Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Peaceful group of people acting peaceful.... oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Riiiiiight.

the whole entirety of the Trump's campaign attack strategy was with the emails. He's on national TV begging Russia or "whoever" to keep hacking her. Bannon has Russian ties. Putin endorsed Trump over Hillary. Trump and Bannon have openly felated Putin.

You're acting like I'm pulling stuff out of thin air. This is basically putting together a 4 piece puzzle.
    well... Mrs. Clinton's emails, personal server, and mishandling of confidential material at her own public admittance.... but yeah that wasn't his whole campaign. You're forgetting the racism and misogyny people keep talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post

Yes, this is like saying no one knew Elton John was gay until he officially came out.
    'People aren't saying it, but I know the truth' is why people are saying you sound like a conspiracy theorist.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkthugal View Post
    So you've found a way to label things that have nothing to do with race as racist. Brilliant.

By the way if you see my eyes, grab them for me.

They've rolled over the horizon, you see.
    I'm very, very sorry that your precious racism loophole has been closed in both common language and in the law. Your argument was always stupid anyway. Racism isn't bad because it is a naughty word. Racism is bad because it is bigotry. Trying to figure out ways to separate specific types of bigotry from racism so that you can pretend those forms of bigotry aren't as bad because they don't fall under the bad naughty word "racism" was always asinine and never fooled anyone.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    It's fully within the electoral college's ability to vote for whomever they want.

It's fully within a person's right to contact government officials.

As I've said before, I think it'd be hilarious if the electoral college voted Hillary Clinton in. Heaven forbid they elect to reflect the will of the majority of the country.

But I guess telling those couple million voters that their vote didn't count is okay, as long as it lands the least qualified president we've ever had in the white house, right?
    Do note: Not fully within their ability. It depends on the state. If one of my state's electors votes against how the state went, it's a 4th degree felony.
    Full list of laws for faithless voting: https://www.archives.gov/federal-reg.../electors.html

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    No, just got bored faster than I normally do with you pushing your usual liberal agenda.

- - - Updated - - -

That fact that you continue to ignore the millions upon millions of people who didn't even vote combined with the fact that you are not even taking into consideration any of the multitude of reasons how and why some people voted the way they did is laughable at best. Your metric for determining that the USA as a whole leans to the left is very flawed and downright horse-blinder worthy. And don't keep saying "it's the only metric we have to go by" when anyone with a bit of common sense can see just how grossly inaccurate and misleading it can be based on the information we actually DO know or at the very least, can infer.
    So you are saying that we can infer something - and then that's better than a poor metric? Ok - I guess we're done listening to your drivel. What information DO we know?

And of course the popular vote ignore millions who didn't vote - can you say anything more obvious? And I'm not laying claim to know any reason for why people voted the way they did. All I was saying was that even though the popular vote is a poor metric, it's the best (of the worst) one we have.

Your comments amount to basically an echo chamber. Thanks - but we've heard it all before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ArmoredDragoon View Post
    Except your later answers have all been just speculation. You're literally doing nothing at all to account for those who don't vote in states that lean far in one direction because the loss is already a foregone conclusion, and those whom voting is a big inconvenience (i.e. no local polling places) who actually tend to vote republican as most do in rural counties.
    This is nothing to be done about those that didn't vote - but definition we cannot account for them. The popular vote is the best of the worst choices we have to measure the "leaning" of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    So you are saying that we can infer something - and then that's better than a poor metric? Ok - I guess we're done listening to your drivel. What information DO we know?

And of course the popular vote ignore millions who didn't vote - can you say anything more obvious? And I'm not laying claim to know any reason for why people voted the way they did. All I was saying was that even though the popular vote is a poor metric, it's the best (of the worst) one we have.

Your comments amount to basically an echo chamber. Thanks - but we've heard it all before.

- - - Updated - - -

This is nothing to be done about those that didn't vote - but definition we cannot account for them. The popular vote is the best of the worst choices we have to measure the "leaning" of the country.
    The "only" metric we have, even though it is highly inaccurate and absolutely does not account for a great multitude of things. The fact that you are even treating as any sort of viable means of measurement is absolutely hilarious. I believe we can stop listening to YOUR drivel now.

Attempting to morally browbeat someone into doing something isn't being nice. Since it's one arm-grab shy of being outright coercion, I see little reason why any elector who receives a letter like this shouldn't fire back with harsh words.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    Attempting to morally browbeat someone into doing something isn't being nice. Since it's one arm-grab shy of being outright coercion, I see little reason why any elector who receives a letter like this shouldn't fire back with harsh words.
    If you're not prepared to do the right thing for the welfare of your country, you shouldn't be an elector.

Then again, the entire Trump movement is based on the foundation of 'politics for the lulz'.

Facts don't kid. She's winning the popular election by 1.5+MM votes nationwide. You points about CA and NY are entirely irrelevant, just as any points I'd bring up about TX, AL, etc would be.

We are a blue country (according to the Presidential vote count).
    Looks like it swung red this time

U.S. Senate - Republican 52-46-2
    U.S. House of Representatives - Republican 242-193
    Governor Republican - 34-15-1
    Majority in State Senate Republican - 35-13-2
    Majority in State House - Republican 31-17-1

All those are have the higher majority Republican control.

Guess we shall see how bad the Red's mess up things and the Blues can swing it in two years

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    If you're not prepared to do the right thing for the welfare of your country, you shouldn't be an elector.

Then again, the entire Trump movement is based on the foundation of 'politics for the lulz'.
    "Do the right thing" in this case being "do what benefits me" which is where people start to question your biases.

You realize that some states the electors are legally bound to pick who the state picked right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Looks like it swung red this time

U.S. Senate - Republican 52-46-2
    U.S. House of Representatives - Republican 242-193
    Governor Republican - 34-15-1
    Majority in State Senate Republican - 35-13-2
    Majority in State House - Republican 31-17-1

All those are have the higher majority Republican control. [/quote]

None of which have popular mandates, excluding the governors - even then, most of the states are red.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    "Do the right thing" in this case being "do what benefits me" which is where people start to question your biases.
    Sorry, is electing a competent administration that isn't going to pose a civil risk to many minority groups not a 'right thing'?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    You realize that some states the electors are legally bound to pick who the state picked right?
    Not like the Electoral College is a remotely sane system to begin with, but I'm not counting on an electoral swing - preaching to the wrong person.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    It can be harrasment if the same people are writing, emailing and calling multiple times. It's any repeated, unwanted contact.
    It's too late to be judged like that. People are playing the "do the right thing" card, which makes death threats and encouraging people to commit felonies a good and just thing, now.

Except that's not what you said, and that's not what I'm contesting. Here, let me quote you again:

That's actually 100% false. The country as a whole is more blue than red (vote count, facts are fun!). You're second point should scare you more than you think.
    In this quote, you're saying the country is more blue than red, and you qualify that with a "100%" assertion, and you also qualify it as a fact based on vote count. But the real fact is, you CAN NOT make this assertion, unless you either have no understanding of statistics or if you're just plain lying. I'll leave it up to you to tell me which it is.

(Also one other thing I forgot to mention earlier, is republicans that voted for Hillary. And in that case, these aren't "blue" voters, rather they are people who didn't want Trump. The same applies for non-republicans such as independent voters who favored Hillary over Trump, but don't necessarily like either Hillary or Democrats.)
    Last edited by ArmoredDragoon; 2016-11-20 at 07:31 AM.

Deleted
    How ironic that people supporting a part called "Democrats" are actually anti-democratic.

And ofcourse, let's not forget how these people use violence and threats while advocating peace and love.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-11-20 at 05:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    How ironic that people supporting a part called "Democrats" are actually anti-democratic.
    By being against the electoral college, which is anti-democratic, they are being anti-democratic. Right.

Deleted
    By being against the electoral college, which is anti-democratic, they are being anti-democratic. Right.
    They werent against it when Obama won. Or when it looked like Hilary was going to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    So they contacted their representation.
    Besides the insults by some, what exactly is wrong with any of this?
    Well these people are pretty much just ceremonial at this point.

15+ Year Old Account
    I do find it funny how people using their first amendment right, free speech, to try and encourage electors to vote in a perfectly legal way is suddenly "Harassment". At least to the alt-right.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"