Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Your F-list contacts are not friends as long as you did not bond in RL. You only have mutual interests of running dungeons together.
    hahaha so much this. I guess these are the same people who have "online girlfriend". Because playing a video game with random strangers is apparently a very social and bonding experience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullerick View Post
    I don't know why but so many people speak about mythic dungeons in a way where they make it seem like creating their own group is just not an option ever in their life.
    Have you tried it recently? Wait times are ridiculous because people are ignoring groups with people under 850 which shows how fucked up it is.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    What point would that be? People at ilvl 850 are doing Mythic + because Mythic 0 gear is useless. You're under the illusion ilvl = skill in Legion
    I'm under no illusion whatsoever, ilvl = higher DPS on average, that's math.

It'd be for people with too high gear wanting to speedrun a mythic for a keystone or whatever. I don't see a point in letting low geared people who don't want to use the LFG tool into mythics. Just do heroics if you can't stand other people?

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Your F-list contacts are not friends as long as you did not bond in RL. You only have mutual interests of running dungeons together.
    Uh, ok?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    I'm under no illusion whatsoever, ilvl = higher DPS on average, that's math.

It'd be for people with too high gear wanting to speedrun a mythic for a keystone or whatever. I don't see a point in letting low geared people who don't want to use the LFG tool into mythics. Just do heroics if you can't stand other people?

Uh, ok?
    You were talking about random shits which has fuck all to do with ilvl. An awesome 830 can out dps a shit 850

Quote Originally Posted by johnyderp View Post
    hahaha so much this. I guess these are the same people who have "online girlfriend". Because playing a video game with random strangers is apparently a very social and bonding experience.
    I guess this means you don't have any then, since you're trying to talk about something else entirely. When did I say it was social? I said get friends because you were whining about not getting into groups. Get friends and make groups with them.

Or, if you don't have friends and want to call it "people with mutual interest"; get yourself some "people with mutual interests" so you can get groups.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    You were talking about random shits which has fuck all to do with ilvl. An awesome 830 can out dps a shit 850
    And again you're not getting it. Ilvl = higher DPS on average, random DPS with 820-880 ilvl will statistically have lower DPS than random DPS with 850-880 ilvl.

If you're arguing that low geared noobs should get to LFD mythics because finding groups is hard, then I'm just all against that, so there's no need to bother arguing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    I guess this means you don't have any then, since you're trying to talk about something else entirely. When did I say it was social? I said get friends because you were whining about not getting into groups. Get friends and make groups with them.

Or, if you don't have friends and want to call it "people with mutual interest"; get yourself some "people with mutual interests" so you can get groups.

- - - Updated - - -

And again you're not getting it. Ilvl = higher DPS on average, random DPS with 820-880 ilvl will statistically have lower DPS than random DPS with 850-880 ilvl.

If you're arguing that low geared noobs should get to LFD mythics because finding groups is hard, then I'm just all against that, so there's no need to bother arguing.
    Then we agree to disagree

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I've noticed this a bit on the forums and a few fansites that people are asking for them to be on the LFD queue. Why? What is wrong with forming your own group and going there? Just seems to me people want a way to get more free purples for minimal effort when there are already plenty of ways of that in LFR and World Quests.
    Right now you can just pick a random group in the group finder and hope the leader will invite you. And mythic (not talking about mythic+) isn't really much more than a harder heroic, so I kind of understand why people want to be able to queue up for them.

I dont have the time or patience to spend 45mins making a group that could fail & fall apart on a wipe, then to spend another 20mins finding a replacement. i have a job, i have a life & i can't dedicate myself to doing that. My friends are playing BF1, TF2 & new pvp games.

Quote Originally Posted by johnyderp View Post
    Yeah, I always laugh at all that crap. Video game nerds calling other people "anti-social", can it get any more ironic? Incredible idiocy. It's just dungeons, for Christ's sake. Killing a bunch of pixel monsters. Do we really have to hold hands, whisper sweet nothings into each other's ears and talk about or lives? Is it that bad? Do they really need to bond with strangers to trust their precious digital lives into their hands?

Bunch of awkward, inhibited weirdos reprimanding others for not being "social" enough. Absurd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    lol no. The community was pretty awful in Vanilla and BC as well. People on the internet suck.
    No what you just said is completely false. People were much more willing to group up through trade chat, and other means, and were generally better / nicer players because they HAD to be. If they were complete tools (which there were a few), then they would be ousted from their server community and no one would group with them anymore. In TBC there were no cross realm servers, groups, etc. There was just your realm.

Try to come to the table with actual facts next time instead of everything being pulled out of your ass.

I'm 870 and when i do mythics i search for 860+ ppl because i don't like boosting 825 ilvl ppl
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    No what you just said is completely false. People were much more willing to group up through trade chat, and other means, and were generally better / nicer players because they HAD to be. If they were complete tools (which there were a few), then they would be ousted from their server community and no one would group with them anymore. In TBC there were no cross realm servers, groups, etc. There was just your realm.

Try to come to the table with actual facts next time instead of everything being pulled out of your ass.
    Indeed. If you were an ass on one server back then that was it a lot of people would know and avoid you.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    I'm 870 and when i do mythics i search for 860+ ppl because i don't like boosting 825 ilvl ppl
    I'm 860 so I ask for 855. Decline anything lower. Tbh Mythic dungeons should require 830 or more to even enter.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    I completely agree with this statement. Anyone that doesn't didn't play before Lfd and see how the community was a lot better back then and the main reason accountability. If one got a bad name on a realm they were screwed.
    lol no. Maybe if you played on a dead server, but even the people with bad reputations got runs and even ended up in guilds and raided, or PvPed. Even people who had a reputation for ninjaing things got in pug runs. The importance of your reputation in vanilla is vaaaaaastly overstated. Unless you played on a dead server.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I'd suggest you try the same thing. Especially try not overestimating things lol
    Why? @Jaylock is absolutely right. Server community was a big thing before the tools were implemented. If you were an ass on a server then you were ousted.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd suggest you try the same thing. Especially try not making things out to be bigger than they were.
    Because everything I said was accurate FACTS about how servers were back then. He just put a broad blanket statement about how server communities were IN HIS EYES. Maybe he is a complete recluse who never socializes with anyone in real life and in game, and maybe he takes any communication from other players as "negative shit community" reactions. So yeah, I was completely justified when presenting factual information, not just unfounded BS.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm 860 so I ask for 855. Decline anything lower.
    And that right there is why Mythics being out of the LFD tool is probably going to kill the feature. You're excluding people who not only have gear good enough for Mythics, you're excluding people who OUTGEAR Mythics. That's beyond stupid. Nobody wants to spend 2 hours getting declined for content that's not even challenging, and nobody wants to spend an hour forming their own group and jumping through hoops and hassles to run a 15 minute dungeon. If you don't think Blizzard will re-evaluate and make changes, you're dreaming.

Why? @Jaylock is absolutely right. Server community was a big thing before the tools were implemented. If you were an ass on a server then you were ousted.
    No you weren't. Most of us in high end raiding guilds at the time were total assholes, and we weren't ousted from shit. The only people who got "ousted" were people who ninja looted things, and the poor unfortunate soul who annoyed one of us "elite raiders." - And even then they still got in groups, they just had the unfortunate experience of us talking shit about them in trade chat.

No, you really weren't. The post above yours is far more accurate.
    Server community is vastly overstated. The vast majority of it was contained within guilds. And people were definitely not more "willing" or even better players.

- - - Updated - - -

To a very small degree, yes, you were correct. As I said, try not to overstate things, which is what you did.
    Please stop. You are spouting misinformation here. Server community did matter and @Jaylock is correct. Stop pretending it wasn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    And that right there is why Mythics being out of the LFD tool is probably going to kill the feature. You're excluding people who not only have gear good enough for Mythics, you're excluding people who OUTGEAR Mythics. That's beyond stupid. Nobody wants to spend 2 hours getting declined for content that's not even challenging, and nobody wants to spend an hour forming their own group and jumping through hoops and hassles to run a 15 minute dungeon. If you don't think Blizzard will re-evaluate and make changes, you're dreaming.

No you weren't. Most of us in high end raiding guilds at the time were total assholes, and we weren't ousted from shit. The only people who got "ousted" were people who ninja looted things, and the poor unfortunate soul who annoyed one of us "elite raiders." - And even then they still got in groups, they just had the unfortunate experience of us talking shit about them in trade chat.
    Why? I'm not asking for a higher item level than my own. Not my problem they aren't good enough to get 855. Also yes you were. Deny it all you want. Server community mattered.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, you really weren't. The post above yours is far more accurate.
    Server community is vastly overstated. The vast majority of it was contained within guilds. And people were definitely not more "willing" or even better players.

- - - Updated - - -

To a very small degree, yes, you were correct. As I said, try not to overstate things, which is what you did.
    Why cant you just agree with me when i'm right and not say anything more? Is it that hard to agree with someone on these forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Why cant you just agree with me when i'm right and not say anything more? Is it that hard to agree with someone on these forums?
    Indeed. Some people these days Jay. I'd rather have the opinion of someone who clearly played to take as fact. I mean if the other 2 people arguing with you have to argue it they clearly didn't play before the LFD/LFR or CRZ tools were added.