Thread: [TV] South Park

Page 38 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    What? Rick and Morty barely has continuity. The story doesn't depend on previous episodes. South Park does.
    So the next episode Rick will be at home like nothing happened? No aliens on earth, no mention of his selfless act, no mention of Birdperson's death?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    So the next episode Rick will be at home like nothing happened? No aliens on earth, no mention of his selfless act, no mention of Birdperson's death?
    No1 knows
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Member when Simpsons' did it...first? Was way more funny then.

I like continuity well enough, referencing past episodes, building on stuff, but not one plot for the entire season.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by brimdog View Post
    Member when Simpsons' did it...first? Was way more funny then.
    The Simpsons stopped being funny 20 years ago.

I forgot about the episode but my phone notified me. I just happened to be watching Comedy Central and South Park is showing the Black Friday special.

Deleted
    What? Rick and Morty barely has continuity. The story doesn't depend on previous episodes. South Park does.
    Not at face-value atleast.
    I dare you to research it and how most motives seem to appear prior to being highlighted and way past that also.

But yes, at face value South Park really went into the less-episodic format.

Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    The Simpsons stopped being funny 20 years ago.
    nah; you're wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    After watching the Black Friday three-parter again, and seeing the ending where they announce Stick of Truth, I had to start playing that game again.

I forgot how fucking good it is... I swear if Fractured But Whole is 1/2 as good as the details make it seem, it's going to be a serious Game of the Year contender for me.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

One of the best books ever written

The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs
    by Leopold Butters Stotch

is currently available on http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7...-mcboogerballs

The First few Paragraphs make you want to vomit..But it is from the mind of a genius Author

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Fractured But Whole looks like a ton of fun. I'm glad they decided to tackle a different genre with it instead of sticking to classic Fantasy RPG structure. The Stick of Truth was a ton of fun itself, but a sequel in the same style would likely feel pretty boring.
    Indeed, the Stick of Truth was a tie in with the Black Friday episodes, it was a perfect idea to make the second one based on the Coon and Friends episodes. Sucks for them that the delay has put it so far behind the release of Civil War, would have been better if they could have been a bit closer together.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It would have been nice, but they are smart to delay it until it is done right than rush it out.
    Oh for sure. I was a day one purchase anyway, so I don't care when it comes out, I'll get it... plus I'd MUCH rather wait a month or so and get a great product, then have them rush it out and have to patch it later.

I mean from their point of view, they may lose sales over this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Indeed, the Stick of Truth was a tie in with the Black Friday episodes, it was a perfect idea to make the second one based on the Coon and Friends episodes. Sucks for them that the delay has put it so far behind the release of Civil War, would have been better if they could have been a bit closer together.
    ? Are you talking about Captain America?

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    One of the best books ever written

The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs
    by Leopold Butters Stotch

is currently available on http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7...-mcboogerballs

The First few Paragraphs make you want to vomit..But it is from the mind of a genius Author

*Narrates in the voice of Morgan Freeman*

Then a long thin strip of poop came out. It was the worst kind of poop, wiener poop.........

10+ Year Old Account
    ? Are you talking about Captain America?
    Yup. Originally FbW was meant to come out around now, which is still a fair way after Cap3, but not SO far apart that the jokes would fall flat.

If you're pushing it back to Q1 2017, the gap will be too large and the whole "Ripping on Civil War/Marvel Vs DC" thing will be getting old.

Yup. Originally FbW was meant to come out around now, which is still a fair way after Cap3, but not SO far apart that the jokes would fall flat.

If you're pushing it back to Q1 2017, the gap will be too large and the whole "Ripping on Civil War/Marvel Vs DC" thing will be getting old.
    Ohhhh I didn't realize. I didn't make the connection "Coon and Friends are superheroes" to Captain America being superheroes so that they could make clever jokes.

Yeah it may seem a little late, by now. I guess it doesn't matter much, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ohhhh I didn't realize. I didn't make the connection "Coon and Friends are superheroes" to Captain America being superheroes so that they could make clever jokes.
    It's not really mentioned in the series, but they REALLY go over the top referencing it in the trailer for the game.

At one point they even say that they're doing Civil War, then one remarks "I thought Civil War didn't come till phase 3"

Then, just to add another level, Cartman refers to Stan as "DC Comics" as he's leaving XD.

Yeah it may seem a little late, by now. I guess it doesn't matter much, though.
    If you watch this trailer for the game, it makes a lot more sense:
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2016-11-28 at 03:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    If you watch this trailer for the game, it makes a lot more sense
    I've seen that trailer way too many times XD. It's insane how hyped I am for this game...

It's not really mentioned in the series, but they REALLY go over the top referencing it in the trailer for the game.

At one point they even say that they're doing Civil War, then one remarks "I thought Civil War didn't come till phase 3"

Then, just to add another level, Cartman refers to Stan as "DC Comics" as he's leaving XD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    If you watch this trailer for the game, it makes a lot more sense:
    [video=youtube;fiayfb1rrs0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiayfb1rrs0[video]
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh now it makes a lot of sense. Yeah I actually think the jokes are a little behind the times. Maybe if Marvel had released a mainstream movie and not Dr. Strange...

Btw I saw in a commercial that if you buy Fractured Butthole that you get Stick of Truth for free. Interesting.

----------------

New episode tonight. In like 2 hours.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    [**in response to me complaining about SP being off for the week**]

The thing is, though, if you watch that one documentary about them, you'll see how insane their work schedule is. They basically have around six days or so to come up with the next episode, as they only start thinking about the next one after the last one has aired. Of course, with longer plot lines it might be a bit easier and they could form those out a bit further in advance, but still.

Perhaps after all these years they feel like they might just want to have a break every now and then.
    Sorry I didn't respond to this when you posted it, but now that I've waited another week I'm refired now.

Who cares about working hard. One season a year is like 10 weeks of working hard. I think I'd be okay with that ratio. 10/52 hardcore, 42/52 softcore/rest.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw Comedy Central has been replaying these episodes more than FX plays fucking Iron Man or other Marvel movies. It's getting sickening. I'm starting to not like it.