Page 26 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    the buffs are a bit on the low side imo, still need around a 10% buff to be around where we are on live.

So far the most underwhelming aspect of these new set of changes are the fact that our other secondary stats (than fire) have received zero attention in terms of scaling.
    Crit is so good compared to the others, in part, because the others are so terrible.

All they are doing is making crit worse.

Deleted
    The loss of Ice Floes for Fire is not addressed either. This is real bad news for the Marquee Bindings, as no matter what the damage tweaks are a lot more of the procs will be unusable. Scorch remains the pathetic spell it has been since WoD and I'd rather see it gone if it means Ice Floes is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyliria View Post
    So far the most underwhelming aspect of these new set of changes are the fact that our other secondary stats (than fire) have received zero attention in terms of scaling.
    Crit is so good compared to the others, in part, because the others are so terrible.

All they are doing is making crit worse.
    So much this, they are making crit worse for fire but the other secondaries are still garbage. After these changes will go live fire will still need every last bit of crit it can get.

Edit: Pyretic Incantation is getting nerfed to 2% damage per stack instead of 5%. :|
    Last edited by Fayolynn; 2016-11-30 at 01:27 AM.

Deleted
    Looking at the changes we can see that fire got unwrecked. Less bursty, more consistent damage, overall seems fine. Have to wait for simc release and feedback from PTR.
    Regarding Ice Floes, arcane got hit harder by this. Naturally fire got instant pyros, dragon's breath, scorch, phoenix flames to keep dishing out damage during movement. While it is a dps loss, the changes are fair compared to how other ranged dps classes deal with movement. Not much to complain about. Also, shimmer is enough to deal with current boss mechanics. I look at this as an opportunity to outplay less skilled mages with encounter knowledge, positioning and ability to make use of all spells in fire mage toolkit.

Quote Originally Posted by flameterix View Post
    Looking at the changes we can see that fire got slightly less wrecked.
    Fixed that for you. So far these changes look like an overall nerf still.

Deleted
    Did fire mages just get a 5% crit nerf?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    Edit: Pyretic Incantation is getting nerfed to 2% damage per stack instead of 5%. :|
    Fire mages must be the only spec in the game where all three golden traits are actual garbage worth less than minor traits. I could design better and more fun golden traits after waking up and before breakfast.

Looking at the changes we can see that fire got unwrecked. Less bursty, more consistent damage, overall seems fine. Have to wait for simc release and feedback from PTR.
    Regarding Ice Floes, arcane got hit harder by this. Naturally fire got instant pyros, dragon's breath, scorch, phoenix flames to keep dishing out damage during movement. While it is a dps loss, the changes are fair compared to how other ranged dps classes deal with movement. Not much to complain about. Also, shimmer is enough to deal with current boss mechanics. I look at this as an opportunity to outplay less skilled mages with encounter knowledge, positioning and ability to make use of all spells in fire mage toolkit.
    Nope, with these changes it's still a huge nerf compared to live. Good bye, fire mages.

Deleted
    it hardly got unwrecked, it should still be a nerf overall compared to live bcoz the buffs are too low and there are several glaring issues to boot like stat priorities, crit will still reign supreme, all they have done so far is give us less crit, so they havent really solved anything but it is a step in the right direction and it wont be the last patch we'll see, nor the last set of buffs i would imagine.

Deleted
    Ok just checked PTR, lost 11% crit (49% instead of 60%), Pyrectic Incantion was nerfed to 2%. I have no words.

Quote Originally Posted by ajoram View Post
    Ok just checked PTR, lost 11% crit (49% instead of 60%), Pyrectic Incantion was nerfed to 2%. I have no words.
    I have one.. sadly but - reroll.

Deleted
    aye, those 2 things are also one of the main reasons why its still a significant nerf overall and it gets even worse, if we want to use the t19 then we'll loose roughly between 5-8% crit in addition to that which imo make the 4pc pretty much useless, i still cling to the hope that the stats on our t19 are merely placeholder stats.

Time to play arcane bois...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hasublade View Post
    I have one.. sadly but - reroll.
    It's not live yet. Should this go live however, I will not reroll, I will quit.

I like my fire mage a lot and it saddens me to see how the spec is being ruined. Now, if I chose another class or spec that I liked there is still no guarantee that Blizzard is not going to crush it as well over the course of the expansion. So, whats the point?

Good thing that Nostalrius is coming back.

It was so obvious, when they started the stat discussion at blizzcon and say that they dont like how fire mages want crit and they want to change that. At that that time i thought to myself, fire is doomed..

Less crit, less damage on crit but no changes to our gameplay to make us want anything but crit. Way to show you have zero clue what you are up to Blizzard.

Good. (in a way) Before you all bite my head off they are doing exactly what was said they would do, and that is stop our scaling in such a way that crit would > all messing up ilvl etc etc.

PI was contributing to that. Should they remain true to their word (only time will tell) with saying that they want us to be about where we were before, then I would expect some sort of base spell power upgrade to our spells to compensate. The patch notes hint towards that, but again if thats enough I dont know (probably not)

Quote Originally Posted by pyrostorm9001 View Post
    Good. (in a way) Before you all bite my head off they are doing exactly what was said they would do, and that is stop our scaling in such a way that crit would > all messing up ilvl etc etc.

PI was contributing to that. Should they remain true to their word (only time will tell) with saying that they want us to be about where we were before, then I would expect some sort of base spell power upgrade to our spells to compensate. The patch notes hint towards that, but again if thats enough I dont know (probably not)
    Unless current fire mechanic exist crit will always be above all. So all this changes are just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by pyrostorm9001 View Post

The problem is in their attempt to nerf crit to the point that we don't care what secondaries we get all they are doing is destroying the gameplay of fire.
    Last edited by Fayolynn; 2016-11-30 at 02:17 AM.