Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    How many of you are actually even still playing WoW with some sort of regularity? I played about 3 weeks and that was still a week more than enough for me.
    i get on and do the caches on 2 toons and mess around, about it

ye just something to mess around with and waste time. been playing some d3 and overwatch too.
    anime is ded. only keeping up with db super atm

15+ Year Old Account
    How many of you are actually even still playing WoW with some sort of regularity? I played about 3 weeks and that was still a week more than enough for me.
    I quit like a month in.

It's not even that it was bad or anything. It's just that in the end, it didn't feel worth the time. I'd rather spend the little free time I have playing other games/watching anime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    only keeping up with db super atm
    The newest episode was a disappointment for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    The newest episode was a disappointment for me.
    ye about the same. i wrote more about it saturday/sunday

is there gonna be a christmas overwatch event? need sexy santa mercy since i didn't get sexy witch mercy
    Last edited by bals; 2016-11-16 at 06:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    ye about the same. i wrote more about it saturday/sunday

is there gonna be a christmas overwatch event? need sexy santa mercy since i didn't get sexy witch mercy
    Probably .

10+ Year Old Account

Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Mahoiku is a good series and Alice, La Pucelle, Top Speed and Ripple are all really good girls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Started playing again with the 2night mythic raid guild that I co-founded in MoP as I always planned to. Legion at least has been a better effort from Blizzard and I needed to get some routine back into my hobby time outside of my 9-5.

Also got some good mates in guild that I've been playing on/off with since wrath, which helps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Worer View Post
    Mahoiku is a good series and Alice, La Pucelle, Top Speed and Ripple are all really good girls.
    It's actually far better than I thought it would be after 7 episodes. First few placed it as edgelord tryhard of the season, 4/10 tops, but it actually pushes so hard it goes back around to good. The fights are brutal and well animated, and writers play with characters' lives looser than G.R.R.M. Solid 7/10 for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    It's actually far better than I thought it would be after 7 episodes. First few placed it as edgelord tryhard of the season, 4/10 tops, but it actually pushes so hard it goes back around to good. The fights are brutal and well animated, and writers play with characters' lives looser than G.R.R.M. Solid 7/10 for me.
    Since the anime only covers the first arc, I also recommend you to read the light novel. The guy translating it is working is delivering new chapters really quickly. There's even a volume full of backstories for the first volume's characters.

Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    I'm starting to think that it was a mistake to rewatch it. I'm confused and depressed again.
    As I was watching that video on sound design in Serial Experiments Lain that I linked a few pages back, it suddenly occurred to me that so much of my disagreement with people comes down to form vs. content.

In my typical way of thinking, form exists for one purpose: to clarify or enrich content. The sound and music, the character design, the artistic nods are all only as valuable as the plot and themes that they are supporting. I can note several times this has come through:

-I was giving Texhnolyze a ~5 after I first finished it. I wasn't immune to the atmosphere that was fluidly designed to give a gaping void of meaning. In fact I walked away a bit dazed by it. But that still didn't impress me because I felt like it was a, 'Nice try, but what was the point of all that?" Then a switch flipped and suddenly I understood what it was about and it rocketed up to a 9. I still haven't found that in Lain, if it exists.

-I've rewatched Trigun fairly recently, and it struggles up to an 8 on my list. This is almost exclusively due to the underlying message and Nicholas D. Wolfwood. It has so many other mediocre elements that I would normally never rate it this high, but by sheer virtue of its struggle centered on being "Christian" in an unforgiving world I give it the benefit.

-After finishing the video about Lain sound design by RCAnime I watched another one of his videos in which he flatly stated he considered Death Parade to be trash, a curious statement after his praise of series that he openly said were nothing more than feel-good. Tendencies toward elitism aside, it made me wonder how much of this opinion was based on its presentation rather than ideas.

I could name more examples, but I think that gets the point across. By my nature I'm an intellectually intense person: I live through my ideas and they mean a lot to me. I'm not saying that other people don't have ideas or don't care about them, but I do put an ultimate value on them above and beyond appearance. Now in the future I think this will help me better understand why I am suddenly shocked by certain opinions or disagreements, and maybe in turn why I've occasionally ripped on series (FlipFlap...?) when they didn't fit this mold.

The Vision of Escaflowne - 8/10

A very good series that eschews the stereotypical European medieval for a unique Renaissance era high fantasy setting with magitek and dungeonpunk elements. There is absolutely no filler in the series whatsoever, and the plot is great (up until the ending, which is forgivable considering the show was originally meant to be 39 episodes long and was squashed down to just 26). The new FUNimation dub is great as well, would recommend you watch dubbed. Despite being labeled as Shoujo, it never felt anything less than an enthralling anime epic.

Sound! Euphonium 2 Episode 7

Was wondering when we would get some info on Asuka.

Also finally caught up with everyone.

Not sure if the trailer was posted earlier, but thoughts on the live-action FMA adaptation?

The special effects for transmutation and the Chamera are actually better than I thought they would be when I heard about a live action adaptation. Not sure about Alphonse, not enough footage to see.

The trailer music was remarkably out of place. Live-action Edward's dyed hair looks obviously dyed.

I don't expect greatness, but I won't know until I watch it.

10+ Year Old Account
    People get mad when they don't use Japanese actors in live action adaptations. If you've watched some of them, they are mad cringe worthy and they don't project the same emotion.

There are quite a few great Japanese actors. But it is my understanding that they don't attach themselves to fool hardy projects.

10+ Year Old Account
    KUMIKO WITH HAIR UP.

SO B A S E D

My heart is bursting.

- - - Updated - - -

Hibike - This episode was so good. Sapphire playing bass holy shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Hibike - This episode was so good. Sapphire playing bass holy shit.
    The part in the spoiler was amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow. How could they. Murder.