Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Because the comics and the movies take place in a different universe. LOTS of the characters interactions are out of place compared to their comic book versions. I mean Hulk got knocked out by the Hulkbuster. How many times and how many versions of that suit has Hulk utterly beat the shit out of? And look at Scarlet Witch, her powers went from reality altering and probability manipulation to...telekinesis and energy blasts and shields?
    which suck.

I don't wnat them to be as powerful as their comic counterparts but lets keep it real.

making Captain Marvel being overpowered while the others got the biggest nerf in history is bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    yeah he did that but now he is a weak ass bitch.
    He is, but not for long. It's boring if a character starts out strong and ends up stronger. If a character starts out weak and end as the All-Father, king of the gods?

Boss AF.

while Mother Storm explains why Jane managed to fight Odin, its still bullshit that they retcon shit just to fit the story.
    Tbh, I'd rather they retcon in a reason for it, than just leave it that she was able to go toe to toe with Odin because she can... At least now we have a solid reason for her being able to stand up to the All-Father. It was actally very little to do with her and A LOT to do with Mjolnir settling a score.

Thor gets unworthy and loses and arm LMAO.
    This was actually forshadowed a while back. If you read the Thor: God of Thunder run from 2013-2015(which btw, is one of my favourite comic runs EVER. So freaking good. Worth noting, it's written by the same guy who is currently writing Unworthy Thor), when it jumped ahead to the end of time with King Thor, he had the same arm missing and instead had an magical Uru arm in it's place. Thor losing that arm and getting the same metal replacement is one step closer to him becoming All-father. This is a good thing IMO. As for him being unworthy, again I don't think that will last much longer. The author of Unworthy Thor has flat out SAID that in the current "Unworthy Thor" run we will find out what Nick Fury said to him and why that made him unworthy, IMO the only reason to do that is leading up to him reclaiming his birth-right, the throne of Asgard.

she is better in controlling Mjolnir than Thor because reasons.
    See my earlier point about her going against Odin. Least we have a solid reason WHY she's so good now.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    He is, but not for long. It's boring if a character starts out strong and ends up stronger. If a character starts out weak and end as the All-Father, king of the gods?
    he doesn't need to be that way though. just give him his original Mjonir and that's it.
    Boss AF.

Tbh, I'd rather they retcon in a reason for it, than just leave it that she was able to go toe to toe with Odin because she can... At least now we have a solid reason for her being able to stand up to the All-Father. It was actally very little to do with her and A LOT to do with Mjolnir settling a score.
    still bullshit. I would rather see Odin stomping her then a retcon.

This was actually forshadowed a while back. If you read the Thor: God of Thunder run from 2013-2015(which btw, is one of my favourite comic runs EVER. So freaking good. Worth noting, it's written by the same guy who is currently writing Unworthy Thor), when it jumped ahead to the end of time with King Thor, he had the same arm missing and instead had an magical Uru arm in it's place. Thor losing that arm and getting the same metal replacement is one step closer to him becoming All-father. This is a good thing IMO. As for him being unworthy, again I don't think that will last much longer. The author of Unworthy Thor has flat out SAID that in the current "Unworthy Thor" run we will find out what Nick Fury said to him and why that made him unworthy, IMO the only reason to do that is leading up to him reclaiming his birth-right, the throne of Asgard.
    doesn't matter. he looks lame.

See my earlier point about her going against Odin. Least we have a solid reason WHY she's so good now.
    still lame reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    He doesn't NEED to be that way, but characters need to grow if you don't want them to stagnate. It's just good storytelling... Thor has remained basically the same since his creation, the only changes have been short term power boosts (Warrior Madness, Necro Thor, Rune King) and the reveal that his mother is really Gaea... Which they promptly decided to ignore.

Anything which furthers the character is a good thing.

So let me get this right... You think it doesn't matter that they're using forshadowing to point us toward the idea of Thor becoming the All-Father within the coming arc, while also giving him a small power upgrade (the Uru arm is stronger than his old "human" one), because you think he looks lame?

Okay. We're done here.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    He doesn't NEED to be that way, but characters need to grow if you don't want them to stagnate. It's just good storytelling... Thor has remained basically the same since his creation, the only changes have been short term power boosts (Warrior Madness, Necro Thor, Rune King) and the reveal that his mother is really Gaea... Which they promptly decided to ignore.

Anything which furthers the character is a good thing.

So let me get this right... You think it doesn't matter that they're using forshadowing to point us toward the idea of Thor becoming the All-Father within the coming arc, while also giving him a small power upgrade (the Uru arm is stronger than his old "human" one), because you think he looks lame?

Okay. We're done here.
    yes, I don't like the way he looks. he looks too weird with that metal arm.

not to mention he was held by freaking giants, a guy who was fighting Galactus, stalemated Hulk and others LMAO.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Gallahadd God Butcher arc was amazing.

after that, Thor was going downhill.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2016-11-28 at 04:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    God Butcher arc was amazing.

after that, Thor was going downhill.
    Hell yeah it was, I loved Last Days of Midgard as well. Was interesting to see how he coped with fighting something that he couldn't just smash.

Also, it was IIRC, the first appearance of Phil Coulson in the Thor comics, and as he's one of my favourite marvel characters, it was good to see him.

and then we got female Thor

anyway, back on topic.

Captain Marvel being the most powerful superhero is pretty badass even though its BS.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2016-11-28 at 10:32 PM.

My first intro to Carol was her punching Rogue into orbit. I think it's a shame that character arc wont happen in the MCU.

Is she going to have the nega bands? I think that would put her up in power a few levels. However, even if they just put her at her current comic levels in the MCU she'd likely overpower Thor and the Hulk. Hell I remember when Hulk threw a train at Thor. I think either of them would have a hard time lifting an engine in the MCU, and a train would be out of the question.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we're getting a BIT carried away with the "Thor and Hulk are pussies in the MCU" thing...

They're nerfed, but they're not pathetic. During Hulk Vs Thor on the Triskelion, they were throwing Fighter Jets around like they were tonka toys, Hulk still managed to punch one of those big Chitauri Levithans so hard it died, and Thor managed to nuke a couple of them and a shit load of infantry with a single lightning blast during the battle of New York.

They're NOWHERE near they're comic book counterparts, but they're FAR from being total pussies. Tbh I think the problem is more than they've not had a chance to show off their power, than that they don't have it. I'm really hoping that for Hulk Vs Thor: The Rematch in Ragnarok we'll get a chance to see them both unleash... And then for Thor to beat Hulk .

Then once they've got that out of their systems and the REAL fights can begin, I'm hoping/guessing they're both going to have some serious fights.

I mean... We can't forget that in Dark World, Thor went up against an INFINITY GEM USER and smacked the shit out of him... And this time he's fighting someone even stronger.

honestly, Kurse >>>> InGeMalekith.

Curse utterly destroyed Thor and bitch slapped his hammer away.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2016-11-29 at 01:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kurse* .

And regardless of how you rank those two. In Ragnarok he's going up against either Hela or Surtur, both of whom are stronger than anything we've seen so far, besides Thanos.

So it should be a chance for them to show just how much pain the God of Thunder can dish out, given a chance.

Deleted
    Honestly with them having the 2 heaviest hitters power wise in Ragnarok, (with perhaps a cameo from Dr Strange now that we've seen the after credits scene in DS), they should be dishing out the hurt. They kinda have to hold back in the Avengers movies because and in Thor/Hulk movies because there are always regular humans around, hopefully in Rangarok they can finally cut loose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fingers crossed man... I mean if Thor can't go all out against Skurge/Hela, who CAN he go full out against?

#justiceforthor
    #justiceforhulk
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    #justiceforthor
    #justiceforhulk
    aboard the train guys!!!

we will wait for MCU crew in front of their headquarters and demand justice!!!

Rag is gonna be loads of fun. Just thor and hulk bashin loads of aliens brains in, throwin back some brewskies. Only problem is that the middle of the movie will probably feel a little too "fun" for a movie named ragnarok.

I hope they find the right balance between fun road trip buddy cop movie and an actual threatening presence and villain.

It will be epic though, regardless.

- - - Updated - - -

Visually. Think buck rogers mixed with super heroes
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly don't see why they decided to shoehorn Planet Hulk, one of Hulk's best most iconic stories, into Ragnarok... One of Thor's best, most epic stories...

It's going to take some SERIOUS work to give both plotlines the justice they deserve, while not making the whole thing 6 hours long and feel bloated AF.

i wouldnt really say it shoe horns in planet hulk. its not a planet hulk movie. it just takes a small couple cool bits from that story to introduce hulk into the movie
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Heard a great theory about the last Infinity Gem, not sure if its been posted here yet, but I haven't seen it. Heimdall has the last Infinity Gem, the Soul Gem, which lets him see all the souls in the universe which is why he can see everyone from Asgard, it also explains why he's blind in Thors vision, Thanos takes the Soul Gem in Ragnarok, leaving Heimdall blind.

We know that Idris Elba isn't exactly happy at Marvel, so maybe RIP Heimdall in Ragnarok?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i wouldnt really say it shoe horns in planet hulk. its not a planet hulk movie. it just takes a small couple cool bits from that story to introduce hulk into the movie
    My point is, Hulk does not feature in Ragnarok. ANY hulk in this film is, IMO, too much, as even 10 minutes of Planet Hulkish storyline is 10 minutes less time to spend on Ragnarok. From what I've heard the first act of the film is very planet hulkesque, with Thor being on the gladiator planet and Hulk being the reigning champion, while I'm kinda okay with this (especially if Thor wins their fight ) I don't see what was wrong with just making the Ragnarok film the same as the Ragnarok comic.

My one problem with the MCU so far, is they make films of these amazing, iconic comic book runs, and almost never actually give us the plots that we're familiar with.

Add in Taika's talk of how funny this film is, and how it's like a cosmic buddy cop film, complete with John Cena cameo and you can see why I'm getting a bit worried about this film.

I know I'm very much in the minority on this, but what can I say... Thor is my one of favourite all time characters and Hulk is one of my least favourite, so is it a huge surprise that I'm a little annoyed with the change ?

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    We know that Idris Elba isn't exactly happy at Marvel, so maybe RIP Heimdall in Ragnarok?
    I heard it was the other way around. Marvel were annoyed with him, that's why there was a lot of talk about a Thor post credit scene being removed from (I think) Age of Ultron and Idris prossibly not being in Ragnarok.

I DO like the theory though, even if it annoys me slightly that this would imply that Heimdal's powers are only because he has an infinity gem and not because he's a freakin god-like being .