Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    So... this new Ooze card. Serious dropping of the ball here.

How about keep the cost and stats and alter the battlecry to be "Remove one durability from your opponent's weapon. If it is still equipped, take control of it"

Boom

You're welcome
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    So... this new Ooze card. Serious dropping of the ball here.

How about keep the cost and stats and alter the battlecry to be "Remove one durability from your opponent's weapon. If it is still equipped, take control of it"

Boom

You're welcome
    Too OP. Poisonous Swamp Ooze is similar to Bloodsail Corsair. Not really a card you put in the deck but can be an insta-pick from a discover mechanic if your opponent has a weapon up.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I gotta say...another boring expansion. The hand mechanic is "eh", and most cards are pretty much useless, aside from Arena.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Too OP. Poisonous Swamp Ooze is similar to Bloodsail Corsair. Not really a card you put in the deck but can be an insta-pick from a discover mechanic if your opponent has a weapon up.
    And as a neutral 3 drop, when will you ever Discover it outside of Scarab?

It's complete unplayable garbage in its current incarnation.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    All the priest cards revealed so far have been either good or insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychohamster View Post
    All the priest cards revealed so far have been either good or insane.
    Yep. I have a sinking feeling that I might just do instant concedes on Priests. They're simply too much.

So far I'm not excited for this expansion at all, it just seems boring. Most cards so far are either ''buff minions in your hand'' cards or existing cards that get scaled lower or higher (like the new warlock Infernal and Hellfire), and some legendaries for just reno decks. They also seem to push taunt warrior and aggro paladin which will probably never take off.

I'm looking forward to play priest with the new cards atleast, seems like they are finally getting as god as the other classes.

If Blizzard gave one of you guys a card to reveal, you'd break your NDA and show it to me before you were told to reveal it, right?

Wait, they only let dumb streamers/youtubers reveal cards? I wanna reveal one. On behalf of MMO-C. How do I contact them?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Wait, they only let dumb streamers/youtubers reveal cards?
    How are they dumb?

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yep. I have a sinking feeling that I might just do instant concedes on Priests. They're simply too much.
    I don't think Priest is going to get any tier 1 decks out of this expansion and once the rotation happens next year it will completely cripple Dragon Priest, the only half-decent priest deck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    I don't think Priest is going to get any tier 1 decks out of this expansion and once the rotation happens next year it will completely cripple Dragon Priest, the only half-decent priest deck.
    Not to mention the dragon priest is close to the most boring deck in the entire game. The whole focus on dragons shouldn't be that surprising though, considering that focusing on dragons is a quick fix for priests, without the need for bigger changes that the class desperately needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    Not to mention the dragon priest is close to the most boring deck in the entire game. The whole focus on dragons shouldn't be that surprising though, considering that focusing on dragons is a quick fix for priests, without the need for bigger changes that the class desperately needs.
    Agree with this.

Priest probably needs a different hero power entirely, but I dunno if that's on the table. The current hero power leads to long, brutal grinding wins which are dreadful to be on the receiving end of when it works, and there aren't really any cool Priest interactions with a large life total either like how Warrior cares about armor. It's just boring and not fun, which is probably part of the reason Priest has never had a tier 1 deck since release.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    Agree with this.

Priest probably needs a different hero power entirely, but I dunno if that's on the table. The current hero power leads to long, brutal grinding wins which are dreadful to be on the receiving end of when it works, and there aren't really any cool Priest interactions with a large life total either like how Warrior cares about armor. It's just boring and not fun, which is probably part of the reason Priest has never had a tier 1 deck since release.
    Nah, many decks could just burst you down from 24 hp easily from hand and in general the devs didn't want to add more power to the strongest Priest archtype because its frustrating to lose against. A tier 1 priest deck would be extremely bad for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    A tier 1 priest deck would be extremely bad for the game.
    Then priest needs a complete redesign. I'm not sure what the first part of your post means either, maybe you misunderstood me.

Deleted
    ... the devs didn't want to add more power to the strongest Priest archtype because its frustrating to lose against. A tier 1 priest deck would be extremely bad for the game.
    That well never seems to run dry. The only thing bad for this game are players who keep parroting nonsense, as if it was in anyway, shape or form, more frustrating to lose to almost any top tier deck, currently dominating the ladder.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    That well never seems to run dry. The only thing bad for this game are players who keep parroting nonsense, as if it was in anyway, shape or form, more frustrating to lose to almost any top tier deck, currently dominating the ladder.
    Not really.
    FoN Savage Roar druid was a tier 1 deck forever, but it was still an ok class to go against for most classes because they could of drawn badly/had a bad start/etc.
    Handlock was a tier 1 deck forever, but it was still an ok class to go against because there was play and counterplay(after leeroy,soulfire got nerfed+1 mana)
    Midrange Shaman IS a tier 1 deck, and its still OK to go against.

A tier 1 priest that plays from ahead would be cancer. Not only would many hero powers be simply negated, but you would lose with your own cards and threats. I was watching Kolento a month ago playing priest vs warrior and the warrior literally played nothing the entire game and just hero powered/removed Kolento's threats via exe/shield slam. It was the right play but a horrible game to experience.

Deleted
    FoN Savage Roar druid was a tier 1 deck forever, but it was still an ok class to go against for most classes because they could of drawn badly/had a bad start/etc.
    Every deck, ever is ok to go against when they draw badly.

Handlock was a tier 1 deck forever, but it was still an ok class to go against because there was play and counterplay(after leeroy,soulfire got nerfed+1 mana)
    Every deck, ever is ok to go against after they get nerfed.

Midrange Shaman IS a tier 1 deck, and its still OK to go against.
    For no reason at all it seems. However, plenty of people would disagree with you, and none of this addresses all the loads of other decks that were incredibly frustrating to play against; patron warrior, secret paladin, miracle rogue (in it's hayday), and the list goes on.

A tier 1 priest that plays from ahead would be cancer. Not only would many hero powers be simply negated, but you would lose with your own cards and threats.
    As opposed to mirror matches and rogues with similar abilities, or the myriad of other decks that were also labeled cancer by the great collective, and precisely how does a strong priest negate other hero powers?

I like dragon decks. I really like dragon paladin and dragon warrior more then dragon priest though. But, resurrect priest is really fun to play i think.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    That Druid Legendary looks alright in certain situations. Raven Idol style decks where you can get both options from a Pick One card would make the thing strong, but getting both that late is really hard to do.

Kazakus will probably see no play in any meta deck.

Wickerflame Burnbristle looks like a huge ass waste of a legendary card if you were going to craft it. A 3 cost 2/2 with DS and Taunt that can be removed easily isn't worth 1600 dust, I am sure of that.

The Murloc legendary just makes Murloc Paladin stronger, Dragonfire Potion might be a good removal for Dragon Priest, since Priests don't really have AoE removal that does that much damage.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2016-11-20 at 07:44 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    So I am thinking of a (wild?)OTK deck for priest.

First use Raza the Unchained and Auctionmaster Beardo the turn before and get 2 coins from a Burgly Bully(or have Executus/Shadow Word: Death reduced by Emperor). On the next turn (assuming Beardo is still alive) Summon Executus, Kill him with SW. Hero Power(1). Now cast Forbidden Shaping, Hero Power(2). Now Silence that 0 cost minion you just summoned, Hero Power(3). Now use Circle of Healing and Hero Power(4, 32 damage!). He should be dead by then if he had nothing on the board(unless they have some armor/mitigating effect.

Now this is very hard to get off, as you need all these cards to pull it off. You basically want to fill your deck filled with 0-1 spells, but because of Raza you can only have one of each. Though a Emperor could help you considerably by reducing 1 mana cost spells. Though you can also gain spells through Thoughtsteal, Shifting Shade and Grand Crusader.

You could also gain reduced cards from Shadowfiend too I guess.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose