Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

I've never seen a more balanced era than WotLK

PvP was perfect, in arenas you could find any combo, any class, any spec. They were all awesome in a way or another.
    If you ever felt weak, there was surely a way to customize your gaming to rock the situations.
    With any class, with any spec, you just had to find the best team to rule arenas.

PvP was hardcore, you could feel the BOOM. HP bars were going up and down like crazy.
    Healers were real healers.
    Your impact in bgs were impressive, hps was higher than dps, you were loved and carried like an healer should be... but now healing has been tremendously weakened since then. Guess why there are so few healers atm?

CC wasnt so oppressive. Casting classes were more free and not everyone had something to fucking stop you.

Please BLIZZARD bring back that gaming time experience. PvP never felt better since then.

Deleted
    Yep, in WOTLK PvP was pretty balanced for a few classes.

Deleted
    I don't think PVP in WOTLK was all that balanced, yes it was my favorite expansion, however it was in no way balanced.

People seem to forget the gods that were protection paladins even in PvP.

Also the fact shamans were brought to arena ONLY because of bloodlust to nuke the other team in a few seconds.

Although i'll admit it was a lot more unique than the melee sludge train we have right now, it was not balanced.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by One-Of-Many View Post
    Yep, in WOTLK PvP was pretty balanced for a few classes.
    What do you mean for a few classes? I think 2v2 and 3v3 could feature almost any combo that did not share the same cc type.
    Of course, for example, HPala + AWarrior combos were overused, but on top ladders you could find everything. And i'm talking before Frostmourne cause that weapon was op for PvP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baleful-Bal View Post
    I don't think PVP in WOTLK was all that balanced, yes it was my favorite expansion, however it was in no way balanced.

People seem to forget the gods that were protection paladins even in PvP.

Also the fact shamans were brought to arena ONLY because of bloodlust to nuke the other team in a few seconds.

Although i'll admit it was a lot more unique than the melee sludge train we have right now, it was not balanced.
    Both prot palas and prot wars could deal crazy amount of damage in arenas, but honesty not more than other classes. Usually the ones hitting the stronger were the ones that didn't have any healing reduction abilities like mortal strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post
    PvP was perfect.
    Stopped here because you clearly forgot how Restro druids was gods. They could out heal a whole team's worth of damage and not even care.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Stopped here because you clearly forgot how Restro druids was gods. They could out heal a whole team's worth of damage and not even care.
    Nah dude, i still follow lot of wotlk arenas from A.T. and can tell you they dont appear op at all.
    Sometimes they win, sometimes they lose.
    Most top 3v3 combos got Pala or Priest as heal.

Deleted
    Really?

I seem to remember it in a different/less favouable light.

Deleted
    This OP is clearly not biased and does not have rose tinted glasses on. I was one shooting people on my arms warrior in bgs. Not even using any special macros. I was casual Pvp and I was one shooting people. Nothing to do with skill

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'd say PvP was more fun when the player HP to player damage ratio was more evenly balanced. Can't really speak for fairness as I was far from top-tier rankings.

Some classes were more balanced than others.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

resto druids
    rmp
    double melee with shadowmourne
    double melee with shadowmourne and DBW
    double healer shadowmourne warriors with dbw and healers with baubles
    DFO
    prot paladins
    arp prot warriors/hunters
    double healer 3s
    prot pala healers

this is just off the top of my head. melee absolutely trumped casters and only lost to good rmps.

so if this is the most balanced era of pvp, i feel bad for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post
    PvP was perfect, in arenas you could find any combo, any class, any spec. They were all awesome in a way or another.
    If you ever felt weak, there was surely a way to customize your gaming to rock the situations.
    With any class, with any spec, you just had to find the best team to rule arenas.

PvP was hardcore, you could feel the BOOM. HP bars were going up and down like crazy.
    Healers were real healers.
    Your impact in bgs were impressive, hps was higher than dps, you were loved and carried like an healer should be... but now healing has been tremendously weakened since then. Guess why there are so few healers atm?

CC wasnt so oppressive. Casting classes were more free and not everyone had something to fucking stop you.

Please BLIZZARD bring back that gaming time experience. PvP never felt better since then.
    "Most people think that playing DK in 2v2 is just spamming Ice Touch, but they are incorrect, you won't reach past 2.2k playing like that"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    resto druids
    rmp
    double melee with shadowmourne
    double melee with shadowmourne and DBW
    double healer shadowmourne warriors with dbw and healers with baubles
    DFO
    prot paladins
    arp prot warriors/hunters
    double healer 3s
    prot pala healers

this is just off the top of my head. melee absolutely trumped casters and only lost to good rmps.

so if this is the most balanced era of pvp, i feel bad for pvp.
    TSG and RMP were top 3v3s probably. But please dont say that melees were dominating. That's absolutely not true, I suggest you to check the arena turnament ladders.
    They have spectating mode that is lovely and everyday I pass some times spectating like a movie

PS: agree about Frostmourne, I Indeed said not to count it in the main post.

It was certainly possible to get creative with PvE gear... back in WOTLK I lost quite a few 2v2 matches to a Feral Druid who would put on a few Frost Resist pieces to try and get some of my Mage's burst to miss.

Engineering was also usable in PvP, at least during the first season. Hand-rockets did sick burst (upwards of 15% of the target's HP) and Priests were using Rocket Boots to run all the way from their pillar, to your side of the map, and then connect a Psychic Scream on your team. Another thing was that playing offensive as a healer was fun because it caused huge pressure but would also OOM you very fast so there was an element of risk-reward to making kill attempts.

I also distinctly remember the best Rogue trinket for PvP being a Darkmoon Faire card, and all the discussions about whether hybrid builds were better than putting 41 talent points in the same tree for the comp that you were playing.

I don't know if I could call WotLK PvP more balanced but it was definitely more exciting. That was before WoW went full participation award.

Deleted
    I loved both Wintergrasp and the mini raid that followed it. Something for everyone.

Just the fact that no one seems able to agree on what was balanced or not is proof of how balanced it really was.

All classes felt like, you know, classes that had different strengths and weaknesses.

Bring the player, not the class u know? that shit started gnawing at Wow's soul

except u forgot about rets one shotting ppl with crusader strike in 3.1, or DK's soloing 2v2 and warriors tunneling everything with bro storm in TSG and LSD playing seek and hide in dalaran arena....well u get one

WotLK, balanced ? With the godly DK and Paladin and the rogues who could tear through anything without plate ?
    Yeah, right ^^

healers shouldn't even be allowed in pvp in the first place. should be entirely banned from it.

Mana burn mana burn mana burn mana burn mana burn...kill it with fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Most people on the internet nowadays need a good spank.