Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    It wasn't even hush hush :P

They were building four massive ships in orbit around Earth, not exactly hiding stuff up there... And the orientation/program thing now for the Andromeda Initiative implies it was very public and they sought volunteers to go.

I still don't see it as a retcon or anything though. Shepard was dead and being rebuilt for much of the end of the project, when it would have been getting publicity. And then at the actual end and when it launched he was mostly in the Terminus Systems.

The few times he goes to the citadel and what not and doesn't hear anything can be passed off as coincidence.
    like I said. Shepard apparently knew enough about it to record a freaking sendoff to the explorers before the ships leave, you know the one they would presumably listen to either before they go into cryo sleep, or after they wake up.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn98FdSg-Fo

and yeah, this being pretty darn public and pretty sure a nice hope for humanity's etc survival in case we don't destroy reapers and yet not once does anyone mention "well at least we have Andromeda initiative" - pretty sure its a retcon the way its set up. bioware timelines have always been wonky as hell, but this is just...

I'm kind of concerned about that Peebee character. Getting some serious Sera vibes from what I've been reading and Sera is the first Bioware character I actively told to fuck off and not recruit ever.

EDIT: Didn't even see SDMF's post, I just read her byline and went straight to post.

Oh god.
    Last edited by NoiseTank13; 2016-11-12 at 01:05 AM.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    I'm kind of concerned about that Peebee character. Getting some serious Sera vibes from what I've been reading and Sera is the first Bioware character I actively told to fuck off and not recruit ever.

EDIT: Didn't even see SDMF's post, I just read her byline and went straight to post.

Oh god.
    Haha, no problem.

Yeah her description definitely comes off as "Sera'ish", at least she's not paper bag over the head ugly like Sera was.
    While I would have loved to have hung, drawn and quartered Sera, I kept her around because I didn't want to miss out on any content.
    I haven't forgiven Bioware for the abomination of a game DA:I was but Mass Effect is one of my favorite franchises... Damn you to hell if you fuck this one up.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    like I said. Shepard apparently knew enough about it to record a freaking sendoff to the explorers before the ships leave, you know the one they would presumably listen to either before they go into cryo sleep, or after they wake up.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn98FdSg-Fo

and yeah, this being pretty darn public and pretty sure a nice hope for humanity's etc survival in case we don't destroy reapers and yet not once does anyone mention "well at least we have Andromeda initiative" - pretty sure its a retcon the way its set up. bioware timelines have always been wonky as hell, but this is just...
    That video doesn't have to be an in-game video though. It could be purely a marketing video to us the players. Also we never saw any one on the Normandy use the bathrooms or showers but they were still there. We as players never saw or heard 100% of what happened in the game or what Shepard did. It doesn't have to be a retcon for us to not know about it even though Shepard would have known about it.

Andromeda initiative wasn't really an answer for anyone in the Milky way though. It also might not have worked if the Reapers won and sent reapers after them. We don't know but in games, books, and any other story a retcon doesn't happen when you learn new information you were not told previously. A retcon occurs when they change lore to fit the new information. People over use the term so much now a days to call any new lore for existing works to be a Retcon.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    PeeBee? Princess Bubblegum?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    PeeBee? Princess Bubblegum?
    I don't know if she will be a stripper, doesn't look like it. But maybe it's part of a 300 year teenrebellion.

Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    wtf is this hype. i thought the game just launched.
    but the release is actually on march 2017 (5 months !)

anyhow, whats the difference between adromeda and the trilogy ? i have finished mass effect 2 and while it is rpg (dialogue options) its very much straight forward, tunnely in sections where are enemies.

is andromeda gonna be any different just like the witcher 3 was to the witcher 2 ? open world ? sell me the product cuz im starving on some sci-fi games
    How exactly do you want to make a game set on multiple planets, spanning a galaxy, open world?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    How exactly do you want to make a game set on multiple planets, spanning a galaxy, open world?
    Similar to how Elite Dangerous does it?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    You just make loading seamless. When you enter the planet's atmosphere it is loaded. The trouble isn't it the technical side of it but in the game play value side of it. To still offer guided game play and "interesting" points of interest in such a massive open world the developers would need to invest more time into it for such an open playing field. Even just a basic system would need to have "stuff" in the solar system in order to make it worth having as an open world type of zone.

Space games usually don't have enough to warrant it and ME4 isn't supposed to be a space sim (in the traditional use of the genre). While it would be cool to have more of a space sim (or even just space combat). I don't think mass effect needs it at all. Which is why they should just focus on planets rather then galaxy/solar system's etc. Unless it is part of the surface content. Like landing on an asteroid and having to space walk between other clusters of rock for the mission.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    I don't know if she will be a stripper, doesn't look like it. But maybe it's part of a 300 year teenrebellion.
    Those Asari do like to enjoy their rebellious "years" a little too long.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    March 2017? Honestly, I expected something like fall 2017, since they haven't shown much yet... Hope they don't rush it!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    March 2017? Honestly, I expected something like fall 2017, since they haven't shown much yet... Hope they don't rush it!
    We've known about the existence of the game since the doctors left in last half of 2012, meaning they probably started work right away after shipping ME3. They'll have had 5 years by the time it launches.

Lmao my fucking sides.

But the remote-controlled BB-8 is cool, right?

Deleted
    That thing is an insult to the Mako. Someone at BioWare deserve a tanksized fist to the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    That thing is an insult to the Mako. Someone at BioWare deserve a tanksized fist to the face.
    It sure is, but also

I'm dying, EA and bioware is so trash.
    Bring me back to the days of ME1 please.

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    What's wrong with that? People don't have to buy the game twice if they play on consoles.

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    It sure is, but also

Bring me back to the days of ME1 please.
    And? They did it with BF1 as well. It's a nice "Limited Edition Upgrade" for anyone who already pre-ordered the base game elsewhere or wants to purchase the upgrade after launch.

I see no issue with them offering more purchase options for consumers that don't limit what everyone else has access to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And? They did it with BF1 as well. It's a nice "Limited Edition Upgrade" for anyone who already pre-ordered the base game elsewhere or wants to purchase the upgrade after launch.

I see no issue with them offering more purchase options for consumers that don't limit what everyone else has access to.
    It's a garbage practice and it needs to go. You either want the limited edition or you don't. How does it limit what everyone has access to?

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    It's a garbage practice and it needs to go. You either want the limited edition or you don't.
    That's not true at all. There are plenty of folks who will buy a game, fall in love with it, and then trade it in and repurchase a LE edition. This provides them an easier way to get the LE contents without needing to deal with the hassle of trading in their game or owning two copies.

I still don't get how this is a negative thing, it's a purely optional purchase for those looking for the LE contents without paying for the game as well. That's more consumer options, which is generally win for consumers.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    How does it limit what everyone has access to?
    It doesn't. I added that in to make note sometimes these "additional options" come in the form of retailer specific pre-order exclusives. those are technically "additional options", but they're mutually exclusive options that don't necessarily provide a benefit to the consumer in the way that selling LE version with and without the game does.