Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Oh, really? Let' see:
    You assume a person can never change what they believe, based on current events, and fact.

I suppose in your perfect world, someone is born with a mindset and they never deviate.

Ultimately the stance was changed over time. Get over it.

After all the available info is factored it, Mark Kern was an opportunist.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    You assume a person can never change what they believe, based on current events, and fact.

I suppose in your perfect world, someone is born with a mindset and they never deviate.

Ultimately the stance was changed over time. Get over it.

After all the available info is factored it, Mark Kern was an opportunist.
    ...do you honestly not see how ironic it is that you accuse other people of "propaganda" and "misinterpreting facts" when almost 95% of everything you've posted in this thread is exactly that?

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    ...do you honestly not see how ironic it is that you accuse other people of "propaganda" and "misinterpreting facts" when almost 95% of everything you've posted in this thread is exactly that?
    I suppose it serves your agenda to make up statistics. Seems fitting.

By all means, continue anecdotal personal attacks to serve your fairytale ending.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2016-11-13 at 11:35 PM.

Except that nothing from you in that post were ever based on any facts, or current events, in the post I quoted. Nothing you said of Kern was even remotely true, no matter if it's before, during, or after Nostalrius' shutdown. And your claim about anti-legacy players "trying to force" you to play retail is just the textbook definition of 'wrong'.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have a pirate server using assets that do not belong to them, nor do they have permission from the assets' owner to use them. There is no clearer evidence than that.

- - - Updated - - -

It doesn't work like that. The trademark still belongs to Blizzard. The IP still belongs to Blizzard. It's not about giving free vanilla copies, it's about using said vanilla assets. And they do use it.

EULAs are still valid in civil court, AFAIK.
    It's most likely 100% valid in US civil court but when you start hosting your servers in Europe then it gets tricky. Like a EULA could literally just not be legally enforceable in Russia at all and if it is it would just take way to much time to even bother.
    Hey everyone

Except that nothing from you in that post were ever based on any facts, or current events, in the post I quoted. Nothing you said of Kern was even remotely true, no matter if it's before, during, or after Nostalrius' shutdown. And your claim about anti-legacy players "trying to force" you to play retail is just the textbook definition of 'wrong'.
    Regarding Kern, it's up for speculation. Please continue to put your opinions here.

There was no claim, it was discussion. I doubt you'll like those eh? Might make you look bad, when I asked for peace between sides. It is evident you want arguments, libeling members, not discussion.

Regarding Kern, it's up for speculation. Please continue to put your opinions here.
    You stated many lies, about Mark Kern and about the anti-legacy posters, things that were known to be false by basically everyone:
    Tell that to the hundred(s) of other servers operating, many of which openly refute Blizzard's claim(s), while still operating many years after notification to stop. Only the Noob thinks Nostalrius was the only one - it's the only one former WoW founder Mark Kern ran that made the news.
    While I defended Mark Kern in the past, I do nowadays believe he shut his own server down on purpose to make a statement, make rifts, and perhaps enhance his career.
    Nostalrius voluntarily shut themselves down, for personal gain, so Mark Kern could either work for Blizzard or become a contracted advisor.
    What is extremely frustrating is how retail fans are trying to force people to play a game they don't enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by xWolfx View Post
    why is this thread still open?
    0 constructive discussion going on, also their is nothing to discuss. This has just become a spam / flame thread
    This thread is open and still we get thinly veiled "WoW has these problems that would be gone if only we got LEGARCY SURVURS!!!!"-posts trickling into the forums...

Yeah, this thread is a necessary evil. It keeps the cirklejerk that used to spend hours online on Nost bitching about Retail contained, most of the time.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-11-14 at 12:11 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    This thread is open and still we get thinly veiled "WoW has these problems that would be gone if only we got LEGARCY SURVURS!!!!"-posts trickling into the forums...

Yeah, this thread is a necessary evil.
    Nah thats in the history for now. Now we are fighting a big quote fight of what everyone said and where. And we are also laywers here.
    What did u expect by coming back to this thread tho? That ppl were agreeing with each other and brining good points instead of bashing each other from basically anything they say?
    This is the internet and this is the mmo-champion.

I suppose it serves your agenda to make up statistics. Seems fitting.

By all means, continue anecdotal personal attacks to serve your fairytale ending.
    I'm sorry, you're right. 95% was an incredibly low estimate on the level of bullshit in your posts.

You exist to egg people on. The number one reason there's hostility in this thread is because you reinforce negative behavior with positive encouragement. You do not want "peace" because you thrive on the drama you cause with your willful and intentional ignorance. It's okay, I suppose every topic needs to have a villain, right? But the fact that you don't realize how detrimental you are to the movement you hold so near is breathtaking. You take people who post innocuous, open-minded responses to your partisan bullshit and you twist their words to fit your stupid fucking "us vs. them" narrative. It's sickening. And then to top it all off, you like to pretend you're the one who's being civil here, haughtily reminding everybody to play nice while you pander to your vocal minority with every lingering word.

I'd ask you to politely leave the conversation but you'd just log onto your role playing alt and pretend like you're somebody else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    It has to make money.
    It has to have its own sub cost
    9.99€ to play the legacy servers or 14.99€ for both services.

That way it gets enough funding to maintain it, plus it facilitates those who havent played the current game and only wetdream about vanilla to try it, drop the rose tinted glasses, and maybe remain on the retail game.

You stated many lies, about Mark Kern and about the anti-legacy posters, things that were known to be false by basically everyone:
    It was Mark Kern that made Nostalrius in the news, that part never changes. Nostalrius shutdown was big, but Kern pushed it hard. I suppose your pride will prevent you from linking those posts and tweets from back then.

Mark Kern was an opportunist, and is setting himself up to be a contractor or advisor. He is an opportunist.

Kern was a former WoW dev, it was his PR that drove Nost, then and post voluntary shutdown. Otherwise we wouldn't know who Mark Kern is, will we? Would we know of Nost, and the supposed vocal minority?

Your fear shows.

Overall your insults fall flat. You spent all this time to dig this up? /fail
    Last edited by Vineri; 2016-11-14 at 12:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was Mark Kern that made Nostalrius in the news, that part never changes. Nostalrius shutdown was big, but Kern pushed it hard. I suppose your pride will prevent you from linking those posts and tweets from back then.

Mark Kern was an opportunist, and is setting himself up to be a contractor or advisor. He is an opportunist.

Kern was a former WoW dev, it was his PR that drove Nost, then and post voluntary shutdown. Otherwise we wouldn't know who Mark Kern is, will we? Would we know of Nost, and the supposed vocal minority?
    Regardless of his personal opinion, all the circus about Mark Kern just made me think he was just brigadeering for nost as a way to promote himself, more than caring for wth people want with vanilla. That he jumped straightaway from the "ill bring all these papers to Blizzard HQ" angle to the "buy my new tabletop game" advertisement didn't help either...

It was Mark Kern that made Nostalrius in the news, that part never changes.
    Nostalrius was already news before Mark Kern forcefully introduced himself into it. Well, look at that. Another lie.

Your fear shows.
    My fear? Of what? You?

Overall your insults fall flat.
    They're not insults. It's the truth. You do make up lies to back up your narratives, and your post history confirms that.

You spent all this time to dig this up? /fail
    If you bothered to read what I wrote, you'll find out that what I 'dug up' was with only five seconds with the forum search tool.

If you bothered to read what I wrote, you'll find out that what I 'dug up' was with only five seconds with the forum search tool.
    I'd rather not. Probably just more personal attacks and little to do with reality.

We get it you hate Legacy, you attack those against your ideas. You insist everyone see it your way.

The discussion was about Legacy, but you switched it to personal (anecdotal) attacks to prove nonexistent points.

As always, I'd just like to have an official Legacy Server coinciding with retail. I'm sorry this thought gets your panties in a bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by gowron View Post
    Hahaha, damn son, you need a reality check.

Yeah, that is the way it works on Matlock episodes, but in real life you can't just say "it's obvious this is illegal", you need to prove it with hard evidence, and gathering those in these cases is not as easy as you think.
    Except Blizzard has more than enough money to hire all the attorneys they need to build their case. Nost doesn't. That already means they start in a huge disadvantage if this circus reaches an actual courtroom.

Plus, from what I know of IP law, you'd be hard pressed to convince me they aren't using Blizzard's IP without consent. Not only are they using the World of Warcraft name (even if indirectly), they're also using all the art assets, named characters, Blizzard-designed systems, etc. that comprise the vanilla game. Nost would need to build a pretty damn impressive case to win in court, and that would require way more money than they will ever have. This isn't even close to being covered under Fair Use.

I'd rather not. Probably just more personal attacks and little to do with reality.
    So... are you admitting that you don't read what people post and just make things up, claiming that's what in the post that you didn't read? If so, that explains a lot, really.

you hate Legacy, you attack those against your ideas.
    I don't hate legacy. And I don't attack people. I attack their arguments.

The discussion was about Legacy, but you switched it to personal (anecdotal) attacks to prove nonexistent points.
    Care to prove that claim, please?

I'm sorry this thought gets your panties in a bunch.
    And you claim I am the one resorting to personal attacks?

We get it you hate Legacy, you attack those against your ideas. You insist everyone see it your way.

As always, I'd just like to have an official Legacy Server coinciding with retail. I'm sorry this thought gets your panties in a bunch.
    If the discussion is about Legacy, why do you keep resorting to personal attacks about a person and trying to prove how they are being hostile? You even went so far as to cut out his part of the post where Kern showed up AFTER Nost was making headlines thru the internet, and instead of addressing this issue and trying to prove him wrong OR admitting your mistake, you try to change the topic to him hating Legacy.

So... are you admitting that you don't read what people post
    Not really, I just don't care to read your past posts. The response was in regard to your statement, not what people post. Just you. People who bring ideas and thoughts to the table are worth reading. You know, those that don't insult or libel. People with an open mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    If the discussion is about Legacy, why do you keep resorting to personal attacks about a person and trying to prove how they are being hostile?
    It was a hostile discussion. I opted out (for today). If you are so clueless to not know what a personal attack is, shame on you.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2016-11-14 at 02:08 AM.

Not really, I just don't care to read your past posts.
    Here's the thing: you clearly act like you don't even read the posts you are currently replying to, considering you addressed none of the points presented and even made up this baseless idea I'm 'using personal attacks' against you.

It was a hostile discussion.
    Only from your part. I just pointed out how you kept making stuff up to back up your narratives, and you were the only one resorting to insults and personal attacks, without ever addressing the points I brought out.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2016-11-14 at 01:14 AM.