Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Why is 7.1.5 Referred to as the "Death Patch"?

I've heard people like Preach and some forum posters call 7.1.5 the "Death" patch. Why is this? I haven't seen any changes to the game coming with 7.1.5 as "Death" worthy. The class changes don't seem that bad from my perpective as a warlock. Can someone explain to me what this term means? The game feels far from death imo. Legion is awesome!

Because they are destroying alot of specs, two that comes to mind are Fire Mage and MM Hunter

My DeviantART: http://hypzone.deviantart.com/ | Requests: Closed

People are unhappy with class changes

10+ Year Old Account
    Preach is salty I believe about a few of the mage changes. It seems at present on the PTR there is a lot of class revamp thats not tuned fully yet. People will claim the sky is falling even though the patch version isn't release set yet.

well, each and every patch can only be one of two things:

1: the best thing ever!!!
    2: the death of WoW

blizz has yet to do any of the announced number tuning that is supposed to follow the mechanical changes.
    so right now on PTR quite a few classes cannot perform well the way they are played on live due to new/changed mechanics.

the devs said only after they are comfortable with the mechanical aspect of the changes will they start adjusting numbers.
    As long as these numbers are not fixed, the affected classes will look like shit, and obviously, the affectewd players will gibe negative feedback about it.

you can see it as this: someone is building a swing for his kids in the garden, and 10 minutes after he started, someone else comes around and says: "that swing does not work, it's shit".

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    I've heard people like Preach and some forum posters call 7.1.5 the "Death" patch. Why is this? I haven't seen any changes to the game coming with 7.1.5 as "Death" worthy. The class changes don't seem that bad from my perpective as a warlock. Can someone explain to me what this term means? The game feels far from death imo. Legion is awesome!
    Whiners are angsty. Angsty people like their safe space. Safe space is somewhere, where everything stays like they know and how they come to like it.

Now stuff changes --> safe space lost --> angsty people get triggered --> whine occurs --> deathpatch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

if the changes made it to PTR, consider them 90% implemented ..
    they will maibe fine tune them slightly, but the bulk will remain as it is now on PTR
    if you are one of those looking for proof or confirmation .. go back in time and check most of the PTR builds .. nothing major was changed, not even fixed after live release

for example ..if they say sidewinder will not apply vulnerable anymore .. u can be pretty sure they won't tune anything about it
    same with mages .. says 1 flame on + 1 fire blast .. that's final
    maibe they keep playing with % of rop/combustion/leg wrist .. but that is nothing compared to the damage they are doing by already modifying core functionality

don't get us wrong .. we are not complaining about a 5-10% adjustment .. we are outraged about spells being entirely removed, halved, etc
    this is seriously impacting current gameplay and overall performance

Blizzard's way of PTR testing is usually that they begin with nerfing hard and then adjust the numbers over time. The initial change causes many people to panic.

Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    well, each and every patch can only be one of two things:

1: the best thing ever!!!
    2: the death of WoW

blizz has yet to do any of the announced number tuning that is supposed to follow the mechanical changes.
    so right now on PTR quite a few classes cannot perform well the way they are played on live due to new/changed mechanics.

the devs said only after they are comfortable with the mechanical aspect of the changes will they start adjusting numbers.
    As long as these numbers are not fixed, the affected classes will look like shit, and obviously, the affectewd players will gibe negative feedback about it.

you can see it as this: someone is building a swing for his kids in the garden, and 10 minutes after he started, someone else comes around and says: "that swing does not work, it's shit".

no it's like this is a swing lets take a jackhammer and break it... while the kid is in the swing and after 10 min the kid says the swing broke but it's alright we will work it out later...
    Last edited by Cavarly; 2016-11-24 at 03:46 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    As a frost DK i welcome the new patch
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

I think it has to do with that Blizzard has said that they wouldn't mess with classbalance & revamping beacuse of time put into artifact and so on. We already knew offspec was dead when Legion launched due to how artifact power works and with this patch they are "killing" some specs forcing those users to switch specs with not so much artifact power invested. Pretty annoying move from blizzard, lucky I don't play fire mage xD

Also forgot that they need to farm new legendaries for their new spec.
    Last edited by actiwe; 2016-11-24 at 03:48 PM.

because in order to keep his fresh media empire runinng he needs as much publicity as he can and easiest way for free pr is make uproar on forums.

nothing but buisness here for him and other streamers/youtubers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumba View Post
    Blizzard's way of PTR testing is usually that they begin with nerfing hard and then adjust the numbers over time. The initial change causes many people to panic.
    Yeah what are we whining about? Blizzard has always been spot on, on the ball, with perfectly tuned classes.
    Especially now when it is needed since people are spec-locked because of the artifact and relics.

Oh wait...

Why did I ever switch from frost to fire?? It was perfectly tuned!!!!
    Last edited by mmoc7f082fdd70; 2016-11-24 at 03:53 PM.

Because of all the FOTM players, the people who realized there were far too many melee DPS and the fact you could easily get a raid spot as an overpowered ranged DPS like a SP or a ridiculously strong Fire mage, who flocked to these specs being a little bit butthurt.

I mean, for people saying that it's just PTR or that they're not guaranteed changes...apparently you don't know Blizzard very well if you think this dev team is going to not put these changes through at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically, it's a few really grouchy YouTubers coupled with MMO-Champion being MMO-Champion. Sky is falling, this thing I personally dislike is going to kill the game, etc.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    Whiners are angsty. Angsty people like their safe space. Safe space is somewhere, where everything stays like they know and how they come to like it.

Now stuff changes --> safe space lost --> angsty people get triggered --> whine occurs --> deathpatch.
    Because completely changing a spec is okay. Marksman loses all of its AoE, therefore its only niche in current content. Leaving Hunters with 2 shit ST specs and 1 good stacked AoE spec

Has blizzard ever fully explained why they change rotations and talents and all this shit every few months? At this point after all these years it's tiring. I want to play WoW, I don't get these sweeping changes all the time. Do they think change for change's sake is good for business or something? Why change every spec's rotation every few months when you can just tweak numbers? Why not just make a new damn game and let us play WoW? Every time shit like this happens I end up not play for a while just out of annoyance, if I wanted to play a different game, I'd play a different fucking game.

Basically they ruined alot of classes in 7.0 and are ruining it even further in 7.1.5

Deleted
    They looked at the most played classes (hunter/mage) and said: hey let's ruin the game for them, seems good.

Balancing overpowered speccs isn't destroying them.