Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Well, as I haven't been in love, I can't say if it is or not.
    In the other hand, I can not imagine it's anything more than a glorified obsession to justify irrational decisions people make to ease their pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Didn't Aladdin set the rules? You can't affect love with magic!!... At least not if you are a genie. <.<
    I think it had more to do with the genies personal morals, than his actual ability ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    More like disregard love, focus on career and school, get a great high paying job, enjoy the fruits of massive financial freedom. If you get lonely, then their is always some young hot gold digger just begging to pretend to love you. Who cares is love is pretend, it feels the same anyways. Can anyone really tell the difference between real and fake love? Even if I know she only loves me for my money it wouldn't bother me very much. If you get mad at something good just because it is fake, then you are taking away enjoyment from yourself.
    Careful there, your euphoria is showing.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I think it had more to do with the genies personal morals, than his actual ability ^^
    No I think that was a clear rule because he had to obey Jaffar's wishes even though he found those immoral.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    It seems kind of intuitive for me that Single=Happier life for one reason and one reason only:

When you don't have to raise a family, you can put yourself at the forefront; nobody comes before your own wants.
    I am married, we have chosen not to have children for many various reasons so we don't have to worry about that. I am very happily married and we are able to compromise and both be happy 99.9% of the time. I know I am much happier and healthier married than I would be if I was single. I enjoy being with my husband because he makes like more interesting and fun, so having to think about his needs isn't a negative for me.

More like disregard love, focus on career and school, get a great high paying job, enjoy the fruits of massive financial freedom. If you get lonely, then their is always some young hot gold digger just begging to pretend to love you. Who cares is love is pretend, it feels the same anyways. Can anyone really tell the difference between real and fake love? Even if I know she only loves me for my money it wouldn't bother me very much. If you get mad at something good just because it is fake, then you are taking away enjoyment from yourself.
    Again, you haven't felt love so of course you wouldn't know the difference between "the real deal" and someone just being there for your cash.
    As someone that's felt it, there's a massive (tangible) difference between real love and someone leeching off you... and if I could be rich at the expense of never having people around me that I loved and who loved me back, I'd rather stay middle-class... hell, even go poor again.

Thinking that a life filled with love would somehow set you back through anything but your own inability is laughable when there are Presidents that have loved ones and raise families.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Nothing can make you feel better nor hurt you more than love.

I have been proper hurt by love.

Now I prefer money.

What is love?

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    No I think that was a clear rule because he had to obey Jaffar's wishes even though he found those immoral.
    Could be. But Jaffars wishes weren't nearly as far off as forcing love, killing someone or raising dead.

Also, if memory serves, when he mentions the raising dead part he implies that he just won't do it, not that he couldn't.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2016-11-18 at 11:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Romantic love is very overrated. True love (love for your child) isn't.

Deleted
    Hand me a million dollars and I will feel just as nice if not more.
    The point is: It might be overrated in your opinion, but don't expect everyone to share it. Because for me, no, it definitely is not.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Except everyone sending you bills.
    The bills for the expenditures that I made for my own benefit and no one elses'?

I fail to see your point, if there was one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khazlol View Post
    What is love?

10+ Year Old Account
    In the current generation it is massively underrated.

No one cares.

And it's depressing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hand me a million dollars and I will feel just as nice if not more.
    See, no one is going to hand you a million dollars, just like no one is going to hand you the love you claim isn't all that important.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

More like disregard love, focus on career and school, get a great high paying job, enjoy the fruits of massive financial freedom. If you get lonely, then their is always some young hot gold digger just begging to pretend to love you. Who cares is love is pretend, it feels the same anyways. Can anyone really tell the difference between real and fake love? Even if I know she only loves me for my money, it wouldn't bother me very much. If you get mad at something good just because it is fake, then you are taking away enjoyment from yourself.
    Why can you not be in love, get a high paying job and have a good career while being in love?

I finished grad school with a 4.0 average, got a good job, worked and all was going well and then I needed surgery on my hand. Surgery went very badly, I developed CRPS AKA "the suicide disease" because of the amount of pain is causes and the fact there is no cure. I ended up being terminated from my job because my doctor would not allow me to go back. I can type for short periods of time and that is it. I can never do a job using my left hand or a computer all day.

Guess what? Right now my husband is supporting us until I can find a job I can do or a medication that will help the pain so that I can work again, so far 1.5 years post surgery and nothing has worked. I would rather have true love than all the money in the world. He has been my support through my mother having cancer and then right after my hand issue. He makes me happier than any pay check or career ever would.

Deleted
    I don't think love is overrated, think it depends on who you are as an individual. Personally if it ever happens to me, well good for me if not well i can occupy my mind with other stuff. But I've never been a social person and reading about the dead is way more fun the bothering with the living.

Maybe everyone got their young Werther inside of them in the end.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seirith View Post
    Why can you not be in love, get a high paying job and have a good career while being in love?

I finished grad school with a 4.0 average, got a good job, worked and all was going well and then I needed surgery on my hand. Surgery went very badly, I developed CRPS AKA "the suicide disease" because of the amount of pain is causes and the fact there is no cure. I ended up being terminated from my job because my doctor would not allow me to go back. I can type for short periods of time and that is it. I can never do a job using my left hand or a computer all day.

Guess what? Right now my husband is supporting us until I can find a job I can do or a medication that will help the pain so that I can work again, so far 1.5 years post surgery and nothing has worked. I would rather have true love than all the money in the world. He has been my support through my mother having cancer and then right after my hand issue. He makes me happier than any pay check or career ever would.
    He's a a silly man. Maybe you are so happy that he is taking care of you scott free, but I bet he would be happier without you and have a fat stack of cash instead.

infracted - trolling
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-11-18 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Not always.

I never value love that much even it is scarce for me.

Granted I have a GF now, but it was her that searched for me, I would have been totally fine as the way it is if that never happened, and I can totally handle it if things doesn't work out.

Some people really don't care about the idea of love.

More random example. Someone was telling me they are so sad they are selling their first car, something that I never understood. I felt nothing but joy when I sold my first car, because it was a shitty piece of kit and I am getting something much nicer in return. But for them they were saying all these memories and such, which does not have any effect on me.

It is the same principle, some people value things more than others, scarcity isn't really the deciding factor.

- - - Updated - - -

Agree.

Money always bring me more joy than love and other memory and feelings and crap like that.

You clearly aren't in LOVE with your girlfriend which is what we're talking about here..
    Getting married to and having 2 children with the woman who I have been in true love with for over 10 years, are experiences that are not worth any amount of money.

Sex is like 10 times better when you're in love.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland