Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

WoW Token selling for 60,000-62,172 gold.

Why on earth is the token getting so pricy now?

An item with a set value of 30kg is now worth double, 60kg isn't even worth 30 days of play time.

http://puu.sh/syR47/1a86173962.jpg
    Last edited by Haselden; 2016-11-29 at 11:34 PM.

Blizzard probably didn't like that nobody bought it for gold. Then they also mention they might wanna make it so you can buy character services for them

Just check EU, thats what the token-prices will head to with 7.1.5

Deleted
    Yeah try 100k+ on EU

Quote Originally Posted by Haselden View Post

An item with a set value of 30kg is now worth double, 62kg isn't even worth 30 days of play time.

Basic supply and demand, I guess.

Lol, 60k pricy xD

NA so qt
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    Blizzard probably didn't like that nobody bought it for gold. Then they also mention they might wanna make it so you can buy character services for them
    Blizzard doesn't control the price, but yes, that they are talking about them being usable to character services (or B.net balance as was datamined) is pretty much the sole reason they more than doubled in price, people bought as many as they could before said service becomes available.

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fastest way to make Euros cry around here is to bring up the NA price.

Would love to pay for that price instead of the current 100k in Europe...

Deleted
    105K on my server ._.

i wish we had that price in eu. i guess with 715 yours will be like eu now and ours heading towards 140k+/-

High demand and low supply.

Blizzard does not set the prices. It is all based on demand.

With Legion releasing and more people coming back in the game, you saw the price start to rise a month in. When players who came back Sub running off. And with the announcement of Bnet funds OR a Sub from the Tokens.. you have some people hoarding them. I do not know if it is confirmed or not that you can claim them for Bnet funds if you just hoard them now. But people are doing that.

glad i purchased over a years worth when it was at 30k, as much gold as i have id rather spend the $15 than the 60k+

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    105K on my server ._.
    It's region wide.

/looks over at Europe, China, Korea, and Taiwan gold prices

Its a lttle more expensive over there. Just a little.

An item with a set value of 30kg is now worth double, 60kg isn't even worth 30 days of play time.

last patch added hidden strings that make it look like sometime in the future Blizz will allow you to add the money value of the token to your Battlenet account balance making it possible to use the tokens to buy stuff like the mounts and pets from the Blizzard store with them, so people bought a bunch in speculation.

Deleted
    60k was as cheap as you can get them on Europe, and it was still worth it, since you only needed 2-3 hours of farming for (garrisons made the rest). Stop crying.

Then don't buy it and pay for your sub like most of the poor plebs.

You will soon be able to use them for character services and even buying things in other blizzard games. So obviously their price is going to get pretty high now.