Page 41 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    It is in the guide. You basically go Maul, Thrash, Mangle, Maul, MF if you have a GG proc, Cat, dump energy, repeat. Just try to keep up all the dots and be happy to see your ST damage go up.

On the matter of threat, do we have abilities that have a bigger threat modifier than others?

Playing my Alt Bear. Thinking of going to make it my main again. Right now I main a Prot War.

Looking for stat priority for Bears for M+'s and heroic/mythic raiding.

Here's armory for my Bear as of now. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...llady/advanced

Deleted
    Stat prio is in the OP: Armor>>>>> Versa>Mastery>>> Rest
    For more damage: Agility>Versa>=Crit>Haste>>Mastery (depends on your gear quite a bit).

I know they said they'd make some stuff baked into the class (talent wise) if Blizzcon was right, what do you think they'd do with Guardian?

Deleted
    I think we have less "must pick" talents than other classes. I would like to have guttural roar baseline, but other than that...

if youre serious about bear performance, right now galactic guardian is a must pick in every situation except if you REALLY need a burst cd (which doesnt exist yet).

I'd argue feral affinity is league aboves the two others. Boomkin affinity is worthless for damage and resto affinity's healing is insigificant + the healing you can do is worth nothing because your mana pool/mana costs don't get adjusted and your spells heals as much as they do without the affinity. You literally cast 5 rejuvs and run oom and barely do a dent in the heal meters... as if they never planned people to heal with resto affinity.

Deleted
    Oh... right... there is GG. Proofs the point, didn't even remember it was a talent. GG baseline or a massive buff to Incarnation so that it would feel like there actually is a reason to take that in some situation.

I run all the affinities on different fights in EN, Balance on dragons for increased range on taunt, Resto on Cenarius, because move speed doesn't help when I stand in a corner and do nothing for 4 minutes and Feral on the rest. Feral is by far the best but the passives of the others have their niche in some places. Damage of Balance could use some love though.

I take Incarnation on Nightbane and in some Skittish groups, that's about it. I'm guessing it will become slightly better because of the Earth Warden change, but I doubt it'll be better than the alternative.

How's Guardian Druid nowadays, and how's it looking in 7.1.5? We currently have alot of Warriors (I'm War tank) and guild offered me to go Guardian Druid. Currently thinking about it.
    Last edited by Tyze; 2016-11-22 at 01:27 PM.

I highly doubt earthwarden will ever be useful except for tanking exactly three ultra slow but hard hitting targets. Usually you take incarnation for quickly aoeing down tons of weaker targets, so earth warden has little value when reducing only 3 of many, many yet weak auto attacks. Also missing out on incarnations synergy with GoE then.

Deleted
    Guardian is really strong and I would expect a slight hit to our damage in 7.1.5, but we don't know much so far. I think the only thing I have seen datamined, is that they want to change the talent Earth Warden (which nobody used) to make it more appealing.

Edit: The new Earth Warden could work really well on a boss like Beastmaster, were you tank the boss and your buddy picks up the adds. You use Incarn for Burst cleave on the add spawn and you generate a lot of stacks to reduce the bosses hits.
    Last edited by mmoc41520863c8; 2016-11-22 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    if youre serious about bear performance, right now galactic guardian is a must pick in every situation except if you REALLY need a burst cd (which doesnt exist yet).

I'd argue feral affinity is league aboves the two others. Boomkin affinity is worthless for damage and resto affinity's healing is insigificant + the healing you can do is worth nothing because your mana pool/mana costs don't get adjusted and your spells heals as much as they do without the affinity. You literally cast 5 rejuvs and run oom and barely do a dent in the heal meters... as if they never planned people to heal with resto affinity.
    I really don't like playing without the extra range from balance affinity. I've gotten too used to it.

I agree the range is nice, but youre missing on potentially 30% more dps. Faster movement speed can make up for the smaller range too while helping you getting out of mechanics.

Deleted
    The option to cat weave is just really strong on any fight it works. Would be nice if moonkin was an option for single target damage as well.

I'm only doing mythic+ so can't really catweave. I tend to forget there's a lot of people still raiding mythic out there

yea m+ balance aff is king for sure.

Yea, I think the affinities are much more balanced when you consider M+ vs raiding vs PvP. Catweaving is awesome for raiding, but almost impossible to get any use out of in M+. Balance is awesome for M+ especially when kiting for something like Necrotic, and Resto is actually quite nice in M+ as well when you don't need to kite. My Swiftmend alone heals 600-800k, which is really nice to throw even between pulls to let the healer drink, or on fights where there is downtime or massive healing required, like the AoE on CoS last boss or the submerge phase in Maw Helya. And not that anyone should PvP as Bear, but resto is top tier PvP affinity.

Galactic Guardian is the real one I would love to see baked in, if only because I am worried they will buff the other options and GG makes the rotation SO much better. Without that proc to watch out for the rotation gets infinitely more stale, and having two sources of rage gen feels really nice. I would love them to bake in GG, replace it with something random, then let me choose Incarn occasionally without murdering my entire rotation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    I really don't like playing without the extra range from balance affinity. I've gotten too used to it.
    Try it with Eko's.

Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    What makes you think there is no threat on guardian moonfire? I see this claim pretty often and I would really like to know how people came to this conclusion.
    Coming late to this, but my anecdotal evidence is out in the world, I'm using moonfire all the time to get mobs to come to me, and I've literally had it not be able to pull a mob that was chasing a mounted player who never touched the mob. The first DoT tick seems to create some amount of threat, because at that point they'll usually stop to chase me, but if I sit there spamming MF, it takes a while.