Page 97 of 138 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Trump may actually belive in helping the little guy but its irellravnt. His economic policy can be found on paul ryans wrbsite or at the heritage foundation and they most certainly dgaf.
    (snipped inflammatory post.)

someone's aiming to get banned. grow up and deal with the fact that hillary lost instead of throwing a temper tantrum on the internet.
    you people are acting like babies this is really embarrassing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Trump needs to stop tweeting about it. He's making them more angry.
    sounds like they need to seriously grow up. it's called being an adult. there is a proper way to go about making change and rioting is not the answer. it is a good way to have marshall law instituted and have the military called in.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2016-11-12 at 01:59 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    sounds like they need to seriously grow up. it's called being an adult. there is a proper way to go about making change and rioting is not the answer. it is a good way to have marshall law instituted and have the military called in.
    Oh god, they're going to do this when Trump is inaugurated and then we'll have Trump with martial law.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    That's because he didn't win the election.
    Clinton won the election.
    Trump won the presidency.

Democracy, yaay..
    this isn't a democracy. get it through your head.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh god, they're going to do this when Trump is inaugurated and then we'll have Trump with martial law.
    it is what the government does when it's citizens misbehave instead of going through the appropriate channels.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

10+ Year Old Account
    it is what the government does when it's citizens misbehave instead of going through the appropriate channels.
    What are 'the appropriate channels'?

Because I'd like to point out these aren't actually riots, they're protests.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    They hardly need to create a narrative that already exists.

The Electoral College has more oligarchic properties than democratic ones, point in fact.
    what? the Electoral College priority is to cast their vote the state they represent elected them to cast

- - - Updated - - -

What are 'the appropriate channels'?

Because I'd like to point out these aren't actually riots, they're protests.
    when did destroying property setting fires busting windows become an accepted form of protest?
    that is rioting

Riot
    Law. a disturbance of the public peace by three or more persons acting together in a disrupting and tumultuous manner in carrying out their private purposes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    what? the Electoral College priority is to cast their vote the state they represent elected them to cast
    That is a modern understanding of the Electoral College, not what it was designed to do.

when did destroying property setting fires busting windows become an accepted form of protest?
    that is rioting
    The vast majority of people in said protests are not doing this.

Gotta love the constitution. This is all protected under the 1st Amendment.
    You can't fix stupid. But damn it you can troll it!

I find it interesting how alot of the signs are the same,its as if someones organised printing these all out.
    Also curious how alot of the protesters have arrived by several coach buses.

10+ Year Old Account
    My vote in California should not be worth 1/5 of someone's vote in Wyoming. This is not how democracy should work.
    you just flunked eighth grade social studies.

That is a modern understanding of the Electoral College, not what it was designed to do.

it was designed so major populated cities don't dominate national elections the Electoral College system gave the smaller less populated small town and states a voice
    If we had a popular vote election campaigners would only visit the large cities only make promises to fufile the needs and want of those that live in those large cities and ignore the needs and wants from the people that live in those small towns

Not everyone in a riot is commiting violence...

you just flunked eighth grade social studies.
    Actually he is right. The electoral college is not democracy.

10+ Year Old Account
    it was designed so major populated cities don't dominate national elections the Electoral College system gave the smaller less populated small town and states a voice
    It wasn't designed to give 'rural voters' a voice, it was designed as a safeguard against 'mob rule'.

Or from a more meta standpoint, it was designed to perpetuate the Founders' interests as propertied men of status like the majority of their reforms.

If we had a popular vote election campaigners would only visit the large cities only make promises to fufile the needs and want of those that live in those large cities and ignore the needs and wants from the people that live in those small towns
    Why is it a bad thing that Presidents represent the interests of a majority of people?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hif View Post
    Actually he is right. The electoral college is not democracy.
    america is not a democracy. it's a representative republic. so no he's WRONG.

10+ Year Old Account
    america is not a democracy. it's a republic. so no he's WRONG.
    It's not a democracy.

So what? Should we be content with a crappy 18th century electoral structure simply because 'it's not a democracy'?

Allah gave you a brain for a reason. Please use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    These "riots breaking out all over the US" are an exaggeration. By design.

america is not a democracy. it's a representative republic. so no he's WRONG.
    WTF? You failed basic Poli sci class.

10+ Year Old Account
    It wasn't designed to give 'rural voters' a voice, it was designed as a safeguard against 'mob rule'.

Or from a more meta standpoint, it was designed to perpetuate the Founders' interests as propertied men of status like the majority of their reforms.

Why is it a bad thing that Presidents represent the interests of a majority of people?
    To be fair I don't think the founders had intended it to result in the the situation we have today.

The house of representative, the senate do that job just fine. Please tell me how it is fine to ignore over 3 millions republicans in California but not a small rural town using your same logic. Under this current system the millions in Washington state and U.S territories votes are only symbolic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    To be fair I don't think the founders had intended it to result in the the situation we have today.
    To be fair, I don't think we should give as much of a shit as we do regarding the Founders. Most of them were racist and most of their policies revolved around keeping themselves in power.