Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Getting a legendary that way took some time but at the end you would have a legendary that you are going to use and that will help your DPS, HPS or to help you survive. Doing 100s of dungeons and quest and then getting legendary that you wont use doesnt feel like a reward.
    Well I do hope that they balance the bad legendaries so that it doesn't feel unrewarding getting one

legendary items were exciting when it was truly rare. these days in legion i honestly wouldnt get too excited if i got one. i mean it would be cool, but almost everyone else now have it so its whatever.

ps wow is never going to be the same, its time for us veterans to move on. new players love it the way it is. its whatever.

Ah, so thinly veiled whining about epics not being epic anymore, because OP is yet another nostalgia driven genius that can't comprehend epics vastly varying in power and bases their in-game self esteem on nothing but the color of their gear (to the point of wetting themselves if the color is nice). And claims that true sense of legendary is RNG even though it makes no sense whatsoever, be it linguistic or otherwise. Yeah, amazing basis for game design you got there OP. Blizzard should totally listen to you and you alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Evaida View Post
    Do you want this game to be a boring predictable grind?
    Yes please. The game should grant fun. Obtaining prydaz in a week after obtaining sephuz is as anti-fun as it is humanly possible. Never gaining Midnight while random noobs who never even killed last boss in Kara get it from first Moroes kill is anti-fun.

I am perfectly OK if the game has RNG content for those who want las-vegas in their life, but I'd love to have predictable, guaranteed rewards to work towards as well. Currently, we have none, while all the possible content is turned into a las-vegas slot machine.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    ... and that's part of why Legion is the best expansion since TBC.
    It's not even the slightest reason why. The best thing about Legion is the thing that's also furthest removed from the basic philosophy behind rng. It's like they dont' even play their own game. HEY GUYS RNG IS FUN. HERES AN ARTIFACT WEAPON TO KEEP WITH YOU ALL EXPANSION THAT IS ALL GRIND AND ALL DETERMINISTIC. NO RNG AT ALL!!!! but currency sucks guys trust us you'd hate it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Legendaries have made the game all about rolling the dice but winning one roll can make you vastly superior to someone who may otherwise have the same gear as you. I don't know why they thought a Diablo style legendary system was a good idea in WoW.

I miss when WoW had some RNG mixed with some guarantees. I could grind a boss for a few weeks and not see a piece of gear I need but I could just go use the valor I got to go buy a piece for that slot, its felt good to make progress not completely dependent on the rng gods.

Nowadays it seems we have the CSGO audience who love opening crates to see what they win. It's this new type of player that is ruining WoW.
    Even winning the roll can be terrible, if you get a useless Legendary the system counts you as a winner and your chance get lower to get a second one.

The legendary system is by far the worst thing in this expansion, which is pretty great overall.
    If you are, even in the slightest, a competitive player, it is just pure frustration. It's frustrating not to get one at all. It's frustrating to only posses one by now where you could have two equipped. It is frustrating to just be on paar or even lower DPS wise with ppl who re not trying or even able to play their class optimal. It is most frustrating to get the wrong legendary. And if you get the two best ones, it is nothing more but a relief. A relief in the sense that you finally don't have to smash your head against the keayboard anymore about all the shitty cases that I mentioned before.

That's my personal experience with this fuck fest of a system.
    FYI: I played allmost every day since launch. Didn't miss a single emmisary chest. Raiding "semi-hardcore" in 2-3 days a week.

Ahh, an utterly pointless "whining about whiners" thread, where the OP actually has no clue what he's talking about, or why he's even here.

I love the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Yes please. The game should grant fun. Obtaining prydaz in a week after obtaining sephuz is as anti-fun as it is humanly possible. Never gaining Midnight while random noobs who never even killed last boss in Kara get it from first Moroes kill is anti-fun.

I am perfectly OK if the game has RNG content for those who want las-vegas in their life, but I'd love to have predictable, guaranteed rewards to work towards as well. Currently, we have none, while all the possible content is turned into a las-vegas slot machine.
    Grinding ain't fun to most. Hell i got Midnight on my first kill of Attunmen (Not Moroes) and i havn't killed the last boss or even done Kara more than once. I'm not exactly a bad player either, just a casual raider. Truth is who decides what is good enough dedication? Technically i should get every reward possible since i've been playing for 11 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    My Mythic progression guild is about to drop me for another mage because he has 2 DPS legendaries, one of them being BIS, and meenwhile I'm sitting here with two shit utility legendaries. Feels bad. I used to be top DPS in the guild but then 7.1 hit and everybody got lucky with legendaries that increase performance, now I'm slowly dropping to the bottom of the meters.

Blizzard should do RNG^999 make everything RNG. Your skills are RNG, your talents are RNG so each time you enter a raid/dungeon you get a new set of talent set by RNG and you can't change it unless you leave the group. Each time you log and and out your talents will change too and the only want to reset it is to log off, same with PVP, while they are at it the system will randomly a spec for you while you are in a dungeon/raid and the loot set will be RNG as well.

It will be such a wonderful system it will sure bring more subs back on!

Is that what you took from it? I was asking Blizzard to stand up to these people. I was making a positive case for the other side of the argument. Just because you disagree with my view doesn't make it a whine by default.

My first legendary was the worst one. I still loved it.

And as to my "casual" player status... no. I play in one of the best PVP guilds in Europe, and have numerous top 10 world kills on my CV.
    You can claim you're part of "one of the best guilds in europe" but without proof no one is going to buy into that bullshit. Also just because you're in a guild doesn't mean you're taken to raids either. So ya...

Legendaries are crap this expansion. There's nothing special about them and when you get the same garbage Prydaz or Sephuz on the your 4th toon as all of their first and only legendary there's no excitement, only depression and anger. The system should have never went live like this, they should have followed through with what they advertised at gamescom and blizzcon, where you could pick and hunt for a specific legendary. Especially when it comes to down to certain ones being just complete shit, even after the "buffs" everyone is still thinking and saying "oh boy my Prydaz is now 30% absorb, thanks for the tanking legendary that only tanks really want".

Quote Originally Posted by Pipboi View Post
    My Mythic progression guild is about to drop me for another mage because he has 2 DPS legendaries, one of them being BIS, and meenwhile I'm sitting here with two shit utility legendaries. Feels bad. I used to be top DPS in the guild but then 7.1 hit and everybody got lucky with legendaries that increase performance, now I'm slowly dropping to the bottom of the meters.
    I see the same thing in my guild. I watched a Dps in the middle of the pack Dps wise shoot up to the top of the meters because they got 1 legendary BIS. Meanwhile heres another same class and spec in the best gems and enchants, eating the best food, popin both Pots and still can't keep up to that player who has crummy gems and enchants and isn't even bothering to pop 1 pot..

If your the guy with the 2 BIS legendarys then its a great system, if your the guy chasing someone 2 BIS then your suffering big time. Meanwhile here's Blizzard tuning fights and classes with the notion you already have both BIS legendarys.

You didn't understand my point.
    I seemingly skimmed too fast over your shitpost. Not that I missed anything valuable as even the thousandth time some pleb states random equals fun it doesn't become true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    That is pure bullshit. The game has not been about RNG and only RNG before
    There has always been rng the insinuation the amount and impact was in some way comparable to where it's now is just pathetic though.

Deleted
    New legendary system is fine if you are active player, sure it can suck if you get few bad legendary's, but you already have 4. Highly likely you have 2 decent ones. This is generally achieved by running 300 to 400 m+ runs and raiding. You know, being active player. But I'm not blind, this is extremely frustrating system for those that do not play so much. But think it this way, never ever legendary has dropped for everyone so easily, unless you raided in wod, but other than that. It was always just 1 to 2 guys when expansion was ending, and you had cleared all the raids too, basically rendering it useless. This kinda proves 2 things. 1. casuals want power equal to those that play a lot, without putting that much effort in the game 2. People are never satisfied.

Personally this is a good system, I think. Because it reminds me of times that things used to be hard, and they should bring that back. Screw the sub numbers, game was never more respected than when things were hard. One can only hope.

I think people wouldn't mind the system if they made all the legendaries useful.

a bit of rng is fine, but getting completely demotivated because you get 2 shit legendaries knowing you may not get anything decent at all no matter your dedication. That just doesn't fit an mmo at all. I don't know how it is possible to deny that this is like the worst design decision you can make in a game like wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    Who cares when you're one of those unlucky.

Did a survey of my guild recently.

1 Person has Double BiS
    22 People Have 1 BiS.
    3 People Don't have any significant DPS increase

Those 3 still feel shitty regardless of the other 23.
    I got shitty legendaries with no dps increase apart from ilvl aswell. But I know if I stick to it and play alot of m+ etc the luck will even out before Nighthold. It's still early in the expansion, I don't think there's any reason to quit or whine about legendaries that will eventually drop for everyone. Plus for hardcore raiding getting the paragon trait benefits alot more than any bonus effect on legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    I got shitty legendaries with no dps increase apart from ilvl aswell. But I know if I stick to it and play alot of m+ etc the luck will even out before Nighthold. It's still early in the expansion, I don't think there's any reason to quit or whine about legendaries that will eventually drop for everyone. Plus for hardcore raiding getting the paragon trait benefits alot more than any bonus effect on legendaries.
    We are not "early in ", we are mid-progression. The dice will be cast come Christmas, afterwards the old content will be phased out in favor of NH. The legendary system is shit.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    Assuming you're talking about point 35 (5% damage), there are plenty of legendaries that are better DPS jumps than Point 35 is.