Page 18 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Go ahead and try to find me being outraged over any stupid thing they've added to the game... I'll wait

I'm just having a great laugh over the same anti-posters getting all mad over a video game item. The hypocrisy is soooo delicious
    Yeah, nah. I am anti, and you seem to be the most outraged of all, throwing out all your special little buzzwords.

I simply don't care. I imagine there would be more of an outrage if there was a single Ex-Girlfriend Dummy like this, but I don't care. Jokes are jokes, I only think the double-standard is funny and telling.

I don't want it removed, I don't want it changed. I believe in a game developer's right to create what they want, controversial or not, which by far supersedes any disappointment an existing double-standard might cause in me.

I didn't think the Jaina portrait "before she went crazy." text had to be changed, I don't think Tyrande's Silence had to be removed, I don't think the Ji Firepaw stuff had to be changed, I didn't think Tracer's pose had to be changed and I don't think this has to be removed or changed. I only wish Blizzard agreed with me on all of the above.

But please calm your shit because you are embarrassing yourself more so than those you call "MRA GERBERGOOBERS.".
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2016-11-16 at 01:47 PM.

Hey I'm all for equality, where's the ex-girlfriend punching bag?

Normally I wouldn't give a shit but this is Blizzard we are talking about, a company with a history of pandering to the SJW crowd.
    All I'm asking for is consistency, either by making this item gender neutral or by adding a GF dummy.
    Last edited by SDMF; 2016-11-16 at 02:43 PM.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

Deleted
    I find it amusing all the petty trolls are trying to offend people by trying to downplay this or use a false equivalence argument.

In reality it's another example of the contempt a portion of the company has towards its customers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    Imagine if it was an "Ex-Girlfriend Punching Bag".
    They should add this aswell, just to trigger more tumblrinas and weaklings.

Would be fucking hilarious.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    They should add this aswell, just to trigger more tumblrinas and weaklings.

Would be fucking hilarious.
    This is Blizzard we are talking about. "Tyrande's Silence" was too much for them. That won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    This is Blizzard we are talking about. "Tyrande's Silence" was too much for them. That won't happen.
    Apparently Blizzard hates having high subscriber numbers. And to think they actually started the expansion off decently....
    You may now kiss the ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Choda View Post
    Apparently Blizzard hates having high subscriber numbers. And to think they actually started the expansion off decently....
    Indeed. Already cancelled my 8 subs over this.

Deleted Overwatch and unsubbed from WoW. I'm not going to support a company that promotes this. /sarcasm

Too many people are easily offended. Get over it. There are bigger, more important things to be outraged about if you really want to be mad at something.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    So an item that takes the piss out of men in abusive relationships drops from the Valentine event which is a day all about love. Ironic.
    It's men outside of abusive relationships. It's an ex-boyfriend. And, of course, it is a punching bag, not the actual ex-boyfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    It's men outside of abusive relationships. It's an ex-boyfriend. And, of course, it is a punching bag, not the actual ex-boyfriend.
    In a world where men get arrested for disagreeing with feminists on twitter, this post is pure bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Choda View Post
    In a world where men get arrested for disagreeing with feminists on twitter, this post is pure bullshit.
    Wut?

/10char

It didn't take long for the meninists to show up. Did I miss the obligatory "feminazis!" post?

"Meninists"; Lel.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Wut?

/10char
    https://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comm...t2&sh=94d7071b

I should've clarified - you are excusing the sexism of the item because the "boyfriend" is no longer a "boyfriend", which makes it somehow justifiable. I am saying that your rationalization makes no sense, because as demonstrated in the case linked above, not being directly involved with someone can and does have dire repercussions.

But once again I've waded way too deep into the "being offended" territory. Even if I wanted to continue the discussion along those lines, you've already said that you fantasize about punching your husband so there's really little room for discussion there.

The only thing that needs to be said in this case is that - when the roles were reversed Blizzard not only acted swiftly, but made public apologies, even though the "offense" was far less severe. Not doing it in this case would display a hypocrisy and double-standards of the worst possible sort.

It's whatever to me, but I'm going to, at the risk of sounding a bit SJW, say that it's in poor taste. I felt a little...weird about it when I first saw it before I knew there was a drama around this item.

Can we just not have jokes about stabbing people outside of a warfare setting? WoW has a lot of violence but it's warfare and even occasionally lighthearted unless you look "under the hood" enough into RPG books or novels where they have to get a little darker to spin a convincing enough world together. As much as this might be a joke, it's a joke of a very realistic domestic violence situation that happens a lot...and male or female, it feels a little unsettling to imply that it's normal to want to murder an ex boyfriend. I feel like this could easily be solved by changing "stabbing" to "punching" or "smacking" and/or renaming the dummy to "ex lover" or simply "ex" as someone else put.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to start signing petitions and raising torches if Blizzard doesn't change it, but it is a little unfunny to me as someone who has never gotten these stupid Blizzard drama situations. The Ji Firepaw one almost made me quit because of how completely childish it was, god forbid a guy have a crush on a girl because she's cute that's just sexist.
    Last edited by Irian; 2016-11-17 at 04:00 PM.

It's a joke item. In a videogame.

Stop being fucking PC nazis and demanding that everything be banned because you can't handle a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    "Meninists"; Lel.
    It's quite the spectacle. And they are 100% serious.

Deleted
    The joke is, that female WoW players will actually have ex boyfriends. The majority of male WoW players won't have ex girlfriends.

Gonna try and get this removed from game. Who's with me?

Quote Originally Posted by Snackpack View Post
    It didn't take long for the meninists to show up. Did I miss the obligatory "feminazis!" post?
    "Meninists" are a parody.