go to a different baker.

Most Likely: Status quo. - Why? It would political suicide to try and change things now. Trump isn't an idiot. He can read poll numbers.

Abortion..? Now that's another story entirely.
    I could live with my life from two years ago. But they will not stop there.

Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I'm a gay man and I'm trying to be positive, but honestly I'm bloody terrified.

My president and his entire congress wan't to take away my freedoms. They'll void my marriage and destroy my family and they'll allow people to deny me services because they think I'm subhuman.

I feel so powerless and defeated
    Depending on where you live, even a change in Supreme Court decision won't void your marriage.

Outside of tax benefits, if your definition of marriage is what a State recognizes as one, it defies thousands of years of what marriage is.

And if you seriously want an establishment that hates your existence to service you that values their admittedly dumb morals over their profits you're one of the dumbest consumers around.

If you're scared they're coming for you, they're not. At worst they want to distance themselves from you, which I see as a two way favor anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    The concern is that there's a possibility of up to three more seats needing to be replaced within 4, and certainly 8, years. If Trump fills them with a conservative justices, which he's vowed to, and the Dems are in the minority, they don't have much choice but to eat the shit they get fed.
    Best case scenario is that Trump already starts fucking things up badly enough that he loses the Senate in 2 years, and then the Dems can use the Republican tactic of stopping SC nominations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    This also ignores the real economic costs of global warming that they will face. Increases in inclement weather will only put further strain on the emergency relief systems in place. It is incredible myopic to suggest that they will not pay a REAL short term price for global warming.
    And this may seem incredibly petty of me, but I'll be donating to relief efforts worldwide before I help those at home who voted for this.

They chose this, and they can deal with it themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    I really don't understand why people who are clueless about the legal reality that LGBT folks face insist on posting to tell LGBT folks that everything is all good now. Like...go to LGBT issues 101 before posting about it at least.
    I like how you apparently don't know how laws work or the history of the US. The chances somehow removing the right for LGBT to wed and the works will not be overturned. However, removing it from a federal to state level decision could be a possibility. That being said, the biggest thing here is with Trump as president is should hopefully prevent advocates for this group from over reaching, which with Obama didn't look like the line that is crossed would ever end.

- - - Updated - - -

Considering Obama though has literally done things to suggest the possibility, it is no surprise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    Jesus Christ can't stop with the conspiracy theories even when you get your way. So is Obama going to confiscate all of the country's guns during the lame duck session too?
    Well, it was apparent from the start that people claiming that all these conspiracy theories will end if Trump would get elected - couldn't be further from the truth. In contrary, now that one of the main conspiracy theorists is going to be in charge, this nonsense will become mainstream. This mess we've been observing on MMO Champ ever since the refugee crisis started - will be everywhere now.

I'm not sure how much time it will take for the society to recover from this anti-intellectualist bigoted dip, but it won't be short, that much is obvious. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    Depending on where you live, even a change in Supreme Court decision won't void your marriage.

Outside of tax benefits, if your definition of marriage is what a State recognizes as one, it defies thousands of years of what marriage is.

And if you seriously want an establishment that hates your existence to service you that values their admittedly dumb morals over their profits you're one of the dumbest consumers around.

If you're scared they're coming for you, they're not. At worst they want to distance themselves from you, which I see as a two way favor anyways.

Oh please, when has letting us be ever been their stance? They don't want distance, they want control.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    I like how you apparently don't know how laws work or the history of the US. The chances somehow removing the right for LGBT to wed and the works will not be overturned. However, removing it from a federal to state level decision could be a possibility. That being said, the biggest thing here is with Trump as president is should hopefully prevent advocates for this group from over reaching, which with Obama didn't look like the line that is crossed would ever end.
    Gay marriage isn't the only issue that LGBT folks face.

That's kind of my point.

Umad? Just because Hillary didn't win doesn't mean sarcasm is dead.
    No, just disappointed. Sorry not going to be in a position where you can call me a hypocrite. I accept the outcome and will call him the president. None of that bullshit, "he's not my president" stuff like I've seen from the right the past 8 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Best case scenario is that Trump already starts fucking things up badly enough that he loses the Senate in 2 years, and then the Dems can use the Republican tactic of stopping SC nominations.

- - - Updated - - -

And this may seem incredibly petty of me, but I'll be donating to relief efforts worldwide before I help those at home who voted for this.

The issue is that the Dems won't be able to hold off. The GOP will absolutely jump to the nuclear option as it has far less potential blowback than the Dems using it and it ultimately benefits their cause down the line anyways. They get their way anyways and the Dems would pay for it even worse.

They literally have no choice other than to eat shit and try to hold out til mid terms to mount a comeback and minimize damage before more vacant seats can open. I can see Ginsburg at least trying to hold out another 4 for the sake of the country, health permitting.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2016-11-10 at 03:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Well, it was apparent from the start that people claiming that all these conspiracy theories will end if Trump would get elected - couldn't be further from the truth. In contrary, now that one of the main conspiracy theorists is going to be in charge, this nonsense will become mainstream. This mess we've been observing on MMO Champ ever since the refugee crisis started - will be everywhere now.

I'm not sure how much time it will take for the society to recover from this anti-intellectualist bigoted dip, but it won't be short, that much is obvious. :/
    Well we will see by the midterms if all of their dreams come true. They might be in for a rude awakening. "Hey maybe someone with zero political experience and knowledge of government ISN'T the best person to lead."

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Gay marriage isn't the only issue that LGBT folks face.

That's kind of my point.
    The point I was getting at is the rights they received won't be revoked, as has never happened to any group basically in entire US history.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Not all of them did and their children didnt. Honestly before I started raising kids I wouldnt be as anxious about Trump and reps and climate science. I often wonder what kind of future they will have.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    Well we will see by the midterms if all of their dreams come true. They might be in for a rude awakening. "Hey maybe someone with zero political experience and knowledge of government ISN'T the best person to lead."
    i think they'll be more worried about putting hillary in jail and building a wall, thats what they voted for after all.

i'm sure any day now he'll lay out the plans for both.
    already we are seeing hemming and hawing "well he didnt LITERALLY mean a wall...." from repubs.

The point I was getting at is the rights they received won't be revoked, as has never happened to any group basically in entire US history.
    When the people in power have it on their charter to revoke their rights then they have every right to fear.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    i think they'll be more worried about putting hillary in jail and building a wall, thats what they voted for after all.

already we are seeing hemming and hawing "well he didnt LITERALLY mean a wall...." from repubs.
    i have a better idea. make the wall, but on both borders. then flood the US
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    When the people in power have it on their charter to revoke their rights then they have every right to fear.
    It doesn't just magically work like that, let alone even on Trumps "charter".

::cough:: Dred Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    They literally have no choice other than to eat shit and try to hold out til mid terms to mount a comeback and minimize damage before more vacant seats can open. I can see Ginsburg at least trying to hold out another 4 for the sake of the country, health permitting.
    This is what I was talking about. The midterm elections. A Trump win was pretty damn bizarre, so it wouldn't surprise me anymore for Democrats to do well in a midterm election for once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post

Yes! The wall! Please Trump supporters hold him to the wall proposal. Never mind the legal, logistical, economic and technical challenges he must build that wall!!

I actually want to see this done now. It could be a massive stimulous to the country or a gross failure for trump either way its good news!!

- - - Updated - - -

This is what I was talking about. The midterm elections. A Trump win was pretty damn bizarre, so it wouldn't surprise me anymore for Democrats to do well in a midterm election for once.
    Dems tend not to turn out for mid terma unfortunately and virtually all incumbents won reelection this year.