Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    No it's called Bad Luck Protection working as intended. Do you think the system considers the fact that people who already have 4 Legendaries as unlucky?

The thing that most people don't seem to get is that those people who play 10-16 h a day doing Mythic+, top end raiding and capping every single WQ do get what they deserve. Namely the rewards that come from doing that content. Legendaries are the cherry on top rare and random drop that makes you feel awesome, they are not a guaranteed or deserved reward.
    Trust me if you get Pyrdaz, you feel many things "awesome" is not one of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbleduck View Post
    This.
    Why you even complain about 5th legendary is beyond me.
    Whiners gonna whine, that's why.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Why? Why would you take someone that does way less damage?
    I don't know how your guild does it but we make sure we have a few extra raiders in case some one can't come for whatever reason.

The ones that preform better, will of course get to come more often. Why would they not?
    Like i said, this will depend on the type of guild. Guild where progress is the most important thing, yeah they will bring the best performing players each and everytime. Guilds that are build on long term friendships from either in game or IRL (for example guilds that have guild meets 1-2 times a year, or are build around groups of IRL friends that go out each week and stuff) will just rotate players to they all get to see the content and base their decisions to bench players or not more often on other criteria then "Have 2x BiS"

I'm honestly dumbfounded by people saying 'muh duh, why u komplain when u got 4 legundariz???'..

That's almost as retarded as saying 'But you got 3x 890 fire relic already!1!11! So what your weapon need 3x blood, why u komplain?? U got lewt'.

I guess casuals just gonna casual, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    Yeah, too bad there are only 3 guild in whole WoW at this moment, better get your BiS legendary or be benched forever! /s
    Some bosses both can be in for, some only one. Do you take the better performing rogue or the worse? Yea, I thought so. Downgrading your guild untill you never get sat really isn't a feasible option, when you consider the cost of realm transfers; And the fact that downgrading means playing with worse players, which isn't ideal either.

Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    It has very much to do with how competitive the guild is, Top 100 guilds, yeah this stuff will happen, Guilds where the only binding between players is progress, even if they are not a "top guilds", stuf like this will probably happen. But for example in 7/7M (or lower) guilds that run a thight roster of friends that have been playing with eachother for years (sometimes 10+ years), where friendship is more important then progress (even if the progress is good) this hardly is a issue. Those guilds won't bench a long term friend just because he does not have 2x Bis, they will just work around it

Bullshit. Guild's facing mythic ursoc enrage, they have two rogues competing for one spot - they don't take the "friend", because then they alienate the other rogue, they take the one doing the most damage so they can beat the enrage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyonred View Post
    Please link armory because I don't even remotely belive you have 700 runs done.
    On my alt I got 70 and I got two already.
    I have 600 time runs so far (the runs without timerun are not shown. more or less 100 runs should be accurate).

http://www.wowprogress.com/character...ackmoore/Hakii

the first i got was on ~50 m+ (bracers), the second on ~250 (cloak), the third one at ~300 (prydaz). It is several weeks ago since my last drop. I think my acc is broken. God in heaven, if the next drop is an utility one, I will travel to the headquarters....
    Last edited by mmoca163a27034; 2016-11-29 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Phoenix View Post
    The "soft cap" was that you didn't have any bad-luck protection at 4+ legendaries so that rumour is beyond stupid...
    I mean not only for those fortunate enough to have 4+ but for everyone else too, so far Blizzard has shown they can fuck it up very much with legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by TommiTMX View Post
    I'm not convinced you understood how the soft-cap that was removed worked and how it would work going forward. The soft-cap stopped bad luck protection from working once you had 4 Legendary items (i.e. you could still get a fifth Legendary, but you had a minuscule chance of it happening per drop that never increased).

Removing that soft-cap means that they are basically re-enabling bad luck protection BEYOND 4 Legendary items. I imagine that bad luck protection wasn't retroactively applied for the week(s) that people were farming with no bad luck protection.

So they didn't reset bad luck protection, it just didn't exist. They can't have removed it since putting it back was the point of removing the soft-cap.
    You didn't understand my post, see above response.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtel View Post
    Isn't this exactly what we expect? Before they removed the soft cap, bad luck protection no longer accumulated once you reached 4 legendaries. Therefore, prior to removing the soft cap, everyone with 4 legendaries would have had zero bad luck protection. It's only after they removed the soft cap do these people start accumulating bad luck protection again.
    Same as guy up above.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyzoh View Post
    I wouldn't call it a rumor if I understood the blue post correctly then it is accurate and implied by the post .The way I understood the blue post was that if you had 4 you could get a 5th but had zero bad luck protection to increase your chance so it was incredibly low and it never increased each time you did something that can potentially yield a legendary it would always stay at zero. All that removing the "soft cap" did was allow that bad luck protection to accumulate even if you were already at 4 however all the thing you did prior to the cap being removed did not count towards that accumulation of bad luck protection.
    I'm starting to repeat myself here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyahamd View Post
    People that play 10-16 h a day deserve more than you fucking plebs that put half an hour in.
    The only thing those players, who spend 10-16 hours a day playing a video game, deserves is pity from the rest of us who are actually functioning responsible human beings.

Quote Originally Posted by Citrush View Post
    Blp isnt working at all. I have ~700 m+, each emissary chest, nearly all raidbosses (except a few mythic bosses) and only 3 legs so far.
    People over exaggerate how much content they do. If you started your first Mythic+ they DAY Legion lauchned you have had to do 7.7 M+ a day to break 700 and couldn't miss a day.

10+ Year Old Account
    i have 3 110s that i complete every single emissary chest and hc dungeon daily yet only 1 legendary drop so far ( from hc nythendra ) which is sephuz's unbelievably good ring of hope yet i don't see myself crying over it. maybe it's just me tho.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyonred View Post
    Please link armory because I don't even remotely belive you have 700 runs done.
    On my alt I got 70 and I got two already.
    How can you tell from armory how many M+'s one has is there a chieve tracking it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    i have 3 110s that i complete every single emissary chest and hc dungeon daily yet only 1 legendary drop so far ( from hc nythendra ) which is sephuz's unbelievably good ring of hope yet i don't see myself crying over it. maybe it's just me tho.
    Um, people who say this.. do you realize that if you ONLY do your emissary box and daily hc your chances to get a legendary are SOOO low. It's actually lucky that you got even one for this method.

What people don't seem to understand that for mythic raiders who spam mythic+ all day and do multiple difficulties of the raids, it's not a question of if you will get a legendary, it's when and which one you get. That is why you hear people complain about utility legendaries, getting a legendary is more or less guaranteed but the coin flip is that you either get a glorified titanforge roll or massive dps increase.

Quote Originally Posted by sdove05 View Post
    How can you tell from armory how many M+'s one has is there a chieve tracking it?
    Wowprogress shows it.
    Like this guy with like 2.7k done: http://www.wowprogress.com/character...aelstrom/Cerli

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post

Bullshit. Guild's facing mythic ursoc enrage, they have two rogues competing for one spot - they don't take the "friend", because then they alienate the other rogue, they take the one doing the most damage so they can beat the enrage.
    And thats where i call bullshit, you miss the whole point, in guilds where friendship (usually IRL friendship, but also long time ingame friendships, and then i mean the ones where you also meet up with ppl IRL and drink beers, or whatever you drink) is the deciding factor, the raiders usually don't compete for spots, they share spots so indeed as you see, they don't alienate friends. If there is only one rogue spot sure the higher one might be asked to go Ursoc to beat the enrage if that is a issue, and then the other rogue might get a spot on a fight where dps is less deciding as progress is not the most important thing to these type of guilds, the playing together and having fun is, the progress is usually just a bonus to these guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by elprofessor View Post
    I have 600 time runs so far (the runs without timerun are not shown. more or less 100 runs should be accurate).

http://www.wowprogress.com/character...ackmoore/Hakii

the first i got was on ~50 m+ (bracers), the second on ~250 (cloak), the third one at ~300 (prydaz). It is several weeks ago since my last drop. I think my acc is broken. God in heaven, if the next drop is an utility one, I will travel to the headquarters....
    Is it fun to run 335 +2 dungeons at 880+? Because it sounds like you're just doing it to try to get legendaries and I think thats just.... odd / sad imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellomania View Post
    Wowprogress shows it.
    Like this guy with like 2.7k done: http://www.wowprogress.com/character...aelstrom/Cerli
    The number is not correct, it is 1539 at this time. For example if he does a M+6 then the counter for +2 and +5 both get incremented.

The number is not correct, it is 1539 at this time. For example if he does a M+6 then the counter for +2 and +5 both get incremented.
    Haven't really noticed that when checking my profile, but can check on myself a bit later i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82 View Post
    People over exaggerate how much content they do. If you started your first Mythic+ they DAY Legion lauchned you have had to do 7.7 M+ a day to break 700 and couldn't miss a day.
    And that is so hard? Check top AP gained on wowprogress and check how many mythic+ dungons they did... http://www.wowprogress.com/artifact_power/

top guy made over 1500 m+ dungons.

My self have over 10mil AP earned gained, was doing mythic+ like crazy for a ~2 weeks ~200 mythic+ done in that time, however im still on only 2 legendarys crappy MM bracers and sephuz secret at that point is said to my self "f this shit". rng sucks ass, cant think about worse system then this really

The counter also seems quite buggy, tells me for example i only completed 36 <5 M+, while i did quite a few more., and its also off on the 5+ ones and on the highest completed one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Is it fun to run 335 +2 dungeons at 880+? Because it sounds like you're just doing it to try to get legendaries and I think thats just.... odd / sad imo.
    eh? i am doing m+ since day one. ofc i have a lot of +2-4 runs. Since i have ilvl 870 I try to focus on +9. I have a lot of runs at 7-14 which were not made in time, so they didnt get count by wowprogress. I have no clue for myself how many non-timeruns i have made, it could definitely more than 100. I have no idea to track all runs not only timeruns but I have definitely more runs in +7 or higher than 2-6.
    Furthermore I do a lot of pugs, so it is completely random how the dungeons are working. I'll try to dodge bad affixes like necro and aiming for +6 in those weeks.

minimum 700, i guess i have 800 or 900. who knows.
    Last edited by mmoca163a27034; 2016-11-29 at 03:20 PM.