Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I don't think every player should be a copy of every other player. It doesn't bother me that someone will get lucky and have higher dps for awhile.

I'm glad they are giving it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    And I suppose you are going to call me a liar because I wasn't complaining about it before I got one legendary.
    Players are making the problem, not blizzard.
    Legendaries are not something blizzard dictate as a requirement.
    It is players doing that.
    Of course. It's not fun not being able to compete with players of your owns skill though.

And besides, it's not Blizzard that picks who can come to raids, it's players.
    When a raid leader gets to pick one of two players, both just as good but one with much better gear, that raid leader is going to take the player with gear ever time.

With legendaries being as strong as they are it's very possible that a bad player gets picked over a good player just becuase he got lucky with the lottery. Is that fun? Not really.

The system is by far the worst idea Blizzard has ever had.

15+ Year Old Account
    One hundred times THIS. Every single time that Blizzard tries to come up with a new idea or something that is compelling to the more casual audience, raiders ruin it. And this is coming from someone who was a raider from 2007 to 2015. It boggles my mind that they don't even realize that it's only them who are complaining. Which side should Blizzard design for, honestly?

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Of course. It's not fun not being able to compete with players of your owns skill though.

And besides, it's not Blizzard that picks who can come to raids, it's players.
    When a raid leader gets to pick one of two players, both just as good but one with much better gear, that raid leader is going to take the player with gear ever time.

With legendaries being as strong as they are it's very possible that a bad player gets picked over a good player just becuase he got lucky with the lottery. Is that fun? Not really.

The system is by far the worst idea Blizzard has ever had.
    On this end, that is part of the culture and atmosphere you're part of. You can raise your complaints for certain, but if you're unhappy then get out of that situation. Remove yourself from the atmosphere of competitiveness.
    Last edited by Advent; 2016-11-20 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aarro View Post
    Tell me about it! I'm an Outlaw rogue....

You made me laugh, that was pretty good.

Legendary system is bad, it should be an experience to earn a legendary, not and rng system that forces progression focused players to log in every day just so they can stay competitive.

I have 881 ilvl with 1 legendary (caster boots), outside of warforging and mythic helya loot, there's nothing left for me in 7.1 except 2 meaningful legendaries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aarro View Post
    Tell me about it! I'm an Outlaw rogue....
    We have 3 rogues in our roster. The 1 rogue got feet i think. 35% increase bleed damage when targets are blow 30% ro something . Whatever. He is like '' bye bye '' to the other rogues at the end of every boss fight

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    What? No GTFO, Legendaries are slowly killing my guild and making my best raiders that didn't get lucky leave out of frustration. It causes drama and makes me BENCH great players due to LOW NUMBERS on Guarm, cause their luck was dumb.

How can you even defend this shit? You must be some casual that got BiS and for their first time in their life they are above a raider in something.
    I'm really not. But I do think Blizzard should ignore the people whining about this. Maybe you should examine what type of people are in your guild if something so trivial is killing it. The game should not be balanced exclusively around the needs of those going for world kills. I've been there and I know it seems important when you're doing it, but it's really not. Its a very small number of people, and if you are in an environment where not getting an item is affecting people then I'd say that's a symptom of the people and the environment you've created, not the game.

However if Blizzard cater to you and your small group of like-minded people, it makes the game boring for all players.

For clarity, I got the shield necklace first, then I got a good one for my class. I am as competitive as anyone but I don't believe my ability to be competitive should dictate how the entire game works for everyone. I appreciate all the raiders are lobbying for their own interests, but I want to stand up and say I love the system as is. And every time I open a chest I do so in real anticipation, and I want to keep doing dungeons. In a perfect world, epics would be almost as rare and most people would be packing blues, but we are where we are.

And I suppose you are going to call me a liar because I wasn't complaining about it before I got one legendary.
    It doesn't matter in the slightest what blizzard says. Them saying it's not required is complete bullshit and they clearly don't play the game they are making. That is such a stupid assumption 10% DPS is a major advantage over other players at the same gear level, I don't understand how people can think that is not a requirement to be someone who is relatively in the high ends of raiding. Blizzard has said many things don't matter when they actually do, its the problem, they are disconnected with the concept of fun this expac.

Abhorrent system. Hope they don't move forward with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    One hundred times THIS. Every single time that Blizzard tries to come up with a new idea or something that is compelling to the more casual audience, raiders ruin it. And this is coming from someone who was a raider from 2007 to 2015. It boggles my mind that they don't even realize that it's only them who are complaining. Which side should Blizzard design for, honestly?

On this end, that is part of the culture and atmosphere you're part of. You can raise your complaints for certain, but if you're unhappy then get out of that situation. Remove yourself from the atmosphere of competitiveness.
    You are joking right?
    So he cant be competitive cause the luck of the draw didn't chose him to get 2 bis legendary's and therefor he should remove him self from it?
    Boggles my mind what kind of cognitive brain functions are going in your head, how can you even suggest something like this.

Do you not realize how stupid it sounds?

10+ Year Old Account
    I too love the Legendary system. I'm not a casual in anything but the time I can play. The devs wanted to reinstitute RNG drops back in the game like Classic and TBC had in World Drop BiS. The truth of the matter is it is Raiders (read; Ragers) do whine incessantly about anything they can't control. Ragers have this "The entire game should be designed around us!" entitlement. The real problem is Blizzard empowers these people by caving to them which reinforces the reason for them to cry as loud and angrily as possible (see; Flying in Draenor). Welcome to an MMO, boys, where you can't control everything. This isn't a competitive game anymore. That part of WoW died with the Lich King. If you want competitive, go play CSGO, LoL, or SC2. Let it go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post

Nothimg about the legendary system is compelling to the casual player. Put the gear on a vendor.for a currency acquired in all avenues of content and ignore the hardcore whine. Thats casual. The artifact system. The slow grind to more powerm that is the most insanely casual friendly thing in this game.

It would be better if you could set your playstyle drop "spec". So you could only get legendaries in a subset.. like raiding, pvp, mythic+, world quests, or just disable and have all available. That way raiders wouldnt get salty they didnt get useless legendaries for raiding.

Deleted
    When the system was first announced, Blizzard said there would be a targetting system so this situation couldn't happen (getting all the utter crap ones first).

So people didn't whine.

Then they removed this system on the sly.

That is the issue.

The problem is not random legendaries. The problem is the discrepancy between random legendaries.

Atleast for a competitive player the discrepancy between legendaries creates a huge problem. For pvp and non-competitive players this isn't much of an issue because their own performance is either unaffected (pvp) or doesn't play as big of a role in their enjoyment of the game.

Competitive, not in the sense that they are a hardcore raider, but simply competitive in the sense that they want to compete with other players, be it for top damage either with friends, guild mates or even world wide via rankings on WCL.
    For those players the discrepancy between legendaries creates a huge problem. Its not even about getting the very best legendary here, it is about getting a legendary which increases their performance by a significant amount.

For those players a shiny orange color on the items name isn't gonna make them jump out of joy. They will either feel ecstatic if that shiny orange thing will provide them with bigger even more shiny numbers and feel the bitter taste of disappointment if it does nothing for their performance and enjoyment of the game at all.

Getting a legendary can feel like winning the lottery, but in this case you might get told that the jackpot this time around was only 5 bucks and that you really shouldn't go wild with all that money or else you won't have nothing left over very quickly.

Lets just take your comparison with getting Thunderfury or Sulfuras. I would say if a fire mage gets their bracers the feeling might be very similar, maybe not as much because those legendary weapons look amazing and you can stare at them for hours without getting bored after working tog et them for motnhs, but thats not the point.
    But if that fire mage now gets Prydaz instead, its comparably to getting both shackles of the windseeker, turn in the quest and instead of getting thunderfury, you get the legendary necklace of glory featuring an extra 5 spirit,s you can regenerate your health/mana more quickly when doing stuff out in the world.

I don't think I have to tell you that nobody would remain ecstatic or even happy about gettign their amazing legendary anymore. Especially not if you already have better necklace, sicne spirirt is irrelevant to you, leaving it to rot in your bags.

If everybody got a legendary increasing their throughput. Being it tailored for AoE, ST or a specific playstyle there wouldn't be as many complaints as there are now, but there are legendaries out there doing essentially nothing for you, or are so horribly undertuned that you won't ever notice them doing something for you.

ANd besides personal enjoyment it can ahve repercussiosn for your raiding experience or your raid team, too.
    Imagine your guild has 3 mages, your guild is social but also competitive. One mage gets the bis legendary, destroying bosses meters left and right, one gets a decent but not as good legendary, doing just fine and one gets the legendary necklace of glory doing absolutely nothing for his performance. All 3 mages perform very close and like to compete with each other, race for top dps and strife to get better and better. Now there is a rift between those 3, and that only because of the significance of their legendaries, they don't even need tot ry to compete anymore, the outcome is predetermined. And now during progression comes the time then the raid only has slots for 2 mages. Before they could discuss which mage would pass for this boss and maybe that one is in for the next boss and so on. Now it isn't even a question anymore, since there is now an artificial rift between the performanc eof those 3 players.
    And thats the point where that feeling of disappointment will hit the whole raid team. As I said this guild is also social, they all like each toher, like to play with each other and want to give equal chances to everyone. But now they can't do that. If they progress on a difficult boss, they can't just take the player they want to take, but the player more blessed by rng. As a social guild this will anger all player,s since they feel forced to exclude a good friend of theirs from certain progression encounters, since taking him in would make the life of the whole raid harder and all they can do is hope that this player will have more luck next time.

You can't compare this scenario to classic legendaries, where you could decide as a raid or guild which player gets it, knew what you would get and could effectively work towards getting more of the same to the other players, while this time around it is completely out of control which players gets stuff, and if its is good or borderline buseless.
    And there is no way to disregard this problem without disregarding competitively oriented play, which is what the endgame of WoW is all about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    When the system was first announced, Blizzard said there would be a targetting system so this situation couldn't happen (getting all the utter crap ones first).

So people didn't whine.

Then they removed this system on the sly.

That is the issue.
    Tell me about how you could control BiS World Drops in Classic or TBC. *Willy Wonka meme*

What people are complaining about is ultimately RNG, which is absolutely silly. If Raiders could have it their way, there would be ZERO RNG whatsoever in this game, taking away any chance they wouldn't get the things they want, stripping the game of the little flavor and diversity it has left. It's entitlement pure and simple.

EDIT: For everyone complaining about how it hurts "competitive Raiders" - get real! Competitive PVE is dead! Tell me what guild/team sponsors there are for any group of people outside Method. Even people like Asmongold say competitive PvE is dead. Who cares about competing for realm first these days? Seriously. Game is 12 years old with cookie cutter builds, rotations and add-ons that do all your thinking for you. I enjoy WoW too, but take off the rose-tinted glass and enjoy the content for heavens sake and stop ruining the community and experience for the rest of us.
    Last edited by The Iron Fist; 2016-11-20 at 04:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    Tell me about how you could control BiS World Drops in Classic or TBC. *Willy Wonka meme*

What people are complaining about is ultimately RNG, which is absolutely silly. If Raiders could have it their way, there would be ZERO RNG whatsoever in this game, taking away any chance they wouldn't get the things they want, stripping the game of the little flavor and diversity it has left. It's entitlement pure and simple.
    The game is not TBC, it ended 8 years ago. The RNG can make you a god mentality died with it. Until Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    The game is not TBC, it ended 8 years ago. The RNG can make you a god mentality died with it. Until Legion.
    ... and that's part of why Legion is the best expansion since TBC.

Deleted
    Just saying, I loved getting Sephuz's Secret as a guardian druid. I loved having next to nothing to proc it. I'm going to love fighting over interrupts with dps that also have it.

The current system is bad. The problem is that some legendaries are SO GOOD and others are SO BAD. Secret being one of the bad ones. One of the main solutions is to further narrow the band of what specs can get what. Why would a guardian want Sephuz's secret? For that matter why would anyone want it?

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    It is probably because you are casual player in this game. Every competitive and actually great players in this game are mad when some shit noob get BiS feet for rogue whilst a good one get PVP ring or some shit. Why is there even PVP rewards from PVE content? Should be locked for when you do PVP related stuff etc.
    Actually overall competetive players should be happy with the current system. The more they play the better chance they'll get a good legendary and thus an advantage over players that play less. Sure some people will be unlucky. But overall, in a guild that plays alot, they will get better legendaries than a casual guild that plays less.