Page 46 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfarrior View Post
    What do you think of kirel narak vs sephuz for mythic+? Also got defiler's lost vambraces of which I am pretty sure I should use it for the extra silences and grips, but can't really decide between the other two. Assumed sephuz was better for how often you use silence/fear but extra single target dps and dmg reduction aren't that bad either.
    Kirel Narak is super Big in mythic+ only beaten by bracers. So you are in luck! The ring is good as well but doesnt match the bracers for M+ imo. Control is king and you can carry a 5man grp of boosted animals with the infinite sigils youll have with bracers.

Quote Originally Posted by Munkky View Post
    Check the guides.
    Why you rank the cloak so highly is absolutely beyond me. 15% is negible and immo Aura is too valuable off cd to be gaming for minimal dmg reduction.
    Last edited by mmoc448a445bf2; 2016-11-11 at 12:07 AM.

Deleted
    Another trinket question.

I'm mainly gearing for mythic progression. (have 7/7 m Emerald Nightmare currently)
    (apart from what are best secondaries I'm a big fan of haste, personally. I come from playing a rogue, so maybe that's the reason :P )

I have a 870 Cragshaper's Talisman with a socket and I admit I quite like it. I didn't have very good luck with versatility items so far (still sitting at about 23% crit). Also I like having an additional on use cd (albeit a weaker one) on the trinket. So ... how bad is it really using it? Should I swap for another even though I'm really low on versatility? (with the trinket, vers enchants on rings and 2 vers gems I'm at about 8% (one of the 2 sockets is on Cragshaper's)
    Other options include 885 Unbridled Fury, 875 Goblet of Nightmarish Ichor (I use that one as my other trinket usually), 865 Grotesque Statuette, 865 Bloodthirsty Instinct (I currently use this on farm bosses where survival is no problem at all). (Then there are a few others I don't really feel are viable but I'll list them anyway: 840 Chrono Shard, 840 Hunger of the Pack (use this for my havoc spec currently for lack of better trinkets without def effects on them).

So far I have not been lucky enough to get a Coagulated Nightwell Residue, so I guess my options would be to buy a DMC:immortality and/or Gnomeregan Autoblocker.
    Help please! :>

Quote Originally Posted by Arthrix View Post
    How fucked up has this spec become if 805 timewalking vendor trinkets are better than raid ones?
    Those are amazing for every tank >.>

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hemingway View Post
    Kirel Narak is super Big in mythic+ only beaten by bracers. So you are in luck! The ring is good as well but doesnt match the bracers for M+ imo. Control is king and you can carry a 5man grp of boosted animals with the infinite sigils youll have with bracers.

Why you rank the cloak so highly is absolutely beyond me. 15% is negible and immo Aura is too valuable off cd to be gaming for minimal dmg reduction.
    It's not about gaming it always. Obviously you would play around it. Getting cloak doesn't mean you will hold Imo for when you are Magic damage in every situation. If you have known magic damage coming in a couple seconds, then sure. Otherwise no. That magic reduction can help us on fights that have a lot of magic damage, or as a reduction just passively on fights with Dot magic damage.It's the only one that gives actual damage reduction.

For those who don't know, I spoke with Macrologia and submitted a trinket tier list for his big doc of tank trinkets.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...h.lwmlezsz87if
    I have a question about this Writhing Heart of Darkness (only this effective against your primary target)
    When I had this a while ago I had 0 trouble keeping the debuff up on just about every target with soul cleave, immolation aura etc. It was no trouble keeping the debuff up for big pulls so not sure why it is only effective on primary targets?

My experience with WHoD (I got a really good titanforged one early on and have used it quite a lot), is that the debuff will often reset on off-targets, but will be on at 3 stacks 100% on your main target. I still find it to be an extremely effective trinket for most content, though and am not sure why it's ranked so low. /shrug/ I'm also not a competitive raider, so will differ to those in the thick of it.
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

Does the "Devour Souls" artifact trait increase also the healing coming from "Feast of Souls" talent ?
    Chic Not Geek

It shouldn't, the formula for Feast of Souls is: (Attack power * Percent health * 1.3 * 3)
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Quote Originally Posted by lovingbenji View Post
    Does the "Devour Souls" artifact trait increase also the healing coming from "Feast of Souls" talent ?
    Devour Souls effects Soul Cleave. Feast of Souls is a separate buff from Soul Cleave. Soul Cleave simply gives you the buff, other than that they have no interactions.

Devour Souls effects Soul Cleave. Feast of Souls is a separate buff from Soul Cleave. Soul Cleave simply gives you the buff, other than that they have no interactions.
    Thanks a lot !
    Chic Not Geek

10+ Year Old Account
    Where getting some bufffs

RIP Last Resort. It was fun.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thank you Blizzard for buffing Soul Barrier, I am not like every other Veng DH and uses whatever icy veins recommends.. I love the look and and process of the talent.

I'm quite baffled with the changes to be honest. I like the idea of Demonic Infusion, but it should have been 1min and not 2. Fracture costing only 20 pain I think is the only nice change, Soul Barrier buff is a nudge towards the right direction, but I reckon it's still too low value to be actually useful for anything but padding healing meters on non-threatening content.

I cannot fathom what warranted nerfing Last Resort (8min cd), Agonizing Flames (-10% dmg) and Burning Alive (spreads to 1 target only) & Soul Rending (now only 70% leech).

If we end up using DI, then Razor Spikes probably ends up being the best DPS talent since they bumped the damage from 20% to 30% and we now have on avg 1 more charge per minute, and it was already pretty close to Agonizing Flames (at least with lots of haste).

Edit: Oh right, our baseline Stamina increase was bumped from 45% to 55%.

Wonder what "Greatly empowering Shear" in our Meta description actually means. More dmg? Cleave? Pain?

Edit 2: Imprison Imprisons a demon, beast, or humanoid for 60 sec. That's actually useful in M+.
    Last edited by redfella; 2016-11-15 at 08:47 PM.
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Deleted
    Fairly sure Burning Alive change is just a tooltip change, or at least that's how it looks like. Soul Rending was not affected (was already only 50% for us, the 100->70 chance is for Havoc).

You're also missing a 100% buff to Armor during Meta (+?? on Shear), and a slight Stamina bump. Fel Eruption buffed too.

Also, Fel Dev changed tiers, so enjoy choosing between reliability/dps/hps padding I guess.

7+ Year Old Account
    I disagree, Soul Barrier is VERY useful in heroic and Mythic. And I understand the damage nerfs (we are a tank class). We aren't meant to do insane amounts of damage. This makes perfect sense that I was doing 200+ crits. I'm not even mad because now I can survive longer.

Quote Originally Posted by redfella View Post
    I'm quite baffled with the changes to be honest. I like the idea of Demonic Infusion, but it should have been 1min and not 2. Fracture costing only 20 pain I think is the only nice change, Soul Barrier buff is a nudge towards the right direction, but I reckon it's still too low value to be actually useful for anything but padding healing meters on non-threatening content.

I cannot fathom what warranted nerfing Last Resort (8min cd), Agonizing Flames (-10% dmg) and Burning Alive (spreads to 1 target only) & Soul Rending (now only 70% leech).

If we end up using DI, then Razor Spikes probably ends up being the best DPS talent since they bumped the damage from 20% to 30% and we now have on avg 1 more charge per minute, and it was already pretty close to Agonizing Flames (at least with lots of haste).

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by redfella View Post

Burning Alive didn't get changed; that's just a change in the tooltip wording. Soul Rending is unchanged as well (that's for Havoc, and Vengeance SR is only 50% so that would have been a buff). The Soul Barrier change isn't an increase either - the absorption got increased by 50%, but so did the CD.

The LR change was way too harsh, and the Fracture change is very nice like you said.

Quote Originally Posted by zsecmmo View Post
    I disagree, Soul Barrier is VERY useful in heroic and Mythic. And I understand the damage nerfs (we are a tank class). We aren't meant to do insane amounts of damage. This makes perfect sense that I was doing 200+ crits. I'm not even mad because now I can survive longer.
    \facepalm

Ah yes, my bad on Soul Rending. Hopefully Burning Alive change is only tooltip, we'll find out on the PTR I suppose.

Soul Barrier is VERY useful in heroic and Mythic
    Yeah in Heroic raids where everything hits like a wet noodle and M+0 as well, although I'm unsure as to why being higher in healing meters is any way useful -- I can't think of a single scenario where I'd want to Soul Barrier instead of Soul Cleave (since SC actually deals damage as well). In any relevant content it's still garbage, even though Blizzard seems to be trying a bit.
    Last edited by redfella; 2016-11-15 at 08:46 PM.

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

The 100% armor on Meta is a big deal, makes the skill actually a real Def CD and fueled by pain ever stronger.
    I wonder what empowered shear is, but even if its just more damage(maybe more Pain too?) its still fitting.

Doesnt look all in all to bad, not to bad at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    The Soul Barrier change isn't an increase either - the absorption got increased by 50%, but so did the CD.
    The pain cost was also reduced by two thirds. In net, it's probably a buff, but not a large one.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know the patch is official, when Blizzard nerfs Agonizing flames.

Some good changes, some eye gouging horrible blizzard go fuck yourself changes.

Let's just hope Blizzard gets some sense in the next build and reverts the nerf to LR, and the FD change location swap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.