Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Trump largely has just said what people want to hear. He appeals to people angry and disenfranchised by culture change. Those people who hooted and hollered when Trump mocked a person with disability in pantomime are not the sort of people to concerned with the whether or not Trump actually likes the electoral college. Those people just wanted to give the proverbial 'middle finger' to a culture that was telling them their jokes were insensitive, their opinions racist, et cetera.

Really. You really think Americans in Dakota without a college education living in small towns are fussing about Trump's waffling on fence vs. wall? It was just a sound bite that made it seem Trump was really sticking it to those liberals and pansy bureaucrats. http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...-got-his-edge/

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    What you claim, and what actually...isn't happening appear differently.

Especially in light of the fact that tens of thousands of people in China die every year due to being overworked.
    Seriously, all you have to do is spend one second on google instead of making weird comments like that. People being overworked has no correlation with the rise of automation. This is literally the first thing that comes up. And its only the most high profile of many cases. http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-36376966

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    D but i just wanted liberal tears because i dont care who is president
    Considering, on average, a liberal (not a democrat but just liberal) is wealthier than your average conservative, their tears taste like pecan pie. Remarkable thing, money. Tell us more about your joy and sorrow in 6 months

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Trump largely has just said what people want to hear. He appeals to people angry and disenfranchised by culture change. Those people who hooted and hollered when Trump mocked a person with disability in pantomime are not the sort of people to concerned with the whether or not Trump actually likes the electoral college. Those people just wanted to give the proverbial 'middle finger' to a culture that was telling them their jokes were insensitive, their opinions racist, et cetera.
    And yet same people showed their outrage over Pence getting booed in NYC. I heard choice words like "respect" and "civility'.

You are mistaken. These people are glorified as..holes with skin thinner than Donald Trump They can throw insults but throw one back at them..Problem with "victory" is that now they are at the receiving end of this so called non-PC culture. Yes, Fatard is a a word

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    D but i just wanted liberal tears because i dont care who is president
    I guess the old adage is true then: Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    There was a ton of information he wasn't privy to as a candidate that he knows as President Elect. You have to remember that he isn't a politician, this is the first time he has held any office.
    Yes, and therefore he either held the same view as most non-political people before: All politicians are lazy and corrupt money-grubbing sloths who don't know and do anything, least of all for country and people, or he knew it's just a farce. If he'd been a blue collar person it would be more believable but he most likely dined and golfed a lot with some of the political elites before and I am sure a lot talk wasn't just regular banter.

Also, I did say that were things he said just to win the election and probably didn't have much a mind to really do (such as prosecute hillary). Take all that as you will, but I do believe he would not have won the election without going "all in," there was really no other way to beat her well established machine.
    Therein lies the issue, he's been part of the establishment before, he ranted against a specific part of the establishment and I am sure he won't touch it with a ten feet pole after he's sworn in office. He will make a few token gestures which may allude some "serious swamp-draining" but, really, it's more of trimming of shrubs.

Not only that, but all politicians do things like this. Go back and look at all the things Obama promised in his first campaign. He was originally even against gay marriage. He then realized his mistake and changed his view. When people said he "flip flopped," he said "no, my position is evolving..... and (guess what?) his supporters seemed to be fine with it.......
    It's interesting when people suddenly talk of Trump as politician as some sort of excuse. It shouldn't be, similarly to a soldier a politician is a confined individual no matter what people think. A lot people think being a politician is about keeping promises and making great things happen, and he built on that during that campaign. As a businessman you always know that every deal needs to be brokered which can sometimes mean a bit of backtracking. That's no different in politics which means he was certainly aware of it. Everyone who doesn't approach politics with the usual "corrupt elites in <insert name of your capitol>" knows that politics is about keeping up an agenda while looking for the next best solution and adapting to situations in most flexible manner (as far as your agenda permits it), been that way since end of the Thirty Years War. There's even a few famous Bismarck quotes about it. Trump can't and most likely won't play the innocent and say "I didn't know how politics worked" because he most certainly did, he just managed to convince people that he will be "a totally different kind of politician", some kind of politician-by-name only. I tell you that he won't, he may get a few issues solved as promised but on most issues he will have to "flip-flop", he will have to make amends with the establishment and most likely become a vital part of it anyway, and he may have to soften and drop a lot hard-line and tough-as-nails issues he campaigned with. Nothing is eaten as hot as it was cooked.

The biggest issue will be his voters, some will go along with whatever he does as part of a stalin-like personal cult, some others already knew but honestly only wanted him over other candidates, others will be severely disappointed. Those being as disappointed as them might get radicalized further.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    Read this now:

They don't care. This was nothing more than white-lash. Trump's policy? Like most of them even know his middle name. Don't be delusional. Trump can get caught selling national secrets to North Korea and they are still going to vote for him.
    It's "Jay", right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    I'm not a Trumpster, but the politico list you attached is dishonest at best and a raging piece of liberal shit-prop at worst.
    They are actual quotes, meaning he really said those things, verbatim.

If facts and reality are "liberal shit-prop", then I'm all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Torais View Post
    I think I'll actually wait till he has taken office to actually judge him on his political actions.

Crazy idea, I know.
    Why? His political choices are already occurring. He's making decisions now that matter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    Yeah, they all just waved in synchronous with their right hand
    Come on man, you're reaching. You mean that Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton, together with thousands of supporters at election rallies, are part of a secret neo-nazi cult, as opposed to the openly fascist white-supremacist alt-right movement shouting "Heil Trump"?

Stop reaching, it's ridiculous and beyond childish.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    I was just poking fun at the resemblance. And the "concert sieg hail" is way more random than the Obama crowd doing the wave. But it could easily have been Obama asking people to raise their hands. The angle is kinda awkward but it's whatever.
    No you were not. You were denying the claims that the white-supremacist neo-nazi group shouting "Heil Trump" on tape were actually doing just that by claiming Sanders/Hillary did the same, and thus the former were also just waving towards the center stage.

It's a shame only a few people call shitposters like you out on your antics. You should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    We all, alt-rights, right wingers, republicans, progressives, left wingers, democrats but also people from other countries should not judge people by their words but by their actions. Talk is cheap, talk is easy, talk is meaningless without actions.

Right now Trump hasn't done anything as a president. He talked and announced, but nothing is set in stone. So we just have to wait and see what he will DO next year.

Based on what he DOES we should judge him.
    That's not how politics works since people get elected based on words, on talk and not on actions. Talk is as important as actions in politics, you can't just deceive millions to get their support and then do whatever the fuck you want to do.

(f) Something else: Elections in the US require a certain type of rhetoric. To appeal to a certain electorate you have to say and do things that appeal to them. Dumb people voted for Trump because of those things. Smart people voted for Trump despite those things. Smart people don't expect Trump to follow through with the things he said to dumb people. Trump's biggest challenge right now is overcomming the relentless attack of the biased media, celebrities and other forms of propaganda. He has to play nice with some of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I think the scope of the backtracking matters in this case.

With Hillary we'd more then likely get "smaller numbers" for a lack of a better term. Smaller minimum wage increase, smaller budgets etc.

The problem with Trump is that he's flat out not doing a lot of the things he said he would.
    What chance has he had to do anything that he promised? Was there a swearing in that I missed. I thought that didn't happen until January.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    That's not how politics works since people get elected based on words, on talk and not on actions. Talk is as important as actions in politics, you can't just deceive millions to get their support and then do whatever the fuck you want to do.
    Actually, it worked for the current President, why shouldn't Trump or anyone else be allowed to do the same thing?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I'm surprised that this thread is still open, honestly. I'm far from a Trump supporter (I'm not even American) but let's not pretend as if the wording of this thread or the source is intended for mature, constructive debate and critique. Plus there's already a dozen or so 'Trump' threads already.
    Yeah i was infracted for calling the democrats "democrits" but since the elections the shity mods have let the left get away with obvious insults that are far more ofensive. It disgusting really. #victimcomplex
    Last edited by stabetha; 2016-11-25 at 12:05 PM.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Quote Originally Posted by IntellectuallyChallenged View Post
    I would have voted for Hitler to keep Hillary out of office. Or Charles Manson. Or Genghis Khan. Or Joseph Stalin. I could go on...

Also, Soros is a puppet. He does nothing he isn't told to do by his masters. Just like the POTUS, no matter who it is.
    So I wrote this yesterday and ruffled just a couple of feathers. What those people seemed to miss was the sarcasm. Why in the world would any sane person vote for any of those people? Someone even assumed, quite wrongfully, that I support Cuntress Von Hillary. Nope, I don't support anyone that thinks they deserve to lord over others.

Next time folks, try some critical thinking instead of running straight for the pitchforks and torches. I know it's hard, but anyone really can do it. All you have to do is try, just a little bit.

No flip flop, friend. Is he not allowed to grow (not hands) as human being? His understanding has evolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    I guess the old adage is true then: Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Yes, and therefore he either held the same view as most non-political people before: All politicians are lazy and corrupt money-grubbing sloths who don't know and do anything, least of all for country and people, or he knew it's just a farce. If he'd been a blue collar person it would be more believable but he most likely dined and golfed a lot with some of the political elites before and I am sure a lot talk wasn't just regular banter.

Therein lies the issue, he's been part of the establishment before, he ranted against a specific part of the establishment and I am sure he won't touch it with a ten feet pole after he's sworn in office. He will make a few token gestures which may allude some "serious swamp-draining" but, really, it's more of trimming of shrubs.

It's interesting when people suddenly talk of Trump as politician as some sort of excuse. It shouldn't be, similarly to a soldier a politician is a confined individual no matter what people think. A lot people think being a politician is about keeping promises and making great things happen, and he built on that during that campaign. As a businessman you always know that every deal needs to be brokered which can sometimes mean a bit of backtracking. That's no different in politics which means he was certainly aware of it. Everyone who doesn't approach politics with the usual "corrupt elites in <insert name of your capitol>" knows that politics is about keeping up an agenda while looking for the next best solution and adapting to situations in most flexible manner (as far as your agenda permits it), been that way since end of the Thirty Years War. There's even a few famous Bismarck quotes about it. Trump can't and most likely won't play the innocent and say "I didn't know how politics worked" because he most certainly did, he just managed to convince people that he will be "a totally different kind of politician", some kind of politician-by-name only. I tell you that he won't, he may get a few issues solved as promised but on most issues he will have to "flip-flop", he will have to make amends with the establishment and most likely become a vital part of it anyway, and he may have to soften and drop a lot hard-line and tough-as-nails issues he campaigned with. Nothing is eaten as hot as it was cooked.

The biggest issue will be his voters, some will go along with whatever he does as part of a stalin-like personal cult, some others already knew but honestly only wanted him over other candidates, others will be severely disappointed. Those being as disappointed as them might get radicalized further.
    I'd be surprised if he managed to do even 20% of what he planned. He is bound to be blocked by the establishment on most of his ideas. I just hope he prioritizes and makes that 20% count. I think what is going on now is a push pull between Trump and the establishment. We would all love him to say "f U" to the establishment but he won't get anything done at all that way.

I think most Trump voters knew this would happen. They were just willing to take 20% of what Trump can do over Hillary.

I do also agree that it is a big problem that we expect corruption from our officials. We expect it because that is what they give us. I often joke that the only thing our government is good at is corruption. They are really good at it though. I feel like they are at the cutting edge of corruption, other corrupt people probably idolize them.

Seriously, what else are they actually good at? They can't win a military campaign with the best, most cutting edge military the world has ever known. They can't manage our social programs successfully even though they collect the most taxes in the world. They couldn't manage immigration, Obamacare was a disaster...... I could keep going but you can already see the trend. If any of us preformed as poorly at our jobs as these people did we would be fired in a second.

These are supposed to be our "leaders," the best and the brightest..... Seriously? It is a total joke, a sic joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaniac17 View Post
    Seriously, all you have to do is spend one second on google instead of making weird comments like that.
    And all you need is an education in economics.
    Let me dumb it down for you; If no one is working then who is buying anything that automation is making? Or are you fantasizing that the jobs left over can be filled by the millions not working? It's this non-thinking approach and/or delusion that can't grasp why it won't happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Talk is as important as actions in politics, you can't just deceive millions to get their support and then do whatever the fuck you want to do.
    Umm...seems to have been that way at least since Reagan.
    To be fair, there were plenty of people voting for Hillary on the idea that she'd flip-flop on all those liberal/progressive things that she was claiming since she was only saying those things to appease Bernie supporters, or so they said. (Tell me that wasn't funny...They were voting on the hope that she was a liar, since that was a proven fact or some shit...what's wrong with that picture?)

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    What chance has he had to do anything that he promised? Was there a swearing in that I missed. I thought that didn't happen until January.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, it worked for the current President, why shouldn't Trump or anyone else be allowed to do the same thing?
    I agree. He hasn't even taken office yet and people are knit picking him to death. It is basically a attempt to discredit him already and turn some of his supporters against him.

It is like the election hasn't ended for the Dems, they are still all over him like rabid attack dogs. The best part of it is: they are attacking constantly out of one side of their mouth and saying he better reach across the aisle out of the other side of their mouth.

Really? You are going to reach across the aisle to people that are constantly attacking you? If I was Trump, I wouldn't reach across the isle until the dems are willing to set aside their vitriol and they demonstrate that they are willing to work with him.

Personally, I am giving him a chance. He was big on "the first hundred days." I am going to watch what happens in his first hundred days of office and then revisit it then. I don't even think he will be able to do much in the first hundred days, because politics doesn't really work like that but i expect to see the ship at least headed in a better direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    I agree. He hasn't even taken office yet and people are knit picking him to death. It is basically a attempt to discredit him already and turn some of his supporters against him.

It is like the election hasn't ended for the Dems, they are still all over him like rabid attack dogs. The best part of it is: they are attacking constantly out of one side of their mouth and saying he better reach across the aisle out of the other side of their mouth.

Really? You are going to reach across the aisle to people that are constantly attacking you? If I was Trump, I wouldn't reach across the isle until the dems are willing to set aside their vitriol and they demonstrate that they are willing to work with him.

Personally, I am giving him a chance. He was big on "the first hundred days." I am going to watch what happens in his first hundred days of office and then revisit it then. I don't even think he will be able to do much in the first hundred days, because politics doesn't really work like that but i expect to see the ship at least headed in a better direction.
    I agree on all points.
    Too many are making judgments right now...when he isn't president yet.
    I confess his appointments aren't all that reassuring, and my chief concerns at this stage are the environment and labor...so I'm really mixed on the whole "cautiously optimistic" feeling.
    Still...I gave GWB time when he was elected. 2002 rolling around was all I needed to call his admin shit. (That was 2 years)

If Bannon quits/gets fired next year that will tell me more about the direction of the Trump Admin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    What chance has he had to do anything that he promised? Was there a swearing in that I missed. I thought that didn't happen until January
    Because it doesn't look good if you backtrack before being president.

If I say I'm going to get you the biggest chocolate cake in the world for your birthday, and days later I tell you "well it's going to be normal sized and vanilla" are you still hoping for the biggest chocolate cake in the world since your birthday hasn't passed yet?

You guys ain't getting your cake, no matter how many times you clack your ruby slippers.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Because it doesn't look good if you backtrack before being president.

If I say I'm going to get you the biggest chocolate cake in the world for your birthday, and days later I tell you "well it's going to be normal sized and vanilla" are you still hoping for the biggest chocolate cake in the world since your birthday hasn't passed yet?

You guys ain't getting your cake, no matter how many times you clack your ruby slippers.
    If you said, "I'm going to get you the biggest chocolate cake in the world", then got me pretty fuckin' big chocolate cake, then some other guy that doesn't like you in the first place swung by and said, "you said biggest and the Guinness Book of World Records says right here that's not literally the biggest", I'd think your interlocutor was either dishonest or autistic. The cake wouldn't be something I'd be too grumpy about.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    I'm not butthurt. There's going to be 4 years (maximum) of "I told you so"s coming from me. I use caps because, like Trump, his supporters don't seem to be able to read unless you devolve communication to twitter speech with caps and memes.
    it'll be 8 years

you were on the same side of the fence as those screaming "LOL HILLARY WILL CRUSH HIM NOV. 8TH"

love drinking the regressive's tears

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember when many people on here (who are fine with Trump doing it) were upset with Hillary over changing her mind from stuff from 20 years ago.

Its because they support the person, not the policies. Policies are irrelevant when you're just mad at tumblr and 5-15 on average students at any college.